Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 28th, 2011 (09:00 PM).
Greatness = Working Hard

Nature: Relaxed
Not gonna lie it warms my heart to see a rp that i started so long ago still continue to thrive and go on strong
Old December 29th, 2011 (01:59 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@Jasonwolf: Pffbt, it doesn't bother me at all. o-o; You did fail to acknowledge the extremespeed attack though. Dig shouldn't really be used to dodge pokemon that are faster than yours, since that's really the weakness of the move compared to say protect or detect, if that's what you were thinking.

@Delcatty123: Hmmm... I'm waiting on a second opinion from Megaman765, the other GM. It's a bit short, but I'll see what he thinks.

@SelenaStar: The roleplay won't be the same without you, Selena. You know I'll miss you deeply on a personal level. TTnTT

@Jackblaze: Oh snap! It's Jackblaze! I can't say I never wondered if you ever checked up on us. |D Didn't expect to hear from you here though. But yeah, it's a nice feeling isn't it?
Old December 29th, 2011 (08:42 PM).
Greatness = Working Hard

Really happy to see it running this long and to see it winning an award is even greater since i always wanted to win an award in all my time here. Congrats to yourself and Megaman for keeping it going. Looking at how far it has gone i'm wandering if i decided to come back to the site if i would even have a spot here.

But once again congrats and keep up the good work.
Old December 29th, 2011 (09:14 PM).
Crystal Tier

Pfft, of course you would, Jack! Er... though I'm afraid I didn't save your original SU at the time. >.< (I'm sorry.)
Old December 29th, 2011 (09:29 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Sorry it's been awhile since I posted. Just been so busy with the Holidays but I'll be back to posting after New Years
Old December 29th, 2011 (11:32 PM).
Crystal Tier

It's alright, Genevieve. c: I'll have at least some patience. Just... expect activity checks not long after.
Old December 30th, 2011 (08:21 AM).
The Shadow Chronicler

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@Jasonwolf: Pffbt, it doesn't bother me at all. o-o; You did fail to acknowledge the extremespeed attack though. Dig shouldn't really be used to dodge pokemon that are faster than yours, since that's really the weakness of the move compared to say protect or detect, if that's what you were thinking.
yeah sorry. I haven't been feeling up to par latrely with any of my writing. I've completely stopped writing my fanfiction, and now i guess my RP quality is slipping. would you like me to edit the post to clean it up?
Old December 30th, 2011 (11:28 AM).
Crystal Tier

@Jasonwolf: Naaah, at least not this time. Seeing as the battle has ended I'd rather just move on.
Old December 30th, 2011 (11:58 AM).
The Shadow Chronicler

just a thought does Raizer get exp for that battle even though it wasn't official or anything? maybe jsut like half or something?
Old December 30th, 2011 (02:08 PM).
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by jasonwolf:
just a thought does Raizer get exp for that battle even though it wasn't official or anything? maybe jsut like half or something?
Nah he gets full exp for it but its up to you if you want to give him half or not. Everyone is welcome to limit their leveling a bit if they really want to.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Body Slam, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 46 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 35 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 35 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old December 30th, 2011 (03:01 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM

this is a quote form the mechanics section. I'm wondeirng if you feel a level 19 Quilava versus a level fifty-or-so Dragonair would count as this. Just want to make sure I have this straigt from later times.

I have a feeling Raizer might act out again, but slightly differently.
Old December 30th, 2011 (05:02 PM).
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Team Update!

Skye

Ellie (Espeon)- Level 20- Tackle, Flail, Iron Tail, Shadow Ball, Dig, Psychic
Rama (Zorua) Level 23- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 26-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 20- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 19-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Body Slam

Rei gained two levels and learned Body Slam. No other changes.

Old December 30th, 2011 (05:11 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Jasonwolf: That's true. Though, there is a cutoff line where taking on challenges that are laughably difficult is not rewarded. As a general rule of thumb the closer a pokemon comes to winning a very challenging fight the more likely they are to be rewarded.

Regardless, help yourself to up to 2 extra levels on top of whatever else you earned.
Old December 30th, 2011 (06:06 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

ok thanks Yellow. then heres the update:

Species: Quilava
Nickname: Raizer
Lvl: 23
Moves: smokescreen, ember, quick attack, dig, flame wheel, aerial ace
Old December 30th, 2011 (08:49 PM).
Crystal Tier

Awesome. But please update your whole team at once in the future. It's simplest to just keep your team in a notepad file somewhere and edit as necessary. Heck, I do that. c:

Speaking of which, here's my team update. Dragonair gained 2 levels in the last battle, but had gained 3 levels in the battle against Lance yesterday ICly. (I forgot to update |D)

Charizard ♀ Lv. 40 (Dragon Pulse, Crunch, Flamethrower, Belly Drum, Iron Tail, Counter)
Dragonair ♀ Lv. 56 (Flamethrower, Barrier, Shock Wave, Safeguard, Extremespeed, Dragon Rush)
Flygon ♀ Lv. 48 (Crunch, Attract, Steel Wing, Facade, Dragon Claw, Roost)
Frillish ♀ Lv. 35 (Absorb, Scald, Night Shade, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Constrict)
Fraxure ♀ Lv. 41 (Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Night Slash, Protect, Reversal, Counter)
Swinub ♂ Lv. 31 (Ancient Power, Body Slam, Amnesia, Ice Shard, Earthquake, Curse)
Old December 30th, 2011 (09:02 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

that is what i do, but that was my only update the rest were the same. or are you saying I should wait for more things to happen?
Old December 30th, 2011 (10:59 PM).
Crystal Tier

It doesn't matter if nothing has changed. Update them. o-o Updates are mostly just copy pasted into the player profile section, so it's better to not have to search out and update specific pokemon.
Old December 31st, 2011 (06:48 AM).
One cool snowman

Team Update Time!

Speices: Swinub(M)
Name: Wilson
Ability: Thick Fat
Lv: 23
Moves:
Ice Shard, Avalanche, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Roar, Endure

Speices: Slakoth(M)
Name: Slackey
Ability: Truant
Lv: 15
Moves:
Slack Off, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw, Chip Away, Endure, Gunk Shot

Speices: Quilava(M)
Name: Quillie
Ability: Blaze
Lv: 17(14+3 because he fainted in the battle against Rei.)
Moves: Eruption, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Crush Claw, Extrasensory, Will-o-Wisp

No new moves learned.

Speices: Tympole(M)
Name: Katam
Ability: Hydration
Lv: 15
Moves: Bubble, Bubblebeam, Round, Growl, Supersonic
Old December 31st, 2011 (07:31 AM).
The Shadow Chronicler

what was Dragonair's costume? I might have an idea of how Isaac can make it up if I know what it was.
Old December 31st, 2011 (10:56 AM).
Crystal Tier

It was an eatern dragon costume. Like this: here ... Only with two short three clawed arms sort of like Rayquaza's, and two long whiskers.
Old December 31st, 2011 (11:24 AM). Edited January 3rd, 2012 by jasonwolf.
The Shadow Chronicler

K thanks. I'll see if I can find a good plot to make up for destroying it.

but for now-----------------------------------

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Jason Tyreal Wolf (no relation to olivia wolf.)

Nickname (Optional): Lone Ranger(see history)

Age (18+): 24

Gender (Male or Female): male

Job(What subject do they teach? Battle Theory, Breeding 101, etc): Training methods (how to best train pokemon outside of battling with other trainers.)he's kind of like a tutor, but manditory.

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

(well that came out smaller then i expected...sry)

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):

Jason is a very outspoken trainer who speaks very highly of the requirement for dedication to a training routine and a strong sense of teamwork when training.

“Training is not just for pokemon, but for the trainer as well. We are all still learning even after we know everything, because that knowledge still needs to be applied.”

Jason has been very stressed since being hired at the academy. It’s his first teaching job, and it highly differs from his previous life as a safari zone ranger. He’s also stressed since he’s leaving Fuschia city again. He only left once before on his pokemon journey, but he returned home only a month or so ago (he went the over four regions [and more] starting at age eighteen).

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What was he/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their pokemon? Etcetera):

Jason was the average trainer when he was a kid. He even made it to the semifinals in the Kanto pokemon league. After that he went on a longer journey around the world which was inspired by his families work at the Fuschia city Safari Zone. Recently returned and took up a position as Safari zone ranger, a trainer who helps people who get lost or into other trouble in the zone. He often spent so long in there the other guys started calling him the Lone Ranger.

When the zone did some expansions and got some air time on the news Jason was interviewed about his job there since the rangers were generally back ground characters at the zone. The interviewer asked Jason about his job, but was very interested in his opinions on the point of the zone. Jason had this to say:

“Well… to be honest the zone is really a place to help trainers get off the ground. Here we supply a safe place for young trainers to see all sorts of pokemon from around the world. Imagine if all our children had to go out into the world unprepared. With the zones help plenty of trainers, myself included, are able to learn the ins and outs of pokemon training without ever leaving home. Often when I’m out doing rounds I’ll happen upon trainers who are having trouble with catching the pokemon they want and I give them a tip or two how they can be ready for the next time. A lot of them think they can only get better by doing, but being prepared through planning and practice is just as useful.”

Jason was invited to be a teacher as the academy after this. He still doesn’t fully understand why, but was relatively happy to take the position.

Pokémon (Maximum of 5. No legendaries or 'shiny' pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Scyther
Nickname(Optional): Blade
Personality: stoic and strong, Blade is a powerful pokemon. He is highly disciplined in combat and proud of his skill. He often leads the charge when it comes to battling.
Lvl(Max 50): 46
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): aerial ace, thief, X-scissor, Night slash, razor wind, counter

Species: Manectric
Nickname(Optional): Shocks
Personality: A loyal pokemon Shocks is a very hyper and fun loving pokemon who’d rather be playing around rather then battling, but he doesn’t dislike battling in the slightest.
Lvl(Max 50): 42
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

Species: Blaziken
Nickname(Optional): Zariant
Personality: outspoken like his trainer Zariant fights hard and long never surrendering without giving it his all. He tends to be Jason’s secret weapon in battle.
Lvl(Max 50): 49
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

Species: Gyarados
Nickname(Optional): Tempest
Personality: Aggressive and full of rage/determination Gyarados takes battling to a whole new level when he goes all out to prove his dominance and power. He refuses to fall even when its stupid to continue. He has been this way ever since he evolved. He wishes to prove that he can over come everything
Lvl(Max 50): 45

Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): twister, surf, hyper beam, ice fang, earthquake, blizzard

Species:Breloom
Nickname(Optional): Emmy
Personality: Cocky and hyper Emmy loves the rush of battle and consitantly goes above the call of duty to show her skills. She is the child of Jason’s cousin’s Breloom who is part of champion Hoenn team.
Lvl(Max 50): 45
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): sky uppercut, mach punch, leech seed, mind reader, dynamic punch, mega drain.

EDIT:whoops forget to add the picture.
Old January 3rd, 2012 (04:44 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Yahoo to LawOfTheLand
I do vaguely remember telling you that I was leaving this RP due to lack of inspiration, Marin, but it's worth noting that Dragonair does attempt to evolve starting at level 55.

Easy to forget, I know, and I'm most likely missing something here (maybe Valorie pressed B?) but whatever.
Old January 6th, 2012 (03:45 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Can I reserve a spot for Entei Dorm? (I like Entei better than the other 2, so lucky me!) I'd appreciate it if someone could fill me in on what's happening. If not, that's okay then.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old January 6th, 2012 (04:42 PM).
Crystal Tier

@jasonwolf: Congratulations, your teacher is finally approved. :p

@LoL: I'm going to start calling you lol. *Bricked* No but seriously, sorry to hear that. I was waging for you to make it official, but if that's how ya' feel... I'll go retrieve your SU for you. =<

@SD: Certainly! Consider yourself reserved.
Old January 6th, 2012 (07:06 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

@PTY: FINALLY *victory lap* whoh whoh *happy dance* get ready for the wolf! lol *hides in shame.* btw way sorry about nor posting IC in a while I just returned to school, and thusly its hard to get around.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links