Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old August 14th, 2013 (08:25 PM).
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
Now, it might be high time for Adrian to battle someone...

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old August 15th, 2013 (01:16 AM).
pokefan9900
The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!

Nature: Serious
Oh, Wooly leaving the RP is sad, now how will we finish the battle? I hope he comes back, and I hope he has a nice life!

Pokemon: Squirts the Wartortle: level 35
Fang the Golbat: level 36
Porkchop the Primeape: level 32
Powder the Swinub: Level 16
Old August 15th, 2013 (09:58 PM).
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
@Iny and Pokefan - I think Wooly left the RPC. So you may have to contend with that. Either way I'll wait for you to finish the post before I have Zayne finish the class.
A bit annoyed it was unannounced but yeah, what can you do...
Old August 20th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
I've also chosen to leave PTA, as nice as it is I lost all muse.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 20th, 2013 (08:19 AM).
Iny Gage
Forum Dweller.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
@Iny and Pokefan - I think Wooly left the RPC. So you may have to contend with that. Either way I'll wait for you to finish the post before I have Zayne finish the class.
Just keeping you up to date, We're finishing this up, I wanna get this through with in One easy post.
Old August 20th, 2013 (11:46 AM). Edited August 20th, 2013 by mucus.
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):
Cynthia P. Gallente

Nickname (Optional):
Cynthia

Age (10-15):

Sex (Male or Female):
Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):
Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
OFten wears warpaint to intimidate her opponents!

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):
Typically a happy-go-lucky sort, Cynthia is eager to make friends and stay on peoples' good sides.
She's fiercely loyal to her friends and family, and is more than willing to fight against all odds for them.
Her devotion to friends and family can got a bit to far at times and, she'll get a bit overbearing or might seem mean spirited.
The loss of friends or family can also be devastating to her, especially her mental state.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?):
Born the only child of a rich merchant family, Cynthia has been afford the opportunity to travel the world and see many sights, even at a young age.
Her parents were frequently busy with business, so Cynthia entertained herself. The family had several of their own pokemon, including a Blissey who was Cynthia's closest friend.
Due to the fact they her family often traveled, Cynthia was unable to keep many friends in any place she'd happen to stay, but she would make friends quickly anyway.
On her 15th birthday, Cynthia was given the choice to become a pokemon trainer, after her parents received a letter from Prof. Oak. Eager for a chance to become a trainer, Cynthia jumped on the opportunity, and her parents supported (and continue to support) her fully.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species:
Blissey
Nickname(Optional):
Blissey
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Incredibly sweet and docile, Cynthia's Blissey is always willing to help anyone in need.
Lvl(Max 30):
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Wish
Protect
Sing
Focus Blast

Opening Post (Must be from the perspective of your character.):
"There it is!" I exclaim, looking over the bow of the boat. The Academy isn't visible yet, but I can see the island. It's so marvelous. I can't believe I'm actually here, actually doing this!
I turn around, a huge smile on my face, and look at Blissey. She's been standing behind me the whole time, probably to grab me in case I slip.
"Can you see it too?" She nods and chirps a bit. I know she's pretty excited too.
The two of us have been together as long as I can remember.
Oh, I can remember the first time we had an adventure. Boy, I was really young then, only five or six years old. . . We were in Lavendar Town, I think mom and dad were actually in Saffron City, but I really can't remember for sure . . .Anyway. Blissey and I were in Lavendar Town, we were just wandering around, and eventually we climbed into this abandoned tower.
I shoulda known better, but... So we go inside and instantly these chills fall over us!
I'm trying to be as quiet as I can, and Blissey is trying her best too.
Suddenly a Gengar appears out of NOWHERE and pounces on us. Blissey pushes me back and protects me. The ghost tries to attack her, but he just can't touch her!
It was amazing! His arms just went right through her.
I know she was trying to be brave in front of me, but I know she had to be terrified!
Eventually a trainer who was in the tower came to investigate the noise we were making, and she fought ghost, and ultimately caught it!
That trainer was soooooo amazing, it was like her Pokemon knew exactly what she was thinking, and she knew exactly what to do.
Ever since then I've wanted to be a trainer too.
And now.... After all these years... I finally get the chance!
I know I can take on anything with Blissey by my side!
I turn back to look at the island, and to my surprise we've already docked! It's just me and Blissey on the ship, she's just looking down at me and smiling.
I hug her, she hugs me back, and we head down the gangplank towards our new adventure . . .
Old August 22nd, 2013 (12:26 PM).
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Sorry for taking so long Mucus. Your Accepted :D

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old August 23rd, 2013 (06:09 AM).
mucus
Moémon Master

thanks.... I'm still trying to figure out a way to come in . . .
Old August 23rd, 2013 (05:52 PM). Edited September 25th, 2013 by Sonatron.
Sonatron
Face of Rubber

Nature: Quiet
This RP looks like so much fun! I'm new to this forum, but I hope I can join anyway!

Name: Amanda Moore

Nickname: Ammy

Age (10-15):

Sex: Female

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: (I have an image but I haven't made enough posts to post it yet)
Amanda is a girl of average height, with brown hair which she wears in a ponytail with some segments hanging down around her ears. Her favourite colour is blue, and she shows it in her clothing; she ties her hair up with a blue bandana, owns a variety of blue t-shirts and has a grey messenger bag with the image of a great ball printed on it which she carries everywhere. Shewears white trousers and black shoes with the blue attire.
The strap of her messenger bag bears some Pokéballs, two for her currently owned Pokémon and two spare, just in case.

Personality:

Amanda is a quiet, anti-social girl who prefers spending her time alone or with her Pokémon. She loves to study Pokémon, and prefers to draw them and write notes about their behaviour rather than catch or battle them. Once you get to know her, "Ammy" is kindly and caring, treating her few friends like family and protects them when necessary. She's quite clumsy, constantly dropping books and shattering glasses, some refer to her as "Unlucky Ammy". Despite her shy nature, Amanda is surprisingly brave, and is always willing to venture into new places... providing there aren't too many people there, of course.

History:

Amanda was born in Hoenn, but has lived in other regions because of the nature of her father's job. She grew up in Johto, and spent most of her time with her mother in the forest collecting berries. When she was 7 her family moved to Unova, Amanda missed her old home in Johto as they had moved to a city closer to her father's workplace. No nearby forest to play in, Ammy tried to make friends with the local children. Unfortunately, the children of the city had hard hearts towards her and bullied her because she was younger than them and quite weak. The family moved back to Hoenn when Amanda turned 12, at this age Ammy wanted to make herself tougher, she was sick of being pushed around by bullies. Amanda found out about Team Aqua, and became a junior member of the syndicate. Here she received her first Pokémon, a Zubat with a broken fang. she named him "Fang" in light of his tooth, and they became fast friends. Ammy and Fang ran with Team Aqua for a year, but left because she disagreed with their ideals and felt guilty about playing a part in their acts of terror. Her parents never found out about her involvement with Team Aqua, she keeps it a close secret which she has never yet shared. After leaving Team Aqua, Amanda took to roaming Hoenn in search of new Pokémon to study. On her travels, Amanda found a curious green and red egg on the road. She took it home, and arranged a nest for it keeping it incubated in her room. It eventually hatched a baby Treecko, which she called "Burdock". Her enthusiasm in the study of Pokémon was what got a letter sent to her one day by the Pokémon Trainer Academy, her parents had apparently enrolled her. Ecstatic, but also nervous, Amanda accepted the offer and set off for the island.

Pokémon:

Species: Zubat
Nickname: Fang
Personality: Fang is an energetic little Zubat with an adamant nature. He often finds himself in trouble, whether it's flying into vents, getting stuck in peoples hair, or just doing the opposite of what Amanda tells him to do. Although he is a troublemaker, Fang loves his trainer very much and is entirely loyal to her.
Lvl: 17
Moves: Wing Attack
Astonish
Bite
Supersonic
Leech Life
(-------)

Species: Treecko
Nickname: Burdock
Personality: Burdock is very timid, he only trusts Amanda, and will hide from anybody else. He's a little smaller than average for a Treecko of his age, but also a little bit faster (not in any way that would affect the way he fought, though). Burdock will learn to trust humans other than his trainer if he spends enough time with them. When he is with someone he trusts, he is very relaxed, loving to be cuddled or stroked.
Lvl: 7
Moves: Pound
Leer
Absorb
Magical Leaf
(-------)
(-------)

Opening Post:

I stood on the island shore, the sound of the sea and wind were still strange to me even after my journey here. Ahead of me, the shadowy image of the Pokémon Trainer Academy lay in silence, waiting for my approach patiently. I bit my lip, and clenched my fists.

"Alright Fang, we can't turn back now," I stood, frozen in my shoes. I suddenly realised that perhaps coming to such a remote island which was no doubt filled with other kids my age wasn't a good idea considering my past experiences with... making friends. I felt a nudge at my back, I looked over my shoulder and saw Fang flying behind me, giving me a cheeky smile.

I sighed. "Okay, alright, come on Fang." after much effort, I convinced my foot to move itself forward, and coaxed myself into a steady walk towards the school.

Burdock, my Treecko, rested on my shoulder and around my neck. When he noticed that we were moving towards the looming shadow of the PTA he started poking me with his three fingered paw.

"yeah, Burdock, I'm a little bit worried too." I couldn't see his face, but he made a frightened little squeak and hid behind my hair. I stopped walking and sat down, taking the green lizard into my arms. I looked him right in his eyes.

"Little buddy, we don't have a choice now. We're on an island and we can't go home. We have to go to the school." the Treecko covered his face, and Fang made a cry to him.

"Fang is perfectly fine with it, so he can protect us if we get bullied or anything..." I laughed, nervously. A human, a Zubat and a Treecko... and it was the Zubat who wasn't scared of going to meet people.

I usually loved exploring new places, but this was different. This wasn't a stoney mountain or a dense complex of trees, it was a building- several buildings containing dozens and dozens of people. I didn't really get along with people.

I had to go though. It wasn't just about getting this far, it was about overcoming my fears and learning to become the best I could be.

I picked Burdock back up, sat him on my shoulder, and after walking for a few minutes, I reached the school. My future.

Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old August 23rd, 2013 (05:57 PM).
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
Ran into RL, along with writer's block. Genvieve, feel free to bunny my character for a post or two if you'd like. You can already tell the direction this is going anyway.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old September 4th, 2013 (06:16 AM).
Rose Quartz
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
I think this is dying… no one has posted in the OOC for more than a week and Yellow seems to have dissapeared as she doesn't answer my Facebook messages either.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old September 4th, 2013 (06:54 AM).
gimmepie
The Lightning Rod of Hate
Community Supporter

Sorry guys, I think that I'm going to have to drop this RP.
I have tried but I can't think of anything to write, and even when I can I keep finding myself in situations with nothing to do.

Feel free to use Zayne as teacher still if you want to and the best of luck to you.
Old September 4th, 2013 (04:55 PM).
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
I think this is dying… no one has posted in the OOC for more than a week and Yellow seems to have dissapeared as she doesn't answer my Facebook messages either.
I think so too... And I'm kinda waiting for someone else to post before I make another post.
It sucks to see it die, it used to be so lively
Old September 5th, 2013 (09:33 PM).
Megaman765
Community Supporter

I don't want to see this RP die but I'm also running out of ideas... I still have some stuff to do with Mark but after that, I'm not sure... the RP has had some downtime before that lasted awhile and it later kicked back up from there. I kinda feel like I should try something, being a Co-GM and all but right now I don't know what. IF anybody here has some good ideas to help keep this RP alive, let me know. I'll do what I can.

Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old September 5th, 2013 (10:26 PM).
Rose Quartz
Hey hoo~

how about ending the day early and going to christmas?

or you could have the academy being attacked by rocket grunts, one would reveal that there are rocket spies in the school and tada~ watch as everyone suspects each other~
Sisters
Theme
Old September 5th, 2013 (11:21 PM).
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Either of those could work. I don't know what yellow had planned for the rest of the day but I'll see about it. Skipping right to christmas would definitely keep things rolling along but might interupt whatever anyone else had planned. Though seeing the inactivity I doubt much people would mind. I'll consider it. Keep throwing ideas over here :p

(In Box)
Old September 6th, 2013 (06:27 AM).
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
or you could have the academy being attacked by rocket grunts, one would reveal that there are rocket spies in the school and tada~ watch as everyone suspects each other~
And everybody loses their mind

Seriously, that one could work. It could bring chaos to the school, battles would increase. Then it could be up to some characters to find a way to calm everybody down and solve the problem.
Flashbacks of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy are going through my mind right now. Good times.
Old September 6th, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Megaman765
Community Supporter

You know what would be better? Make it a rumor that spreads like the plague. A rocket scheme. One rocket tells one person about the spies, then he tells a friend, then she tells a friend... it'd be a perfect way to distract the academy. I don't think the school would outright cause this. Gary's a smart dude :p

(In Box)
Old September 6th, 2013 (02:30 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@Megaman765: Y-You could always ask me over Skype! o3o I also totally planned to skip right to Christmas from the beginning.

...And why has that new app gone untouched for a week?! Dx Sonatron is like, sitting there wanting to join and--

@Sonatron: Looks good to me! You're approved! o3o; I believe there is a Snivy named Thyme owned by another RPer's character still in the RP~ ...Things would get very confusing if they ever met!
Old September 6th, 2013 (02:32 PM).
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Quote originally posted by Megaman765:
You know what would be better? Make it a rumor that spreads like the plague. A rocket scheme. One rocket tells one person about the spies, then he tells a friend, then she tells a friend... it'd be a perfect way to distract the academy. I don't think the school would outright cause this. Gary's a smart dude :p
I didn't say that someone from the school would cause chaos. Someone from the outside, it doesn't have to be from Team Rocket either.
Old September 6th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I also totally did get PinkSapphire's Facebook message, a couple of day's late. >>; Skype is always best though.

Sorry about my absence and all. I've been... being very neurotic lately. Real issues, if you know what I mean. I'll be talking to Megaman to spice things up. At the very least, I can feed him ideas.
Old September 6th, 2013 (05:08 PM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Nideous is currently going through some stuff at the moment, so he may not be back for a while, if at all.

EDIT: If there was a rumor about Team Rocket it would be hilarious that once it died down Team Rocket would actually show up and the whole academy would be like: You guys are late.

Old September 6th, 2013 (05:13 PM).
SylveonStar
Sylveon

There's not much I can do since I was the last one to post
Old September 6th, 2013 (11:04 PM).
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Right now we're thinking of skipping right to Christmas. But don't worry! Team Rocket will certainly be involved if we do Kehehe...

(In Box)
Old September 7th, 2013 (01:50 AM).
Rose Quartz
Hey hoo~

So… skipping to Christmas we are? I can't wait~
Sisters
Theme
Quick Reply