Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 20th, 2011 (07:07 AM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
You don't have time to get up and go to the mountains without missing class. |D

Regardless, yes HunterZero. Bassiroth plays N here. N is no longer wanted by the authorities, but other than that I think I should let Bassiroth himself explain.

I never said they weren't going to miss class, just that they didn't want to. Ciel got lost and Quin followed some other students... And got lost. XD

Regardless... I need to update my teams...

Brian:

Nova: Level 24. Moves: Bite, Ember, Flame Wheel, Leer, Odor Slueth, Roar.

Nova gained a level for beating up that Vulpix that was in his old home. He didn't gain any new moves.

Quincy:

He kidnapped caught a new pokemon. Here she is:

Ezar (Sandshrew): Level 15. Moves: Scratch, Poison Sting, Rapid Spin, Swift, Sand Attack, Defense Curl.

XD Hope that helps.

Edit: Hey Selena, did you still want Brian and Brogan to meet in Normal Type Specialization?

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old November 20th, 2011 (07:21 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Please update your team all at once. |D I need this process to not be complex.
Old November 20th, 2011 (07:31 AM). Edited November 20th, 2011 by cutiecasie.
The Kanto girl with attitude!

Nature: Jolly
Hi! here's Maya's new team member after my latest post.

Name: Pidove
Nickname: Sky-Chan
Level: 14
Personality: To be explored in later posts but now she's loyal to Maya after she nursed Sky-Chan to health.
Moves: Quick Attack, Gust, Protect, Aerial Ace (learns 2 more during progression of story)

Also Sakura-Chan's level has gone up accordling to battle she had. (+2 for Simipour +1 for fainting)

Growlie-Chan (Growlithe) Lv16
Toto-Chan (Totodile) Lv16
Sakura-Chan (Ralts) lv18
Sky-Chan (Pidove) lv14
Old November 20th, 2011 (08:05 AM). Edited November 20th, 2011 by Aura Rift.
Mantle of flame

Nature: Docile
Team update, Xavier got a new poke

Name: Joltik
Nickname: Fuzzball
Moves: Electroweb, Leech Life, Thunder wave, Disable (Obtained through breeding)

Yes I really am so awkward I got the least likely answer on this test. A teddy bear pokemon I guess on the plus side... I'm cuter than everyone else *smugface*
Old November 20th, 2011 (08:05 AM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Ok, I can do that. I'll post there whole teams, but not much has changed.

Quin

Zemda (Lapras): level 23: Dragon Pulse, Signal Beam, Surf, Icy Wind, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse.

Arcino (Grovyle): level 28: Absorb, Brick Break, Crunch, Aerial Ace, Synthesis, Energy Ball

Logana (Venonat): level 21: Consusion, Supersonic, Poison Powder, Sludge Bomb, Flash, String Shot.

Ezar (Sandshrew): Level 15. Moves: Scratch, Poison Sting, Rapid Spin, Swift, Sand Attack, Defense Curl

Brian

Thyme (Snivy): Level 25. Moves, Vine Whip, Leaf Tornado, Secret Power, Leech Seed, Growth, Attract

Duster (Minccino): Level 23. Moves, Double Slap, Thundershock, Swift, Sing, Tickle, Helping Hand

Drizzle (Buisel): level 27. Moves, Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Pursuit, Swift, Quick Attack, Sonic Boom

Nova (Growlithe): Level 24. Moves, Ember, Bite, Flame Wheel, Leer, Roar, Odor Slueth

Frost (Sneasel): Level 20. Moves, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Screech, Faint Attack

Bouncy (Igglybuff): Level 7. Moves, Sing, Faint Attack, Charm, Defense Curl

Leena (Misdreavus): Level 20. Moves, Astonish, Psywave, Spite, Growl, Confuse Ray, Mean Look.

Sprinkles (Eevee): Level 5. Moves, Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Detect, Hidden Power (Dragon), Shadow Ball

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old November 20th, 2011 (09:52 AM). Edited November 20th, 2011 by OmegaPinkMan.
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
One question, how do all those Pokémon that evolve via trades with items, like Slowpoke and Onix, evolve in this RP? DO they have to be holding an item when they reach level 40?
Old November 20th, 2011 (10:28 AM).
Crystal Tier

There is a rule regarding trade evolutions. They evolve at level 40 and if they need to be holding an item they still need to be holding it.

(Pokemon with a second trade evolution like Porygon have their first at 20.)
Old November 20th, 2011 (10:33 AM).

Hi guys, I have an idea for a pseudo-rival for Maya bu not sure if it's any good so i'm gonna put it here and see what you think. His name is Marco, he's a music enthusiast(his pokemon reflect that) very cheery and gleeful but a bit camp.
His pokemon are as follows:
Kricketune(main pokemon) nickname: Melody
Loudred nickname: Harmony
Chatot nickname: Tempo

Sakura-Chan (Ralts) lv18
Sky-Chan (Pidove) lv14
Old November 20th, 2011 (11:09 AM).
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by cutiecasie:
Hi guys, I have an idea for a pseudo-rival for Maya bu not sure if it's any good so i'm gonna put it here and see what you think. His name is Marco, he's a music enthusiast(his pokemon reflect that) very cheery and gleeful but a bit camp.
His pokemon are as follows:
Kricketune(main pokemon) nickname: Melody
Loudred nickname: Harmony
Chatot nickname: Tempo
Well maybe you could do and SU for him? You are allowed to have one more student.
Old November 20th, 2011 (04:39 PM).
The RPing Challenger!

Nature: Timid
an update huh? ok I'll just put the differences.

Gen did not change at all.

Ven had a change though:
Falco gained a level so he is now level 21
Veera also gained a level to level 21
A new team member, Endure the Makuhita!
Moves: Arm Thrust, Bulk Up, Close Combat, Bullet Punch, Detect and Foresight
his level is 14

Pokemon Trainer Academy as Gen Valdrauth Esis
Old November 20th, 2011 (05:40 PM).
Yes, I'm that One Guy

Nature: Hardy
A new update to Dante's team:

Name: Rufflet
Lvl 25
Moves: Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Wing Attack, Fury Attack, Peck, Work Up

Name: Combusken
Lvl 21
Moves: Peck, Double Kick, Ember, Focus Energy, Sand Attack, Scratch

Name: Elekid
Lvl 17
Moves: Quick Attack, Swift, Thunder Shock, Low Kick, Ice Punch, Brick Break

Name: Aron
Lvl 17
Moves: Tackle, Harden, Mud-Slap, Headbutt, Metal Claw

Aron went up two levels by fighting a wild Beedrill.
The rest of the team unchanged.
Old November 20th, 2011 (06:50 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

sry for not posting muhc. I think im coming down with somethign. I passed out randomly at 6:00 today.
Old November 20th, 2011 (07:39 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by pokepokemo:
an update huh? ok I'll just put the differences.
Noooo. Everyone needs to stop doing this. This makes my job so tedious. Seriously. Stop. Post the entire thing, differences or not.
Old November 20th, 2011 (08:08 PM).
Yes, I'm that One Guy

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:

Noooo. Everyone needs to stop doing this. This makes my job so tedious. Seriously. Stop. Post the entire thing, differences or not.
Oops, sorry about those update. Well, on my part at least.
Old November 20th, 2011 (08:32 PM). Edited November 20th, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

Yours was a full update, Gold19. No problem. c:

Also, Adder_Panda is approved.
Old November 21st, 2011 (02:28 PM).
Who says you're not perfect?
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
Hey guys!!

Okay...so just something that's been bugging me a little recently that I feel I have to express my opinion on for the good of the RP. I understand that I am not the GM of this RP, and so my opinion counts about as much as trying to pay for Louboutin heels with peanut shells but instead of just irritating myself by thinking about this I figured I might aswell get a discussion started about this issue.

Evasion in battle.

Obviously we aren't in a competitive RP as such, and as an RP collective we are generally very good with the whole 'Do-Not-GodMod-And-Bunny-During-Battle-By-Having-Your-Pokemon-Dodge-Attacks-Ridiculously' thing, but I do think that it is something we should all remind ourselves about every now and again.

'Dodge' and 'Avoid' are not moves. A Pokemon's Speed has no bearing on their ability to evade Special Attacks (Physical Attacks, admittedly, there is more scope for dodging these should one have a particularly speedy Pokemon, but even then it should be sparing) The whole POINT of attacks in the Pokemon universe is that they are notoriously DIFFICULT to dodge!!! - how do I know this? Learned the hard way by making these mistakes myself previously and learning from them. I'd like to think that I don't do this too much anymore, but everyone slips up.

I just feel that having a Pokemon 'Dodge' an attack, particularly a Special Attack sets a really dangerous precedent. As in 'Oh, his <insert Pokemon here> dodged this <insert Special Attack here> in that last battle, so mine can as well.' Nuh-uh. I don't think that is how it should happen personally, but unless we keep tabs on ourselves this is what battles will boil down to.

And, to finish, I would like to quote a rule enforced by our wonderful GMs, Yellow and Megaman, to show that not only is this a bug-bear of mine, but it is also against the rules of the RP:
Quote:
Attacks have 100% accuracy by default in the games for a reason. Simply dodging without proper justification (Just being that good or being lucky is not proper justification. Speed is also not evasion under any circumstance, though simply keeping far out of reach of /physical close range/ attacks is viable.) is godmodding and bunnying combined, as it implied the opponent's pokemon is completely incompetent at aiming. If you want to dodge, take a dive and make one of your 6 entire move slots an evasion move. |D
Like I said - I'm not a GM, and maybe I'm seeming a little busy-bodyish saying this, but I just felt that I had to say it. FOR THE GREATER GOOD. :3
Old November 21st, 2011 (03:13 PM).

Quote originally posted by SelenaStar:
Hey guys!!

Okay...so just something that's been bugging me a little recently that I feel I have to express my opinion on for the good of the RP. I understand that I am not the GM of this RP, and so my opinion counts about as much as trying to pay for Louboutin heels with peanut shells but instead of just irritating myself by thinking about this I figured I might aswell get a discussion started about this issue.

Evasion in battle.

Obviously we aren't in a competitive RP as such, and as an RP collective we are generally very good with the whole 'Do-Not-GodMod-And-Bunny-During-Battle-By-Having-Your-Pokemon-Dodge-Attacks-Ridiculously' thing, but I do think that it is something we should all remind ourselves about every now and again.

'Dodge' and 'Avoid' are not moves. A Pokemon's Speed has no bearing on their ability to evade Special Attacks (Physical Attacks, admittedly, there is more scope for dodging these should one have a particularly speedy Pokemon, but even then it should be sparing) The whole POINT of attacks in the Pokemon universe is that they are notoriously DIFFICULT to dodge!!! - how do I know this? Learned the hard way by making these mistakes myself previously and learning from them. I'd like to think that I don't do this too much anymore, but everyone slips up.

I just feel that having a Pokemon 'Dodge' an attack, particularly a Special Attack sets a really dangerous precedent. As in 'Oh, his <insert Pokemon here> dodged this <insert Special Attack here> in that last battle, so mine can as well.' Nuh-uh. I don't think that is how it should happen personally, but unless we keep tabs on ourselves this is what battles will boil down to.

And, to finish, I would like to quote a rule enforced by our wonderful GMs, Yellow and Megaman, to show that not only is this a bug-bear of mine, but it is also against the rules of the RP:

Like I said - I'm not a GM, and maybe I'm seeming a little busy-bodyish saying this, but I just felt that I had to say it. FOR THE GREATER GOOD. :3
o.o

. . . I kinda was a little aware of that rule. . . but after posting that huge training post thing, I hope I managed to give a bit of justifications with some of the dodges I had my pokemon do >.>;;;

So. . . Unless Mega or Yellow sees some problem with the huge post I just did in regards to Takumi and training his pokemon. . . And if I understand the leveling up system right. . . I think this might be how Takumi's team should be right now.

Species: Charmeleon
Lv: 25
(started on lv 20 when I entered the RP, fought against 3 different wild beedrills, one in a one on one fight and two in a two on one fight. . . so that's 1 level for each wild beedrill if I'm interpretting it correctly. Then there was a NPC trainer battle against a Pansage so that's. . . 2 Levels unless I'm wrong. All 4 of these pokemon fainted so. . . 20+1+1+1+2=25. That last battle against the Deino. . . Since they captured the Deino I don't believe that allows him to gain any experience, kinda like how the games work and all. If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me)
Moves:
Flame Burst, Dragon Rage, Fire Fang, Toxic, Dragon Claw, Smoke Screen

Species: Lucario
Lv: 20
Moves:
Bone Rush, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Rock Smash, Metal Claw, Force Palm

Species: Metang
Lv: 20
Moves:
Takedown, Magnet Rise, Metal Claw, Confusion, Shadow Ball, Toxic

Species: Deino
Lv: 15
(Wild Pokemon can only be caught at Level 15 right? And just because he fought charmeleon doesn't let him gain any experience in levels since he was a wild pokemon being captured at the time)
Moves:
Tackle, Dragon Breath, Bite, Dragon Rage, Crunch, Double Team

And on a side note, I'm a little surprised that explanation was Post number 666 in the OOC Thread Sel. But yeah I understand the point you're trying to make, and I've sorta seen that kinda thing happen before too in at least a few of my other RP's.
Old November 21st, 2011 (03:22 PM).
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys!!

Evasion in battle.

Wow, I read this and now I feel bad... I don't think that I've done something like this, (and just for saying that, its probably going to turn out that I did do one of these things xD) regardless, if I've done this before, I'll will not do it in the future.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (12:02 AM).
Who says you're not perfect?
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
Nooo guys, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular!! I actually was talking about a different RP myself, and mainly because I've done this on numerous occasions too! I just wanted to express my opinion. As I said, this RP is generally good with the whole dodging thing!
Old November 22nd, 2011 (03:36 AM).
Arrest this man

I'm sorry guys, but I think I'll have to drop out of this RP. :/ I haven't posted in quite some time, and this is going insanely fast. Rl is troubling me quite a lot right now, soooo... I'm quitting. I love this RP, but sorry. :/ Hopefully, I'll join it again in the future (for thr third time xDD) but for now, see ya guys later. :D
Old November 22nd, 2011 (08:55 AM).
Crystal Tier

@The Dodging Conversation: Aye. I'll be releasing a guide that will discuss things like that at some point. It's like, 80-90% done.

@DeepImpact: Aw. That's unfortunate. Mayber later then. =<
Old November 22nd, 2011 (09:03 AM).

hii my next post will either be tomorrow or thursday as im waiting for a xbox game to come in the post so yea basic plot outline thought of though!

Sakura-Chan (Ralts) lv18
Sky-Chan (Pidove) lv14
Old November 22nd, 2011 (10:16 AM).

Nooo guys, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular!! I actually was talking about a different RP myself, and mainly because I've done this on numerous occasions too! I just wanted to express my opinion. As I said, this RP is generally good with the whole dodging thing!
Oooooh. . .

Still though. . . I really hope the post I did was still okay >>;

@DeepImpact: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

@PKMNTrainerYellow: . . . Really? o.o
Old November 22nd, 2011 (10:31 AM).
Crystal Tier

@Bassiroth: Yup. It'll be big, long, and full of fancy BBcode to make it easy to navigate and read.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (11:47 AM).
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Another question. As you can see Jimmy passed out in class. Should I play an NPC that tells teh teacher and then helps him leave the battlefield or should I make him regain consciousness in the emergency room?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)