Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Ciel is too terrified and currently in recovery or he might take that class. Skye could take it, though he probably wouldn't do well. All part of the fun.
"What Tama wishes for is..."

Old February 20th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgoalie View Post
An Objection you say?

No i'm sorry, i had to do that

There is no flaw in my argument whatsoever! Your objection is INVALID!!!
Old February 21st, 2012, 06:15 AM
pokepokemo
The RPing Challenger!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post

@everyone: Speaking of which, as the day comes to a close I want to ask you guys a question. Which of you would like your characters to be in the new class hosted by the one and only Hilda? It's a class that's basically about using your pokemon to help the community and may involve things like community service, exploration of mysterious dungeons and even search and rescue~ Hint hint.

This particular class is relevant to the overarching plot in that it's meant to train students for future dangers, and will be it's own mini plot in that I believe others might find it fun. That being said, it will take significantly longer than most other classes, and be treated more like a field trip.

Not everyone can take it at once, but certain people will be taking it each day.

Me! Me! I wanna try that! Sounds fun and awesome!
Anyway, if the day ends soon, does that mean it's night time already?
If the day ends, it just seems so quick compared to the 1 month+ real time in one day doesn't it?

Regardless, so many people are here! Thank god I'm just a roleplayer, don't the GM's have a hard time with this many people?
RPs I'm in

Pokemon Trainer Academy as Gen Valdrauth Esis
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:36 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@pokepokemo: Yessir, it's already night. It's somewhere around 8-9 PM. RPing on an IC day by day basis is actually kind of hard, since posting in RP takes waaaaay longer than doing the same thing IRL. Hence, going by days results in each day taking forever to complete one day's worth of IC time. (To be honest, I probably would rather avoid doing so in future RPs. I'd also rather not change PTA too much unless people really want it to, seeing as it seems to be working very well.)

Well, there /are/ two GMs in this RP compared to most which have only one. We also get help from the RPers themselves with keeping track of what's going on and what might need our attention. Overall, yes it can be a bit difficult. However, as long as we don't let the work pile up and do it as it comes it's not /too/ painful.
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Time to update Jimmy's team again. Smokey gained one level after defeating the wild Mankey and learned Sludge.

Team

Smokey (Koffing ♂) - Lv 28
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Psybeam, Smog, Selfdestruct, Poison Gas, Tackle, Sludge.

Grim (Duskull ♀) - Lv 20
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Confuse Ray, Dark Pulse, Astonish, Night Shade, Disable, Pain Split.

Starr (Drowzee ♂) - Lv 18
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Confusion, Headbutt, Pound, Hypnosis, Disable, Poison Gas.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
pokepokemo
The RPing Challenger!

Nature: Timid
Team Update!!!!:
New Member!
Mira the Minccino
Lv.15
Hyper Voice, Return, Swift, Tackle, Tail Slap and Work Up

And the old guys, refined!
Hyper
Level 21 Elekid (Male) +2 from Trainer fight
Moves: Thunderpunch, Cross Chop, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Rain Dance, Electro Ball

Darrumel
Level 21 Dewott (Male)
Moves: Hydro Pump, Dig, Water Pledge, Detect, Razor Shell, Trump Card

CupCream
Level 22 Vanillite (Female)
Moves: Flash Cannon, Avalanche, Blizzard, Double Team, Icicle Spear

Shock
Level 23 Joltik (Male) +2 for a trainer fight +1 for fainting!
Moves: Electroweb, Wild Charge, X-Scissors, Cross Poison, Fury Cutter
RPs I'm in

Pokemon Trainer Academy as Gen Valdrauth Esis
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

NOTICE:
I must apologize for my two week absence, with no warning.Two weeks ago, on Friday, I came home from school to find an eviction notice. We spent all of that weekend packing everything up and then moving to a new place. Unfortunately, this place has no internet connection. Until it does, my posts will be scarce, but I will try to remain at least somewhat frequent. I apologize for my inconvenience, and for my inability to warn anyone; I hope I didn't hold back any characters for too long. As of now, I am using a school computer to use PokeCommunity, and that may be my only option for some time. Again, I apologize for my inconvenience.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Zerin: Sorry to hear that buddy. Here's hoping you get situated in the near future.

@Everyone: This is the final warning to get ready for a new day. I will be sending the announcement for the day ending sometime in the evening tomorrow before midnight. At that point I expect everyone's next post to detail their character going to bed, regardless of how long it takes them to get there. (See: Your last post can be long and your character can do stuff in it, but the last post is the last post, which means it must have them going to sleep and optionally waking up in the morning.)

Who is taking what classes will be posted here when the day ends.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; February 22nd, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

um... ok since we never got around to Jason (I never gave yout he link tot eh post like you asked sry) where do I send him? is there a teacher dorm or what?
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@JasonWolf: I tried. Many teachers buy houses in Oak Town what with their HUGE teacher discounts. However, for those that cannot/choose not to there is free loving quarters within the academy. The teacher's living quarters have somewhat larger, more furnished rooms with some common electrical appliances aroujd such as TVs. There's also a teacher's lounge you list pass through when going to and from the teacher's living quarters with all sorts of cooking appliances you won't find anywhere else but the cafeteria.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

alright then. where is that on the school grounds?
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Zerin: Sorry to hear that buddy. Here's hoping you get situated in the near future.

@Everyone: This is the final warning to get ready for a new day. I will be sending the announcement for the day ending sometime in the evening tomorrow before midnight. At that point I expect everyone's next post to detail their character going to bed, regardless of how long it takes them to get there. (See: Your last post can be long and your character can do stuff in it, but the last post is the last post, which means it must have them going to sleep and optionally waking up in the morning.)

Who is taking what classes will be posted here when the day ends.
Oh thank Arcues! I'll get to know which classes Kilik will take-oh darn! He never got any rare candy. :D Oh well, not important!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Jasonwolf: Specifically? It's like, part of the main building. Other than that feel free to use your imaination.

@ShinyDiamond: It only takes 1 post to have your character go bug NPCs for rare candies, since you can control them in the same post. You've got time.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; February 22nd, 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

trust me that bit helped. I had previously gotten the idea of them beign a slightly more seperate building that stood alone as a teacher's dorm.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'm curious about something, I saw an earlier battle where a Quilava, I think, combined a Quick Attack and Ember to make a new kind of attack. Is this combining of attacks that the Pokémon knows allowed?
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

that was me. My character background is that Isaac(my trainer) spends all his time working on his tactics. He devoted his all time to it ever since he got his first pokemon. also its technically not a new attack it's just using more then one at once, and Isaac gives a name to the tactic so he can just say the tactic instead of naming the combination.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Yeah, exactly! I think that's pretty brilliant, and you can come up with some pretty cool mix-ups. I've got a perfect idea for myself, then :3 Thanks Jason!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Sir Bastian: It is, though I would caution that not every attack can be combined without becoming godmodding. For instance, mind reader and a one hit KO. Obviously that would be a problem, right?

Here's the rule of thumb. Only priority attacks should be combo'd, such as quick attack, extremespeed, protect, etcetera. This is because they're so quick to deploy that they generally outspeed any pokemon hoping to interrupt the combo with an attack of their own. The exception to this is if the enemy pokemon is extremely slow compared to yours or paralyzed (Which would /make/ them extremely slow.)

In which case you can just wail on them with two attacks instead of one.

That's the fair way to go about it anyway.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Rafael p
Kangaskhan

Name: Zora Loa

Nickname Zola

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance:

Personality: She is a very sweet girl that loves Pokemon. Even though she is in the Suicune dorm doesn't man that she is all evil and stuff. Zora is also very charismatic to people that she knows. She's usually always very cheerful and upbeat and seems to be bit of a tomboy as well. One look at her and you couldn't tell that she was a part of the Suicune Dorm . She hates it when people call her out on her mistakes.
Zora often rebelled against her captors because of this guilt in favor of trying to redeem herself by helping someone, sometimes leading to her being a damsel in distress. Rebelling and constantly switching sides caused Zora's determination and drive to grow significantly. She almost never switches sides anymore but she still acts like a damsel in distress. She is also apparently very talented with her drawing. She sometimes falls in love easily. She can also get very hurt when she falls in love with the wrong person. She hopes that one day she will find the right guy.

History: Zora grew up in the Unova region even if she was alone. She was taken in when she was around 10 by a passing family that saw her by the trash crying and alone. They took he into their home and fed her well everyday. When she was eleven she went onto become a Pokemon trainer but as soon as she got her first pokemon her dad denied her and she wasn't able to go on her adventure. Then one day she snuck away and went off on her journey but failed horribly and her Pokemon was taken from her by team Plasma members. She fought efortlessly to get her pokemon back and evantually ended up getting hurt and that landed her in the hospital. When she finally got all better her parents went out to find the theif who stole her Pokemon but sadly only came back with one of the three of them. She then sent out on her journey again and saw the grunts that took her Pokemon got promoted to co-leaders. She battled them and got help from the Striaton town Gym leadrs and recovered her stolen Pokemon. She was finally happy again that is until she challenged the gym and lost to them. She felt really sad and even thought about returning her pokemon back into the wild but decided not to after seeing how happy she made them. She was looking through the newspaper n her 14th birthday and saw something about a trainer school run by Gary Oak from the Kanto Region. She was ecstatic because she could hone her skills and she finally got enough courage to apply and surprisingly she was accepted on her first try. She packed her bags and went to catch the boat to the academy.

Pokémon: Zorua
Species: Zorua
Nickname:ZZ
Personality: Happy and content with her trainer
Lvl: 10
Moves: Shadow ball, Aerial ace, Covet, Attract, Dark Pulse

Pokémon: Snorunt
Species: Snorunt
Nickname: Ice
Personality: Independent
Lvl: 15
Moves: Avalanche, Blizzard, Crunch, Shadow ball
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon_Trainer_2_by_Emeraldus.png.png‎ (221.9 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Rafael p; March 2nd, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

xD Why does almost everyone have a Zorua? Even my character, Kilik, has a Zorua!

~Dia+PS~
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Rafael p
Kangaskhan

Species: Pikachu
Lvl: 19
Moves: Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Quick attack, Electro ball, Thunder, Iron Tail.
Beat 2 npc trainer pokemon No new moves learned and yeaaa
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Announcement
It's time to move onto a new day. Make your next post count. In addition, here are the class lists. (Assigning them took longer than I thought. Characters sorted by dorms. All active OC teachers were assigned students.

Suicune Dorm
Valorie Ryder (PkMnTrainer Yellow) Self-Defense with Ashara Soleil Harris
Calnith Sol NeverWind (HunterZero) Mining 10, Fossil 101 with Byron
Ciel Vespera (Fuyu) Advanced General Expertise with N
Annalise Alouise Ashner (Lunateix) Training methods with Tyreal Wolf
Genevieve Marie Molyneux (~Genevieve~) Community and Vigilante Service with Hilda
Takumi Ryuuhiko (Bassiroth) Ancient Johto History with Elizabeth
Dominique Rousseau (roen52) Understanding Types, Interactions and Exceptional Strategy with Malcolm West
Katherine Woalf (Dragonkat) Self-Defense with Ashara Soleil Harris
Hiromu Sakura (Fujimori Tohru) Training methods with Tyreal Wolf
Byron MacTavish (The Immortal One) Pokemon Breeding with Veronica Elizabeth Jenkins
Daniel Sabrak (Sir Bastian) Community and Vigilante Service with Hilda

Entei Dorm
Skye Odell (Fuyu) Training methods with Tyreal Wolf
Dante Redson (Gold19) Mining 10, Fossil 101 with Byron
Maxwell Leggingsteele (Mr. Mammoth) Mining 10, Fossil 101 with Byron
Isaac Deladius (Jasonwolf) Pokemon Breeding with Veronica Elizabeth Jenkins
Kenshin Ren (Bassiroth) Pokemon Mythology with Bethesda Shrewsbury
Olivia Wolf (PkMnTrainer Yellow) Pokemon Breeding with Veronica Elizabeth Jenkins
Kilik Chambers (ShinyDiamond) Community and Vigilante Service with Hilda
Selene Evans (SelenaStar) Understanding Types, Interactions and Exceptional Strategy with Malcolm West
Rosalyn Rebecca Smith (~Genevieve~) Advanced General Expertise with N
Alice Crenshaw (Mick Fizz) Community and Vigilante Service with Hilda
Carter Marie Collens (Miley810) Training methods with Tyreal Wolf
Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny (PinkSapphire) Self-Defense with Ashara Soleil Harris

Raikou Dorm
Mark Willson (Megaman765) Community and Vigilante Service with Hilda
Vincent Xackford Luna (HunterZero) Self-Defense with Ashara Soleil Harris
Jason Monterio Basco (Darkgoalie) Pokemon Mythology with Bethesda Shrewsbury
Gen Valdrauth Esis (pokepokemo) Mining 10, Fossil 101 with Byron
James Eugene Vincent (Mick Fizz) Advanced General Expertise with N
Austin Louis Owens (Kiklion) Ancient Johto History with Elizabeth
Piccolo South (Kiyoshi the Polar Bear) Mining 10, Fossil 101 with Byron
Rafael Kyo (Rafael_P) Self-Defense with Ashara Soleil Harris
Oscar Lowell (Kid Mind) Community and Vigilante Service with Hilda
Lincoln West (Lincoln West) Pokemon Mythology with Bethesda Shrewsbury

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; February 24th, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:30 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Hey! Kilik has the same class with Daniel (Sir Bastian)! :D What a coincidence! Can't wait! I'll post tomorrow so I have more time.

~Dia+PS~
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Awh yeah, class with Killik \o/ I'm guessing community and vigilante is the rescue team kind of class.

I'll wait with posting until a couple others has as well, so I know kind of how to post xP
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
Mining? Well, seems like Maxwell will pay VERY close attention to what the teacher has to say. And by very close, I mean that he will probably sleep through the class. But hey! Jerkface Calith is also there! This'll be entertaining...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here