The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Snow Phoenix
The transient snowman

Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
Do you have an bad or unpleasant habits that you just can't snap out of? Maybe some that are good? :D

As for myself @-@ I recently got into the habit of trying to contort myself into the weird smiles that I use ^-^' Imagine how awkward that is @-@ Considering I apparently use smileys a lot... I also have the habit of locking doors behind me and holding the doors open for really long periods of time o.o' I just don't want to be rude >.< Sometimes I get into trouble though...

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Phoenix View Post
Considering I apparently use smileys a lot...
Lol you do

I have the joint-cracking habit. I say joint and not knuckle because I'm worse than most people. I crack all three joints in my fingers, my wrists, my elbows, one of my shoulders, my toes, my neck, sometimes my knees, and rarely one of the immovable joints in my foot. Once I try to crack one finger, the rest just naturally follow and it feels unfinished not to do them all.
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I have the joint-cracking habit. I say joint and not knuckle because I'm worse than most people. I crack all three joints in my fingers, my wrists, my elbows, one of my shoulders, my toes, my neck, sometimes my knees, and rarely one of the immovable joints in my foot. Once I try to crack one finger, the rest just naturally follow and it feels unfinished not to do them all.
Good to know I'm not the only one who does this. It unnerves people though, especially the neck, so I try not to do it too much.

I also have this habit of always sitting on my foot, usually the left one, but not always. I'm doing it right now. Whenever I sit down, without thinking, I tuck one leg in and let the other one hang normally. I find it really comfortable while sitting with both legs out rather uncomfortable.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
I scrape my head for no apparent reason. No, it doesn't just happen at awkward moments, it happens all the time.

I also do that joint-cracking thing, but only for my fore and middle fingers. The rest just don't crack, but these two crack so much and often that I believe there'll be trouble in the future.
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I do both the things Touhours and Scarf do xD
But the way I sit in my right foot is apparently whats lead to my knees cracking is i kneel down on the floor xD

but i also do this thing where i twitch the muscles i the corner of my eye and then run it along my eyebrow and around my eye. Its kinda hard to explain really. But i try to do it when nobodies around but sometimes i forget and i do it with people in the room and get weird looks.

Also i'm not sure if this counts as a good or bad habit but i tend to mouth the words to songs when i'm listening to my mp3 to try and help my stutter and mumbling problem. I started doing it a while ago and now it just happens on its own ^-^

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old September 19th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Hagumi
For a sick boy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hagumi
I'm another person who cracks their joints - neck, left shoulder, left elbow, my wrists, my fingers and my ankles. One of my friends keeps telling me to stop it since whenever I crack my neck or shoulder it can make quite a loud noise but I just can't. I feel like I need to do it.

I also bite my finger nails and bite off the skin around them. Disgusting habit, I know. I usually do it when I'm bored (like right now) or when I'm nervous.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
- Making clicking sounds when I mess something up or when feeling awkward/nervous
- Biting my nails and the skin around them (this is my worst habit)
- Sticking my tongue out when concentrating
- Putting a bunch of dots on my paper when I don't know the answer
- Sitting my chair awkwardly, like sitting on my feet...people find it weird so idk :(
- Not looking at who I'm talking to

That's all I can think of for now.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Gold warehouse
peanut butter cake lover

Laughing. I honestly, just if something even mildly funny happens I can't help bursting out laughing. It doesn't matter where I am, thank god I haven't been to a funeral because I just know I'd end up laughing at something.
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
- Playing with my hair ~ I do this ALL THE TIME
- Biting my fingernails and stuff, yet they're still really long.
- I constantly change positions when I'm standing
- I randomly do modelish poses all the time.
- Clicking pens.
- Laughter. I laugh at everything, and at nothing. Sometimes I just am thinking and burst into laughter.
- Randomly holding onto peoples arms or something (That's probably my fear of being alone talking though)

Uhm, yeah, that's all I can think of, I don't see any of them as being particularly bad except maybe the last one. But I guess that's up to the person whether or not they see this stuff as bad.
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old September 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
poopnoodle

Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
i bite my nails a lot. it's mostly because i'm antsy. i didn't think it was a nervous habit until i started driving all over downtown austin, by the time i'd reach my destination my nails would be gone and the tips of my fingers all squishy because i'd have nothing else to bite but skin.

vandalizing important documents and advertisements at work is another one. i doodle all over whatever is near me.
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Raizhu
the end

I often procrasinate. Trying to get rid of that. >>
I also keep grudges too easily and I can't let them go. Sense of pride, I guess. =/
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I have quite a few, that can be annoying to myself and others. Ugh, I wish I could break some though.

- Biting nails, I do this out of boredom, mostly at School, though.
- Constantly playing with my hair, mostly because when people look at me weird I think "omg my hair! ):"
- Talking too loud, I talk really loud and even I find it annoying.
- Laughing at the wrong time, when I'm getting wrong or there's a really sad moment at a movie I'll probably burst into laughter

They're probably my worst.
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I pop my toes, and knuckles a lot. My wrists and neck too at times.

I've been trying really hard to stop, but I just can't for some reason.

(At least I don't eat the skin off my fingers anymore. >.>)
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old September 19th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Xyrin
Furret

Nature: Jolly
Been popping my fingers for years. I do my fingers... My knees, My neck, My toes, my shoulders, my elbows, my knees, and my ankles. Yeah I'm really bad. I probably forgot some joints. >_>

I also stutter, I talk too much, I make myself look like an idiot, I lose my top way too easy for stuff way too stupid and not worth my time, I have a habit of singing for no reason. I just get bored and sing about what I'm doing, I'm not even good at singing! I just start singing "I'm on the computer yeah. Pretty fuuuuun." And stuff like that, I don't do it much though.

I'm also really hyper and I do all kinds of stuff, I can't sit still so I sit in all kinds of different positions. I will change positions every 5 minutes. I normally put my left leg under my butt, but sometimes I perch like batman when nothing is helping and I get a really bad urge to move my legs. It usually helps.

I'm so weird lol.

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Pokemon Trainer Touko
春野サクラ ♥

→ Randomly laughing/smiling when daydreaming during class. :'D
→ Constantly poking people
→ Using too many smileys? >w<;
→ Taking too many showers. D: And also really long ones especially at night. owo
→ Talking too much
→ Always being hyper due to the amount of candies I eat everyday. .__. I'm probably going to get diabetes when I grow up.
→ Swearing too much. I get into soooo much trouble with my teachers for doing so. ;~;

That's it I guess.. I probably have a few more weird/bad/stupid habits but whatever I'm not going to list them all 'cause I'm lazy. o3o
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:28 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
For some reason, I like to crack my knuckles out of habit. It seems to calm me. Also, sometimes I pull strands of hair out of my head and I don't know why.

Old September 20th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Briar
how do you make coffee sexy?

Nature: Impish
i tend to peel lips whenever i'm thinking or whenever i'm not doing anything. it's a really bad habit that has already caused my lips to bleed numerous times.
oh, and i tend to crack my knuckles. although i don't think that's an unpleasant habit.

i'm Briar.
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I do a lot of finger, knuckle, and neck popping quite often. I tend to do it without even taking notice of it at times and it's...been rather difficult lately after having nearly broke a thumb that's in a finger splint now, not popping it is brutal.

...I also have an odd verbal habit or two that always makes people give me odd looks when they first encounter them. The most obvious/strangest one is that I tend to do this..."arara"...sound thing...whenever I sigh or feel tired. It's bugged me for years but is definitely one of those habits that I would have a very hard time breaking. XD;

Paired With Signomi - Brothers with Arcanine

Last edited by Ryoutarou; September 20th, 2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I used to have the habit of cracking my knuckles and other joints a lot, but for some reason that habit just seemed to stop. I still do it on occasion, but just not as often. One habit that has been stuck with me for years, and it's probably my worst habit that I keep fighting myself to stop, is biting my finger nails.

Other habits I have are:

- frequently smiling
- laughing, even when it might not be the most appropriate time or if it's just random
- always moving; I can't seem to ever be still, even while sitting down
- covering in a blanket while watching a show on the television or reading
- rolling up in a ball while sleeping, and putting my entire self under the blanket
- changing the tone of my voice from time to time
- constantly playing music
- doodling. If there's a piece of paper of some kind near me and a pen or pencil, I will start doodling
- talking to myself. I'm not weird, I just like thinking aloud is all

There's so much more to list, that I can't even think of them all. This is probably the longest list of habits I have concocted of myself though, and I'm honestly afraid to keep going, because I know there's a ton more; some that I'm may not even be self-conscientiously aware of.
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:57 PM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
My worst us probably biting my nails. I do this all the time, I don't even realize it most of the time ); Another thing is swearing at school. I do it wayy to much, way to loudly at all the wrong times, like when my teachers are right behind me.

Old September 21st, 2011, 04:44 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I constantly have to be moving some part of my body, and I'm constantly scratching my bosy due to my allergic skin condition. I also tend to mumble random stuff, hum songs that are stuck in my head, talk to myself, and get up and wander around at night if I can't fall asleep.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Bad:
Snapping at people, correcting others, sarcasm, getting bored easily, not really caring for others problems much (if I don't know them.), etc.

And as for good, I guess smiling, whenever I'm with friends or family that is.
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM
BareBones
The kids are all messed up.

Send a message via Skype™ to BareBones
I crack my knuckles frequently. Snapping at people. Being too short-tempered. Being very sarcastic.

| World of Warcraft | Homestuck | Persona 3 | Persona 4 |
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Alley Cat
Advanced Trainer

I crack my knuckles a lot, and bite my nails. Not so much on the nail biting though. I think out loud. I randomly smile all the time. I forget what I'm supposed to say because I'm thinking too fast. Blahh.
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Physco
2+2=5

Nature: Relaxed
I screaming at my DS when I start losing a battle.
I know, crazy.
I once [accidentally] broke my DS Lite when I smashed it against the wall.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links