Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page college / uni / etc

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old September 20th, 2011 (01:46 PM).
majorah man
Administrator

Do you attend, or plan to intend, College or University (depending on what you call it)? If so, what do you intend to study and how hard was it / will it be to enter into your course? If not, why not?
Old September 20th, 2011 (02:59 PM).
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
Platinum Tier

Well the course that i want to get onto is an introductory teaching course and the requirements are next to nothing really. You need a C grade in both english and math and then you need to do an interview where you prove you have a passion for teaching and the subject you'd be going into.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old September 20th, 2011 (03:40 PM).
The transient snowman

Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
I do intend plan on going ^-^ I'll be studying Pre-pharmacy for a year to finish up pre-reqs and then I'll enter a graduate program to continue studying so I can become a doctor of Pharmacy ^-^

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.
Old September 20th, 2011 (04:08 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I'm in college right now, majoring in elementary education. Can't wait to start classes that are actually relevant to my major. I think about how I'm going to teach, what my classroom will look like, where I'll be, etc all the time. Getting antsy lol.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old September 20th, 2011 (04:22 PM).
Ayselipera

Well I'm technically still deciding what I want to do for college next year, but I've really been thinking about it and have started to lean towards film school so we'll see! Otherwise my only other thought is go in for a history degree and then besides that I have no idea whatsoever.
Old September 20th, 2011 (06:28 PM).
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
My major is architecture and I got to college last year. Pretty good experience so far, but I must say it's been very expensive, too. (what's with all those guys with the 3 i-phones and the macbooks all over the place)

My course has been mainly projective and less theoretical than most undergraduate majors. However, we had a lot of modelling courses where I did poorly-I'm a pathetic modeler-and I have to redo all of them this year.
Old September 20th, 2011 (07:01 PM).

When I graduate, there are two that I want to get into, depending on what I do decide to do.

University of California Berkeley
-Great Parties
-Great Drugs
-Very Political
-Great Professors

Academy of Art San Francisco
-It's the bay, dude.
-Paaaaaaarties!
-One of the Gay Capitals
-I love this school.
-Very interesting majors
-Economic

So, the bay has more incentives in a sense, but the politics thing is HUGE HUGE HUGE for me.
Old September 21st, 2011 (12:19 AM).
春野サクラ ♥
Gold Tier

OMG. I just realized that I'm going to University in less than 4 years. o.o When I graduate from high school, I want to go to London business school, Yale, University of Pannsylvania or IMD. :DDD And study Economics and Finance. (Hopefully) :>
Old September 21st, 2011 (12:32 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

I take Journalism and Broadcasting at University.

Last year I took boring units that weren't really related to my majors, but this year it's like, broadcasting first semester and journalism based second semester so it's a good mix. :)

Oh, and this is my fourth semester right now, only two to go!
Old September 21st, 2011 (01:15 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm planning to take psychology or a science as my major in college, though I'm not exactly sure what college I'm going to.

Old September 21st, 2011 (01:31 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
can't afford the uni fees and colleges here are rubbish too
Old September 21st, 2011 (02:03 AM).
a.k.a: ethan.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Ayselipera:
Well I'm technically still deciding what I want to do for college next year, but I've really been thinking about it and have started to lean towards film school so we'll see! Otherwise my only other thought is go in for a history degree and then besides that I have no idea whatsoever.
In my experience, just do something. If you don't like it, your can always transfer and often keep certain units for credit towards the next course. If you don't try it, you won't know if you like it or not. :D Sure, there might be a little more in the way of fees at the end, but it's more important to come out the other end being able to do a job you want.
Quote originally posted by Truality:
(what's with all those guys with the 3 i-phones and the macbooks all over the place)
So many people at uni go for the Apple look. Half of them don't have a clue how to use them
Old September 21st, 2011 (02:18 AM).
how do you make coffee sexy?

Nature: Impish
well, i'm currently in university now so... yeah.
i'm currently taking up psychology as a course. according to a lot of people, it's hard to get a slot for that course (in my school, that is). like, i heard that you needed a pretty high GPA in order for you to shift to that.
personally, i haven't exactly experienced if it's hard in itself to be studying psychology, as i still have to wait for another semester to be majoring it.

i'm Briar.
Old September 21st, 2011 (03:12 AM).
Haven't been here for ages...
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
I am planning to go to uni and pick a course related to either business, law or more likely environmental science. I am only heading into year 11 so I picked Adv. English, Gen. Maths, Studies of religion 2unit (RE unit compulsory), Economics, Geography and Biology with Modern History as a back up. I am one of the higher achieving students and the Geo. course has been confirmed to run so I am confident I will get all my choices.

Old September 21st, 2011 (03:56 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
I have already been to University and graduated! :D
However, I am currently working at the same University as an IT technique! :3

I studied Games Technology and it was blooming hard. You might think that it sounds easy, but I dare you to do it! XD

Go me.
Old September 21st, 2011 (04:17 AM).
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
I am in college now and I plan to transfer to UC after next year but I have no idea what my major would be as for now so........yeah
Old September 21st, 2011 (04:19 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
I lasted one semester at university back in 2009. It wasn't that I sucked at it (in fact, I did quite well!), it was that every time I was there, I could feel myself slowly dying inside. It was stressful and boring at the same time, and I just absolutely dreaded going there every day. Until one night, I was sitting in an Economics lecture, not paying attention once again, and I thought "well why the hell am I here?" and I got my stuff together and left.

I kept my student ID card though, and have gotten into the movies cheap ever since I will go back one day (to study something that is not Business) but when and what are still a mystery. I'm quite happy for now

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 21st, 2011 (04:35 AM).
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
I lasted one semester at university back in 2009. It wasn't that I sucked at it (in fact, I did quite well!), it was that every time I was there, I could feel myself slowly dying inside. It was stressful and boring at the same time, and I just absolutely dreaded going there every day. Until one night, I was sitting in an Economics lecture, not paying attention once again, and I thought "well why the hell am I here?" and I got my stuff together and left.

I kept my student ID card though, and have gotten into the movies cheap ever since I will go back one day (to study something that is not Business) but when and what are still a mystery. I'm quite happy for now
Same here
Even though I just go to college but I start to feel like......Tired. Wish I could just get out like you did but I just can't
Old September 21st, 2011 (04:39 AM).
#TeamRockHillSC
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Already attended both undergraduate and graduate school, studied Math for undergrad and Finance for grad work. Best nine and a half years of my life, but at least I have two degrees to show for it Sadly, no jobs yet...

I'd go back again except that doctorate courses are hard as heck and I don't need that much of a challenge xD But I loved the college life.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old September 21st, 2011 (06:37 AM).
Gold Tier

I'm in university right now doing French studies, hoping to eventually teach. But what I ~really~ want to do is get a Music degree and teach that instead, however, I'm not quite at the level they require for auditions (I'm so close to it though!). French is more or less a back up plan/plan B at the moment.
Old September 21st, 2011 (06:39 AM).
. . .
Silver Tier

I'm in a two-year community college right now, getting a degree in liberal arts because I am not 100% sure yet as to what I would like to do.
Old September 21st, 2011 (08:47 AM).
No need to be bitter,is there?

Nature: Relaxed
Although I'm at least 3 years from uni,I'd like to do CHemistry,Math,Physics,Pharmaceutics,and so on.Because ,although the content is easy,I never had any big prolems with that,so I'll use High School to see if it'd be okay to keep with that dream.Medicine wouldn't hurt either although I'm messy and stubborn,so ...

;P
Old September 21st, 2011 (09:06 AM).

Not going to uni. I hated school, I hate college, I hate the education system as a whole. I'm just going to end up with a white collar job anyway.

Last year I made all my plans and wrote my personal statement and it got to where I was about to apply and I just thought to myself "why am I doing this?" and the answer wasn't because I wanted to, it's because I felt obliged too. And with the whole price raise, no guarantee of a job when I come out etc. I just thought, forget it. Sooo maybe I will one day but not now!

I'm really lucky because my dad has been really supportive
Old September 21st, 2011 (09:13 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I was raised in an environment where it wasn't like "Do you want to go to college?" It was more like "So after you graduate high school and start college..." It was never an option for me, it was just expected, but that's fine because my passion is computers and I can really hone that in college. x]

I go to the University of Notre Dame, which I'm sure everyone knows by now cause I talk about it so much and my ego emblem is even about it. I'm a Computer Engineering major starting my sophomore year, and...it's tough definitely. But the things that are tough are the requirements outside of my major of choice, Physics and Biochemistry and stuff like that. The ones that are Computer Engineering-specific classes I adore and I can't wait to get into more of them. <333333

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old September 21st, 2011 (10:29 AM).
→Not someday.Today is the day.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
I'm starting Uni next July/September to do a foundation course, then I will go onto do a degree/course for Illustration. I'm looking pretty forward to it, actually, but hopefully by the end of it all. I will go onto do what I have wanted to do and at the moment, I'm kind of already in a college taking Art and ICT double award A levels to help towards my portfolio for University.

DA||MAL

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)