Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Playground
Reload this Page Ctrl+V [Yet Again]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Playground It's time to save yourself from the everyday trials and tribulations of your vigorous post day. Welcome to the Playground, where the only posts are frantic fun and hilarious hijinks.

Closed Thread

Old December 8th, 2011 (11:00 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Nature: Bold

Hex codes for profile. Actually blog rn. I think.

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Harper ♦ Sorley ♦ Bree ♦ Adrienne ♦ Shi Bao
Old December 8th, 2011 (11:22 PM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Photo on 2011-10-07 at 19.17 #5

Changing my twitter profile pic to one from my Photo Booth folder.

Kamex - Drill - Sleeper
Old December 9th, 2011 (04:25 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
NICA X OPPO GOSH

^One of my catchphrases.
Old December 9th, 2011 (04:28 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Tachibana Azumi
...because I finally got around to giving them the pairing emblem, I've been busy okay ;__;!!
Old December 9th, 2011 (04:36 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6959283&postcount=357

I'm not even sure what that link is now... I guess I'll find out when I click it lol

EDIT: Oh right, I was copying that to send to people on IRC lol

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old December 9th, 2011 (04:59 AM).
rising star
Administrator, BSCS

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6959272&postcount=412

looks like it's "link to Shining Raichu's posts" day. I was sending him this on Msn to tell him how much of an idiot he looked there.

Because I'm nice like that. <3
Old December 9th, 2011 (09:12 AM).
keep out. seriously.
Moderator, CS

Nature: Gentle

Messing 'round with my signature so I had space to advertise the Prettiest Profile Contest. c:
Old December 9th, 2011 (10:23 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

I got bored and started looking at resident evil stuff. :3

Old December 9th, 2011 (03:59 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Even bunny slopes terrify me. There's just no way haha.

Oh. That was for the post I just did in Other Chat lmao - this Ctrl V thread could get addictive.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old December 9th, 2011 (06:42 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/

Er... yeah. Knitting goals. I have to learn how first though.

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old December 9th, 2011 (06:55 PM).
Certified Responsible Adult
Crystal Tier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

The sound...OF DIAL UP INTERNET. Holy cow that is nostalgia right there. xD I was showing this to a friend, lol, we were talking about dial up internet. xD
Old December 9th, 2011 (09:42 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Moderator, CS

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1640124979.png

My internet speed earlier tonight. Lightning fast, right? :P

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old December 9th, 2011 (09:44 PM).
menacing
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Super meat boy level editor

..I was searching for one. I mean, I wanna play that extra stage the game has to offer since I've collected 20 bandages. /non-SMB players won't understand a thing here but w/e.
Old December 9th, 2011 (10:15 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Spoiler:
~Torchwood spoilers ahoy~

I'm not worried about Torchwood. Torchwood is done. It should have ended with CoE, because after that... there was no Torchwood. I mean, what was the real purpose of Torchwood Three? Rift maintenance. Keeping Cardiff clean of extraterrestrial debris. Torchwood Three was basically full of really cool janitors. The division of the organization went something like:

One: Defense of Earth, Extraterrestrial Research
Two: Paperwork
Three: Cleanup and Cataloging
Four: Highly Experimental (probably; afaik it vanished)

What I'm trying to say is that Earth Defense wasn't really Three's job. They didn't have the tech, manpower, resources, anything. Especially after CoE. The only reason they kept on for CoE was Jack's personal involvement and the fact that the remaining team members were being hunted down for assassination. The Hub was gone, their normal job was gone, everything was going to hell. Then certain people died, Jack ran away, and it was actually a very tidy ending.

But then suddenly he's back on Earth for Miracle Day (which honestly I watched like 5 1/2 eps of and couldn't force myself to watch more) and Torchwood Gwen and Jack are off to save the world from nastiness, which has something to do with a former lover of Jack's and insane plots. Aliens? What aliens? Just humans and guns and economic devastation. Tbh it was boring and sickening and... didn't feel like Torchwood. Not much could top CoE, sure, but it could have been so much better than that. Besides, the continuity is so screwed up with DW continuity now. Best explanation is definitely parallel universe (Trousers of Time version).

....Anyway. Main point. Torchwood is gone. All that's left is possibly Four- One was destroyed in the Battle of Canary Wharf of course. Two was disbanded prior to CoE and Three was done in CoE. There's really not much left to work with.

I don't want to see any more Torchwood. Rambling rant over.

Eep. Spoilered for length and spoilers (Torchwood/Doctor Who).

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old December 10th, 2011 (04:38 AM).
a.k.a: ethan.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Q9450

It's a Core 2 Quad CPU I had copied to check the TDP of. 95W, for the record. :cer_laugh:
Old December 10th, 2011 (04:46 AM).
rising star
Administrator, BSCS

http://signavatar.com/17405_s.png

The image link for my signature, which doesn't seem to be working properly. =/
Old December 10th, 2011 (09:02 AM).
E N T E R T A I N E R
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I guess I'm just a background person.

...This is from quoting Anna last night in her blog because it also applied to me XD; I'm surprised I haven't Command + V'd anything since.
Old December 10th, 2011 (03:11 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Spoiler:
I still am a huge Torchwood fan. But I really, really dislike MD. It was too drawn-out with too much random violence and hanging plot threads. It simply was not executed well. Especially with the problem of Rex. The best shows really have most everything tied up by the end of the season, and if you leave things hanging like that it's actually not that promising. Viewers like a resolution, not more twisted complications. [side note: this is why PotC2 was the worst of its series.]
Really, if Jack is to be further explored, I think bringing him back to DW as a semi-frequent companion would be best. Maybe getting about the same amount of screentime River did the last few seasons.

The thing is, Torchwood can't be recreated. There is a reason One was never rebuilt, Two closed down, Four was never found. Besides that, they used to get funding and everything directly from the heads of the British government. If they're gallivanting off in America, how are they gonna be funded? If they're not funded, how are they going to have the equipment necessary to take on worldwide attacks and such? And how are they going to get to London fast enough when aliens inevitably strike there?
Honestly, the only way I see Torchwood continuing is if Three's surviving members find Four and join up with them or something.

Insurance for when the Doctor isn't there, sure. But he's got a phone [though he seems to rarely answer] and pops back and forth often enough that he's hear about some huge event. That's why MD makes no sense- would Martha have not called the Doctor? Would the Doctor have not notice something amiss? He's been back a crap-ton of times with Amy and Rory supposedly during the events of MD. [ooh new idea MD happened in the aborted timeline of series 5's finale]
Torchwood's not overstepping their bounds, no, but they're overstepping their abilities. They haven't got the resources- no you know what I've said it already. The Doctor's wishes are all well and good [and are more along the lines of "humans should start developing planetary shields and practicing communications with extraterrestrials"], but they really can not conceivably take this on themselves. They're only humans and semi-immortals. They haven't got a TARDIS or insane knowledge of the universe's intricate workings. They barely saved the world in the last few seasons and even then lost a hell of a lot of people. And the thing is, both times it wasn't even an exciting and brilliant resolution- it was hell. It was terrifying. It was depressing. And it worked once, really well, but you can't keep doing that kind of thing over and over for your conclusions. People don't watch to be sad and horrified- they want at least a decent end to the emotional turmoil.

Honestly MD would have worked best as a movie if anything. It was stretched too thin for ten episodes. Two and a half hours would have been perfect.

Quote:
Plus if you don't want to see any more Torchwood, then don't watch it. Problem solved. :P
This, I don't ever tolerate anyone saying, especially when you know perfectly well what I mean. I mean I don't want to see another disappointment attached to Torchwood. I don't want it to exist, because when that kind of thing happens people start forgetting about the brilliance that came before it. It'll be like Brett Favre's career.

In other news, I'm learning how to knit so I can make Four's scarf. Yes that is the only reason.

oh it's that. I keep copying my rants in case PC decides to derp. ^^;

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old December 11th, 2011 (04:54 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Apparently I have my blog entry on c/p, much to #tpc's surprise.
Old December 11th, 2011 (05:17 AM).
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
My Last RP Post. @_@"

Spoiler:

Rudolf knocked a little tune he made right at that moment on the headmaster’s door. Zest shot through his arm and transformed into Butterfrees as it reached his stomach; forcing a friendly smile to grow on his face, whether he wanted it to or not. Today he arrived at the academy, don’t you know. Very big deal. He can remember getting the letter, too. Back when he was home, the amount of laziness he was exhibiting that day was impeccable. He only moved from the couch he plopped himself the night before to get breakfast (cold pizza, naturally.) Otoño was out of his pokéball of course, like he always is, and was oddly dancing around with the air that day. It was strange and extremely fascinating, because on any other day he would’ve joined in Rudolf’s laziness binge. It probably should’ve been studied further (it most likely had to do with the upcoming changing of season) but low and behold, Rudolf found himself too preoccupied with that new medieval game for the brand new game system his Dad had gotten him. His Dad was wicked nice and generous. Perhaps too much so. Rudolf sometimes feared he has gotten too used to having every material possession he wanted. What happens if that all goes away?

“Yes?” a voice finally said after that odd pause. The headmaster must be doing work.

“Hi!” Rudolf replied, unaffected by the bothered tone of his superior. “It’s Strangolagalli! The new teacher.”

“Right, right, come in. The door is open.” The voice replied, dropping gradually in volume as the sentence continued.

Rudolf pushed the door open with his free hand and entered the clean, cluttered office of the headmaster, Pr. Oak. Books lined the shelves of the place, each containing knowledge on every subject ever thought up of probably. The Professor looked up to find the slender gentleman just standing there with a silly grin sewn on his face, waiting instruction. A Carnivine was right next to him, arms wrapped tightly around his master’s leg and staring unblinkingly into the professor’s eyes. The Professor sighed and opened a drawer on his side of the desk.

“This is your house key,” Oak murmured as he presented it to Rudolf and slightly jingled them. Placing them on the surface of the desk, Oak reached in and pulled out a dusty but otherwise very new textbook with a plain black cover; having the words “BREEDING 101” etched into it with small silver letters. “And this is your lesson plan.”

Rudolf had to pause for a second to absorb the concept of being the teacher of a textbook class after he saw that dull black book. You know what he means. Those classes that have to follow a textbook, those classes that the teachers are basically just advanced audio tapes. Those classes that barely need any attention because the teacher can just as easily say “read page so-and-so and come to me if you’re too stupid to get it the first time.” Not what he expected, to say the least.

Hearing no response, Oak re-organized the items so the textbook rested on the wood desk and the keys rested upon the former. “You also provide general tutoring to the students if they desire it or we desire it. Clear, Mr. Strangolagalli?”

“Yeah, I get it.” Rudolf said, slightly subdued as he scratched the side of his forehead.

“Right then. Take your things and go. Your home is the little house at the edge of the forest if you take a right near the Suicune doors. Pay day is Friday.” And with that, the famous professor picked up his fancy pen and continued what he was doing before being so rudely interrupted.

----

Rudolf sighed as he seated himself on the bench nicely positioned right outside his house. He would’ve been walking or something, but unpacking was quite the hassle. Not that Rudolf was a Prima Donna, oh no, he actually liked organizing things. The actual unpacking part was no trouble. It was that nasty Beedrill that flew into his house because of the forest-facing window he just had to open. “Fresh air!” he noted. “Beautiful day!” he insisted. Rudolf chuckled at his naivety. Otoño went ballistic of course. Rudolf didn’t even have to utter a command before it was Leech Seed this and Leaf Tornado that.

Rudolf looked back at the little home he now had. It and all its now ruined glory. But thinking about it, Rudolf decided the little chippings in the walls and cracked windows probably made it more unique. In fact, he liked it. Thanks, Beedrill. Wonder if it was wild…. Hm. Then again, was he really interested in catching a Beedrill?

The tiny, strangled snores of Otoño broke his train of thought as the grass monster slept at his feet. Little guy was exhausted after beating that bug to a pulp. Leaving it at the Pokémon Center was the least Rudolf could’ve done for that bee…. After a thrashing like that they were entitled to an apology. Heh. Funny how things work like that. Rudolf reached down and grabbed his Pokémon, which barely noticed as its mouth flapped all the way open. Chortling, Rudolf shut its mouth once again and softly petted it as it instinctively clutched itself on Rudolf’s torso. What a sweetheart Otoño could be sometimes. Only for Rudolf, too.

Only for Rudolf.

"The Abstract Gambler!" - PKMN Collector Elwood (キヨシ Kiyoshi)
Giver of the Figurative Badge | Specializes in Inverse Battles | Rewards TM64 Explosion
x
A Song of Ice and Fire // DEAD, Day XVII out of XVIII; Melisandre of Asshai (Baratheon/Targaryen)
x
Beginner's Mafia: Trouble In The Guild! (Ongoing Game)
x
Midnight Crew Mafia: We Run This City (Ongoing Game)
x
Gods Among Us (Ongoing Game)
x
AitC: Through The Aura // WINNER; Arkus the Assassin (Scum)
x
Death Note Mafia (Ongoing Game)
x
PokeCommunity Uprising: The Underground (Ongoing Game)
x
Mathia (Ongoing Game)
x
The Fangirl (Ongoing Game)
Old December 11th, 2011 (06:57 AM).
I Train pikachu obviously.....

Nature: Jolly
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn36/pikachu_trainer/shakugannoshana.jpg

I sig I made.,'
i was supposed to show it to someone.,'

Old December 11th, 2011 (07:01 AM).
E N T E R T A I N E R
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
http://dear-mun.livejournal.com/44548736.html

Just copy-pasting something from the RP Anon. Comm. at LJ. Apparently this is a Sephiroth people don't want around. I don't really like FFVII (though Crisis Core is awesome 'cause ZACK) so I don't really know what to say.
Old December 11th, 2011 (07:55 AM).
keep out. seriously.
Moderator, CS

Spoiler:
Of course Mithos was going to worry about his dear older sister! Why would he not unless she was right beside him and fine?

As his sister narrowed the distance between them, Mithos then commenced to hug her back once she hugged him. Even though it was only a few days, it was nice to feel his sister's warmth again.

"Martel! I'm doing okay! Everyone has been nice so far," Mithos replied, looking up as his sister and smiling. He hasn't met too many people, but none of the ones he has met has been hostile.

Mithos then blinked, "Yuan?" He didn't know that Yuan was here either. Well... he couldn't really be update about it, the more companions the better. "I see... alright."

Soon enough Mithos noticed the blue haired companion, almost missing the two of them. When he spoke, Mithos held back a smirk. Come on Yuan. You knew you just wanted to mention Martel and not her sister. Nevertheless, Mithos nodded.

"Yuan. It seems you are alright as well," he acknowledged.

---------------------

Ahhh, i copied this because i didn't pick the right icon on lj, and then reposted it with the right icon. so yeah. post for a log on livejournal.
Old December 11th, 2011 (12:20 PM). Edited March 16th, 2012 by Volcarona.
then live beautifully until the end
Silver Tier

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268689

I was taking my occasional stroll through OT when I noticed this. I copied its link and showed it to some friends.

river of the heavens
Rules
Trainer Info
Trophy Case
Whitelist
Wants
Offers

Rules and Regulations

1. Do not offer hacked Pokémon.
2. Do not offer public (Pokécheck) Pokémon.
3. Post all trade offers in this thread first.
4. Provide OT, ID, IVs, EVs, etc when offering.
5. Be courteous to us and all traders.
6. Respect our Pokémon's redistribution rules.
7. Credit the original trainer.
8. Do not illegally edit our Pokémon's nickname, etc.
9. Please do not give away our Pokémon.
10. Be prompt when going on Wi-Fi.

Trainer Information

| | | | | |

Trophy Case

Wants

Offers

Volcarona
Alice | 57098 | Timid | Flame Body
Bug Buzz | Heat Wave | Quiver Dance | Fly
31 | 19 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Untrained at Level 70
Non-Redistributable

Volcarona
Alice | 57098 | Timid | Flame Body
Bug Buzz | Heat Wave | Quiver Dance | Fly
31 | 19 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Untrained at Level 70
Non-Redistributable

Espeon
Alice | 57098 | Timid | Magic Bounce
Synchronoise | Quick Attack | Stored Power | Bite
31 | 2 | 30 | 30 | 30 | 30
252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd at Level 36
Fully Redistributable

Rotom
Alice | 57098 | Timid | Levitate
Volt Switch | Hidden Power | Trick | Hydro Pump
31 | 22 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31
4 HP/254 SAt/252 Spd at Level 24
Fully Redistributable

Justice the Braviary ♂ ★
Alice | 57098 | Adamant | Sheer Force
Brave Bird | Superpower | Rock Slide | U-turn
31 | 31 | 31 | 8 | 31 | 31
6 HP/252 Att/252 Spd at Level 63
Fully Redistributable

I only want to hear your beautiful laughter
It flares up and sparkles
The magic within you which I cannot see in myself
Old December 12th, 2011 (07:20 AM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-EN8HGkjg4

Ooh, that. I was posting it to tumblr because it is very cool.

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)