The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:07 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
The extra level for fainting still applies.
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Ok, thank you. I'll update my team as soon as Fuyu and I are done with our JP. :D

Here's my team levels, as promised. :D

Thyme (Snivy): level 18, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Bullet Seed, Secret Power, Attract, Growth (Inactive)
Duster (Minccino): level 20, Pound, Tickle, Helping Hand, Double Slap, Swift, Thundershock
Drizzle (Buizel): level 18, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit, Water Sport, Swift
Nova (Growlithe): level 23, Bite, Ember, Leer, Roar, Odor Sleuth, Flame Wheel
Bouncy (Igglybuff): level 4, Sing, Charm, Faint Attack,
Frost (Sneasel): level 17, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Screech, Faint Attack
Leena (Misdreavus): level 15, Psywave, Growl, Spite, Astonish, Confuse Ray

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )

Last edited by Nideous; September 14th, 2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Thank you. c: Now if everyone else could follow suit.
Old September 14th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Ciel's team-

Chika (Togetic) Level 20- Brick Break, Future Sight, Aerial Ace, Return, Magical Leaf, Shadow Ball
Kinko (Vulpix) Level 19-Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse (Dream World, if that's all right), Quick Attack, Dig, Energy Ball
Triac (Flaffy) Level 20- Thunderbolt, Rock Smash, Iron Tail, Tackle, Light Screen, Return

Skye's team

Ellie (Eevee) Level 18- Tackle, Shadow Ball, Dig, Flail, Iron Tail
Rama (Zorua) Level 20- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 24-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 17- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 15-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Growl

Old September 15th, 2011, 10:55 AM
chef30
Great Scott!!!

Nature: Jolly
Hi, may I join this?

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Hailey Alice Marks

Nickname (Optional): Hay, Ali, Mark.

Age (10-15): 14

Gender (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou Dorm. (If there are spots left for the Suicune or Entei Dorms, I'd like one of those, please.)

Appearance (A picture will do but describe what he/she wears otherwise and any other information):
Spoiler:
Hailey wears long black pants with a red and blue shirt with a black over-coat on. She has two pokeball bracelets around her wrist and a bandanna on her head. Her hair covers the bandanna until you can slightly see it. She has fingerless gloves on and black and white sneakers.

Personality (How does your character act? Do people enjoy being around you?: Hailey usually gets herself into big trouble with her parents and her teachers. Hailey is a laid-back kind of girl who is stubborn and tries to act cool. Hailey likes to follow in popular kids' footsteps and doesn't ofen express her true feelings. Hailey might insult other people just to make herself feel better, when Hailey knows it's wrong. Hailey perfers to be alone most of the time and will reject her best friends for popular kids.

Sometimes people usually asume that Hailey is a bully, and sometimes, they're right. Hailey doesn't ever punch or fight, though she does use harsh words. Hailey will often lie to people to get out of situations of any kind. Hailey will also blame other people if she has too. Although there are many bad things about her, inside she is kind and protective over people she loves. Though the only time she will show her inner personality is when nobody will know it is her. Though Hailey may not act like it, she loves to talk to people and make friends. Hailey is also very sarcastic.

History (Where did you grow up? Why you decided to go to the trainer school? Family? Etc..): When Hailey was born, her parents put her up for adoption at the orphanage because they didn't have enough food or money to take care of Hailey. Hailey spent two months at the orphanage. Shortly thereafter, she was adopted by an arregent family who only cared about themselves. Hailey's new parents never bother to talk to Hailey. All they do is complain. Hailey does not know she is adopted or that she ever had other parents.

Hailey has an older brother who always bullies her, and a younger brother who torments her. Sometimes her parents will get physical with Hailey if Hailey doesn't do what they want her to do. Hailey has always been hated by her new family. When Hailey was ten, she tried to run away. But her result was a fail. What happened after Hailey was caught is cruel. Hailey has a scarr on her back to prove that horrible day. Hailey never made any friends or had anybody that loved her. Hailey did find a friend though. It was a pokemon. A Pikachu named Sparks. Hailey has always hid it in a tree in her houses back yard where her parents would never find out...

Now Hailey has turned four-teen, and her parents forced her to take some sort of test to get her into a school called 'The Pokemon Trainer Acadamy. Hailey tried to do her best, but since her parents had never paid for her to go to school, Hailey barely knows anything school related. Hailey sent her test back to the Acadamy. Hailey was surprised when they even replied to her. She was even more surprised when they said she got in. But just barely. Hailey didn't care though. This was her ticket out of her parent's house. Hailey packed whatever she had and snuck her Pikachu onto the plane. Hailey was excited to begin a better life.

Pokémon (Up to 3 Maximum No Legendaries or Shinies or stage 3 Pokémon):
Species:
Nickname(Optional): Sparks
Personality: Sparks is a supportive Pikachu. Sparks has always followed it's trainers' commands. It is very nice and kind and optimistic.
Lvl(Max 20): 15
Moveset: Thunder Wave, Thunder Bolt, Dig, Quick Attack.

Thanks!
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:17 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

You're accepted, Chef30. Glad to have you. c:

Unfortunately, there was only one spot left and that was in Raikou dorm. ; Not to worry though. A humble dorm is no big deal.

In other news, I allow Valorie to be tortured too much. x3 The only reason I don't feel bad is because I'm not really trying very hard.
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:21 AM
chef30
Great Scott!!!

Okay, I'm happy to be in the Raikou Dorm. Hey, it's better than nothin

By the way, what is the school like? Are the dorms inside the School or are they set apart from it?
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Nideous

I've been operating under te premise that the dorms were at the school, but in seperate buildings around the campus. Though, I may be wrong.

Edit: I just realised I forgot to udate Quincy's team... Though after looking at the first page, that's how tough his team is. I guess I updated them earlier. *Shrugs.*

Old September 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Chef30: Let's see here... I suppose the school would best be described as a large area based near the water. (Keeping in mind that this is an island.) It's composed of a good handful of buildings not including the dorms that generally serve as places for students to take classes or in some cases a building may house most extra curricular things like battlefields or swimming pools (that usually sub as battlefields).

There are also battlefields that are outside within the campus.

The dorms are all separate from each other, and they are all separate buildings from the rest of the school. The quality of the rooms may vary ever so slightly between the three dorms.

In other news, I read through your first post and couldn't help but notice your character is at The Academy. The thing being that the rest of the school is on a boat headed towards Kanto for a field trip. Said boat is really big, for the record. I might suggest retconning that post and putting Hailey on the boat so that she can be with the others. Otherwise there's just a few teachers, local security and some troublemaker students left behind.

(Given, if you're inclined to have Hailey miss the field trip we could find something for her to do.)

Also, in most cases you will be placed into a class at the beginning of each IC day chosen by the GMs. (Me and Megaman765)

@Everyone: Looking back on things, I think perhaps this warrants me adding some extra info on locations around the island in the settings spoiler on the main page. This will be especially helpful regarding the school, nearby town, and dead forest.
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
chef30
Great Scott!!!

Thank you. I understand now. I'll go change my post right away.
Old September 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

My apologies for that not being clear. Hearing you ask these questions did make me realize that there was more I could improve on here. c:
Old September 16th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Nideous

Also, for all the new people here, if you're ever confused about who is doing what, you have only to ask, and I'll tell you, if I know.

Old September 16th, 2011, 10:42 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

This is why I nominated Nideous as the most helpful roleplayer around. |D

UPDATE: Anyway. I've updated the settings spoiler on the first page of the OOC with a description of all the various areas of the roleplay. I've also updated the note that used to only specify that this was a new OOC page to read that I'm personally accepting feedback on how to improve the roleplay.

Also, still waiting for a bunch of people to update their teams. Get the impression maybe they aren't really reading the OOC. May go bug them via VMs soon. xD

EDIT: I also removed the "Battlefields" spoiler and put the images formerly located there in a spoiler within the settings spoiler labeled "Images of the battlefields"

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; September 16th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old September 16th, 2011, 02:26 PM
SelenaStar
Who says you're not perfect?

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
Altaria (Blu) lvl. 40 - Safeguard, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Dragonbreath, Mirror Move, Aerial Ace
Lucario (Ri) lvl. 30 - Feint, Bone Rush, Earthquake, Aura Sphere, Foresight, Counter
Pikachu (Ryan) lvl. 43 - Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Feint, Quick Attack, Surf
Kingdra (Sharpay) lvl. 41 - Hydro Pump, Octazooka, Aurora Beam, Aqua Jet, Twister, Dragon Pulse
Pansear (Gordon) lvl. 30 - Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Yawn, Bite, Torment
Kadabra (Cat) lvl. 30 - Teleport, Psybeam, Reflect, Drain Punch, Miracle Eye, Light Screen

Last edited by SelenaStar; October 21st, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Thanks for updating your team, Selena. c:

I checked the main page and realized I hadn't put chef30 and her character on the various spoilers. |D The thing is I so remember doing that, and this isn't the first time this has happened. Same thing happened with Lunateix's character. I must be going crazy or somethin' xD

Regardless. I'm going to be updating the rules in the near future. Mostly clarification purposes and possibly separating the leveling mechanics from the rest of the rules. It shouldn't effect anyone's roleplaying experience. Yet, I will announce it and recommend people give it a passing look
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Nideous

That's cool. Also, you may want to kick Pikakip, as he hasn't posted in, like, forever. It would clear up another spot for someone that will actually post. :D

Old September 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

That's true. I'm currently redoing the rules a bit to add clarification on various things including inactivity, but I have noticed this and I will go see what's up with him before deciding what to do about 'im.
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Snype (sableye)- Lv. 29- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Taunt
Commodore (Porygon)- Lv. 24 -Psybeam, Conversion, Recover, Tackle, Charge beam, Agility
Len (Poliwag)- Lv. 23- Water Gun, Mind Reader, Body Slam, Hypnosis, Dig, Rain Dance
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 23 - Fury Cutter, Leech life, Double Team, Screech, Mind Reader, Sand Attack
Shedinja- Lv. 23 Fury Swipes, Harden, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch

My updated team, at least, this is what it'll be like after the Joint Post.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:31 PM
poke_fan21
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Name: Rafael Pemberton
Nickname; Ralfy
Dorm: Raikou Dorm
Appearance: Rafael always wears a dark blue shirt. He also wears long black jeans. He is around 5 feet tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. He loves wearing black shoes with white soles.
Personality: Rafael can be really sweet at times. He can also be really mean when mad. He is overall a nice person who sometimes acts weird when with any girl.

Sometimes he hangs out with students in his dorm.People out of his dorm usually avoid Rafael because of his dark side. He is also easily angered when people talk about his friends or family.
History: Rafael grew up in Viridian City until he heard about Team Rockets activities there. After that his mom and him moved to Pallet town while his dad stood in Viridian city to deal with Team Rocket activities until he got recruited. After that day Rafael became depressed.

He decided to go to the Trainer Academy so he can get strong enough to take down Team Rocket. Another reason he wants to go is so he can meet stronger trainers and beat them. Lastly he wants to go to the academy to get over his depression.

His family is a nice one to people. His mom stays at home all the time because she is pregnant. Against his will his dad is a part of Team Rocket. He has a 10 year old brother named Derek. That is his family for now anyway...

Pokémon
Species: Pikachu
Nickname: ChuChu:
PersonalityHe is very gentle and sweet:
Lv 15:
Movese Quick attack, Thundershock, Thunder, Volt tackle

Species: Dewott
Nickname: Dewey
Personality: He is calm and brave. He will take on any foe
Lvl: 16
Moveset: Razor shell, Water gun, Aqua tail, Aqua jet:

Species: Togepi
Nickname: Eggy
Personality: She is scared of all pokemon because she was just hatched.
Lvl: 5
Moveset: Metronome, Charm, Sweet kiss, Attract

( when a spot opens up )

Last edited by poke_fan21; September 17th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:10 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Alright. Pikapip had to be dropped due to inactivity.

EDIT: Due to a burst of foresight I added a rule that basically says "Guns do not exist in this roleplay". This is because I felt that they were potentially very harmful to the spirit of a pokemon roleplay. I also added a rule clarifying on the roleplay's rating. The rating explanation is purely for clarification and not aimed at anyone. ;

Quote:
• No guns. They generally kind of undermine the point of using pokemon and thus do not exist here. Explosives on the other hand are fair game...
• Rated T; That means things that go on here should be "suitable for more mature childen". This means that you should take care to avoid squick or smut, lest you get an upset VM from me asking you to chill out a bit. This also means that serious, serious injuries (as opposed to serious in comparison to pokemon) should be handled with a lot of delicacy if they are even played at all. In regards to romance... An effort should be made to keep it reasonably clean on a descriptive level. It should not take you several posts to detail a kiss, nor should it take you several post's worth to describe one.
Also, if you guys like, don't like something I'm doing or want something changed or something, feel free to talk to me about it. (If it's anything regarding a roleplayer, do it in PMs though. |D)

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; September 19th, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
SelenaStar
Who says you're not perfect?

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SelenaStar Send a message via Skype™ to SelenaStar
Hi all, just wanted to say sorrehsorrehsorreh for not posting in a couple of days. Work, university and life have been hectic and been majorly unwell today so haven't been able to post. But tomorrow I shall update and iiiits expo time!!
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
It's okay~ Real life does that. >< *looks at the workload she has had to do* Hope you feel better.

Old September 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Aquataris
Veteran Trainer.

Nature: Calm
May I reserve I just lost a good SU I'll rewrite it tomorrow.

Click on the this link and scroll to the bottom and there is the things that would be here
My RolePlays(GM of...):Dimensions Collide (Fail Remake of Dimension's End) [T] (Dead)
My PC Family:
My Little Sister: chef30!
My Lovely Pair Ex-Pair: RoleplayGirl11!
My Sister: DarkAngel
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:51 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Yes you may, Aquataris. Though, keep in mind that unfortunately the only open spot for a primary character is in Raikou dorm, not that it should matter too much.
Old September 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Aquataris
Veteran Trainer.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
Yes you may, Aquataris. Though, keep in mind that unfortunately the only open spot for a primary character is in Raikou dorm, not that it should matter too much.
That is not relevent due to me making a teacher... I'll get right on it unless you have something to say.

Scrap that I'm going to make a student.

Done!!
Spoiler:

Name Markus Stale

Nickname (Optional): Sake

Age (10-15): 10

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou

Appearance (A picture will do but describe what he/she wears otherwise and any other information):

Personality: Sake is a playful little person. He is energetic most of the time, but if you challenge him he won't give up. He is kind to people who help him and is well-mannered.

He is scared of darkness. He likes the colour grey. He gives of a joyful feeling into the air when he bounces into any room. He is also sweet when needed, very jokey and has a phobia of flying types. He has a kind of short temper.
He is not really a hard worker, and he easily understands and sympathizes with others. So he is not completely selfish. Also he likes pokémon very much.

History:
When he was 9 he ran into the tall grass and fell over and suddenly noticed an eevee after looking up. It nudged him. Sake looked up and saw the wild pokémon. It purred and prowled around him "Hey..." Sake felt a pang in his left leg. he rolled up his trousers and saw a cut. The eevee saw this.

It ran away and then a minute later a Chancy came in looking at the cut and then used its powers to heal the cut, this Chancy had a pattern of crosses representing that it was wild! The Eevee looked up at him. Sake remembered about the pokéball. He knew how they were used, yet he had never used a pokéball before. He decided to put the pokéball on the floor. He had the pokéball open. Sake was thinking he could be a trainer, he was thinking it would be nice to have an eevee as a companion. He was hoping, wishing really hard that he could capture the pokémon. The pokémon went over to it and was easily captured. Sake got up and took the pokéball and ran to the pokémon centre.

He gave his pokéball to the nurse and explained what happened.

"Strange indeed!" the nurse exclaimed.
She sat down and searched the pokédex.
"I have never seen this happen before... Maybe it just likes you." said the nurse.
He took the pokéball, he was pleased with himself and he got home where his mother and father were having a row, so he crept towards his best friend's house and explained all that had happened that day to his best friend John. Sake was so excited.

"Wow totally cool!" John said as he stroked Eevee.
"Return, mate." Sake said to his Eevee. He went home and then his mother sent him to bed for being late. The next morning, it was his 10th birthday. His mother and father had another row. His mother threw a chair at his father knocking him unconscious and most likely giving him a concussion, so in fear Sake ran down the road.

He ran over to the docks and he took whatever money his cousin gave him and bought a ticket for a boat and then an hour later he landed, he was pleased to be away from his home. He swiftly ran down the several twisty roads, he saw the academy and looked at his pokéball. “Yeah!” Sake exclaimed. He scampered in and enrolled. The course at the academy was just what he had always dreamed of.

Pokémon (Up to 3 Maximum No Legendaries or Shinies or stage 3 Pokémon):
Species: Eevee
Personality:
A playful little Pokémon. Who is energetic most of the time but if you challenge it, it wont give up, it is kind to people who help it and is well-mannered.
Lvl(Max 20): 10
Moveset: Tackle, Bite, Tail Whip, Quick attack

Click on the this link and scroll to the bottom and there is the things that would be here
My RolePlays(GM of...):Dimensions Collide (Fail Remake of Dimension's End) [T] (Dead)
My PC Family:
My Little Sister: chef30!
My Lovely Pair Ex-Pair: RoleplayGirl11!
My Sister: DarkAngel

Last edited by Aquataris; September 23rd, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links