< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting Pokémon  The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old November 22nd, 2011 (12:01 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Bassiroth: Yup. It'll be big, long, and full of fancy BBcode to make it easy to navigate and read.
Oh Cool o.o

I guess I'll be looking forward to that lD

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 22nd, 2011 (1:56 PM).
Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!

Nature: Naughty
Is it possible to join this still??

I'd like to make a student, or a teacher if you'd prefer; please let me know.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (3:22 PM).
The RPing Challenger!

Nature: Timid
Really? Ok then Sorry. Here's a full one

Gen's team:
Hyper
Level 19 Elekid (Male)
Moves: Thunderpunch, Cross Chop, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Rain Dance, Electro Ball
He gained 3 levels after fighting and fainting against Blaine's pokemon, No moves gained.
Darrumel
Level 21 Dewott (Male)
Moves: Hydro Pump, Dig, Water Pledge, Detect, Razor Shell, Trump Card
Gained 3 levels fighting and fainting against Blaine's pokemon. NO moves gained.
CupCream
Level 22 Vanillite (Female)
Moves: Flash Cannon, Avalanche, Blizzard, Double Team, Icicle Spear
She gained a level from training.
Shock
Level 20 Joltik (Male)
Moves: Electroweb, Wild Charge, X-Scissors, Cross Poison and Fury Cutters
He gained a level from training

Ven's Pokemon:

Endure
Level 14
Moves: Arm Thrust, Bullet Punch, Close Combat, Foresight and Detect
New addition from the caves, yay!

Falco
Level 21
Moves: Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, Dragon Tail, Ice Fang, Thrash and Giga Impact
Gained a level fighting Throh

Veera
Level 21
Moves: Water Pulse, Attract, Brine, Rain Dance, Dragon Pulse and Recover
Gained a level fighting Sawk

Zemrath
Level 16
Moves: Psycho Cut, Slash, Metal Claw, Hone Claws, Rock Polish and Shadow Claw

Done, that's all
Also another Question, what if somebody wanted to trade? Would it be with a student?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk ¬_¬ View Post
Is it possible to join this still??

I'd like to make a student, or a teacher if you'd prefer; please let me know.
Look in the first post, if there's an open staff or student area, you should be able to join.
RPs I'm in

Pokemon Trainer Academy as Gen Valdrauth Esis
Old November 22nd, 2011 (3:38 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Yahoo to LawOfTheLand
Having a decent background in competitive text-fighting, I'm going to have to drop a nuke on what several people have mentioned.

Dodging is an integral part of battles that don't adhere 100% to the hard numbers of the source material. (Heck, until BW, Tackle was 35 power, 95 accuracy.) High Speed can mean one of two things: Either good response time and reflexes (going first), or simply the ability to go fast in a straight line (priority attacks), and which interpretation should be used depends on the context. Changing direction or speed is at least as much a function of physical strength as coordination, though.

But yeah, while there should be some minor wiggle room for evading physical attacks, especially in more freeform writing, if you really want to be a dodgy so-and-so, invest the time and effort necessary to teach Protect or Detect or simply find some cover and duck behind it. In the recent instance of Sludge Wave in the Dead Forest, for example, all one had to do was put a tree between it and Swalot, or at the very least one of their teammates. Note that this is not a universal fix: Depending on how the move operates, the nature of the cover might have to differ. The aforementioned tactic might work against sludge-based poison attacks (but not gas) and most water-based moves, but they'll be useless against something like Thunder, which strikes from above.

(not dead yet)
Old November 22nd, 2011 (5:47 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@Drunk: Yup! Plenty of spots available.

@LawOfTheLand: Loldodging is not an effective strategy in the games and it isn't an effective strategy in reality. The military does not teach dodging.

Oh... And your reaction time can only be trained to a degree. Humans can get as low as .2-.3 seconds if I recall correctly. Which is kind of a long time when you've got projectiles flying at you at high speeds or are being punched in the face.

Also, I should clarify that hiding behind cover or using protect is not dodging. It's blocking, same as carrying a shield around. The fact remains that dodging without justification is in fact god modding.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (6:55 PM).

Quote:
@Drunk: Yup! Plenty of spots available.

@LawOfTheLand: Loldodging is not an effective strategy in the games and it isn't an effective strategy in reality. The military does not teach dodging.

Oh... And your reaction time can only be trained to a degree. Humans can get as low as .2-.3 seconds if I recall correctly. Which is kind of a long time when you've got projectiles flying at you at high speeds or are being punched in the face.

Also, I should clarify that hiding behind cover or using protect is not dodging. It's blocking, same as carrying a shield around. The fact remains that dodging without justification is in fact god modding.
o.o . . .

So then . . .

Here's something I'm curious about.

An attack hitting a limb being used for blocking and an attack hitting something like torso and head.

Critical hits would be more like vital points on a creature's body, and normal hits would be if they hit something like an arm or a tail being used for blocking or. . . just some other spot that really wouldn't hurt so bad if it was hit.

I know it seems like a dumb question but I've only pokemon battled inside the games so. . . yeah I'm more or less trying to get a better sense of how some game stuff(like terms or mechanics or moves) would work in the RP instead of the game and all.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (7:31 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Bassiroth: You're thinking too far into it~ Keep it simple.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (7:39 PM). Edited November 24th, 2011 by drunk ¬_¬.
Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!

Finishing the Pokémon section took me DAYS.

Anyways, I suppose here you guys go; a Weather Professor! (I might still make a student, only later)

Spoiler:
Name: Dr. Steven Kelvin

Nickname (Optional): Dr. Kelvin, Dr. K (students), Steve (close peers)

Job: Atmospheric Sciences and In-Battle Weather Effects

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Dr. Kelvin is well known as one of the more demanding teachers in the Pokémon Trainer Academy. He is a very serious man, sincerely in love with his field of study and he can be very prickly and get mad when he it is ridiculed. Despite his reputation as a hard ass, however, he can become very attached to the students he feels are sincerely interested in his lectures, and he is prone to letting a mistake or two slide in his tests. However, Steve has been going through some issues lately, as it appears that he is developing Alzheimer's, and students have begun to note his weird behavior, although he keeps his condition a secret from the school.
History:
Steven Kelvin was born in Vermilion City, Kanto. As a teenager, Steve (as he was known back then), was a pretty noteworthy Pokémon trainer. From childhood, he had always been interested in finding ways for his Pokémon to get stronger, and as he himself became a stronger trainer, he began to unravel the mysteries of the effects of weather conditions in battle. He learned to use different Pokémon teams depending on the weather of the day, and later to predict weather based on atmospheric conditions. As a young adult of twenty years, Steve reached his ultimate goal of winning the Indigo Plateau after his Venusaur inexplicably used a Solar Beam without charging up, bringing down his opponent's Lapras.

After winning the championship, however, he met the love of his life and retired from Pokémon training and battling, becoming a leading authority in the study of atmospheric sciences, and helping establish Weather Institutes throughout the Pokémon world. Unfortunately, his engrossment in his own research led to a swift divorce that Dr. Kelvin has never truly gotten over, and to his apparently-devoid-of-happiness way of being.
Pokémon:

Species: Castform
Nickname: Weatherman
Personality: Quiet nature, received from researcher in Hoenn's Weather Institute. Weatherman can be very shy and absent-minded around people, but he becomes very bold when Dr. Kelvin gets serious.
Lvl: 50
Ability: Forecast
Moveset: Hydro Pump | Thunder | Fire Blast | SolarBeam | Blizzard | Protect

Species: Vulpix
Nickname: Lady
Personality: Sassy nature, bred by Dr. Kelvin. Lady loves frolicking around on warm days or when it snows, although she can turn quite miserable on rainy days and tends to howl until it stops.
Lvl: 37
Ability: Drought
Moveset: Roar | Will-O-Wisp | Safeguard | Confuse Ray | Quick Attack | Flamethrower

Species: Politoed
Nickname: Kermit
Personality: Naughty nature, one of Dr. K's original Pokémon. Kermit is a certified prankster. He loves getting people wet (especially girls), and Dr. K has to keep him away from class usually. His preferred target is Weatherman, and he tends to be quite protective of Lady.
Lvl: 44
Ability:
Moveset: Hypnosis | Perish Song | Giga Impact | Surf | Waterfall | Dive

Species: Hippopotas
Nickname: Pippo
Personality: Relaxed nature, caught recently during one of Dr. K's research trips. Pippo is slow and gluttonous, and Dr. K tends to joke that he should be called 'Snorlax', especially since he only acts 'overjoyed' when he gets food.
Lvl: 37
Ability: Sand Stream
Moveset: Sand Attack | Yawn | Take Down | Strength | Rest | Earthquake

Species: Snover
Nickname: Icee
Personality: Quirky nature, caught recently during one of Dr. K's research trips. Icee is usually very absent-minded (like Weatherman), but he is also very jumpy and skittish, and seems to be scared of the world around him 24/7.
Lvl: 33
Ability: Snow Warning
Moveset: GrassWhistle | Razor Leaf | Mist | Icy Wind | Ingrain | Grass Knot
Note: Dr. Kelvin has many other Pokémon, although these are the only ones he carries around.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (8:28 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Drunk: Oh wow! that was fast. c: I didn't expect you to have it ready. Regardless, depending on when/if I can get ahold of Megaman765 for a second opinion you should get an answer by tomorrow at latest. Props for taking a teacher.

@pokepokemo: Oh! I just noticed your question. I'm sorry. Here. |D
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokepokemo View Post
Also another Question, what if somebody wanted to trade? Would it be with a student?
Like in the anime, pokeballs are (somehow automatically) registered to their trainers, and in order to officially trade one must use a trading machine. You'll be able to find those in the pokemon center. Unless the original owner reports a pokemon as stolen though, you won't get in trouble for just taking someone else's pokemon generally speaking. Alternatively, a trainer can release their pokemon (As in, permanently) but with the intention of the other trainer catching it.
Old November 22nd, 2011 (10:04 PM).
Yes, I'm that One Guy

Nature: Hardy
Yes, another team update.

Name: Rufflet
Lvl 25
Moves: Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Wing Attack, Fury Attack, Peck, Work Up

Name: Combusken
Lvl 21
Moves: Peck, Double Kick, Ember, Focus Energy, Sand Attack, Scratch

Name: Elekid
Lvl 17
Moves: Quick Attack, Swift, Thunder Shock, Low Kick, Ice Punch, Brick Break

Name: Aron
Lvl 17
Moves: Tackle, Harden, Mud-Slap, Headbutt, Metal Claw

Name: Seedot
Lvl 14
Moves: Bide, Harden, Growth, Nature Power
Old November 23rd, 2011 (7:22 AM).
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
@Drunk: Why do I get the feeling that Pippo and Wilson(my characters Swinub) are going to have an eat-off sometime in the future?
Old November 23rd, 2011 (3:46 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Yahoo to LawOfTheLand
Dr. Kelvin and his team of weather starters plus Castform. Roflmao. I love him already. Can't wait to see what his lectures are like.

(My grandmother started coming down with Alzheimer's last year, and my family occasionally had to make the hour-long drive to help her find things she lost, so I have some experience with this sort of thing.)
Old November 23rd, 2011 (6:02 PM).
Crystal Tier

Drunk is approved. c: Nice app!
Old November 24th, 2011 (12:25 AM). Edited November 24th, 2011 by drunk ¬_¬.
Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!

@ Mr. Mammoth: Haha, not out of my pocket…

And YAY! I'm accepted. Should I wait for an introduction, or just jump in?

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma Law, I understand what it can be like. I hope she gets better.

EDIT: I edited Weatherman's moves…
Rain Dance → Thunder,
Sunny Day → SolarBeam, and
Hail → Protect (I didn't know Castform didn't get Earth Power )
Old November 24th, 2011 (1:54 AM).
The RPing Challenger!

Nature: Timid
Quite some people have been joining lately, I wonder how many more will be coming in?
RPs I'm in

Pokemon Trainer Academy as Gen Valdrauth Esis
Old November 24th, 2011 (9:36 AM).
Crystal Tier

Well, you see. In most RP the main characters are pushed together (for one reason or another). This means that if someone goes inactive it slows everyone else down. Here that doesn't happen because people can just move on easily or just not worry about it.

The only true limit we as the GMs are worrying about are how much we can keep track of. |D

Speaking of which though...

Chef30 is dropped for inactivity
Old November 24th, 2011 (12:10 PM).
Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!

I've a couple of questions:
  • What's going on in the RP plot-wise? (I read like three pages of posts and then I realized I had ~127 left to go )
  • When I post, should I just say I've been there the whole time? (There's so many characters, not to mention NPCs, that I feel this should be fine, right?)
  • I'm thinking of introducing my char with a lecture post.
    1) Should I just post some part of my lecture and expect people to post afterward?
    2) If so, I'd like to see who'd be interested in attending the class? (I don't know if classes are elective, or if attendance is compulsory, so that would be nice to know too.)
  • Lastly, if someone posts in my class once, and then doesn't, does that mean I have to fail them (JK with that face… he's gon' LOVE failing you, damn rascals!)
Old November 24th, 2011 (2:19 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote:
What's going on in the RP plot-wise? (I read like three pages of posts and then I realized I had ~127 left to go )
Plotwise, we're focusing primarily on character interaction and training. As a teacher you don't need to worry about the latter much. Rather, you should be focusing on character interaction and raising students.

Basically? Plot wise it's rather sandbox esque right now. You can do what you please and just screw around. As characters develop and things happen around the island the plot will slowly become more and more evident.

Right now IC it's the start of a new day. That means class is going on. (Class is in the mornings, and there is only one class per day.) For today, the class is type specialization, where students learn more about their favorite type. Simply pick a type to teach and have fun. If none of the actual RPers have their characters come to your class you may feel free to just detail a class with NPC sudents.

Alternatively, perhaps your teacher isn't qualified for / would rather not teach type specialization for the day. In that case, you're free to do whatever you please including explore the island or help moderate another class that has RPers in it. All teachers are allowed to accept volunteer students after class, and there is nothing saying teachers cannot hang out with the students. (Though, that might be socially a bit more difficult to pull off.)

Quote:
When I post, should I just say I've been there the whole time? (There's so many characters, not to mention NPCs, that I feel this should be fine, right?)
Yes you may! (Alternatively you may have just been hired. It's really your choice, though your idea is easier on you.)

Quote:
I'm thinking of introducing my char with a lecture post.
1) Should I just post some part of my lecture and expect people to post afterward?
2) If so, I'd like to see who'd be interested in attending the class? (I don't know if classes are elective, or if attendance is compulsory, so that would be nice to know too.)
A lecture post? As in, as a class? Normally I pick which students go to which classes, which means you'll usually have RPers in your class. (At least 1 anyway) However, today RPers get to pick, so you might not. You can ask in this thread here yes.

Perhaps I'll throw MacKenzie your way for starters?

Quote:
Lastly, if someone posts in my class once, and then doesn't, does that mean I have to fail them (JK with that face… he's gon' LOVE failing you, damn rascals!)
If someone goes inactive without posting I recommend waiting at least 2-3 days. After that, you can move on without them if you so desire. (In the most appropriate way possible, please. Nothing spiteful.)

But no. |D You can however give students detentions in your classroom if they try to skip class. To actually fail a student you need to present them with a challenge of some sort that they fail to pass.
Old November 24th, 2011 (2:46 PM).
Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!

Quote:
Right now IC it's the start of a new day. That means class is going on. (Class is in the mornings, and there is only one class per day.) For today, the class is type specialization, where students learn more about their favorite type. Simply pick a type to teach and have fun. If none of the actual RPers have their characters come to your class you may feel free to just detail a class with NPC sudents.

Alternatively, perhaps your teacher isn't qualified for / would rather not teach type specialization for the day. In that case, you're free to do whatever you please including explore the island or help moderate another class that has RPers in it. All teachers are allowed to accept volunteer students after class, and there is nothing saying teachers cannot hang out with the students. (Though, that might be socially a bit more difficult to pull off.)
Well, as a weather teacher, and considering my Pokémon team… I don't know if it would Type Specialization would fit Dr. K's qualifications… although if it's cool to do Normal-type Specialization, I'd be down. (I just don't want to have nothing to do at any given school day).
Old November 24th, 2011 (7:10 PM). Edited November 26th, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

I honestly recommend getting a second character in the form of a student if you can handle it in that case. Your second and third characters take up no slots so.

EDIT: As you all may have noticed from my last post, MacKenzie has found herself pokemon-ified. (She's now a smeargle.) That being said, I'm NPCifying her as she no longer qualifies as a student or a teacher. Both she and her pokemon are open to be caught. However, as they are all rather high level compared to wild pokemon, you'll have to ask me here in the OOC thread beforehand. (It's mostly just so I know who gets them so I'm not surprised when someone suddenly has a new level 30 pokemon.) I'm willing to play her for whomever wishes. Though I /might/ get slightly picky about who/if someone catches MacKenzie.

She can totally talk by the way. She's just not going to until she finds herself crammed in a ball. (You'll understand the justification for why she can talk and why she chooses not to if you read the post.)

Here is her current team including herself. It doesn't include the snivy egg, but that more or less comes with MacKenzie herself unless the catcher doesn't want it.

MacKenzie ♀ Lv. 30 (Transform, Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Tackle, Sketch, Sketch)
Mew ♂ Lv. 33 (Sunny Day, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Pain Split, Leaf Storm)
Melody ♀ Lv. 31 (Sing, Perish Song, Attract, Charm, Sweet Kiss, Focus Punch)
Limpet ♂ Lv. 29 (Octazooka, Lock-On, Ice Beam, Gunk Shot, Acid Spray, Seed Bomb)
Aile ♀ Lv. 26 (Headbutt, Glare, Defense Curl, Dig, Yawn, Sunny Day)
Beest ♀ Lv. 30 (Pursuit, Protect, Acrobatics, Harden, Twin Needle, Focus Energy)

Aaaand here's my app for a new student to replace MacKenzie on my character roster. |D

Spoiler:
Name: Olivia Wolf

Nickname: "Olive", "The Flirt"

Dorm: Entei

Appearance:

Personality Olivia is defined mostly by one trait, her deep desire to love and be loved. One could call her romantic in the sense that it is the emotional aspect she so desires, though the intensity with which she pursues this goal might cause her to come off as a pervert. It would also be untrue to say she does not desire love on a physical level, though the desire is not quite as strong. She is almost constantly looking for someone of interest, and she isn't exactly very picky . She is a somewhat relaxed trainer, only training as a hobby. She has no real desire to be the best, and training seems to be of mostly social appeal to her. She usually refuses to evolve her pokemon, under the belief that she would rather them remain cute so that 'others will underestimate them'. She is a rather feminine girl, though on ocassion she is known to attempt to act like a tomboy in order to attract the attention of others. Overall, Olivia is easy to get along with on the condition that one can tolerate being flirted with. She is both relatively unselfish and good natured. Her main flaw would probably be her clinginess and the sheer desperation with which she persues love.

History: Olivia was born and raised in a middle class family from Sinnoh. As a kid she spent her time reading romance novels, which she got /really/ into as one might suspect. Her parents were rather concerned when she started obsessing over love and romance at an age typically considered too early to be thinking about such things. However, it was no more and no less than a mysterious obsession that she would carry into her teens. Needless to say, her parents were rather hesitant to give her pokemon because they wanted her to train because she liked it, not because it was cool. However, whilst on a family trip to hoenn they caved in and got Olivia her first pokemon when opportunity presented itself in the form of a wild ralts. Her parents caught the wild ralts for her, but it soon adapted to it's new younger trainer, forming an emotional bond. To Olivia's parent's surprise the ralts seemed to be the 'older sibling' in the relationship in that they started noticing Myra leading Olivia around instead of the other way around. If it weren't for the fact that Myra was also extremely protective of her trainer they probably would've been more concerned. Instead they allowed Myra to develop into the pseudo sister Olivia never had. It didn't take a great deal of time before Olivia's parents decided to give Olivia a second pokemon to introduce her to the concept of raising multiple pokemon. This time she recieved a Piplup. She would later aquire a Skitty as a prize from a local unofficial pokeathlon. However, as it turned out Majolica Town grew too small for Olivia. She wanted to travel the world in search of love. Her parents needless to say weren't exactly thrilled about this. As a compromise they told her that if she wanted to travel the world she needed to go to school and learn how to become a better trainer so that she could be self-sufficient on her own. Olivia actually agreed to this, and thus her first destination on her quest was Oak Island, to become a student.

Pokémon

Species: Piplup ♀
Nickname(Optional): Myra
Personality: Myra is a coward that for some reason seems to believe her trainer is tougher than she is.
Lvl(Max 20): 18
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Attract, Captivate, Scald, Brick Break, Signal Beam, Ice Beam

Species: Kirlia ♀
Nickname(Optional): Lea
Personality: Lea is an affectionate and protective pokemon who doesn't seem to like fighting all that much. She seems to have a special emotional attachment to her trainer.
Lvl(Max 20): 20
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Stored Power, Calm Mind, Attract, Double Team, Psych Up, Telekinesis

Species: Skitty ♀
Nickname(Optional): Rosie
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Rosie is a rather quiet skitty that can't help but chase moving and shiny objects.
Lvl(Max 20): 18
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Attract, Charm, Captivate, Wish, Payback, Last Resort
Old November 26th, 2011 (8:33 AM).
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Just to let you all you guys know, I probably won't be able to log in to PC because I hve to finish a couple of school assignments so till Wednesday I'm gonna be less active than usual. Hope you all understand.
[align=center]
Name: Creamer
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/align]
Old November 26th, 2011 (12:05 PM).
The Prodigal Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
lol some one named wolf... check my username to understand. if you still don't get it Jason Wolf is my general RP character. oh if I was moer active I'd so add in Jason to my roster right now.

btw I plan on catching a pokemon soon. do I need to have it cleared with anyone? I know there are tons of ways captures are controlled.
The hearth always feels warmer after long absence.
It's good to be back.
Old November 26th, 2011 (12:58 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Mick Fizz: That's fine.

@Jasonwolf: Doh x3 Well, if you ever feel up to it, we'd love to have him.

Also, here's my app for my teacher. She's very... special.

Spoiler:
Name: Elizabeth

Nickname: Isabel, Eliza, Elise, Lizzy, "That weird girl from before modern technology or something"

Job: Ancient Johto History (Intern)

Appearance: (Note: Elizabeth looks like she's 10 years old eternally. This is explained in her history.)

Personality: Elizabeth is a rather shy, quiet girl, somewhat due to traumatisation as a result of being offset from her era. She can be somewhat awkward around others and doesn't seem to trust technology all that much. Her speech is somewhat limited and old fashioned at times. She was never very passionate about training, however many years passed and she became a strong trainer out of necessity. One might ask, how does someone like this become a teacher? In truth, Elizabeth is not the best teacher. However, her knowledge on the distant past was valuable enough to give her a recommendation and valuable enough to get her hired under special circumstances. Elizabeth is mostly concerned about food on a day to day basis, and the quickest way to her heart is easily through her stomach. She also has a strong desire for companionship. Of note is the fact that although she has been alive for 18 years she stopped aging physically at 10. This also had an effect on her mind, as she did not go through puberty and all that jazz. In short, her mind still has plenty of childish qualities to it.

History: Elizabeth lived a relatively normal life for a child in the pokemon world. She lived in Johto with both her parents. Her parents were pretty good to her. She didn't suffer from any major mental of physical problems, the worst of which was shyness, typical problems of that nature. She wasn't a trouble maker, or at all hedonistic. However, things did get interesting one day. She was approximately ten years old and had wandered into a specific forest in the Johto region without the protection of pokemon. However, despite the fact that the wild pokemon were quite known to attack humans at times she did not find herself under attack by any of them. Perhaps it was luck, perhaps something was protecting her, or perhaps both. Seeing as nothing jumped out to scare her, she continued to wander. Normally, you'd expect restrictions to be much tighter for peoples safety. However, what you didn't know was that Elizabeth lived in the past. That is to say, her time was long before the present. (That will make sense further down.) Her parents did not suspect her of going into the woods. She was not normally one to get into trouble, as she was rather prone to running away from confrontations. A couple of her friends had told her a legend of a specific pokemon that roamed there, and that it was quite friendly.

Of course, her supposed luck did not last forever. A wild zubat spotted the small girl and decided to attempt to drive her from its presence. She was alarmed to find a Zubat harassing her, nearly fleeing the forest had it not been for the Zubat suddenly and abruptly backing off. Elizabeth looked up, confused and startled to see a rather friendly looking, green, fairy-like pokemon floating down towards her with a curious let playful look on her face. It was Celebi, the guardian of the forest. Elizabeths eyes widened. She did not know what Celebi was, but the pokemon impressed her all the same. Something about this pokemon just seemed to radiate comfort, as if its mere presence said things were going to be okay. Her first reaction was to awkwardly fiddle with her hands before reaching out to Celebi with both hands, standing on her tip-toes as if that would help her reach the pokemon who was admittedly still out of reach. Celebi observed this for a moment. Seeing that Elizabeth was far from intending harm, she floated down into Elizabeths arms, being met with a hug. It was all fun and games from there, mainly with Celebi leading the way. Eventually, Celebi did what any playful, somewhat irresponsible time traveling pokemon may be prone to do. She took Elizabeth through time.

However, as it turned out a battle just so happened to be raging in the exact spot the two emerged. A flamethrower hit Celebi the moment she came out of transit, startling her so badly that she fled the area without even considering to take Elizabeth with her, let alone back to her own time. The pokemon attacking her simply had not had the power to actually take down Celebi, but regardless, Celebi was rather prone to running when confronted. Elizabeth was equally startled, and ran off in a rather random direction, making it incredibly difficult for Celebi to find her again. For all intents and purposes, Celebi never did find and return her to her time. She did however give Elizabeth a strange jewel (That does not seem to have any further purpose than to look pretty) before the incident that separated them occurred. Elizabeth spent most of the time after that incident scavenging. She managed to befriend a Meowth that helped her get money for food by using payday and allowing her to battle. However, for a long time battling was extremely difficult for her. She was not a great trainer, and she was left broke and hungry on multiple ocassions. Luckily, others usually had enough sympathy for her to help her out from time to time. Due to the way she had been living, Elizabeth is rather emaciated.

After a long time training through a crash course in battling "on the streets" so to speak Elizabeth gained a local reputation for her oddities, among which included the fact that she still appeared to be ten and yet had startlingly powerful pokemon despite this. One might wonder how this got her a place in The Academy. After a time those who knew her had become increasingly concerned by what they saw and heard. Elizabeth did not believe she was in Johto, even though she was. She had not visibly aged in eight years, and some had heard her speak of things they'd only read about. As a result it eventually got the attention of Gary Oak through a recommendation from locals in Johto. It was decided that if anyone could help Elizabeth it was the experts at the academy. Not only that, but Elizabeth was not living a healthy life, and she could greatly benefit from the free shelter and food offered there. The final driving force in the decission was Elizabeth's knowledge of ancient history. Thus, Elizabeth now serves as an intern in the strictest sense, though her condition has drawn concern from some of the other staff at times.

Pokémon

Species: Meowth ♂
Personality: Meowth is rather prone to stealing shiny things and food, though he generally behaves in the presence of his trainer.
Lvl(Max 50): 47
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Hone Claws, Icy Wind, Thief, Pay Day, Hidden Power (Fighting), Double Team

Species: Marowak ♀
Personality: Marowak is a stubborn lone wolf of a pokemon who likes to solve problems by hitting them repeatedly with a club. Her attitude has a tendency to make it very difficult for her to make and keep friends.
Lvl(Max 50): 50
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Belly Drum, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Outrage, Detect, Skull Bash

Species: Politoed ♀
Personality: Politoed is a voracious pokemon that uses her sticky tongue to her advantage in battle and ocassionally as a show of affection. She has the mindset that she's the big boss, and thus does not get along with Marowak /at all/.
Lvl(Max 50): 47
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Mud Shot, Hydro Pump, Hypnosis, Mind Reader

Species: Arcanine ♀
Personality: Arcanine is a loyal and affectionate pokemon whom is ironically somewhat lazy. She is however a fierce battler... when she's up to it.
Lvl(Max 50): 45
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Extremespeed, Morning Sun, Flare Blitz, Snarl, Close Combat, Dig

Species: Slowking ♂
Personality: Slowking is a calm pokemon who likes to observe the world around him.
Lvl(Max 50): 45
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Slack Off, Iron Defense, Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Scald, Focus Blast

I've also made the decision (After quite a while of thought) to integrate Hilda's club as part of the plot, making her a plot character whom will have restricted control privileges. (You'll need to ask beforehand. She'll be heavily involved in extra-curricular activities, but will also teach battling.)
Old November 26th, 2011 (1:02 PM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
I remember her from Black Infection. Awesome.
What is real? What is truth? Is it something you can touch? Can you see it? Find it? Hold it in your hands? What is true for you is not always the truth for someone else.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old November 26th, 2011 (1:39 PM).
Maverick Hunting til the end

Nature: Brave
Updating team time! I'll do Calnith in my next post.
Vincent Xackford Luna

Blitz (Charizard M)
lvl 44
Moveset: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Flame Burst, Wing Attack, Dragon Claw, Smokescreen

Dyno (Deino M)
lvl 30
Moveset: Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Slam, Crunch, Dragonbreath, Screech

Wattage (Joltik M)
lvl 29
Moveset: Thunder bolt, Poison Jab, X-scissor, Volt Switch, Thunder wave, Electroweb, Cross Poison

Terra (Excadrill M)
lvl 38
Moveset: Horn Drill, Rock Slide, Metal Claw, Earthquake

Scissors (Anorith M)
lvl 22
Moveset: Metal Claw, Harden, Mud Sport, Water Gun

Shade (Zorua M)
lvl 24
Moveset: Faint Attack, Furry Swipes, Scary Face, Pursuit

Gallarus (Golett M in pc)
lvl 15
Moveset: Shadow Punch, Pound, Rollout, Mud-slap
This signature has been disabled.
Total signature height cannot exceed 350 pixels
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links