Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:04 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Advertise here
Welcome to PokeCommunity's Card of the Week series!

Back after a temporary hiatus and renamed to better fit my schedule!

Basically, this is a series of threads where you rate a given card based on several factors, including how useful it is in various decks, which cards it combos well with, and its art. So, basically, you're rating all aspects of the card.

Card of the Week #1 for September 3rd-9th, 2011 - Sage's Training HS Undaunted

Spoiler:

(This pic is just being used to show the art. I can't find the power cable for our scanner here at the moment, otherwise I'd have used a scan)

Card details:

Spoiler:
Name: Sage's Training
Set: HS Undaunted
Collector's Number: 77/90
Rarity: Uncommon
Illustrator: Masakazu Fukuda
Trainer Class: Supporter
Effect: Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. Choose any 2 cards you find there and put them into your hand. Discard the other cards.

Some questions to get you started:
What decks is this useful in?
What cards does it combo well with?
What do you think about the card's capabilities?
What do you think about the card art?

Now get your rate on!

Last edited by donavannj; September 3rd, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer

Nature: Quirky
It's useful in just about any deck. It's a limited option of what you get to keep, but great for strategizing.

It doesn't particularly combo well with anything, other than anything you can use to pick up the cards you discarded like Energy Retrieval.

It's got good potential, and it's one of the best draw supports in the game as of late.

As for the art, it's meh to me. It's not really all that interesting going on, and it's not quite stoic enough to really seem like the sage is a wise man. He kinda looks like a self-righteous douche; especially with his pokemon.

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497

Last edited by Tanaki; September 3rd, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Title fixed. Interestingly the only mistake I made for posting it at 4 AM.

Anyway, I think it's interesting and works well in decks that have a means to recover discarded cards, so basically anything that runs Energy Retrieval or Junk Arm would benefit from it. The flexibility it gives you for drawing has no equal. I personally still wouldn't use it, but that's just me.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Anakin Linux
The village idiot
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
i have used this card before but! it made my deck dissapear with wasting 3 cards and throwing them in the discard pile you could get the same good effect with engeniers adjustment's [sorry for bad vocab]

Deviantart|Pair|Theme
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here