Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 27th, 2012 (09:06 PM).
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
I use their products, but who says I support them?

Aaaaaanyways... I get that feeling too. I try not to make characters after myself but it's hard sometimes... They usually end up with at least one trait of mine.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 27th, 2012 (09:12 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
I think the only trait I added to Kilik is my need for attention. I wanna be part of the conversation of course.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old April 28th, 2012 (04:01 AM).
One cool snowman

Nature: Relaxed
@PinkSapphire: Oh, no I think you've got it wrong. Or maybe I was unspecific with what I meant? Doesn't matter. I don't live in the Netherlands, I just visited it as a part of an exchange project with my school. Normally I just live in the frigid but cool country of Sweden.
Old April 28th, 2012 (06:00 AM). Edited April 30th, 2012 by jasonwolf.
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
I can do everything other then the shading using mspaint. sprites infront of a real life scene would be np.

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Orion Riecher

Age (10-15): 15

Gender (Male or Female): male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Orion is a renegade. He never follows trends and always goes against the flow. He shows this very much so in his training. He never lets people change his mind even when it’s a bad idea in his own. If Orion puts his mind to it, it will be done. He also has imbued his pokemon with his stubborn attitude. They all refuse to surrender and are extremely hard to handle in a fight. Orion also gets a bad attitude when things get tense. Push him and he pushes back much much harder.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?):

Orion hails from the volcanic north of Hoenn. He spent his time amongst the dangerous and volatile lava pools exploring the depths of his own mind. He honed his mind in the extreme heat and taught himself to never give in. He traversed the lava tubes and caves and all the rest of the volcano to make himself strong in body. Finally He perfected his spirit by training pokemon. He became a force to be reckoned with in those hills, but still he knows he had much to learn. He can always improve his skills.

Orion once had an ominous meeting on the mountain top. When he was ten Orion ran away from home and camped on top of the volcano. For a ten year old it was an amazing feet, but for Orion it was nothing. He waited out the night only meters from the volcano’s center. When he returned the next day Orion spoke of hearing a voice from the volcano. It was a whispering voice that echoed in his head.

“Few dare approach yet you a child comes to me? To come here and feel no fear is a feet in itself, but to come here and do so in search of refuge is interesting. Have you ever need of the Earth’s hearth you will be welcomed.”

Orion had known the voice was really his own thoughts, but usually he kept them in check. Orion thought it odd, but more so oddly true. He always felt at home at the volcano. To call it home was only natural. There was a kind of warmth to it one that was even more welcoming then his own home. Though that wasn’t hard. An only child without a mother or father living in a cramped orphanage. His mother was dead because of his father. They rushed into a relationship, and out right ignored the risks. After getting Orion’s mother pregnant he left. They knew the risks, but he didn’t stand by her. She was only a teen herself when she gave birth to him. Orion was brought into the world as his mother left it. She only had enough time to look out the window up at the night sky and see the constellation Orion floating over head before she died. Orion’s father wasn’t around for him either he was in jail for what he did to Orion’s mother. So all alone Orion wasn’t inclined to call anywhere home, but he did call the volcano that. With his pokemon as his only family and no where to call home Orion set out for the academy.

Well there was also a girl… An old friend of Orion who had gone to the academy. With her there and him where he was he had even more reason to go. Her name, Sarah Tylers.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.): darker coloration
Species: Charmeleon
Nickname(Optional): Jakio
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Jakio shares Orion’s stubborn and aggressive attitude. He is almost exactly like him. Only Jakio has a bit more self-control in a fight.
Lvl(Max 20): 20
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): flamethrower, metal claw, dragon claw, hone claws, crunch, rock slide

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Electabuzz
Nickname(Optional): Turbine
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): a steady pokemon who spends a lot of time charging himself up. His practice of self improvement helps Orion keep working to better himself.
Lvl(Max 20): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): thunder punch, charge, fire punch, ice punch, rolling kick, leer
Old April 28th, 2012 (02:59 PM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Mr mammooth- awwwwwww xD sorry i guess i misunderstood then :3 sweden is cool too
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 28th, 2012 (07:57 PM).
One cool snowman

@PinkSapphire: Yes, Sweden is pretty cool. Y'see wut I did thar? *derpface*
Old April 28th, 2012 (08:56 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Mr. Mammoth-That's right you don't blame America! I am from America!

~Dia+PS~
Old April 28th, 2012 (10:05 PM).
One cool snowman

@ShinyDiamond: Oh, I see. This has turned out to be an interesting reveal... Now what if I told you that there exsits no such things as countries?! What if we're just part of a program designed by aliens so they can harvest us later?! And what if, I'm tired from not having gotten any sleep this night due to extensive over-sleeping earlier as well as common blergh-ness?!
Old April 28th, 2012 (11:16 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Mr. Mammoth-I'm...I have an errand to run. ._. Yeah, an important errand. *runs away*

~Dia+PS~
Old April 29th, 2012 (02:19 AM).
One cool snowman

@ShinyDiamond: Well... That's too bad. I would've loved it if you had stayed so that I could explain the metabolism of a Moomin troll.
Old April 29th, 2012 (02:39 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Mr. Mamooth: LOL dontchu worry, i troll him almost every day xD right SD? Muahahahahahah *trying to be a creep* ...... *fails*
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 29th, 2012 (02:46 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@Jasonwolf: We both looked the app over and the immediate problem is that the appearance field is left blank. A visual image of a character, text or otherwise, is extremely important to the presentation of a character.
Old April 29th, 2012 (03:09 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

how does that keep happening. everytime i try and show a pic it doesn't show you for you guys. I remember this happening before when I submited Jason's app.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6414&pictureid=59667

Is this working? because for me it is.
Old April 29th, 2012 (03:14 PM).
Greatness = Working Hard

@Jasonwolf I don't think you can have a lvl 17 electabuzz especially since elekid evolves at lvl 35. Just pointing that out to you.
Old April 29th, 2012 (04:03 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Jasonwolf: No. Try using a /normal/ uploading service, like http://imgur.com/ or http://imageshack.us/ |D

Also Elekid evolves at level 30, but underleveled Electabuzz aren't exactly special as a result of the whole baby pokemon from a future generation deal, so I personally have no comment on it.
Old April 29th, 2012 (04:11 PM).
The Shadow Chronicler

how about that?
Old April 29th, 2012 (04:15 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by jasonwolf:

how about that?
:\ Why does that appearance look familiar...?

~Dia+PS~
Old April 29th, 2012 (04:56 PM).
Greatness = Working Hard

I don't know but it is a picture you can find on google, maybe thats why.
Old April 29th, 2012 (05:17 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

:\ Hmm... Somehow, it vaguely reminds me of a vampire.

~Dia+PS~
Old April 29th, 2012 (05:40 PM). Edited April 29th, 2012 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

....That's nice. o_o;

Anyway, Jasonwolf I think we're going to approve you. REDACTED!
...Y'know, I uh-... I hate to deny you after all this wait time, but on second thought there are some serious issues with the flow of this character's history. You seem to keep just about everything interesting about him a secret, and that's a problem because your definition of a cool history might bother other RPers--So I need to know, either here or in PMs. Whichever, but I need to know so that I don't waltz in one day to people upset.
Old April 30th, 2012 (02:45 AM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Hi, I've been looking for Drake's SU, so I ca get his team stored away, and it doesn't seem to be on the main page, and I lost it in all the pages since then. Would it be possible for you to send me his team, their levels and moves?

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old April 30th, 2012 (04:43 AM).
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm

Maybe not exactly like Kiyoko, but it is pretty close.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 30th, 2012 (05:54 AM).
The Shadow Chronicler

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
....That's nice. o_o;

Anyway, Jasonwolf I think we're going to approve you. REDACTED!
...Y'know, I uh-... I hate to deny you after all this wait time, but on second thought there are some serious issues with the flow of this character's history. You seem to keep just about everything interesting about him a secret, and that's a problem because your definition of a cool history might bother other RPers--So I need to know, either here or in PMs. Whichever, but I need to know so that I don't waltz in one day to people upset.
ok so what specifically would you like to know? I could spend a lot of time explaining anything if I needed to. The biggest one that isn't actually a spoiler is the whispering voice. It was just thata whispering voice in a dream. Nothing more then him realizing that the volcano was the closest thing he had to the home. (although when i wrote it I was thinking I'd ask if at some point I could have him meet an Entei, but that seemed like more then I could ask for.)
Old April 30th, 2012 (07:06 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Zerin:

Maybe not exactly like Kiyoko, but it is pretty close.
He looks cute~ Glad to see what his human appearance is, especially his hair! Saved the image on to my phone so I can look at it all the time!

~Dia+PS~
Old April 30th, 2012 (07:47 AM).
Crystal Tier

@Nideous: "Draco" is on Page 1 of the Player Profile / SUs section, listed and searchable as "Drake Finnegin". But he's also here, because I totally retrieved him for you while I was at it.

Drake Finnegin
Spoiler:
Sign-Up
Spoiler:
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Drake Finnegin

Nickname (Optional): Draco

Age (18+): 19

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Job(What subject do they teach? Battle Theory, Breeding 101, etc): Draco is not a teacher, he is the daycare man of Oak Island.

Drake is the Daycare man. He raises pokemon that are left with him and cares for any eggs he finds until the owner comes to pick it up.

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

Drake is a tall man. He looks even taller, because he is never slouching and always standing tall. His blonde hair is so light colored that it is nearly white, and grows incredibly straight and hangs over his face and to the base of his neck. He has light green eyes that hold an arrogant, somewhat majestic air. He generally wears a drab, dark green color, reminesent of what Dragon Tamers wear, only without the cape. He holds himself with pride, and looks as if he would be at home with a crown on his head.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Drake is a cocky, self assured man, and has no problems expressing himself. He is friendly, in an arrogant, superior way, and always thinks he is the best at what he does. His pride is emmense, and can be damaged easily, but he usually acts like it doesn't bug him until he's alone or with his pokemon. He is very boastful about his achievements, his pokemon, and anything he is proud of doing.

However, Drake can also be somewhat of a downer. He loses his confidence in himself fairly easily, and does not recover from that fast. He is somewhat of a flirt, but has been trying to keep that side of him under control. He has a great love of dragon pokemon, and is a very skilled breeder of them as well, though he hasn't battled in years.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What was he/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]pokemon[/COLOR][/COLOR]? Etcetera): 10 lines minimum

Drake was born in Blackthorn City, the home of the Dragon Masters of Johto. He was good friends with Clair, as well as Lance, and was raised to be a Dragon Tamer as they were. He exhibited spectacular skill with his Dratini, though not as much as Lance. When Lance was the Gym Leader of the gym, Drake became one of the powerful Gym Trainers. However, Lance went on his own journey, and became the Champion of Kanto and Johto. Drake took over for him as Gym Leader and held the position for a few years.However, he wanted to be more than a ym leader. He wanted to defeat Lance and prove that he was the better Dragon Tamer. So, he set out on his own, entrusting the gym to Clair.

He journeyed through Johto, collecting badges with incredible speed and made his way to the Indigo Plateau. He had an incredible battle with Lance, and nearly deafeated him, but ended up losing. Lance was without a doubt the better Dragon Master, so Drake went back to training.

A few years later, he traveled to Sinnoh to try his hand in a new region. Along his journey, he met the only person that he truly fell for. During that time, her abrasiveness and his arrogant pride rubbed each other the wrong way, and he was too stubborn to grow up, and they had a falling out that ended in another spectacular battle. Afterwards, they went their seperate ways, but the bitterness built and built. They were both after the same goal, and he was always trying to one up her. Eventually, they met again in the Sinnoh Championships. After a fierce battle, Drake emerged the loser. After that, he lost all confidence in himself as a trainer and turned to his other interest, caring for and raising pokemon. He returned to Kanto and began working in the Daycare Center, eventually becoming the manager and running it by himself.

Lance tracked him down, and saw what he was like. Thinking that it might help his friend, he persuaded Professor Oak to hire Drake as the Daycare Man of Oak island. The reason for this was twofold, Drake was an incredibly talented Daycare Man, and his famous persona would fit right in with the other staff, after all, how many people can trump the Elite Four in not one but two regions. And, being around young, confident trainers might inspire the former Dragon Tamer to return to his roots of training and battling. It might help to restore his confidence in his battling style.

Team
Flygon
Nickname: Killita
Lvl: 47
Moveset:
Dragon Breath, Earthquake, Crunch, Hyper Beam, Dragon Dance, Ice Beam, Fire Blast

Dragonaire
Nickname: Rena
Lvl: 46
Moveset:
Surf, Twister, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Icy Wind, Aerial Ace

Salamance
Nickname: Zeal
Lvl: 49
Moveset:
Dragon Claw, Zen Headbutt, Draco-meteor, Metal Claw, Flamethrower, Protect

Gabite
Nickname: Maris
Lvl: 43
Moveset:
Dragon Rush, Slash, Dig, Double Team, Fury Cutter, Dragon Claw

Axew
Nickname: Axy
Lvl: 21
Moveset:
Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, Scratch, Leer, Secret Power

@Jasonwolf: All right... Well first of all, it's not clear why Orion went to the volcano, and how he explored an active volcano safely. I mean wouldn't 'lava tubes' generally imply that they contain lava? Yet he walks through them... You also say that Orion's mother died giving birth to him, but later seem to suggest that his father was the cause. This is left completely unexplained..? Lastly, Sarah Tylers is left completely unexplained past her being one of the reasons he has come to the academy.

Sponsored Links