The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2012 (12:30 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@Meganium90: Classes are held at the beginning of each day, all at the same time. All RPer controlled teachers always get at least 1 RPer controlled student (Usually more). There are totally teachers posting right now, but there are less teacher than students by a large margin.
Old May 11th, 2012 (01:24 PM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
@PkMnTrainer Yellow: this is a bit un-ethical, but could I go back and change where Jason is staying? I thought of something that could go a bit better, and I'm just wonderng if I could take a shortcut, and replace his old living arrangement witht he new one. Or would you rather I find a way to transfer from the old to the new one?
Old May 11th, 2012 (01:26 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Jasonwolf: Er... alright. I somehow doubt anyone will mind...
Old May 11th, 2012 (01:51 PM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

I was just asking. i mean I get that I don't have any really popular or crucial character, but I do prefer checking just in case. Think of it this way. A lot more screw up happens when you don't ask then when you do.
Old May 11th, 2012 (02:22 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Jasonwolf: You may not think your character is important, but when it comes time for the finale I'll let you in on a little secret...

I had an important character once. I turned her into a smeargle and had her get caught by the closest thing she had to a nemesis. ๏_๏

...Hah, no. That's totally 100% true, (MacKenzie, for those of you that remember her.) but it's not the secret.

The secret is that I'm not /completely/ unaware of what goes on and that when the plot finally starts reaching it's endpoint, the finale, it will be custom tailored... for /you/. For all of you, based on what your characters do and accomplish during their stay at the academy.

If that sounds like I'll be doing an insane amount of work, that's because I will, but it's the only truly appropriate ending for a sandbox RP~

That's the only spoilers you get though. /wink
Old May 11th, 2012 (02:54 PM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Jasonwolf: You may not think your character is important, but when it comes time for the finale I'll let you in on a little secret...

I had an important character once. I turned her into a smeargle and had her get caught by the closest thing she had to a nemesis. ๏_๏

...Hah, no. That's totally 100% true, (MacKenzie, for those of you that remember her.) but it's not the secret.

The secret is that I'm not /completely/ unaware of what goes on and that when the plot finally starts reaching it's endpoint, the finale, it will be custom tailored... for /you/. For all of you, based on what your characters do and accomplish during their stay at the academy.

If that sounds like I'll be doing an insane amount of work, that's because I will, but it's the only truly appropriate ending for a sandbox RP~

That's the only spoilers you get though. /wink
Ooh, does that mean an ending for little Kiyoko as well?

Old May 11th, 2012 (02:57 PM).
Reader_Maniac
Psyduck

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
there are classes just they've mostly ended for the day. I used to have a teacher, but instead he now does a club.

Speaking of which...

Don't forget Advanced training club starts at 2:30! all students are welcome. minimum of one pokemon with you. Meeting in room 144.
So, could my character jump in now for the club(being a new student). If he can, my character would go.
Old May 11th, 2012 (03:05 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Akio: You bet. Everyone gets an ending.
Old May 11th, 2012 (03:09 PM).
Dusk

Quote:
Woo~!

Although, with Kat inactive/possibly gone, that might tear out the little Star&Zo love story.

On a random note, your spriting on those character team pictures are really good. Did you make them by pixel or did you shrink down pictures or something?

Old May 11th, 2012 (03:16 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Woot~ That means Kilik will finally learn how to hone his skills! Though I hope this RP doesn't end so soon.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 11th, 2012 (03:26 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Akio: Which sprites? I put different amounts of work into different sprites. The two humans in the picture used in-game pokemon sprites as bases, and I upscaled them / downscaled them as necessary. It should be fairly obvious whom they're based on, however a lot of work was put into hand crafting them into what they are now. Each one of them took many, many hours of work.

The sprites of the pokemon are in most cases just the black white sprites. I used the scaling tool in GIMP to give the illusion of them being in front of / behind eachother and for making Dragonite appropriately large. I then used the perspective tool to make it so that they looked as if they were being viewed at an angle in many cases, further giving the illusion of depth in the flat image.

The two exceptions are Dragonite's sprite and Gengar's sprite. Dragonite's sprite is a custom dragonite sprite I took from the web, and Gengar's sprite is revamp of Yellow Version's Gengar sprite, which I took from the web and edited myself to make it look closer to the original.

Compare the original to the revamp and you should see the clear resemblance. The gengar sprite was of course upscaled heavily in my signature.

Old May 11th, 2012 (05:34 PM).
Rafael p
Kangaskhan

Quote:

Yayy. Hope the end doesn't come to soon though..
Old May 11th, 2012 (05:39 PM).
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Yeah, I just got here. xP

@RHCP - Chris is heading to the Oak Town Pokemon Center. Maybe Xylo could meet him there... And somewhat bump him when exiting the Center... How's that sound?

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old May 11th, 2012 (06:44 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@Akio- if it's okay and Kat goes completly Inactive forever maybe Ruby could adopt Star? It indeed would tear Star&Kiyoko's Love story.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 11th, 2012 (09:52 PM).
Dusk

Hm... Not really sure... It sucks when you don't get a warning or reason for absence. Meanwhile, I'm working on my huge E&S post... So I'm distracted at the moment.

EDIT:

NOTICE!!

You may all (as a sign of respect) call me "Akio-san".

Old May 11th, 2012 (10:09 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Rafael P: Oh no. It'll be quite a while before the RP /ends/. x3

@PinkSapphire: Iiii'm not sure DragonKat would be happy with someone taking her character's pokemon actually.

@Akio: DragonKat is currently inactive without an excuse. I recommend you all move on with as little bunnying as you can manage while still, y'know, /moving on/.

Also, we use less arbitrary methods of showing respect in English~ Like shaking hands, and treating people with kindness and forgiving them for their faults. *Sagenod*

I ain't just gonna say "I respect you as an equal" repeatedly after your name. See how awkward, arbitrary, and hollow that sounds? x3
Old May 11th, 2012 (10:34 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
Woot~ That means Kilik will finally learn how to hone his skills! Though I hope this RP doesn't end so soon.
Yellow-Did you not really read my post? -___- I clearly said the samething Rafael P said! I feel totally ignored right now, so thanks a lot...

~Dia+PS~
Old May 11th, 2012 (11:24 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Yellow- i know, but i ment when DragonKat goes inactive forever, like that she comes telling us that she leaves the RP, i won't adopt her Pokemon without HER permission.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 12th, 2012 (05:41 AM).
Dusk

Quote:
@Akio: DragonKat is currently inactive without an excuse. I recommend you all move on with as little bunnying as you can manage while still, y'know, /moving on/.

Also, we use less arbitrary methods of showing respect in English~ Like shaking hands, and treating people with kindness and forgiving them for their faults. *Sagenod*

I ain't just gonna say "I respect you as an equal" repeatedly after your name. See how awkward, arbitrary, and hollow that sounds? x3
I guess I'll have to send Kiyoko back to N and Zoroark.

XD I can actually picture someone doing that - "Oh, hello I Respect You As An Equal Akio!

Though in actuality ~san is only a name suffix that adds a polite nature as well as a respectful one. Its the equivalent of Americans calling each other "Mr." and "Ms." and "Mrs."... "Miss" "Madam" "Sir" etc.

If you went about it like that, "Mrs. Sue" would actually be "I Understand That You Are Married Or Were Previously Married Sue."

Here's the three most common name suffixes (at least mostly used in the U.S.):

~SAN
Spoiler:
San
San (さん?) (sometimes pronounced han (はん?) in Kansai dialect), derived from sama (see below), is the most commonplace honorific, and is a title of respect typically used between equals of any age. Although the closest analog in English are the honorifics "Mr.", "Miss", "Mrs.", or "Ms.", san is almost universally added to a person's name, in both formal and informal contexts. However, in addition to being used with people's names, it is also employed in a variety of other ways.
San may be used in combination with workplace nouns, so a bookseller might be addressed or referred to as honya-san ("bookstore" + san), and a butcher as nikuya-san ("butcher shop" + san).
San is sometimes used with company names. For example, the offices or shop of a company called Kojima Denki might be referred to as "Kojima Denki-san" by another nearby company. This may be seen on small maps often used in phone books and business cards in Japan, where the names of surrounding companies are written using san.
San can also be attached to the names of animals or even inanimate objects. For example, a pet rabbit might be called usagi-san, and fish used for cooking can be referred to as sakana-san. Both uses would be considered childish (akin to "Mr. Rabbit" in English) and would be avoided in formal speech. Even married people often refer to their spouse with san.
Online, Japanese gamers often append a numeral 3 to another player's name to denote san (e.g. Taro3 conveys Taro-san), since the number three, written 三 (さん, san) in Japanese, is pronounced "san".
"San" can also be used in conjunction with nii or onii. Nii or nii-san is a shorter way of saying onii-san. It means older brother. It is more respectful to say onii-san or nii-san when speaking to your elder brother, than by calling them by their name.[1]

~CHAN
Spoiler:
Chan
Chan (ちゃん?) is a diminutive suffix; it expresses that the speaker finds a person endearing. In general, chan is used, but is not limited to, babies, young children, grandparents and teenage girls. It may also be used towards cute animals, lovers, close friends, any youthful woman, or even between friends. It can be used for males in some circumstances, but in general this use is rather condescending or intimate. Using chan with a superior's name is considered to be condescending and rude.
Although traditionally honorifics are not applied to oneself, some young women adopt the childish affectation of referring to themselves in the third person using chan (childish because it suggests that one has not learned to distinguish between names used for self and names used by others). For example, a young woman named Kanako might call herself Kanako-chan rather than using a first person pronoun. Also, the very common female name suffix -ko (〜子) may be dropped, as in Kana-chan.

~KUN
Spoiler:
Kun
Kun (君【くん】?) is used by persons of senior status in addressing or referring to those of junior status, or by anyone when addressing or referring to male children or male teenagers. It can also be used by females when addressing a male that they are emotionally attached to or have known for a long period of time. Although kun is generally used for boys, that is not a hard rule. For example, kun can be used to name a close personal friend or family member of either gender. Also, in business settings, young female employees may also be addressed as kun by older males of senior status. It can also be used by male teachers addressing their female students.
In the Diet of Japan (Legislature), chairpersons use kun when addressing diet members and ministers. An exception was when Takako Doi was the chairperson of the lower house: she used the san title.

Soooo.... I suppose good enough of friends may call me Akio-kun.

Old May 12th, 2012 (07:10 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

CHANGES BY ROXAS JADEN ASAKURA

i found an appearence that suits him better so here's the picture:

Roxas Jaden Asakura:
Spoiler:

if yellow would change that in my SU she added to the list i would be thankful C;
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 12th, 2012 (07:21 AM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Okay so, I'm going to start having my teacher character (Megan Sandoval) begin her Grass/Bug Expertise class in her next post. So, if anyone would like to join her class, is welcome to do so! I'm having Danielle go in this as well.

Ever think that you could lose your mind, could it be the big d r e a m you'll find.
No more waiting cause it's almost time, everything is gonna be a l r i g h t.
moderator of fan clubs & groups ~ paired to buoysel & kanzler
Old May 12th, 2012 (09:40 AM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

@ reader: yeah feel free to come.

@meganium: generally as a teacher you are assigned students every morning. Since todays classes have mostly concluded I think you'd be a bit late for, but obviously this is yellows call since she is the one who organizes things.
Old May 12th, 2012 (09:52 AM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

@Akio-kun: :3 I shall call you Akio-kun from now on then! I really wish Dragonkat wouldn't go inactive.

@PS: Samething I said about Dragonkat to Akio-kun. xD Roxas' appearance looks better!

EDIT: I should be able to post again to catch a Shinx, maybe after I finish working for the day soon. First day on the job in less than an hour!

~Dia+PS~
Old May 12th, 2012 (10:02 AM).
Kid Mind
In SPACE!

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Kid Mind Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kid Mind
@Meganium: My character would really like to attend Grass/Bug Expertise class, but as jasonwolf pointed out, I think you have to wait for the next day IC.
Old May 12th, 2012 (10:03 AM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
@ reader: yeah feel free to come.

@meganium: generally as a teacher you are assigned students every morning. Since todays classes have mostly concluded I think you'd be a bit late for, but obviously this is yellows call since she is the one who organizes things.
Yeah I know it's the beginning of the day, I don't plan to post as a teacher till the next day. I'm still trying to figure out what to do next. I'll just have her explore the city a bit and maybe engage in a few practice battles with the others?

For Danielle, however, I had her reveal that she does have a class with Megan, so...guess she won't go to the class till it actually starts. xD

Ever think that you could lose your mind, could it be the big d r e a m you'll find.
No more waiting cause it's almost time, everything is gonna be a l r i g h t.
moderator of fan clubs & groups ~ paired to buoysel & kanzler
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links