The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
So I was going to sleep yesterday, and...this came over. What stance do you take to sleep?

Careful, this is not about whether you move around in your sleep and whatnot, but rather about what kind of movements/muscle placements comfort you before you start sleeping.

Take me, for example. I love putting my arm below the pillow and stretching my legs. I also like to swirl my pillow around multiple times to get to the cooler side of it before sleeping.

-What about you?
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Gold warehouse
peanut butter cake lover

I always like turning my pillow to the cooler side, and putting my arm under the pillow.

I also cuddle and wrap myself around my duvet because I don't have a partner because it's comfortable.
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Xyrin
Furret

Nature: Jolly
Fetal position all the way. It's really the only way I can sleep.

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Laying on my stomach, legs stretched out, face on the cool side of the pillow and the such. It's nice and comfortable.
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I usually sleep facing the ceiling, but eventually shift to one side before actually sleeping.

Old September 10th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
I usually fall asleep laying on my back, and then wake up on my side to find that my right arm has fallen asleep lol. It's weird that I turn in my sleep since I can't fall asleep any other way than on my back.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
A PICTURE'S WORTH 1,000 WORDS!!

The one in the middle, but without a body pillow and usually I have one of my arms under the pillow and one arm at my side.
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Giggling so much rn omg

I don't have a definitive sleeping stance, I sleep in whatever position keeps me the warmest at night, which usually means a lot of tossing and turning, which ruins the blankets and ugh I have to make them in the morning.
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
Well I like curl up into like the fetal position and I like.. Cuddle my duvet/pillow/whatevers nearest to me foreveralone.jpg because it's really comfortable and comforting and that way I don't get as scared something gonna kill me in the night :x
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old September 10th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Pokemon Trainer Touko
春野サクラ ♥

I don't really have a sleeping stance but I prefer sleeping on my back. When it's cold, I like to curl up 'cause it's warmer. :3
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Usually on my stomach or side. I absolutely cannot fall asleep on my back - it's near impossible for me. Just feels so... wrong.

I also have to be covered by my blanket even if it's like 100 degrees out, just because it feels weird if I don't have anything covering me.

Old September 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Saryka
Donator Tier 3

I'm a side sleeper and I put my arm under my pillow. I'm also like Cirno, I need to be fully covered by my blanket even if it's super hot out. It makes me feel safe or something idk.
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:04 AM
zappyspiker
Sword Art Online

Nature: Brave
When I'm usually tired, starfish position on my stomach... though then again I never pay attention to how I sleep xD
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Usually I sleep on my belly or side...sleeping on my back is almost impossible unless I'm really tired. I usually require a blanket and I cuddle my pillow. <3

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old September 11th, 2011, 03:43 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I'm usually either on my back, or curled slightly on my right side. No matter how I sleep, though (and I tested this), I always woke up curled on my right side.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
When I fall asleep, I'm either at my sides or on my stomach with my hands under my pillow, whichever feels most comfortable. There's a lot of tossing and turning to get situated. When I wake up, I'm either on my back or sometimes on my sides. Lately it's been more on my sides. I think. I hardly notice. :(
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saryka View Post
I'm a side sleeper and I put my arm under my pillow. I'm also like Cirno, I need to be fully covered by my blanket even if it's super hot out. It makes me feel safe or something idk.
OH ME TOO!!! I need to be covered, and it can't be a thin blanket. It has to be a comforter or something, even if it's hot. Especially so for my feet! Keeps me feeling like the man under my bed won't be able to grab my feet and take me down under.

Also, keeping the cold side of the pillow on my head is very important when I'm conscious!
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Nature: Quiet
Usually stretching out one of my arms underneath the pillow and twisting from side to side to stretch out most of the time.
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I used to curl up like a cat haha. Now I just hug my pillow, and I usually have another pillow in between my legs, otherwise I'll move them around and I won't be able to sleep.
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Ayselipera

I'm all over the place. Literally the only sleeping position I almost never sleep in is flat on my back unless I'm beyond sick and will throw up if any pressure is applied to my stomach.

Okay I really don't know how to explain this without not making any sense, but I like to sleep by taking the blankets and having them cover me completely, but then taking my leg and lifting it up so the blankets are raised in the air and then tucking them in around one leg SO one leg is completely encased in blankets leaving the rest on top of my other leg so the blankets are between my legs.

So if you can decipher that wonderful for you! Otherwise I tend to just cuddle in my blankets and wrap my arms around my pillow. Also when I'm really cold I like to roll myself up into my blankets so it's like I'm in a cocoon leaving only my head exposed to lay on my pillow. It's so comfy and I'm tempted now to sleep like that tonight. :(
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:48 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Second one in the picture. I used to sleep facing the ceiling, until couple years ago when sleep paralysis became an occasional issue (and it was EXTREMELY frightening). Plus sleeping like that feels more comfortable now that I sleep like that regularly.

Last edited by 2Cool4Mewtwo; September 11th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I'm all over the place. Sometimes I'm sleeping like that pictures in the middle. Sometimes I'm sleeping curled up like a cat, and other times I'm sleeping who the hell knows what way. Sometimes I would not move at all in my sleep, while other times I sleep like a rock. It alllll depends really.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links