< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse Working my accessories

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Reply Post Reply
Old September 18th, 2011 (10:44 AM).
Do you ever accessorize with the clothes you're wearing? For example do you wear things like scarves, hats, jewelry, bandannas, etc?

If you don't is there a reason for this and are there any accessories that you wish you did wear or wore more of?
Old September 18th, 2011 (12:22 PM).
kevin del rey
Silver Tier
Nah, I don't wear accessories. It'd look weird on me to be honest and I'm not that type of person.
Old September 18th, 2011 (2:47 PM).
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Silver Tier
Nature: Lax
Due to the fact that I jump from work (where I wear just the uniform) to home (where I immediately change into PJs and never leave the house), I don't have opportunity to wear accessories. If, for some strange reason, I am going out somewhere special, I'll go ahead and put on some earrings and a necklace, but that's really rare. I'd say I'd wear earrings while I'm at work, but it's technically against dress code. So I don't bother. :/

When I was younger, I wore this blue bucket hat for years. Seriously, it was on my head the second I left the house, and sometimes when I was still in it! Stopped wearing it when I went to college. It's buried deep in my closet somewhere.
If you're looking for me,
I'm hiding on Reddit or Twitter.
Old September 18th, 2011 (3:00 PM).
I wear bracelets, some all the time, others not. I actually stopped wearing a lot of my old bracelets and now I only wear my two I <3 boobies bracelets. I will wear sunglasses sometimes, and hats if the look right. Like maybe a fedora or something, aha. If I had it, I would be wearing a necklace that my ex was gonna give me, but he never found it -__-. I don't like plan to accessorize, I just wear things that I like or have meaning to me most of the time.
Old September 18th, 2011 (3:13 PM). Edited September 19th, 2011 by Overlord Drakow.
Nature: Serious
I wear gloves to keep me warm to ensure I don't leave any finger prints at the crime scene. I also sometimes wear a scarf and cowboy hat to bring out the Aussi in me. I often carry a sword umbrella - it's an umbrella which looks like a sword it's a sword which looks like an umbrella - either in one of my hands or behind my back, so I'm prepared for the rain. PRECIPITATION DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE. Finally, a few weeks ago I got a new watch so I wear that too.

Edit: Forgot to mention I rock the shades too, regardless of the conditions.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair
Old September 18th, 2011 (3:23 PM).
Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
an assortment of rings. sometimes bracelets i made and hair clips. i feel like i'm going way too far if i wear, say, bracelets and rings at the same time, or earrings and rings, or any other such combinations.
Old September 18th, 2011 (3:50 PM).
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog's Avatar
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog is offline
Nature: Quirky
Well I wear my watch all the time. And ties, if those count. But that's it. It's not because I don't want to wear accessories, it's just because I don't like how most of them look, and I can't afford any. Like there's this ring I want but it's too expensive.
Old September 18th, 2011 (4:54 PM).
Christmas Party like it's 2004!
Nature: Gentle
I have a watch and some earrings that I never rarely take off. Other than that, not specifically. I'd wear more if I could find some I liked though.
Old September 18th, 2011 (5:08 PM).
Siriusly Twisted
Crystal Tier
Nature: Timid
I have some rings I wear on occasion, but most of the time I can't be bothered to accessorize. I'm used to not wearing accessories.
Old September 18th, 2011 (7:38 PM).
Silver Tier
No, I never accessorize, especially not scarves.

Really, I don't do it most days because I have to work and I don't like to draw attention to myself there. I also don't like to "waste" my nice things on a place like work where I feel they'd go unappreciated. Sometimes after work I think about changing things around and a few times I do, but mostly then I just want to loaf around and who needs accessories for that?

Any other time I like to have at least one thing with me to keep from looking too plain. I don't usually have more than one thing at a time though. I also don't do hats. Like ever. I just can't pull them off.
The Galigo Region * Avatar
Old September 18th, 2011 (7:44 PM).
The transient snowman
Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
Nah. I've never been impressed by jewelry or anything else that's not needed o.O I wear a backpack though when I go to school if that counts And the school dress code forces us to wear belts...

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.
Old September 18th, 2011 (9:10 PM).
but I have my moments...
Nature: Jolly
Whenever I go out I try and have at least one accessory on me. They kinda just put the whole outfit you're trying to pull off, well, together. Sometimes I wear a necklace, sometimes just a Livestrong bracelet. Just... something. If I'm out in the Mustang I definitely make sure I'm sporting a pair of sunglasses. You can't drive a sport's car without sunglasses, you just can't! :]

One thing I really wanna get here soon is a nice watch. I just think they look so professional... although I was told not to wear them to nursing courses. You know, what with the bodily fluids getting on you and such. D; Oh well~ I'll continue to window-shop for 'em.
PC Social Media Team: Senior Staff
Suggestions for our social media platforms? Post 'em here!
Old September 18th, 2011 (10:05 PM).
Nature: Serious
Usually I always have two pairs of earrings in and a bracelet I never take off .o. I also have a gold necklace with a couple pendants (one that my parents got me, and the other my boyfriend got me) so unless I'm going out somewhere special.. I usually stick to those accessories and don't change it up much <3 I'm more sentimental I guess~
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old September 18th, 2011 (10:16 PM).

As far I'm concerned, my body is the accessory.
Old September 19th, 2011 (12:19 AM).
春野サクラ ♥
Gold Tier
I loooove accessories and I wear them all the time. :D I wear earrings, looots of bracelets and I wear scarves when it's cold. :3
⎡ Paired with Vaporeon 7 ★ Deviantart PC family
Old September 19th, 2011 (2:26 AM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
I wear a hat sometimes but that's probably the most you'll get out of me. ;-;
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Old September 19th, 2011 (11:29 AM).
Press F to kick the Undead
The only really interesting thing is the mechanical pocketwatch I wear (or would if it currently worked).
Honestly though, it's for telling the time, I just hate wristwatches and don't use a mobile phone.
Old September 19th, 2011 (9:50 PM).
Nature: Careful
I guess if you count a hat as an accessory, then I wear those. I don't use them for fashion, though, I wear them if I'm going to be in the sun for a while, or if my hair is just really messy and not co-operating with me. I also wear a watch if I'm going out somewhere, since I find it rude to go looking through my pockets just to look at the time, especially if I'm talking to someone.
Old September 20th, 2011 (1:22 AM).
Gold Tier
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't accessorize because I feel like an idiot when I actually do.

Old September 20th, 2011 (5:19 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal TierEO
I always wear sunglasses on either my face or my head whenever I'm out of the house. I look odd without sunglasses really, and this applies to using them in winter too, so... I consider them my main accessory. I also have a ring I wear on one of my fingers because I saw it in the shops in 2006 thinking it was amazing and Nan and Pop got it for me that Christmas. I also wore scarves like everyday in winter, and I occasionally wear earrings, but I haven't for a while since my ears were sore and I haven't got around to putting the actual earrings under hot water so they don't hurt my ears any more.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old September 20th, 2011 (5:35 PM).
Left for good
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Nope, I don't accessorize and I'm not planning to, either.

Not only I'm not fond of them (on myself, that is-I'm pretty sure accessories can look good on others), but I don't feel comfortable if I wear something like a bracelet or a ring, either. I don't wear sunglasses because I feel like I don't even need them, I don't wear hats because I can endure the heat, and I don't wear scarves because I can endure the cold. Anyway, in addition to all that, my sense of fashion is way off, so I guess even if I liked to accessorize I would mess up. Good grief.
This is my December . . .
Old September 22nd, 2011 (6:02 AM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Lax
i think the only accessories i've ever even had was a scarf (which i never wore) when i was like 9, a necklace (which was stolen from me), a leather bracelet (which i recently found after it being lost for two years), my class ring (which is too big), a few baseball hats (that i didn't like), and my glasses (which i kind of have to wear to see while driving). sometimes i incorporate headphones into my wardrobe, but i haven't done that in years. i don't really work to accessorize, no. but to compensate, i layer a lot when i go out!
Old September 22nd, 2011 (6:06 AM).
how do you make coffee sexy?
Nature: Impish
hnnh. no.
i live in a pretty tropical country, and unless i'm going to an event where the venue is cold, i don't wear accessories like scarves or really fancy hats. although i always wear a watch and cross, if you could actually call those "accessories" -- in the sense of fashion, that is.

i'm Briar.
Old September 24th, 2011 (8:07 AM).
Crystal Tier
Hats and scarves sometimes. This week I wore a crapload of things along with my outfit, a hat(s), watch, scarf, bands, etc.

Old September 26th, 2011 (10:48 AM).
 I believe that's checkmate.
Platinum Tier
Nature: Calm
I don't really accessorise for the sake of accessorising.

If anything, I just wear the trinkets that mean the most to me.

This is my magatama, I've always worn it and it's been a sort of trademark for me for about two years now. It's my favourite stone and it appears to be a good luck charm in Japan.

A bracelet lovingly given to me by my boyfriend. Apart from showers, I never take it off and I don't ever intend to for any other reason. I always feel like I'm carrying a part of him around with me while I wear this bracelet, which easily adds to its charm.
Paired with Aizuke
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links