Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which version will you play?
TurquoiseBlue 40 61.54%
NavyBlue 25 38.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 1st, 2014 (1:31 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2014 by Omonox.
Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Omonox

Updates: (July 30, 2014)
Over 10,000 People have seen this thread! Let's hope 10,000 will play the games on August 1st!

PLEASE TURN BATTLE SCENE OFF, OR SPRITES WILL BECOME DEFORMED!!!!!

Intro
Spoiler:
Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue are two different versions that have you explore a brand new region and 175 fakemon. There will be cool new Fakemon to catch as well as some old ones. You'll find new moves and new type combinations to make battling more interesting. Many 4th/5th gen moves can taught in the two games. Many new cool locations will be in the games. Explore icy caves, forests, caves, mountains, cycling roads and more. 175 brand new Pokemon, some inspired from old ones, and others completely new. Each version will have exclusive Pokemon and some exclusive areas and trainers. The goal of these two games is to bring new Pokemon to those who are bored of playing with the same ones to bring new strategies!

Tiles and Sprites
Spoiler:
I've decided to make my own tiles BUT they do not look good compared to other hackers work. My goal is to make the art style blend in with the fakemon by making it look paintish and plain looking. Everything is square too. Anyway, if for some reason you wish to use these tiles, go right ahead.

Changes from Alpha 0.9 to Beta 1.0
Spoiler:
-3 Gyms instead of 1
-Pokedex Event Fixed
-No Walls can be walked through
-New Fakemon
-New Towns & Routes
-New Caves & Forests
Alpha 0.9 came out July 9, 2014
Beta 1.0 comes out August 1, 2014

Gameplay Differences
Spoiler:
A few changes to the type chart to make things more balanced.
Poison is now super effective against Dark.
Steel is now super effective against Dragon.
Bug now does neutral damage to Fighting.
Ghost now does neutral damage to Steel.
Dark now does neutral damage to Steel.

Version Differences
Spoiler:
The plot will be different for each version. The legendary pokemon will be different, some towns and trainers too. Here is a list of some pokemon exclusives so far

Story
Spoiler:
Two different version where you can discover the Larmog Region. A beautiful region split into two areas divided by the Larmogian Sea. There's a lot to do and many legends in the region. 3,000 years ago, the 35th and final King of Larmog wanted to improve the kingdom by awakening a legendary Pokemon. When he did they became friends but that king realized the pokemon had much more potential. He decided to use his Pokemon for his own selfishness. Then another legendary Pokemon came who decided to fight against him and the two legendaries fought. The whole castle was destroyed and all of the region was too. When the region was rebuilt, people decided Pokemon are very strong. After the first fight, many people decided to battle with Pokemon. Before that, Pokemon were just used as servants, but now they fought in battle. However few people know that the king was saved by the legendary pokemon right before the castle fell, and he has been alive ever since looking for that pokemon to befriend once again. Fast forward 3,000 years and you are 12 years old. You live with your dad, the professor, your mom, and your twin brother. you both get a starter and head off to explore Larmog. But along the way you'll encounter that king who wants to now revive the legendary and go back in time so his castle will never fall, which will end all Pokemon Battles. Will you stop him? You'll have to befriend the other legendary and travel Larmog to find out.

Screenshots that are newer
Spoiler:
The beta is now going to end at Route 4 just past Starlight City (home of the third gym). That means lots of new Pokemon never before seen with 2 extra routes, a bridge, another city and another gym. Here are some of the screenshots.

July 24, 2014

(Older Screenshots)

Screenshots
Spoiler:

The titlescreen of NavyBlue!

Your dad, the Professor gives his introduction

Outside of your house

Time to get a starter Pokemon!

your first battle!

the bridge of route 3

Typical cave pokemon in the Larmog Region

You can find pokemon in puddles too.

Outside of a gym

A mysterious garden where you can walk on the hedges.

A forest near the edd of the beta

I wish I had surf to get that item....

A fight against a trainer.

Walkthrough
Credit to SuperChespinX for making the awesome walkthrough.
Part 1 (Spring Town, Route 1, Shasur Town, Route 2, Tolan City, Garden of Dreams)[/U]
Part 2 (Route 3, Fwalcan City)

Things that will be in Beta 1
Spoiler:
At least 60 Fakemon completely finished.
6 Route areas
6 Cities
3 Gyms to Fight
1 Rival Battle
2-3 Boss Battles
Many Grunts and Trainers to Fight
1 Cave
1 Forest
Custom Player OW
Custom Rival OW

Characters
Spoiler:

Player
You are a nice and kind boy or girl. You always liked helping your father when you grew up and you can't wait to complete the pokedex.

Rival
Your rival has always been competitive with you since he is your twin. He always is trying to be better and is usually ahead of you or making fun of you. Your father gets annoyed by him a lot because he never helps and he gets into trouble a lot.

PROF OAK'S SPRITE HAS NOT BEEN EDITED YET.

The Larmog Region!
Not really a character, but it's where all the characters are. Larmog is located very far away from other regions and is very unique. There's some areas with oceans, areas with mountains and even a desert. You'll even go trhough forests and huge cities all in the Larmog Region.

The purple box shows what part of the game will be in the current beta. THIS IS NOT A IN GAME MAP

Bugs
So Far there are quite a few bugs. If you find anymore, please report it to me.
-TurquoiseBlue has messed up titlescreen
-Movement perimissions on Sea-Sky Bridge
-Tile Errors
-Ace's first sprite isn't the correct sprite.'
-MAJOR SPRITE ERROR. PLEASE TURN BATTLE SCENE OFF TO AVOID GLITCHES.

Progress
Maps-20%
Sprites-0%
Fakemon-30%

Downloads
Originally May 23rd, then June 13th, then June 20th, then June 23rd, and now late July. But the first Alpha is out for NavyBlue version so enjoy the excuse for an alpha,
Alphas
Alpha 0.9 (NavyBlue)
July 9-July 31

Betas
Beta 1.0 (NavyBlue) Aug 1-
Beta 1.0 (TurqBlue) Aug 1-

Fan Art
So far there isn't any art, but that can change. Be creative and submit your fan art via pm.

Credits
Spoiler:
Omonox made almost all of the ideas for the fakemon.....a long time ago. Just now I actually decided to make them legit. I also made a lot of the maps, characters and the story.

IncognitoJellyfish101 has helped a lot too by making a bunch of sprites, characters, maps and the menu icon sprites. This project would not be possible without him as he is editing this hack almost daily.

Smeargle Although Smeargle did not actually edit the hack, he helped me a lot with how to make better sprites and also made tutorials to help me.

Nakasu Beta Tester

tyler1616 Beta Tester

Aslief Beta Tester

Gold1310 Beta Tester

psp4life
Beta Tester

SuperChespinX Super Chespin helped make a walkthrough for the horrible alpha and has been supporting the hack for a long time.

Programs Used
Spoiler:
Advance Map-It gets the job done for maps
YAPE-A must have for editing fakemon stats.
NSE-Great sprite editor and I would definatly say it is the best sprite editor.
Advance Trainer-Great for editing trainers. Definatly important.
Adance Text-I script most of my text but this definatly helped for longer sections of text.
UNLZ-I used this to edit the badges, titlescreen sprite, and some items.
APE-Probably the best tool for editing palettes. Worked great for titlescreen editing.
Attack Editor Pro-Great for editing moves and easy to find moves.
Item Editor-Perfect for editing descriptions of text for items and their names.
Advance Position Editor-An AMAZING tool. Helped me edit positions of sprites I screwed up on.

Timeline
December 1, 2012-First Fakemon Sketch
December 15, 2013-First Day of Hacking
April 1, 2014-Thread Created
April 20, 2014-Over 25 Replies
May 20, 2014-Over 50 Replies
July 9, 2014-First Release of the Game
July 30, 2014-Over 10,000 People have seen the hack!
August 1, 2014-First Beta Released!
August 2, 2014-Over 75 Replies

Support
Please show your support by putting at least one of these support banners in your signature. Thanks.

On August 1st, discover a whole new world of Pokemon!

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 3rd, 2014 (5:58 PM).
Silver Tier

I'll be updating these screenshots a lot. I have a lot more sprites and maps to make so keep in mind, nothing is final yet.

Old April 3rd, 2014 (9:39 PM).

bro i hate to say it but fakemons looks ugly its looking like tile boxes.try to make it look like close to real life animals or pokemons i dont know how hard that is.but aside from fakemons everything is great story is cool.
Old April 3rd, 2014 (9:52 PM).
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
First of all... The Fakemon need work like no offense but you should try practicing your skills on that I suggest you look up some tutorials... I also see your mapping skills need work, and the story sounds typical but I would like to see what you will implement on it Im glad to see your making this hack on your own well other than that nothing much to say but the best of luck
Old April 3rd, 2014 (10:49 PM).
Illusory

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Smeargle

7 years ago I was in a situation similar. I posted an image I made that people didn't quite like, but I didn't know how I could fix it. I'll never forget the person who revamped my image and showed me my first pixel art tutorial.

Now my style isn't pokemon-like but hopefully It might give you an idea on shading and shaping.
Here is a revamp I made in a few minutes, I left in my progress so you could see how it works.

Here is an excellent tutorial as well http://www.deviantart.com/?q=pixel+art+tutorial, It wasn't my first tutorial but it should give you a good understanding. I hope I might have helped, and I wish your hack the best of luck.
Old April 4th, 2014 (3:27 AM). Edited April 4th, 2014 by Omonox.
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeargle View Post

7 years ago I was in a situation similar. I posted an image I made that people didn't quite like, but I didn't know how I could fix it. I'll never forget the person who revamped my image and showed me my first pixel art tutorial.

Now my style isn't pokemon-like but hopefully It might give you an idea on shading and shaping.
Here is a revamp I made in a few minutes, I left in my progress so you could see how it works.

Here is an excellent tutorial as well http://www.deviantart.com/?q=pixel+art+tutorial, It wasn't my first tutorial but it should give you a good understanding. I hope I might have helped, and I wish your hack the best of luck.
I know these fakemon aren't the best so far. I have a lot of work to do on them. All of them are based on animals so far, but I guess I'm just not that great at spriting right now. I'll make sure these look better for the final version.

Old April 4th, 2014 (8:15 AM).
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Maybe it's only me but the maps look too dark and the Fakemon look...not ready yet.
Still this hack looks to be interesting.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old April 4th, 2014 (1:00 PM). Edited April 4th, 2014 by Omonox.
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
Maybe it's only me but the maps look too dark and the Fakemon look...not ready yet.
Still this hack looks to be interesting.
Thanks. What do you mean by "too dark"? True, the Fakemon are not done yet. I promise they will look better when the Beta is ready.

Old April 4th, 2014 (6:55 PM).

I already see that you know you have to focus more on the sprites, but I also see that the OW map looks very dark and/or uncolorful, that what some people mean when they say that the OW maps looks dark, also I know this isn't finished but I want to tell you that some of the OW maps looks a little empty, I hope I helped with something at least.
Old April 4th, 2014 (7:04 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delias View Post
I already see that you know you have to focus more on the sprites, but I also see that the OW map looks very dark and/or uncolorful, that what some people mean when they say that the OW maps looks dark, also I know this isn't finished but I want to tell you that some of the OW maps looks a little empty, I hope I helped with something at least.
The dark areas where part of a forest you go to in the game. It may look a little empty because these are screenshots. I had to choose one small section of a map to post. Thanks for your advice.

Old April 6th, 2014 (8:46 PM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
I must say.. your art is truly magnificent. Just kidding, your Fakemon needs A LOT of work. Also the OW of the hero.. (Holy wtf did you just do to the ♥♥♥♥ing hero?!) It needs to be fixed Also..

The name, can you work on the name? BLATACAT is not a good name though. I think you need to work on it Is that VAMURAT or VAMVRAT? Looks both 'V' to me (V.V that's me) It looks like a recolored rare candy wrapper or something. Just candy. The box art too. I'm not good at drawing and I can't say I can do a little better. But I know you can improve it everytime you do! No offense to everything I've said. But that's an encouragement, good luck to you! ~

Old April 7th, 2014 (3:31 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V View Post
I must say.. your art is truly magnificent. Just kidding, your Fakemon needs A LOT of work. Also the OW of the hero.. (Holy wtf did you just do to the ♥♥♥♥ing hero?!) It needs to be fixed Also..

The name, can you work on the name? BLATACAT is not a good name though. I think you need to work on it Is that VAMURAT or VAMVRAT? Looks both 'V' to me (V.V that's me) It looks like a recolored rare candy wrapper or something. Just candy. The box art too. I'm not good at drawing and I can't say I can do a little better. But I know you can improve it everytime you do! No offense to everything I've said. But that's an encouragement, good luck to you! ~
I actually kind of like my hero design. The fakemon I will fix a lot. The boxart is more of art than a Sprite so it looks a little sloppy. Vamvrat is supposed to be a bat. That's why he has the candy like wings. I didn't think he looked too bad. Thanks for the advice though, I'll make sure the fakemon look nicer

Old April 8th, 2014 (10:40 PM).
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Nature: Gentle
I'm gonna have to side with everyone else here, nice game, nice plot, but, the sprites need work, the maps look promising, try and fix them up though. However, between us, you, at your age is MUCH more advanced than I was, when, I was 14/15, let's just say, I tried to make my own Pokemon hack, using Powerpoint and MS Paint, where I only had access to a GBA emulator and a few roms.

Try and draw your designs, on paper, scan them and ask someone to sprite them for you, draw your maps, that will help you, with me, my mapping came randomly out of the blue, but, if you have an idea for your maps, go ahead and draw them to have something to work off of, rather than trying to remember your ideas.

"Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

How to get the e with the accent over it used in Pokémon.

Alt + 0233

Old April 9th, 2014 (3:29 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I'm gonna have to side with everyone else here, nice game, nice plot, but, the sprites need work, the maps look promising, try and fix them up though. However, between us, you, at your age is MUCH more advanced than I was, when, I was 14/15, let's just say, I tried to make my own Pokemon hack, using Powerpoint and MS Paint, where I only had access to a GBA emulator and a few roms.

Try and draw your designs, on paper, scan them and ask someone to sprite them for you, draw your maps, that will help you, with me, my mapping came randomly out of the blue, but, if you have an idea for your maps, go ahead and draw them to have something to work off of, rather than trying to remember your ideas.
Thank you for the advice. The fakemon I'm working on and there's a tiny bit of work I have to do on the maps

Old April 13th, 2014 (11:01 AM).
Silver Tier

So far, a lot of fakemon are done, I have nearly all the maps done and I'm thinking I might add more. So should the beta end at the second gym or the third?

Old April 13th, 2014 (1:26 PM).
Illusory

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Smeargle
If you have everything leading to the third gym done why not
I'm interested in seeing what your hack has to offer.
Old April 13th, 2014 (2:42 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeargle View Post
If you have everything leading to the third gym done why not
I'm interested in seeing what your hack has to offer.
Sorry, I have to put this hack on hold. My computer broke and until I find way to backup my work on a new one, this hack won't be out until at earliest may or June or later.

Old April 17th, 2014 (4:05 PM).

Great share, looks good. Thanks for posting!
Old April 17th, 2014 (4:12 PM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
The fakemons look so good i think its the best i ever seen
Old April 17th, 2014 (4:19 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Derp View Post
The fakemons look so good i think its the best i ever seen
He's 13 and he has no experience doing sprites! It's logical they aren't good! Just don't laugh at him, this is the type of message that irritates me, c'mon, he said he will improve that, just encourage him if you want to post, and for saying what you said just don't post! It's very easy to laugh at people when you are relaxed sitting at home with your mobile phone or computer or whatever you use, uh?

Mastamilo, don't listen to him, just do your best, and good luck!

Hacks I support (I support most of them these are my favourite ones or ones I've put a lot of time on!):

Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon XG, Pokémon Gaia, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
Old April 17th, 2014 (4:38 PM).
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
He's 13 and he has no experience doing sprites! It's logical they aren't good! Just don't laugh at him, this is the type of message that irritates me, c'mon, he said he will improve that, just encourage him if you want to post, and for saying what you said just don't post! It's very easy to laugh at people when you are relaxed sitting at home with your mobile phone or computer or whatever you use, uh?

Wtf did you even read my post i WAS SAYING HOW MUCH I LIKE HIS FAKEMONS
And btw im on a phone
Old April 17th, 2014 (5:09 PM).
🔵⚪️🔴
Administrator CSPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Lax
Quote:
And btw im on a phone
I'm going to intervene and say that your sardonicism isn't contributing to anything. Be constructive or be counted out for SPAM.
Old April 17th, 2014 (7:44 PM). Edited April 17th, 2014 by karatekid552.
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Guys, calm yourselves. @Captain Derp, if you want to be taken seriously, change your avatar, sig, and maybe even your name. Otherwise people will immediately suspect a troll. Despite what people might tell you, looks do have a lot of bearing. Also, using proper punctuation and capitalization would help make your post look less trollish/spammy.

@Hiroshi Sotomura and @Mochorro, I know Captain derp and he was not being sarcastic, even though his post may have looked that way.

Now, I don't want to hear any more about this. Okay? Argument done.

Paired with Simba
Old April 18th, 2014 (1:59 PM). Edited April 18th, 2014 by Sheep.
Silver Tier

Quote:
And btw im on a phone
Thanks for your advice. I put a lot of time into these sprites but they still need a lot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post

Thanks for the advice and compliment. I have sprited for about 6 months so I have little experience. I've always wanted to make my own Pokemon though and that's why I made this hack. I hope I can make these sprites better for the final version. Thanks for the encouragment and I hope you do end up playing beta 1 when it comes out.

Old April 18th, 2014 (2:03 PM).
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastamilo657 View Post
Thanks for your advice. I put a lot of time into these sprites but they still need a lot of work.
ok best of luck with hacking kid
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links