Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2011 (10:11 AM). Edited September 8th, 2011 by Exile.
Exile
confectionery behemoth
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
So, most of you guys know about the personal emblems that PC staff members have, also known as "Ego Emblems".

So, if you were a member of staff, what would your ego emblem be? [Image and Description]

Additionally, whether you're a staff member or not, what is he story behind your emblem?

Which Ego Emblems have you received? [Stealing this from Mr Cat Dog]

paired to kaori & vrai
Old September 8th, 2011 (10:26 AM).
Mr Cat Dog
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
My ego emblem is the 'Good Noodle' one. Essentially, it comes from an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants in which Patrick joins SpongeBob for the day at Boating School. Looking at one of the walls of the classroom, he spots the Good Noodle Board: if a student does something well, he or she gets a star on the Good Noodle Board. Predictably, SpongeBob has the most by a country mile.

So, if you get a Good Noodle emblem from me, it's because you've been doing really good work in the forum. For the most part I only give it to members, but a few mods have them for certain deeds they've done.

In terms of ego emblems I've received... Netto Azure's, Hiiro's and Miss Doronjo back when he was still a mod (*sniff*).
Old September 8th, 2011 (10:34 AM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
My ego emblem is Feature Majorette, which I didn't make actually. lol At the time, I didn't make icons/emblems or anything and was bad at it, so Klippy was kind enough to make it for me. But ummm I like majorettes and baton twirling. That's really all the story there is behind it. Nothing special.

I have ego emblems from Klippy, Manipulation, Erik Destler, Hiiro, Went, Drew, Forever, Patchisodfa Yotuohausor, Yuoaman, Luke, Captain Fabio, Kaori, and Anatasia.R. :) Phew, that's a long list. Haha. Oh, that's in order they were given btw.
paired to diddy

Old September 8th, 2011 (10:36 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Honorary Leprechaun
You may not go to the best school in the universe, but you're Toujours' leprechaun anyway!

This is mine! It's referring to the University of Notre Dame, my school, obviously. The picture is the Golden Dome on campus, and our mascot is the Leprechaun, so you being an honorary Leprechaun is a good thing. :3

Which ones I've gotten? I got Nica's before I knew what ego emblems were and she wouldn't tell me ("Forever, why am I a watermelon? I don't get it. :(" ), Mr Cat Dog's Good Noodle up there (I didn't even know it was an ego! xD), Captain Fabio's Pyramid Head one, and most recently Live's Suspiciously Stunning one.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old September 8th, 2011 (10:41 AM).
Chikara
Toucher of Butts
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
If I had an ego emblem, it would be called "A kawaii bro" and have a picture of someone who is kawaii idek /put a whole 30 seconds of thought into that

I ONLY HAVE CAPTAIN FABIO'S EMBLEM AHA.
Old September 8th, 2011 (10:59 AM).
Loki
強くなった
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki
I've got Drew, Luke's, and David's. *A*

Mine used to be a a cow sprite from Harvest Moon SNES with an 8-bit pixel heart on top of it's head and it was called, "Loki Loves You!" .... I don't remember what I put as the desc though. xD

There was no particular story behind my emblem; I remember someone else had made one at that point since emblems were pretty new, and I was like, "I want one too!" So I just made one and slapped it onto the people I liked. XDD;;
Old September 8th, 2011 (11:22 AM).
Esper

I didn't know that every staff member could have one of these so when I was a mod I didn't look into making one. Not that I would have known what to make it anyway. xD And if I magically had one today it would be... uh... probably some picture of a scarf and the description would be something about staying warm. Or something.

I think I have one from Manipulation, Mr Cat Dog, Anastasia.R, and Luke.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 8th, 2011 (11:44 AM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
If Anime Junkie Emblem(pretty sure it's a forum emblem though) counts then I have on from Kirbychu.

It would be an image of Kenshin. Honestly I can't think of a description for it atm.

There wouldn't be a story behind it since I named my account after the character so it would only seem fitting.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old September 8th, 2011 (11:58 AM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Er I probably wouldn't have one. I'm not good at making emblems soo yeah. Maybe if I could have one I would ask someone else to make it for me, but yeah... I don't have an ego emblem.

As for ones I received... none out of the 47 emblems I have. How unfortunate.
Old September 8th, 2011 (12:24 PM). Edited September 10th, 2011 by Xyrin.
Xyrin
Furret

Nature: Jolly
I was totally thinking about this the other day!

So, if you were a member of staff, what would your ego emblem be? [Image and Description]
Title: The Furret King's Blessing
Desc: You have recieved the blessing of the Furret King! Be grateful!
img:

Or maybe a creeper emblem. I really like Minecraft.

Additionally, whether you're a staff member or not, what is he story behind your emblem?
Furret are the best Pokemon ever. What is more to say? I think I love Furrets more than anyone else and it's kinda my signature Pokemon.
Which Ego Emblems have you received?
Just Megan's. Got it when she became mod. n_n

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old September 8th, 2011 (04:49 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
My ego emblem would probably be "Gallade fanboy" (with my dA icon on it). I think that's because in some favorite Pokemon posts, I reference Gallade in them.

Old September 8th, 2011 (04:57 PM). Edited September 9th, 2011 by Sodom.
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I've just spent half an hour looking for an appropriate image for my ego emblem, but I have come to no avail, and in the interest of not wasting my entire morning, I've given up for now . It would definitely have something to do with a Raichu though, obviously.

I've been given ego emblems by: Forever, Erik Destler, Meganium90, Kaori and Toujours. I could have sworn it was more than that, but oh well lol

EDIT: And Luke, as of tonight

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 8th, 2011 (07:51 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

This is mine:

Fierce
Your crisp personality has been noted as clean, poised and very seductive, while your warm, musky subtleness is enough to draw natural curiosity. One thing is certain, you're fierce.

I have ego emblems from Klippy, parallelzero, Matthew, Erik Destler, Lightning, Sydian, Hiiro, Forever, Rukario, Luke, Miss Doronjo and Kaori.

I'm thinking of changing mine, though.
Old September 8th, 2011 (08:15 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

This may come as a shock to some, but I have no ego emblem at the present time, partially due to me not being sure what I want it to be related to and also partially due to me being one of the few staff members with little patience for working with graphics.

I presently have ego emblems from BinaryPeaches and Forever.
Old September 8th, 2011 (08:29 PM).
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Despite being on staff for over a year now and some time between when emblems came out and when I left staff, I've yet to make an ego emblem. Emblems aren't usually my thing. You can tell that if you've ever seen the PotW one ;___;

Knowing me, if I ever get around to making one it'll have one of my stick figures in it. I love drawing them so much, and it's something I'd feel would be me. It would make it black and white and boring and no one would want it. :( Either that, or I'd make one with the Persona 4 main character because everyone needs more of him on their profiles. >:) I'd probably give my theoretical emblem to people I like, just for kicks. idk who though.

For the last question, I've got Went's, Drew's, and TwilightBlade's ego emblems right now.
Old September 8th, 2011 (08:43 PM).
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

If I were on the staff, my emblem would have some pun with my user name for sure. "Do you ever wonder if we make moments in our lives, or if the moments in our lives make us?" That's probably too long, but something like that! :D
As for an image, no idea... Something sightly related, or not, whatever! xD

I've got Anastasia.R and Alternative's emblems, I could've sworn I had another though... Oh well!

Old September 8th, 2011 (08:52 PM).
Harley Quinn
Community Supporter

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago, lol.

Arkham Inmate

You deserve to be locked up in an asylum, but when Harlequin broke out with the Joker, she opened your cell door as well. Because Harlequin is crazy and likes you. Stupid girl.

As for what emblems I have? I only have one from Matthew, back when he was a mod ( i miss u). I don't know who made the Work It emblem though, but assuming that is a 'Ego Emblem' (never heard that term before), thank you o' great and glorious staff member?
Old September 8th, 2011 (09:41 PM).
Forever
let it go

As mentioned, mine is this.

I'M A WATERMELON! I'M A WATERMELON!

Don't be a sour grape. Be a watermelon instead!

^ It is weird. Actually it's in reference to something that happened over a year ago and at the time it seemed appropriate to be the ego emblem lool.

I try not to give it out much at all now though because I'm like "hmmm if I give it out every few months people won't notice that I've almost given out mine the most" XD;

As for the ones I have from others, Went, Lightning, Patchisou Yutohru, BinaryPeaches, Hiiro, Luke, Rukario, Miss Doronjo, Live_wire466, Netto Azure, Yuoaman, Kaori, Anastasia. R, Alternative, Toujours.

...never noticed how many I have lol.
Old September 9th, 2011 (03:30 AM).
Spinosaurus

I don't really have an ego emblem and I don't plan on making one either. I honestly don't see the point of them.
If I ever do decide on getting one...I might make a reference to farmers or something, just because. I'd probably give it to a lot of people too.
Or maybe a reference to a game I like, I don't know.

The only ego emblem I got is Kaori's.
Old September 9th, 2011 (08:31 AM).
Loki
強くなった
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Loki
Quote originally posted by Patchisou Yutohru:
This is mine:

Fierce
Your crisp personality has been noted as clean, poised and very seductive, while your warm, musky subtleness is enough to draw natural curiosity. One thing is certain, you're fierce.

I have ego emblems from Klippy, parallelzero, Matthew, Erik Destler, Lightning, Sydian, Hiiro, Forever, Rukario, Luke, Miss Doronjo and Kaori.

I'm thinking of changing mine, though.
Oh snap I figured that was somebody's but I wasn't sureeee. FORGIVE ME PATCHI. :'C

I have patchi's too because patchi is bamf. =v=d
Old September 9th, 2011 (10:52 PM).
Jack O'Neill
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
So, if you were a member of staff, what would your ego emblem be? Additionally, whether you're a staff member or not, what is the story behind your emblem?
In previous iterations of this topic, I've jokingly said that my ego emblem would be something along the lines of this:

Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
[insert appropriate-sized image of nuclear mushroom cloud here]
Description: You like war. No, friend, YOU LOVE WAR!

To be honest, though, I simply wouldn't bother with an ego emblem to begin with. I'm not too fond of emblems in general anyway.

Which ego emblems have you received?
None, and I'd like to keep it that way.
Old September 12th, 2011 (09:36 PM). Edited September 12th, 2011 by Axeliira.
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Nature: Brave

Megan's Lucky Star
Shine bright, good friend. You are considered one of the luckiest stars for a certain Meganium. :3 Keep on shining!

^Yep, that's my ego emblem. I wasn't the one that came up with the image though, but I did came up with the description. I was listening to Katy Perry's "ET", and the words "You're my lucky star" came on, and that's where the whole "Lucky Star" thing was born. I tend to give it out sometimes, but only those that are really good friends of mine, and for the most amazing people.

As for receiving ego emblems, sadly I don't have any.

Old September 12th, 2011 (09:43 PM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle

IT'S A SIIIIIGN
A certain Fangirl has accepted you to have Red at your profile. It has to be one, right?

I suppose that the description doesn't really quite make sense for those who have met me after my whole Red reign, but once upon a time the only theme I would have would be Red, and I was completely obsessed. He's still there today though, and this is kind of my way of showing it I guess? I don't quite remember how many people who I have given this out to, but for the most part it's to reaally close friends, or perhaps someone who has done something awesome for me. I suppose these days if I were to give it to anyone, they would have to be really close friends of mine and would know how much I love Red (which I don't speak about very often, so *hinthint* the first thing one would have to do is bring up Pokemon Special, haha~)

The title was due to the fact that I would say 'IT'S A SIIIIIIIIGN' to things in which I think is a sign is signal to something. With the description, I thought it would be appropriate. Although, the description was made after the title, soooo.

As for Ego emblems I have Forever's, Miss Doronjo's, Netto's, Ana's, aaand Fabio's.
Old September 12th, 2011 (09:50 PM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Pyramid Head's Approval
Pyramid Head doesn't hate you. But he doesn't like you. At least you are still alive... For now...

This one be mine. It is pretty easy to see the connection with this one! :3

As to what Ego emblems I have, I can't remember and still half asleep to look, but I have a couple! :3
I think Sydian's was the first one that I got.
Old September 13th, 2011 (04:44 AM).
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality

Free of ropes
You've managed to escape the two-leggeds' tribulations, but there's more to come. Spirits such as yours can't be broken easily.

I guess that'd be mine, if I were to...you know.

I don't have any ego emblems, and to be frank, I didn't know what they were called and why they were given out until I saw this thread.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links