Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old October 9th, 2013 (04:26 AM). Edited October 9th, 2013 by Veevee.
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Brave
I improved my OLD SU with a new name, history and team, if that's okay.

Name: Lucas Soares

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicine Dorm

Appearence: Lucas has short brown hair, brown eyes, blue glasses,and is about 5½ feet tall. He normally has some sort of Pokemon with him, wears clean but average-priced clothes, and a gold watch on his wrist. His shirts are normally blue or green with Eeveeloution designs on them, majority being Glaceon and Leafeon. He wears sea-green pants most of the time, and he has green and black shoes.

Personality: Andrew is a kind, cheerful boy who loves playing with his Pokemon. Pokemon get along with him so well, that he always has one by his side. He likes naming Pokemon after something related to their types. Andrew is incredibly good at making friends, and he is really popular. He loves Eeveeloutions, but he wants to work with all types after his crazy adventures (See: History). He received a gold watch from has late grandfather that he protects with his life. He does have a few enimies, and sometimes his friend Jackson doesn't understand his sense of humor, but everybody else does. He makes alot of jokes, and most people see him as a very humorous person. He normally knows when to be serious, but not always.

History: Lucas grew up in the Lona region with his older sister Ashley and his best friend Lucas. When he was 4, he received Chill and Leaf as pets from his grandpa. The two were actually brother and sister, which he did not learn until a few years later, but let's just stick to when he was four for now. That was also the year that her 10-year old (at the moment) sister Ashley started her Pokémon journey with Shadow, her Poochyenna. There was a long debate about if she could take Chill and Leaf, but in the end, she wasn't allowed to, so Lucas had more time to bond with them.

Ashley wasn't seen at home for two years, and a lot of things happened. Four months after Lucas's fifth birthday, his grandfather passed away, leaving Lucas a gold watch. It was of incredible value, and that Lucas shouldn't touch it until he's ten, old enough to understand how fragile and valuable it is, but he still got a hold of it a couple of times. He was always caught, though.

Ashley returned home in March, with 8 Badges. She was staying with them until the League started, six months from then.

Just before she was about to start packing, the news was ent out that the League would be held back 2 months, So she stuck around for Lucas's birthday. As a present, she gave him a Charmander Egg. The egg hatched about two months later, and Lucas named him Blaze.

The next three years were pretty uneventful, except for Ashley coming in 7th out of 32nd for the League. This was a huge celebration for the family, seeing that see was the seventh best trainer in the region.

When he turned 10, he decided to put off his Pokémon journey for a few years because he thought he wasn't ready.

At age 12, he started researching Trainer Schools to get the final push he needed. He found the Pokémon Trainer Academy, and decided to try that.

Lucas signed up for the academy in hopes of learning as much as possible to, and he was accepted into the Suicine Dorm.

Pokemon:
1: Leafeon
Nickname: Leaf
Personality: He loves to cuddle up with Chill. Overconfident about battles and never lets Chill quit. Slightly more intelligent than the rest of his species.
Level: 27
Moves:
-Razor Leaf
-GrassWhistle
-Quick Attack
-Tackle
-Double Team
-Sunny Day

2. Glaceon
Nickname: Chill
Personality: Sometimes mistakes Leaf for a different Leafeon and attacks him.
Level: 26
Moves:
-Ice Fang
-Sand-Attack
-Ice Shard
-Bite
-Hail
-Rest

3. Charmander
Nickname: Blaze
Personality: He thinks Leaf and Chill are scared of him because he has a type advantage on both of them. Very full of himself.
Level: 4
Moves:
-Scratch
-Growl
-Bite
-Metal Claw
-
-

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets
Vincent Havanikoe in Magical Aura Gijinka Saviors
Logan Rachelle (pending) in Awakening

Proud lover of Eevees
Old October 10th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@Burg: Bah. Sorry about the wait. I don't normally snipe applications the moment they're submitted. Regardless, you're good to go now.

@GoldenRayquaza: Hmm... Do you think you could quickly explain which region Lucas and more importantly his sister are from? Just like... add that in as a little sentence somewhere? Seems like it would be important to know which league his sister challenged. You can consider yourself approved regardless, though.
Old October 10th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
Under my Rock

Nature: Impish
Quote:
@Burg: Bah. Sorry about the wait. I don't normally snipe applications the moment they're submitted. Regardless, you're good to go now.
It's Kay, It gave me time to add a bit more to the personality.

I got a few questions though. IC what day is it as well as the general time? The OP says boats travel to this island sever times a day, Is it safe to assume they Travel to the town nearby? And I'm a bit confused on how battles would work.
Old October 10th, 2013 (11:30 AM). Edited October 10th, 2013 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

@Burg: Why, it's Christmas Day!

Regarding the boat, Oak Town is technically landlocked, so no the boat(s) does not travel directly to the town. They actually dock at the academy itself, which was built before Oak Town. There is a pier bordering the coastline very close to the academy where boats dock. Oak Town however is not that far away from the academy.

Battles work differently depending on whether you're just battling an NPC or whether there are other RPers involved. If no other RPers are involved you can feel free to just write the battle however you want, even concluding it in just one post. You're given plenty of freedom there and the leveling rewards are simple enough. Generally speaking, your pokemon gain 2 levels for each pokemon they're directly involved in fighting. (You're free to deny your pokemon levels if you think your trainer has grown a bit too powerful for your liking. That's what I do after all this time.)

If there are other RPers involved you are expected to improvise some turn based battling or privately come to an OOC agreement on alternative ways of handling it. You're given a lot of freedom here in leiu of more structured battle systems.
Old October 10th, 2013 (04:44 PM).
Not just an Eevee

Quote originally posted by GoldenRayquaza:
History: Lucas grew up in the Lona region with his older sister Ashley and his best friend Lucas.
I think you skipped over this sentance. Lona is a very, very mountainous region that I just randomly came up with when I made the SU.

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets

Proud lover of Eevees
Old October 10th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Crystal Tier

@GoldenRayquaza: Is that a reference to a past RP or something..? Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and not call anyone out on custom regions so long as it's done with respect to the rules...
Old October 11th, 2013 (03:36 AM).
Not just an Eevee

Nope, no references. Completely original.

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets

Proud lover of Eevees
Old October 11th, 2013 (09:41 AM).
Under my Rock

Alright, Thanks for the answers, Gonna try to get out at least an opening post before a certain something comes around tomorrow and consumes all my attention.
Old October 12th, 2013 (12:41 AM).
Crystal Tier

Right! All non-legendary X and Y pokemon are up for grabs. Please note that mega pokemon are not true pokemon, and are rather like alternate forms that are entirely temporary in nature. (So... you would never find a mega evolution in the wild. I'll be researching how rare Mega Stones are to see whether it's plausible for students to utilize them at the academy. Either way, you'll probably be seeing some such shenanigans at some point or another.)
Old October 14th, 2013 (04:55 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Awesome I want Vanille to have a Sylveon and an Amaura.
Old October 15th, 2013 (09:34 PM).
Crystal Tier

I will be updating the wild pokemon list with new sprites soon enough. I just need time to... make that work. >>; In other news, the new games are amazing. I understand if you're all too busy enjoying them. ;P
Old October 15th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
It's too bad Mark dosn't have any Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving. I'd totally try to work one in for him. But I'm sure he'll do without one for the time being.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old October 16th, 2013 (03:06 AM).
Crystal Tier

@Megaman765: All I can see in Valorie's future is Charmeleon 2: Electric IsNoLongerSuperEffective
Old October 16th, 2013 (03:19 AM).
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
*sigh* If only Snorlax had a mega evolution. (The earth would quake with fear) I'll have to settle with Charizard (X of course) and Scizor. But a question, how would one obtain mega stones?

Another, how should I evolve Scizor?

And I'll have my post up when I return home from school.
Old October 16th, 2013 (02:50 PM).
Under my Rock

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
I will be updating the wild pokemon list with new sprites soon enough. I just need time to... make that work. >>; In other news, the new games are amazing. I understand if you're all too busy enjoying them. ;P
Maybe a bit
Btw, If you're gonna use the EXP share but still want a challenge, Either A: Don't fight all the trainers Or B: Don't catch everything you see.
I was Overleveled throughout most of the game >_<
Old October 16th, 2013 (10:32 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Heretostay: I can't answer that question, as I've only just beaten the 2nd gym. I can say that Mega Stones -will- be available in this RP though. I've observed enough to determine they are not impossibly rare. I will have to progress further to determine how exactly one gets them.

@Burg: Mmm... I'm the kind of person who battles every single trainer just to see what they have to say. I recall a hiker in X and Y that mentions Colress studying Kalos apparently and another person that mentions Kalos and Unova are connected. I want to say this might seem to suggest X and Y take place after BW2.
Old October 16th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
Under my Rock

Quote:
@Burg: Mmm... I'm the kind of person who battles every single trainer just to see what they have to say. I recall a hiker in X and Y that mentions Colress studying Kalos apparently and another person that mentions Kalos and Unova are connected. I want to say this might seem to suggest X and Y take place after BW2.
Yeah, I've gotten that impression also, Colress is Referenced several times. Unless I'm completly Blind, I'm surprised he didnt make an appearance.

Quote:
If only Snorlax had a mega evolution. (The earth would quake with fear)
I dont think that Quaking is from fear
Old October 17th, 2013 (06:32 AM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
You get a mega stone after battling the third gym from the mega evolution guru but in the game there are only three trainers other than yourself that can use mega evolution.
Old October 18th, 2013 (12:46 AM). Edited October 18th, 2013 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

I just updated PTA's Wild Pokemon list on the front page with all of the non-legendary non-starter X and Y pokemon.

Valorie just slew a dragon. What are your characters getting done this Christmas day? ;P

EDIT: On that note. Valorie will finally be made available for interaction by my next post. I know some of you haven't been around long enough to see me RP, but I've been posting more for the people that wanted to know what she was up to~ But it's no fun when it's just me writing with myself! ...And I've conveniently found myself with a lot of free time and a bit of extra muse out of X and Y. Let's see if I can't get posting on a daily basis. >=P
Old October 18th, 2013 (07:49 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Nice nice. Well, I'm sure Lucia would be more than glad to ignore Val once she comes back, she did after all break Mark's heart.
Old October 18th, 2013 (03:34 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Greiger: Bahaha, really?! That's just awful.
Old October 18th, 2013 (05:46 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Of course! And yes it is awful. :3
Old October 19th, 2013 (02:42 AM).
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Crystal Tier

Okay ... where to start? First of all I would like to issue a massive apology to the people that were affected because of my sudden departure. Truthfully the reason I left was because I had repeat exams to do in August, and I pretty much left the studying to the last minute as per usual with me. I really had no other choice but to drop out without much notice. I didn't tell this to anyway as I didn't want anyone to think less of me because I failed a few exams. I also didn't finish the interaction with my fellow RP's and I feel terrible about it. The good news is I've decided to come back to PC after a small hiatus, of course the problem now is that I have no idea what's going on in the RP. So in closing this post isn't a post to glorify my return, this post is made to apologise and give some insight to the people that I was currently interacting with.

Again, I want to apologise once more to the people I annoyed with my departure.
Also, I'm not trying to use this post as a back-door way to rejoining this RP, the GM's can decide if they want to take me back.

Thanks,
Conor.
Old October 19th, 2013 (02:53 AM).
Crystal Tier

@WooliestSteam1: Of course you can come back! You shouldn't need to resubmit your SU or anything, unless you really want to. While you're encouraged to let people know what's going on so you don't leave them hanging, we have a rather open door policy and people being unallowed to come back is virtually unheard of.
Old October 19th, 2013 (03:09 AM).
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Crystal Tier

That's awesome Yellow! Thank you so much. Uhh I think I'll go read some of my older posts and check my Pokemon in the Etherpad so I can get an idea of where I'm at with everything and then it's the task of trying to continue on from the place where I left of.

Again thanks very much and me leaving won't happen again.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links