Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page So you are fat.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old September 14th, 2011 (01:05 PM).
Nidorina

Are you overweight? If so, do you plan to lose some weight, and how do you plan to do so? If not, were you ever overweight before and is there any advice you'd like to give to people trying to lose weight?
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:11 PM).
kevin del rey
Silver Tier

Nah, I'm not overweight. You see my abs if I pull up my shirt, and I'm pretty muscled but not a huge 200-pounded person.

I was never overweight my whole life, so I sadly don't have any advice to share. :<
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:13 PM).
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
I think according to BMI charts I'm officially overweight. But I don't feel overweight, just that my stomach's a bit chubby. To be honest, my diet isn't the best and I eat a lot of pizza, since I work at a pizza place. If I didn't walk to work and back I'd be heavier. @___@

At the moment, I don't have plans to lose weight. I'm pretty pleased with my weight all things considered. If anything I should be doing crunches or something to flatten my stomach a bit, but I'm lazy.
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:16 PM).
ô.o
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
IM SO FREAKIN FAT I HATE MYSELF im like 130 lbs and scrawny as hell.

I walked into the grocery store yesterday and an employee tried to sell me this energizing water by mentioning how much longer I would be able to do physical activity. I extended my right arm and told her "Does it look like I work out to you?"

AND I SAVED TONS OF MONEY
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:23 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
I'm overweight, yeah. I mean I'm not extremely overweight, but it's enough for me to notice that I feel unhealthy. Oh, sure, I don't look my weight at all (thank god), but it just feels wrong. I want to lose at least 20 pounds soonish, which I am actively trying to do by eating less altogether and making sure what I do eat is healthy. And I plan to buy DDR soon so I can pretend I'm exercising. .__.
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:28 PM).
ヽ(⌐▨_▨)ノ♪♬
CS

Nature: Brave
I'm underweight. So underweight, I've been asked if I'm bulimic by my doctor multiple times.

"Are you bulimic?"
"No."
"...How about now?"
"Nope."

Chikara
Moderator of Anime & Manga
MyAnimeList • Paired with antemortem
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:32 PM).
rise above the storm
CS

Nature: Gentle
I'm one of those people who seem to be able to eat whatever I want and won't gain a pound, which is I guess partly true? I'm about 116 lbs at 5'7''. I'm not too sure if that's underweight or not (especially since my bodyfat is only 14.8%) but I don't really... do much when it comes to physical activities. If anything, it's because I do one of the following (or a mix of both) when it comes to food:

1. I either forget to eat/don't eat much for a good part of the day (which is well.. unhealthy but I can't help it. D; )
2. Eat a lot, but I eat in little portions. Like... I would eat a normal sandwich (not a sub or anything) and then maybe an hour later I would grab some chips and eat those. Doing this is apparently good for you, because you're not eat a ton at a time, but you're eating enough to keep your metabolism going. This makes me a big waste at like... buffets, because it's gotten to the point where I can't at a lot at one sitting and if I accidentally do then I feel ill.

tldr: I'm skinny and it's because of my eating habits but because of my eating habits some people think I'm a fatass and I can eat whatever I want without gaining a pound.

seek out the truth
don't forget about what you believe
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:41 PM).
Certified Responsible Adult
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Yeah, yeah, I'm overweight. I tried to start a routine of going on a 2.5 mile walk/jog each day, but then life got WAY too hectic for me to keep up with that. I want to get started on it again, but I have to wait for life to calm down, and for me to get over this dang cold. >__<
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:49 PM).
Goin' Bananas
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
Hi guys, my name is Sydian and I'm underweight. I can't stand the thought of going over 100 lbs, nor have I ever gone over it. I don't even try, really. I eat whatever I want and don't gain it, but I mean, I also really like healthy foods, especially celery lol. And I have band practice and walking around on campus and dancing that works it off anyway so it's like yeah. kbye.

hobbies include playin' terits and huggin' diddy kong
Old September 14th, 2011 (04:00 PM).
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Gold Tier

Nature: Rash
My BMI is around 26, so I'm a bit overweight, but only 2 years ago I was critically obese with 37% BMI. (around 5'9'' 250lbs if I recall.... )

I wasn't even fat before I moved from England, but next couple of years I constantly overate junk foods every day and reached 250lbs. It was utterly shameful. I then started walking outside every 30 mins, and started controlling my diet for next 2 years to slowly get to this point. I'm now around 6' 2'' and half, and I approx. weigh 200 lbs.

So... Really obvious, but moral of the lesson is, don't get into junk foods, and keep exercising and eat healthy.

Old September 14th, 2011 (05:57 PM).
I resent the title beginner :D

Well, considering I rarely exercise, eat copiously... no. My BMI is quite under 18.5 (and I'm not even anorexic, yay ). But my habits probably will get me when I turn forty. :o
Old September 14th, 2011 (08:49 PM).
Crystal Tier

I could stand to lose weight, but overweight? No, I wouldn't say that. I think I'm a healthy weight for my height (6'5), so I'm okay with that. I'm pretty weak though, so maybe I do need to lose some weight, lol.
Old September 14th, 2011 (09:16 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Former fatty in the house!

OK, so I used to be bordering on obesity. Well, to be truthful that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I was most definitely on my way there. When I finally decided to seriously do something about it, I was 108.9kg (which an online converter has told me is equal to 239.58lb). This was when I was sixteen, and not quite as tall as I am now. So what I did about it was I started going to Weight Watchers meetings with my Mum. People think it's a fad and won't work like all the rest of them, but it actually does. They teach you portion control in the simplest way possible (using numbers!) and give you the structure you need. Wow, this sounds like a commercial lmao.

So anyway, now I'm 87kg (191.4 pounds) which is well within the normal range for a 20 year old man who is 6'4.

As for advice: You know all those things they tell you about how you need to exercise to lose weight? Yeah, that's crap. It's all a myth. I mean, I'm sure it helps, but I lost 21.9kg (48.18lb) and I didn't do any extra exercise than I had previously. It really all comes down to what you put in your mouth.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 14th, 2011 (09:51 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote originally posted by Igiko:
I'm underweight. So underweight, I've been asked if I'm bulimic by my doctor multiple times.

"Are you bulimic?"
"No."
"...How about now?"
"Nope."
I'm underweight, but random people, not doctors, ask me if I'm anorexic. Some guys even lift me to see how light I am. I'm 5' 6" and consistently bordering 100 lbs, thanks to the near-constant exercise in my daily life and a relatively good balance between healthy and junk food.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 14th, 2011 (09:54 PM).
used Bone Club...?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Haaaaaaaaave to disagree with Shining Raichu. Not that dieting alone won't produce pleasing results for some people, but the majority of those trying to lose weight will only see temporary weight lose in small amounts without exercising. My backup for nursing is dietary nutrition. I'm obligated to say this. If you do both regularly, your body will take on a completely different metabolic lifestyle. Put good food in, get out and exercise the excess carbohydrates and lipids you'd otherwise store, and you'd be amazed at how different you'll look in just a few short months.

Want proof? Look at my Facebook. D;

I used to weigh a little over 200 pounds my senior year of high school. Decided to knock out soda - lost 10 pounds. Decided to start dieting - lost five more pounds. Winter of my sophomore year in college I decided to finally join a gym and start exercising regularly - lost 45 more pounds in a couple months. Perhaps more fat, because I was gettin' pretty muscular there for a while.

Any who, my tip - find an exercise routine that works for you and stick to it. Doesn't even matter if you're just walking for an hour every other day, you're still getting exponentially more healthy than you were. For those of you wanting to lose some serious weight, might I suggest checking out HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It did wonders for me and it produces results much more efficiently and noticeably than running at a steady pace for a set time each day. Plus, who doesn't wanna continue burning calories even after the workout is complete? :P
Old September 14th, 2011 (10:51 PM).
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
Overweight? Pssh no. Underweight? Yeah, like by a lot. I used to be bulimic but I'm not anymore and people always ask if I am .-. I want to lose weight though because I'm not size 0 I'm happy with my weight as it is, if I start noticiably gaining then I'll get some excersize routine started but otherwise I don't really need/want too.

For overweight people who want to lose weight all I can say is just eat healthy, excersize and believe in yourself~
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old September 14th, 2011 (11:39 PM).
let it go
Battle Server
BS
CS

Uhh let's see, I was officially told I was underweight years ago but I never went back to find out if I got to average weight or not, lol. :x But yeah I can eat whatever I want without putting on any weight, and I usually eat a lot too, so it's pretty good for me. Only thing is sometimes I feel like I'm on a diet because if I eat certain foods too much I get sick, well, "feel unwell". Otherwise I don't even excersize really, which is bad, buut if I did I'd probably end up losing weight which wouldn't be useful considering I can't even put on weight in the first place.
Old September 14th, 2011 (11:39 PM).
Banned

Nature: Quiet
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Teresa, Tara, Syd, and all the other skinnies. I eat pretty much whatever I want, yet I consistently weigh just around 46 kilos or thereabouts. It helps that I do get some semi-regular exercise, even if it's just constant walking.
Old September 15th, 2011 (01:42 AM).
春野サクラ ♥
Gold Tier

I have a high metabolism which means I can eat as much food as I want without getting fat. :D I'm not overweight and never was, and probably never will be. However, I do know how to lose weight 'cause I've learnt about diets and stuff in year 7 :D

- Exercise
- Eat slower 'cause if you eat really quickly your body wouldn't react fast enough to tell you that you're full and therefore you'd eat more
- Never ever skip a meal or starve yourself because you will then get used to burning less calories and will not be able to burn as much calories as you used to so you'd get more fat once you start eating again.
That's all I could remember lol. o.o
Old September 15th, 2011 (02:11 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm not overweight, but I'm coming close to it. I do exercise regularly, but my mom and sisters keep telling me to slow down while I eat.

Old September 15th, 2011 (02:30 AM).
Dragon-type Trainer

Nature: Brave
I'm ok. I eat as much I want and I don't get a fat. I exercise and I'm not weak.
Old September 15th, 2011 (03:21 AM).
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Yeah, I'm overweight, but not fat.

I was literally fat about two to three years ago, but I started working out regularly and this year I attend a supervised training course-also for a health problem that appeared suddenly, and slowly turned most of that fat into muscles. I'm around 200 lbs, I'll have you know. ;o
Old September 15th, 2011 (07:13 AM).
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful
Okay, according to my BMI I'm around overweight and I have got a tummy on me (I'll be honest) however, I've just started my diet (around 3 weeks ago) and I've lost a few pounds, so I'm happy enough continuing.
I think my older sister helped and my mother and my sister are supporting me. It's even got to the point, that I've started to eat WeightWatchers and low calorie foods and drinks >.>
I've also been a little bit more active, but I wont stop until I reach my goal of somewhere around 10 stone. >.>

And apparently Graceful is still alive after a very long hiatus ♥
Old September 15th, 2011 (07:58 AM).
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
I eat alot of fatty food but don't seem to put on much weight.
so No I am not fat
Old September 15th, 2011 (09:00 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
According to BMI I am overweight. It's all on my stomach though, my arms and legs don't have much fat at all. It’s barely noticeable in public, it’s only when I have my shirt off that you can see it. I’ll probably end up losing weight once I go back to university anyway since that’s what usually occurs. I think it’s more important to eat healthily rather than trying to lose weight through a diet that may not agree with your body. I mean as long as you eat well, I don’t think it matters too much if you look overweight or you think you are unattractive or whatever. After all your health is so crucial for living a good life.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links