Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 11th, 2011 (04:17 PM).
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Update time. And I think I'll start updating every week, to make it more organised.

Note that Grim and Starr gained one level each for defeating the Gastlys. No new moves learned.

Smokey - Lv 23 (M)
Moves: Poison Gas, Psybeam, Smog, Selfdestruct, Tackle

Grim - Lv 16 (F)
Moves: Pain Split, Dark Pulse, Astonish, Disable, Night Shade

Starr - Lv 16 (M)
Moves: Confusion, Hypnosis, Headbutt, Disable, Pound
Old December 11th, 2011 (08:08 PM).
Not a beginner that's for sure
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Quote originally posted by jasonwolf:
yeah someone want to help me get back into this. I mean I know the basics, but my character wasn't even there a whole day. and since i cut off rahter randomly I think I'm gonna have to doa flashback, in which I will catcha pokemon and make a friend, in , my first post back.
I could help you. I'm still trying to think of a place to put my own character. =/
Old December 11th, 2011 (08:21 PM).
I am Sylar
Gold Tier

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
@ kiklion and jasonwolf: My two new characters are in front of the schools doors if you guys want to introduce yourselfs to them i guess.
Old December 12th, 2011 (01:08 AM).
CS

Nature: Naive
Ugh, somehow I feel this isn't the RP for me. I can't seem to get into it, and you others are moving so very fast. Put my character on hibernation for a while, we'll see if I'm trying again later :p thanks for letting me try though.
Old December 12th, 2011 (12:00 PM).
Maverick Hunting til the end

Nature: Brave
I've been thinking of making a teacher for a bit and was wondering what people thought of a pokemon and trainer relationship kind of class. The class would be about working on a trainer's connection with his/her pokemon so they work better in battles/contest. Does that sound good?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 12th, 2011 (12:18 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by Nideous.
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Brian would need that class a lot. With his relationship with Thyme, Sprinkles, Nova, and Leena as it is. They all like him, well, Sprinkles doesn't. But let's face it, he could use the work.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old December 12th, 2011 (12:21 PM).
Who says you're not perfect?
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
I like that idea for sure!! It's certainly a new idea, I'd be interested to see how your character would intend to teach this, as connections between trainers and Pokemon are largely understood, as far as I see it, as a natural bond. Somewhat like a friendship - you can't teach two people to be friends if their personalities just don't gel, you can't teach a relationship. I suppose if you were planning on having the teacher take it from a practical angle - as in, building the relationship and trust between a trainer and pokemon through various exercises - rather than a theoretical angle, which would be extraordinarily difficult to work out, it would work really well. And it would be fun to RP those classes - I'd have Sel signed up for them!

Could you actually clarify this a bit more - as in, what you see as the educational element of a pokemon/trainer relationship? What purpose would the class have? How would the curriculum be structured in order to achieve these objectives? Obviously only once you've given it some real thought - it would be useful for us to see I think
Old December 12th, 2011 (12:57 PM).

Hmm well they way I would see the class so far would be cut into weeks of working on a relationship with a singular pokemon in particular a trainer has a problem with. Whether that problem be the pokemon or trainer not listening to what the other has to say or whatever the problem maybe. I also figured it would be more of a psychical class then one that takes notes and hand written tests. Speaking of test I thought they would be test like having to battle with your one pokemon blindfolded so it's only the trainer's words guiding them through it.

The educational element I see in this I guess would to teach students how to better understand how a pokemon feels. I will have to think about this longer so I can come up with more ideas.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 12th, 2011 (01:50 PM).

Nature: Lax
Just wondering, Is there anyone else in the Normal-type-specialization class right now? besides Jacy and me of course...I mean, i could have my Zorua transform into a different kind of pokemon so that Sky and Zoro can learn more about other kinds of pokemon, like, a weakness to Zoro's type...

Sky's team:
Zoro the Zorua Lvl.10 moves: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Dark pulse
Harmony the Audino Lvl.8 moves: Pound, Growl, Helping Hand, Refresh.
Pokemon Egg Lvl.none EggWatch: Doesn’t seem like its going to hatch anytime soon.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Legend and Song

Zoro The Zorua Age: 16 Lvl: 15 moves: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse.

(In any pokemon type of RP i join, I will most likely have a off colored Zorua as a pokemon, picture is shown below)
Old December 12th, 2011 (02:03 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Edit: What the /heck/, PC ate my message when I tried to edit it. Maaan.

Edit: And then it spit out my post and edited the wrong one! >=/

@Drunk: approved
Old December 12th, 2011 (02:16 PM).

I did saw weeks, my bad I'm still working on how that class would work though. It's harder than I thought to think of it.

Old December 12th, 2011 (02:18 PM).
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
I was wondering if these two things were alright to do:

Rudolf needed a change. He's just too based off me.
So, I'm asking if I can change him to this:

Spoiler:

Name
Rudolf Strangolagalli

Nickname
“Mr. Rudolf”

Job
Basic and Advanced Breeding, Provides Tutoring

Appearance

Mr. Rudolf is a tall, slender man. Standing somewhere near 6”3 to 6”5 (he hasn’t measured), people generally find him to be quite towering. He has decent muscle structure (nothing impressive or anything) but what are impressive are his legs; strong and very well-toned from the amount he walks/runs every day. His skin is Caucasian, a hint lighter than a neutral tone could be considered as. His has a nice mop of musky orange-colored hair that he likes to spike sometimes. He also has a spiked goatee on the end of his face. Speaking of hair, he is “fuzzy” (he considers himself) thanks to his heritage, meaning he is more body-hairier then the average gent. His eyebrows are very masculine and thick.

Clothing-wise, he likes to throw on a nice and comfortable (not to mention worn) short-sleeved white undershirt, and over that, a black long-sleeve shirt with two buttons near the neck. He also wears fitting white dress pants made out of very comfortable material that he can easily run in. For shoes, the nice new pair of black running shoes he bought for his stay here.

Time for Accessories! Besides his shiny silver watch (which can also function as a stop-watch, timer, alarm-clock…. Let’s just say it was a very thoughtful gift from Dad) he wears on his left wrist under his sleeve, he wears a home-made crochet rainbow (ROY G BIV) scarf with two white tassels on each side, which he made himself. It’s thick and a tad long; and when he desires, he can use it to cover his nose and lower face, but usually tucks it out so people can see his whole face and hear him speak.

He has no piercings, but does have a tattoo of a leaf on his right shoulder blade (scapula). It's simple, being a black leaf with un-colored lines for a stem.

Personality
Mr. Rudolf is a very nice gentleman. He’s thoughtful, sweet, and caring, but at times saccharine. A lot of the kind things he does are subtle, and people feel as if they can trust him. (You know, bearing they don’t have trust issues.) He gives of a façade of innocence, almost…. He doesn’t like using profanity, using silly terms to rant about his frustrations, and “his nose is clean” concerning any debauchery or bad habits.

He doesn't like to share really intimate details about his life, feeling as if they're his own business usually. Unless he feels comfortable or connected with someone, but also occasionally because he needs to stir the conversation.

He tries to see good sides to things and situations, and coming from a background and condition such as his, he feels that he must. He has difficulty separating his personal feelings about someone and dealing with someone professionally. Oddly enough, even though he was the youngest of his family, he tends to become Big Brother. He is pretty fatherly too, especially to younger kids and Pokémon.

He is quite abstractly creative, being quite talented at painting. He sees the world as just one big concept riddled with smaller, yet still as important concepts. He associates colors with everything he feels and sees.

Flaws? Well, he does have depression. He takes pills for it, sure, but that doesn't stop him from feeling the effects now and then. If it's triggered, he can get a tad moody. It's really only a problem if he doesn't take his pills. If that happens, it will really start to catch up to him and hit hard, causing him to crash badly; becoming very unlike himself and violent, even.

He also has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He can get pretty twitchy at times when it acts up, but it doesn’t rule his life. He mainly has a problem with balance. Everything has to have an equal opposite on the other side. He also does weird, compulsive gestures when he's stressed or nervous. This translate positively in one way, though- it's caused him to be very studious and decisive. Everything got to be one way with him.

Also, yeah, he likes the company of men. But none of his romantic pursuits have ever taken off. He doesn't really want to search for a guy. He’s comfortable with it. No big deal. It isn’t who he is. Just who he likes ....to state the obvious, he's never truly dealt with it or took the time to understand it.

History
Rudolf was the youngest of four, having two brothers and a sister before him (in that order). He was the product of a second marriage, all his siblings actually being half-siblings. He is the only son of his father. His family was middle-class when he was a child, but as he grew, they started to lose more and more financial stability, until finally, they had to declare bankruptcy. Already devastated, Rudolf then had to witness his mother (who he holds in contempt nowadays for being ungrateful and a home wrecker) divorce his father. Thankfully in a custody battle, Rudolf ended up with his father. Although he lost his siblings, he still had his Dad and didn’t have to live with his mother. His mother ended up living with her sister.

They took refuge in a shelter for a while, his father trying very hard (yet usually unsuccessfully) to find a good income. Meanwhile, thanks to child support (who his mother has to thank his aunt for), Rudolf attended public school, where was the only place he could unwind from stress. Thanks to this, he actually did extremely well, enjoying his studies. He discovered his passion for breeding and those furry creatures everyone called Pokémon. He also found a lot of different hobbies- painting, crocheting to name some. He let his creativity have a renaissance during this stressful period.

Low and behold though, when he was sixteen, his financial situation suddenly changed when his father got ahold of an amazing amount of money because of old investment that paid off. They were now in better standing than they were originally, and, feeling he had to make up for what happened, Rudolf’s Dad showered him in gifts. (Which Rudolf was thankfully too nice to become spoiled over.) More time passed, and Rudolf had graduated high school as valedictorian, and was just about to finalize his college plans when a job offer appeared for being a teacher at an academy that had been recording his achievements. The pay was good, too. Hm.

I think what happened next speaks for itself.

Pokémon

Otoño the Carnivine Lv. 31

Leech Seed, Rage Powder, GrassWhistle, Worry Seed, Ingrain, Leaf Tornado

Otoño is very overly aggressive, and makes a great bodyguard because of such. He can get very carried away with battles and is also a bit sadistic at times. He is very outgoing and fun, though. He loves to eat. Good HP.

This way, it make him more interesting to play and the story still makes sense.

ALSO!

Mind if I make a Raikou-Dorm student? I was kind of thinking of having her be Rudolf's half-sister or cousin or something. Just wondering if I could do it.
Old December 12th, 2011 (02:19 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

You could do it if you want, though I'd recommend against having them be related. You might find it coming to bite you later.

Oh and... alright. I'll look it over and then change your player profile accordingly.

@Jasonwolf: I already told you what's going on. o-o

@Everyone: I've apparently got an Olivia to throw at someone or someones. |D I've also... apparently got an Elizabeth to throw at someone.
Old December 12th, 2011 (03:12 PM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by drunk ¬_¬.
Inebriated Baby

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@Drunk: approved
Cool.
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@Everyone: I've apparently got an Olivia to throw at someone or someones. |D I've also... apparently got an Elizabeth to throw at someone.
^What does that mean exactly?
Also, is there a Water-specialization class going on right now? I'd like to believe that 'Old Rod' isn't the kind of guy to skip class alone >.>

EDIT: I'm guessing there is, but I can't find it, so who else would be there? … *Goes back to looking*

EDIT2: Aha! Found it, the last mention of Juan was by Tauros14 like six pages ago in the IC… aaannywaaayss…

@Yellow: How exactly do classes work?
Old December 12th, 2011 (03:23 PM).
Crystal Tier

There's a teacher for every specialization class. If one isn't listed, an appropriate teacher takes their place. Regardless, I mean that I have those two characters available for interaction.
Old December 12th, 2011 (04:29 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Yahoo to LawOfTheLand
Jeez, six pages while I deal with writer's block and other things. Jonah must be going through some kind of PTSD, or maybe he's revisiting his depression years as noted in his history.

This is absolutely terrible. Marin, this is why I said I wasn't ready to co-GM the reboot with you. However, I did get some feedback from one of the original players that we could have done with the occasional GM kick in the pants if they were taking too long to advance.
Old December 13th, 2011 (10:25 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by The Final Watchman:
@ kiklion and jasonwolf: My two new characters are in front of the schools doors if you guys want to introduce yourselfs to them i guess.
Okay, thanks! I'll post today.
Old December 13th, 2011 (11:49 AM).

Thinking over it some more my character sounds like a Pokemon Connoisseur making the class sound like a connoisseuring class maybe?

Old December 13th, 2011 (12:44 PM).
Gold Tier

Oh, Yellow! I just noticed! You forgot to put Austin' bio on the SU list.
Old December 13th, 2011 (02:04 PM).
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
Here's my student character! :3
Hope you like.

Spoiler:

Name
Piccolo South

Nickname
She prefers being called by her full name, thank you.

Dorm
Raikou Dorm

Appearance

Personality
Piccolo is a pretentious girl; with barely any concern with anybody but herself. She’s cocky, self-absorbed, verbally (and occasionally physically) abusive, as soft as an especially prickly cactus, and above all, selfish. Anyone you’ve ever met would probably describe her as anything other than graceful. When she’s bored, she can also display sociopathic tendencies for giggles. She likes dominating people, and if you let her, suspect never to come back into any position of superiority with her again.

But she does carry others sides- in fact, she’s quite productive and intelligent; being a bit of a perfectionist. She’s very hardworking and determined, and knows how to get a job done and right the first time. If she has a goal, by golly she will get there somehow. In fact, if you’re talking business, there could be no one more of an asset than her. Personally though…. Well, I think you get the picture already.

She’s a by-habit kleptomaniac, meaning since the phrase “it belongs to someone else” never held any weight with her, she usually just walks off with stuff she wants. If it benefits her, she’ll probably take it. A lot of her teacher’s grade books have disappeared that way. She can be ever so stealthy when it comes to these matters.

Another thing about her is her confidence and ambition. She has too much of it, but you can’t blame the girl for being comfortable in her own skin and having the desire and drive to do what she wants to do. Nothing gets in her way, and rules have very little meaning. She speaks to everyone without fear of expressing her every thought about them in the process. She holds no regrets.

She also always carries a notebook and a pencil on her person to write down things. Just in case she might forget them.

History
Dearest parents didn’t know what to do with their dearest daughter Piccolo. They let her have the name she wanted- instead of the one she was born with, Chelsea- and they let her pursue and have anything her little heart desired. Only the best. ….Why would she never calm down?

Piccolo was born in Saffron City, Kanto, the older of two, coming before her brother who is her junior by only a year. Her story is one defiance and uncontrollability, starting when she was just a wee infant. Tantrums galore until it seemed like tantrum was her only mood. She became very infamous around Saffron, being the cause of various school fights and wrecked stores.

Even though her grades were impeccable, she wasn’t worth it to the school; they kicked her out forthwith after the final straw was drawn from an intentional mishap in her chemistry class. She was expelled. She was angry and frustrated, and her parents quickly attempted to find her a new school before they she tipped over the edge. They came across Oak Academy and set her up with her entry tests. She scored very high, as suspected, but her permanent record followed her, causing her to land in the Raikou Dorm instead of Suicune. This only frustrated her further, but she decided to suck it up. With a pout on her face, she set sail for Oak Academy.

Pokémon

“Krypton” the Beldum Lv. 18
[Take Down]

“Iodine” the Ralts Lv. 17
[Teleport, Double Team, Telekinesis, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Confusion]

Old December 16th, 2011 (09:59 AM). Edited December 16th, 2011 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

Sorry about the delay, guys. |D Computer troubles and other confusion. Thanks for pointing that out Kiklion, I'll go fix it. And I'll look over your character in just a moment, Kiyoshi

EDIT: Kiyoshi, your new character is approved.
Old December 16th, 2011 (10:10 AM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Won't be posting today sorry I just feel really sick
Old December 16th, 2011 (12:56 PM).

Quote originally posted by HunterZero:
I've been thinking of making a teacher for a bit and was wondering what people thought of a pokemon and trainer relationship kind of class. The class would be about working on a trainer's connection with his/her pokemon so they work better in battles/contest. Does that sound good?
Oddly enough that was sorta the kinda class I was giving N

Question though, why does everyone keep thinking this is fast paced for a forum RP? =/
Old December 16th, 2011 (02:49 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Yahoo to LawOfTheLand
Dunno, maybe I'm just getting old. >_<
Old December 17th, 2011 (12:40 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Genevieve: It's alright. Get better soon. :P

@Bassiroth: I can't presume to understand what I've never taken the time to research, but I do amuse myself by wondering what they'd think if they saw a chat based RP where posts are a matter of minutes, not days or hours. |D

...Or what LawOfTheLand said, actually. People age out of roleplaying. It's a rather sad phenomenon. Y'know how with video games you've got all those uncool people constantly complaining about how this is a rip off of that or nothing ever changes or this isn't cool anymore or this ruined this and how video gaming has taken a dive for the worst, etcetera etcetera...

Yeah... That's because they grew out of video games. It's where the saying "Video games are for kids" came from. They never meant physical age with that saying so much as our forefathers knew that adults just tended to grow out of games at some point. The thing being, a similar phenomenon happens in roleplaying. People grow out of it. It's a really sad fate, honestly, because as far as I can tell they're doomed to never enjoy it again. (I'm not even joking. I feel sorry for those people, because things like roleplaying and video games aren't things that should be grown out of.)

To avoid that fate you have to change your mindset. But now I'm going on a tangeant. The point is that people who suffer from that have a tendency to feel unmotivated, which can do awful things to your ability to roleplay.

@Kiklion: When I went to investigate, I found that I actually did put Austin in the SU list. :P He can be found in Part 2 (Maybe you only searched Part 3? The fast way to find your character is to open the spoiler in any of the three parts and just CTRL+F and search your character's name. c:) second to last from the bottom.

Sponsored Links