The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero

Advertise here
I'll limit Alexander to the Squash & Stretch, if that works (and a few random cartoony acts that don't really relate to any other powers (like falling into the ground and making an Alex-shaped hole); I plan on one of his excuses for doing spontaneous and rather dangerous things involving having no brain anymore, and opening his head to a phonograph in his skull playing elevator music, among other things >>).

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; February 10th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old February 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Sorry Torn, I'm not a big fan of cartoon physics as an ability, taking your example, it would mean that Alex's father would be disrupting the earth, an unnatural occurance from him falling into the ground; which would mean him altering the earth and bending reality. Abilities are more to do with the physicals world rather than the fabric of reality. despite the fact everyone has powers, I want to keep it with some semblance of normality.

If I may suggest, moving away from the cartoon physics idea of an ability and coming up with something different would be nice.
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
^
That site up there is helpful if you are looking for ideas for some abilities. Just throwing it out there.

/shot for being useless.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Silver Rogue
RolePlayer

Nature: Calm
Alright guys, just a heads up, I will be slightly absent this weekend.

I'm going to be heading up to Duluth, a 3-4 hour drive from where I live, staying there for a few hours, and then coming back. Why must you have a sermon in Duluth tomorrow Dad! Oh well, the driving is fun, even if it is for about 8 hours total.

Then on Sunday I'm going snowboarding with some friends, so that should be awesome.

Any other time I have left will probably be taken up by studying for a big test on Monday, and then just doing general homework.

But, I'll see if I can find some time. I'm sure the urge to procrastinate will hit me some time this weekend!
Disease Deoxys
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
That's all good guy! Have fun!! :D :D :D
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
TornZero

Aw; but oh well, I can edit it a bit.

How's Property Osmosis sound, then? He can absorb some of the properties of whatever solid thing he's holding, like the durability of steel in his skin if he gets his hands on steel. Think Kevin Levin if you've seen Ben 10.

Spoiler:
I have a first post ready, so right now I'm kind of just editing it to adjust to Alex.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; February 10th, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:54 PM
revlis
Community Supporter

Yes that is not a problem.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Aura Rift
Mantle of flame

Nature: Docile
Are there any spots left for this? (In other words, this looks insane and I really wanna join like nao :3)

Yes I really am so awkward I got the least likely answer on this test. A teddy bear pokemon I guess on the plus side... I'm cuter than everyone else *smugface*
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM
revlis
Community Supporter

Sure, we are still open, I look forward to reading your SU.
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
I want to join this! But I've never been in an RP that's made me feel like I need to be more descriptive with my characters! For me, that means this SU might take a while.

Is it okay if I post a WIP in a spoiler and work on it there? My computer arrangement for the moment is a little erratic, so I can't really save it here.
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
That is totally fine. I do that all the time. d;

Wow, so many potential people in a short amount of time! This'll really expand Atlantis!
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Aura Rift
Mantle of flame

Honestly, I don't see why this RP isn't flooded and I mean FLOODED with SUs, I mean it looks really promising and is one of the only non-pokemon related RPs at the moment that seem to have any potential :3

Anyways I'll have the SU up soon, but it's quite late where I am so expect a WIP, Im going to give quite a bit of effort for this one

Yes I really am so awkward I got the least likely answer on this test. A teddy bear pokemon I guess on the plus side... I'm cuter than everyone else *smugface*
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:29 PM
TornZero

Oh yeah, I have a Skype under tornzero it's a good idea to get involved in that trend here.

Old February 11th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
A fellow Skyper. This is promising!

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:53 PM
TornZero

Yeah, I've had it for a long while now (I can't remember why; maybe it was just to have it) but never had a reason to use it.

Old February 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Here's my small WIP. I'll hopefully finish it today, though it will likely be tomorrow when it's done.

Question though, I'm really stuck on what power I should have, my choices being Nothingness Manipulation and Energy Manipulation. I'll probably make the ability information for them both but I kinda want to see what you guys think as well.

Edit: Hmm, thinking about changing his personality but I think it's going good so far.

Edit 2: Got a little history done, but not much.

Edit 3: Done, feel like the power is a bit over the top but cons may help me keep it...

Main Information:

Name: Brian Sheppard
Height: 6'3" / 187.96 cm
Weight: 180 lbs / 81.64 kg

Appearance:

Atlantean Tattoo: Brian's tattoo is by far an intricate design. The design mainly consists of circles and arrow-like shapes. The tattoo is based primarily on his back, although arrows do branch off the already protruding ones down the side of his arms.

Physical: Brian is an average man with an average build. He isn’t a small person and no one would classify him as a big mini tank. He is a fit man with muscle and visible abs from working out and running. His nearly straight white teeth gives him a warm smile, allowing people to feel safe when with him. His eyes are a light reddish-mahogany color. His skin is a bit pale, putting contrast with his short, messy dirty blonde colored hair. When nervous, happy, or on occasion, extremely angry or sad, his hands will glow from an icy blue to a yellowish white light (Powers will explain).

Clothing: Clothing-wise, Brian dresses, well, normal. He wears Carbon Jeans, some with the pre-made holes and some without. He usually has shirts made by Raw State as each is original, handmade, and just plain beautiful and amazing. In the colder months, he will wear either his nice leather jacket or a hoodie. His shoes are basic Adidas black running shoes. He does have a single necklace that he got from his mother that has a rune meaning fearless. Though he usually doesn't wear gloves, he does have a pair of black fingerless ones.

Personality:
Brian is one of those people who’ll stand up for something, whether it be rights or just to protect a loved one. He'll be the one that would speak out and give his thoughts on something.Some people may call him brave in the way he jumps into things though others call him an idiot because of it. Although people call him an idiot, he is actually quite intelligent as well as artistic. Nonetheless, he is quite a nice person that people can easily befriend.

When nothing is happening, Brian tends to tap his fingers or anything he is able to use into a beat. This habit kinda started back when he was learning to play the drums and it stuck with him ever since.He is also one of those young adults who try and be the most charming as he can be. This tends to show him as one of the romantic sort, as in, he always tends to have some good manners when hitting on the occasional girl.

Some also call Brian adventurous when they meet him due to the way he acts about doing something exciting as well as other things. He also learned some extra stuff, such as parkour, fencing, and other languages, French and Japanese for example.

His bravery (stupidity) may be a great strength yet it is Brian's biggest downfall as well. Always standing up for something or wanting to save someone nearly always puts him in a position in danger.

History:

Brian was born in a small Iowan town to a young, single women just out of high school. Without the means to take care of the baby boy, he was put up for adoption only a couple days after leaving the hospital. Afterwards, he was raised in a local orphanage for only a couple weeks before being adopted by Scott and Sarah Sheppard, a pair of local doctors who would give him a good life.

For three years, his life sprouted and it was shown that he was a smart kid, already able to talk like he was in kindergarten being a small example. A short time later, Sarah gave birth to a set of twins that would join the family. At that moment, Brian's life became that of a role model for his two new siblings, Jake and Mariah. With that being said, he got close to his brother and sister through the good and bad times, teaching them the little he knew as they became older.

At the age of eight, the family started to travel across the world for the sole purpose that his parents spread their medical knowledge. Their first stop was the US capital of Washington, D.C. where they were able to prepare for everything they could in order for their next stop, a Japanese tutor for example. With that, they left for Shibuya.

The first few months in Japan were a tad hard. The twins, being five, were learning the language rather slow with Brian not learning at the best speed either. Because of it, they were forced to get a home-school teacher for a short while. While being home-schooled however, Brian wasn't able to make as many friends as he could and again became closer Jake and Mariah.

After finishing the language tutoring, he was able to attend the local school for a short time before moving to France a year later. The process seemed to continue with each stop and happened again and again while they went to Cairo, Paris, London, and Rio de Janeiro.

The repeated moves made Brian learn tons of stuff like the languages (obviously), fencing, and martial arts, as well as all of the usual subjects but there were also sons to the moves. Brian changed sometimes and becameadifferent person. At twelve, he tried to be a rock star (who doesn't) and learned to play the drums and guitar. At fifteen, he started acting like a scene kid, going as far as changing his hair style and clothes for a short time. He sometimes didn't know who he was and eventually fell to mood swings after he turned sixteen.

After the start of his swings, the family moved back to the states where they stayed in New York City. Here, Brian got the medication he need that could help him control his emotions to a certain degree, leading to the last year being pretty quiet. Without the moving, there was no need to start learning extra languages and he was able to make more friends. Yeah, it was quiet, that is until the reveal of the Atlanteans. With their reveal, so was Brian's ancestry. He was an Atlantean and soon developed his powers, finally understanding the mood swings.

Ability:

Brian's ability is one of emotion. Each individual ability able to gain power from the feelings he has. It is simply the power of Emotional Energy Manipulation. Currently, he believes that his own mood swings decided the ability for him.

The first noticeable power of relation is that of empathy. Empathy, simply put, is the power to feel another's emotions let off by their own emotional energy. By viewing these emotions, he is able to see the events that led to the emotion, ultimately seeing the targets memory. Sometimes, the thoughts of others seems to take him over when he isn't focused, influencing him to feel the way the other person does. Quite, a big con in his opinion but as long as he doesn't let himself fall to feeling he is perfectly fine.

Furthermore, by focusing his own emotional energy into that of someone else he can seem to do the same thing to them as what happens when he falls to the influence. He is able control their emotion by making it more extreme, such as happiness to joy, or by changing it completely. On occasion,this can make some people do something they wouldn't usually do while they have the same emotion. Again, there is a con. If he were to use the ability to often it could easily backfire, causing him to feel the emotion at it's extreme for awhile.

Writing Sample:

Spoiler:
Cyber-terrorist? I thought as the news continued on. There is just no way. I guess you could say that I was a little annoyed by the fact that the country was being rather ignorant. I decided to leave the room, grabbing my bag and calling bye to my dad.

I completely forgot about my uniform, not that I actually needed it. We were in the middle of Spirit Week at Shibuya High and we were favored to win the tournament finals. It may not be a good week for Tokyo but it sure was for my school!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I had reached my class, I realized that everyone was just as excited. Some kids wore the school colors while others had their hair dyed. As soon as I sat down, Sora and Kazumi were practically on top of me.

"Are you going to the pep rally?" Kazumi asked, eager for the answer.

"Of course," I replied. I watched as her face lit up and I have to say, Sora's did too. We hadn't hung out since the lunch at the mall and it would be fun. I watched as the bell rang, telling everyone to sit down. You could still see the anticipation on everyone's faces.

Soon after we heard an explosion next door in Ms. Chu's class. Everyone, including me, stood up and ran for the door to see everyone piling out and into the old music room. I didn't find out til later what had really happened but alot of rumors had spread about it by the end.

"Finally!" I yelled as the final bell rang. That got some major cheering from the class. Kazumi soon came up, grabbing mine and Sora's hands. She pulled us both to the schools quad where the pep rally was being held. We each sat down in the back row as Coach Watanuki, the captains beside him, started his speech and gave away awards. Boy, this will be an interesting day!

Just as the rookie of the year was ready to receive his award nearly everyone's phones started to ring or vibrate. Everyone answered and immediately hung up as if they didn't care. I check my Droid to see some long number across the screen.

I looked at it for awhile before answering. The voice was odd and mechanical, yet it repeated the same thing over and over again. I ended the call saying wrong number and looked around. Still it seemed no one cared except one other. It was the rookie of the year, Riku I think was his name, and he looked around suspiciously in the same way I did. I pushed the thought away as the awards started again.

We managed to sit through the rest of the speeches and awards without anymore odd occurrences. Luckily, the games were just about to start! Sora ended up beating nearly everyone in one of the games of musical chairs while Kazumi and I won a wheelbarrow with me as the wheelbarrow. All of lost the four-legged race after we tripped over each other.

We played nearly the whole night ending the fun with our favorite, "Let's see how many people we can fit into a car!" game. Each of their parents came to pick them up, both offering a ride. I declined their offers, saying I'd rather walk.

I watched as they both left, thoughts about both of them. I finally started to walk toward my home. Except... This is when the stranger stuff started to happen.

A lightning strike happened across the field I was by, followed by the loudest thunder I had ever heard. It got even weirder as snow started falling. Ya, I said snow. What in god's name? I thought. I stepped closer to the house, now in sight when something happened...

I just froze and yet, everything else did too. A voice had than crawled out of my head, letting me hear it.

"Five strange fingers form Fate’s hand,
Each one plays part at Fate’s command.
A clouded past, the answers it keeps,

Until its time each secret sleeps.
When pain is truth and truth is pain,
The Evil of The Past shall be freed again.
Five shall go but five shall not return,
Vain hope and pride in terror burn."

The echo finished and I gained control of my body once more. Suddenly, I take a step back. Right in front of me stood a squat shape in a brown robe, his face hidden in darkness. He lifted his head, revealing an unattractive, though not grotesque face with missing teeth and a big white mustache.

"Be calm Hiro, don't be afraid," the man said. I just stared at him. How does he know my name? I finally turned, ready to run but he was there. Right in front of me...

He wrenched my hand upward to his face. I pulled as best I could, yet it didn't budge. What is he gonna do to me? I wasn't usually the scared type but you would've been too. I tried pulling my hand away as he smiled.

Suddenly, as if he wanted it to happen, my hand started to shine in an odd pattern. I couldn't even think before the man chuckled.

"I was right," he said to me, "You are one of the chosen children." I finally pulled my hand away saying, "Who are you?"

He just looked at me, a smile still on his face. "You will soon know," he said, disappearing in a rainbow of light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG‎ (7.7 KB, 15 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by The Last Sentinel; February 16th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Aura Rift
Mantle of flame

SU Finished! Phew this was fun to make, I put alot of effort into it and I hope you guys accept me

Spoiler:

Main Information:
Name: Damien Victor Xero
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 165 lbs
Location: Errill Village, Co.Laois, Province of Leinster, Ireland (Eire)

Appearance:

Atlantean Tattoo:
The symbol shown in Damiens tattoo appears to be a collection of waves, or, ripples across his skin it appeared on his right upper arm.
Spoiler:

Physical:
Damien has bright red eyes with slight tints here and there with darker shades, sometimes bordering on black, Damiens adopted father being a dentist, has always prided himself on his son having "perfect" teeth, so Damien has had to be very attentive to dental hygiene having perfecxtly straight and white teeth. He has a smallish nose as far as noses go he'd describe as "small but not freakishly small", his ears are as you'd expect them to be nothing spectacularly brilliant about them, not too big, not too small, however they're usually half covered by his shaggy black hair he has quite thin lips that are usually forming a smile or smirk. His forehead is slightly larger then he'd like it to be but it's really not that big a problem to him. He has a generally long face ending in a pointed chin his cheeks are thin and and turn an obvious bright red against his generally pale skin tone when he's embarassed, his location in the world has little to know sun so he has very little in the ways of a tan. He has large hands with long fingers and trimmed fingernails. He is quite skinny and he's definetely not the strongest or most muscular guy around, this means he weighs a few KG less than most his age but thats never reall phased him, he's rather be more agile than hefty anyway, seems much more logical to him. However standing at 5'9" he is at a fairly average height for his age.

Clothing:
Damien wears mainly good quality clothes when he can his usual outfit consisting of black denim jeans adorned with various chains, one dangling in a curve at the hem of eack of his two front pockets and two others around the bottom of each leg, the jeans also have two back pockets, a basic zipper and caopper button to hold them together, theres also various belt flaps but Damien has no belt and needs no belt to put there, on his feet he wears black or grey socks and his favourite most comfortable black shoes, he has to wear black shoes when he goes to school anyway but he just finds them comfortable enough to wear outside school as well. On his upper body he wears a black abstract T-shirt criss crossed with red lines that highlight his eyes. Over this he wears a black jacket adorned with two more pockets and red stitching inside. He also wears black fingerless leather gloves and a single amulet made of silver that he was left on the orphanage step with as a babe.

Personality:
Damien likes to be adventerous trying new things and doing his best to be good at them, if it turns out he is good at them, he'll strive to be the best at them and if he becomes the best at them, then he'll move on to something new. If he can't become the best at something he'll move on regardless but he'll always have that hidden drive to be better and that will either bring him back to the thing he wasn't the best at, or drive him to fight even harder in his next challenge. In other words Damien is a perfectionist. He's a cocky, flirtacious smart arse whos always making witty remarks, fighting his hardest at everything and getting perhaps a little too comfortable with any girl he finds moderately attractive. However what you mightn't expect from him is an unrelenting level of loyalty, if he respects you as a firend and ally he will fight alongside you till the end. Another unexpected trait is his sensitivity and emotional instability, he might talk big, but he's really just a broken shell holding a soul without a purpose. Regarding my earlier statement he doesn't know what to do with his life. He tries to be the best at everything but that doesn't always work out, he has some training in carpenting but he's still only a rookie. He feels he has no purpose and secretly searches for someone who he feels can give him one.

Since Papa Frederics death hes felt more secluded than before prefering not to interact socially with others, however this is surely just a passing phase. When alone and left without no activity he desperately searches for something to keep him occupied, if he can't find anything he knows he'll start thinking about the events of his past and that will just upset him. When around strangers he tries to appear as cool and friendly as possible and doing his best to make a good impression however his cocky attitude sometimes makes this hard to do. As far as any Religion is concerned he'd prefer to wait and see what happens. However he doubts the powers of the Atlanteans are the gifts of some benevolent deity... When it comes to girls he was the most sought after guy in the orphanage and most of Errill so he's quite confident in approaching girls as they almost always fell for him, in fact he'd find himself quite confused if he met a girl who didn't and his perfectionest nature would most likely drive him to chase her. In summary Damien is a perfectionist, always wanting to do, finish and be better at everything than everyone else, however under all that he has much deeper emotional and spritual levels that after the death of his step-father Papa Frederic he's prefered to keep underwraps, however it won't take much probing to bring it out again.

History:
The flaming crater that had once been a large chunk of Berlin held a single living entity in the center lay a badly burnt and injured boy, his eyes almost melted closed, barly hanging onto life, to the side of him lay the man who had used his body as a final defense to protect him from the full on brunt of the blast. Damiens eyes opened for a brief moment as he felt the tattoo that had recently appeared on his arm burn through his flesh as if it had the intensity of the previous blast. It sent him a message, as if unwilling to give up on its bearers life. However Damien could see his life slipping away from him, his very soul climbing fro his body, only the tattos area left to keep him alive. The energy left his being and moved forward, it stopped over the burnt body of Damiens step-father and fell to its knees. Damien saw through its eyes and felt himself cry with his remaining energy as he looked upon the broken body. Then the aura came back. It leaped up into the air and plunged itself into Damiens chest, Damien felt his heart might explode from the anger and pain he felt and his body was jolted up in a mighty gasp of air and life, and with this final burst of strength Damian cried out.

"HELP ME!!!" The cry echoed across the crater like a megaphone had been multiplied ten fold. Damiens eyes drooped closed again as he saw those helping with the cleanup running towards them, and he felt the hands of those who had answered his call gently lift him off the ground as his eyes clothes once again.

Damian Xero had been found outside St.Colmcilles orphanage for the young in Ireland when he was only just one year old, he was left with a note that read his, name birthday and contained a single amulet shaped like a dove and made of pure silver claimed to be a gift for Damien. Damien was raised and spoilt by his assigned Nun as a child, he still remembers her name, Sister Maria, despite the fact she was a nun she did not force Damien into Christianity, prefering to allow him to find his own way in life and he himself still does not know what to believe in. At the age of seven a kind old man from the country village of Errill was looking for an apprentice carpenter and had come to the orphanage looking to adopt a child he thought worthy to carry on his trade. Damien immediately stepped forward and the Old Man gave him a hatchet, telling him to take it and use it on a wooden block he had laid out as a test. Damien, nervous at first, accepted the challenge and rose the hatchet high above with his scrawny arms and brought it down on the wood. It remained indifferent. Damien tried for hours but couldn't split the block. The Old Man grew tired of this and went to Damien and asked him for the hatchet. Damien frowned and refused. The Old Man looked scepticaly at Damien and asked him why. Damien said that if he gave up so easily then theres no point in him ever trying to do anything in life so he wouldn't stop until he had succeeded. Without another word the Old Man grabbed the hatchet and led Damien back to Sister Maria by the hand. He had expected to be scolded but to his great surprise the Old Man reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen. He asked Sister Maria for the adoption papers and she smiled warmly and handed them over.

The Old Man who Damien grew to know by his name, Allistair Frederic, or Papa Frederic as he prefered, adopted Damien and took him to his small hometown of Errill to train in the Carpenter craft, Papa Frederic was also a wise man and homeschooled Damien from the day he adopted. Despite not being the most muscular of boys and not having many friends to speak of, Papa Frederic said Damien had "inner" stength and that his spirit was strong, he didn't know how right he was. When the revelation of the Atlantians occured Papa Frederic was the first in Errill to find himself with an ability and quickly mastered it, he possesed the power to turn his body into solid steel and almost completely resist any form of explosion or impact, he also gained the ability to sense when others were about to use their powers before they used them, this was proven when Josh unlocked his ability for the first time. Damien had been sent to the store to pick up supplies when he felt his newly aquired tattoo stinging, he had aquired the tattoo the same time as Papa Frederic but still hadn't used his powers. Meanwhile back home Papa Frederic sensed something wrong with Damien and rushed from his shack towards the shop to find Damien collapsed on the ground and a strange energy like form standing over him. The being looked confused but its expression lit up when it saw Papa Frederic who quickly approached. A crowd had gathered then as "Old Mister Frederic" as most locals called him approached the strange energy and touched it, it was barely solid more like the kind of solid you'd feel if you touched a bubble just more rigid and it didn't pop.

The energy after a while seemed to feel content and sense no danger. At this time it smiled and fell back into Damiens body. There was a large gasp and a jolt as energy bolted upright in a cold sweat. He was instantly terrified and extremely weak and tired. So Papa Frederic picked him up and took him home. Damien as soon as home was reached asked what had just happened and the two sat there for hours talking through the possibilities, in the end they agreed that it must be Damiens power and that he could seperate the life from his body to fight for him. It didn't make much sense, but it was the best explanation they could think of. After that Josh became obsessed with his powers, endlessly testing them and often injuring himself. He would constantly go out into the forest and attack the trees there to test himself. He made Papa Frederic worry and that so far is his lifes greatest regret.

In order to take Damienss mind off his powers Papa Frederic surprised him with a holiday. A holiday to Berlin. That they the trgedy happened. Damien passed a hooded man who entered a cafe, he turned around in confusion to see the man sit down at a table with another, the man also had a hood up and had a spiraling Atlantean tattoo painted across his face. Before Damien even realises whats happening, Papa Frederic is running towards him screaming his name, his body has turned to steel and people are crying out in fear of him. Just as Papa Frederic has wrapped himself around him, Damien feels an unnatural ammount of heat, more heat than he's ever felt before, he looks up to see Papa Frederic cringing in pain as the source of heat, the cafe, is no unrecognisable in the flames. Suddenly the fire turns to explosion and Damien watches as he sees people burn and die around him, he looks back up again as the boiling heat starts to make him pass out and the last thing he sees is Papa Frederic smiling through his pain as he shields Damien as best he can.

So now we're up to date the people hired to clean up and look for survivors after the incident at Berlin carried Damien away. Remarkably his Aura and Papa Frederics intervention left Damien with only a few minor and severe burns. From his sospital bed he watches the news report about the Atlanteans being rounded up at those centers. He knows the Nearest one to his home is in London since there was never one placed in Ireland, the small island country always seemed to be overlooked when things like this happened. However instead of heading straight there after his release he heads back home to his shack, the one he shared with Papa Frederic, and sobs after his memories of the old man. However he can't sob for long, he has to go and make sure he is what he thinks he is, an Atlantean, he prepares whatever belongings he has left and heads for London.

Ability:
Auric Seperation:
Damiens power is quite unique and he has yet to find someone with something similar, you see his ability is to allow his body to live (just barely) without its aura, allowing his aura to become a sentient and powerful seperate being. Let me give a further explanation, Damien with enough focus can cut the ties that connect himself with a large part of his life force allowing his very aura to fight for him, it appears as a black mist with tints of red scattered through it, constantly swirling and barely being able to keep the shape of a man. However you may be wondering how Damiens body holds up without his life force. You see Damiens true power is not to simply control aura but rather to eject the aura from his body essentially killing himself if not for his atlantean tattoo, you see the area around his atlantian tattoo will glow when the power is used, refusing to give up the part of Damiens aura the tattoo covers, allowing Damiens body to fall to the ground, as an empty husk until his full aura is returned to him, but empty husk or not the small ammount of aura in his tattoo keeps him alive. The Aura when given shape and form of its own is bound to Damien and sworn to protect him and will fight through thick and thin to do so, reentering his body when the battle ends. The aura being the raw energy of life cannot be killed only dispersed back into Damiens body through performing an action that would kill if it were a true, solid body, however when the aura is dispersed Damien will feel all the pain the aura would have felt during the battle in an instant, this may be enough to kill him depending on the circumstances. The aura uses two one handed curved blades constructed from its own life energy, and is in itself quite agile.

Damiens greatest weakness when fighting through his aura is his own frail body, if Damiens body were to be killed and the aura left in his tattoo dispersed, the remaining aura still fighting would fade into nothingness leaving Damiens memory as nothing more than that, a memory, no soul to pass onto the great beyond and only a slowly rotting shell of what Damien used to be left to exist.

Writing Sample:
(I used this for another SU recently, but it's one of my favourite/best posts so I hope you don't mind if it's used here since as far as I know theres no rule against it)

Spoiler:

Mandel
Sunnyshore City
Aeroplane

As Mandel sat in the plane he thought of everything that had happened to him so far, what had been said, what hadn't and what could never be said again.

Mandel closed his eyes and thought back over his friends and everything they said.

He remebered when he washed up on the shore of Canalave... the tangela.

"The PR could use someone like you..."

Khufu when he enroled for the PR.

"This is a war and we take it seriously..."

Mandels father, Kaleb.

"Thats my boy... that my strong brave little boy..."

Penelope.

"Well if you don't know, then why are you fighting mister Mandel?"

Abe.

"Mandel... don't turn out like me..."

Lydia.

"...well, you probably won't understand, but I miss the old you; the funny, stupid you. The one who ended up making all of those silly, heroic actions which were only half useful. That Leafeon that would make me smile by just being himself..."

Rumble.

"Hey, pal. If you want to save them so much, allow me to show my good willed attitude!"

Sky Ace.

"You're scared. You're a burden to them. Nothing else. Don't get so cocky just because you evolved right now. I know everything."

Celebi.

"I already told you Mandel... your like a son to me... and what kind of Mother would let her son die... if she could take his place..."

Mandel opened his eyes.

So much had happened, he'd met so many pokemon who had affected him in so many different ways, they helped him to grow stronger and to understand just what it means to be a part of something bigger than himself. Its funny... how a war that destroyed so many lives could in the end give someone a whole new perspective on themselves.

Mandel lay back in his seat, what happened after this was over, if they won... then everyone would go their seperate ways and Mandel would be alone again and if they lost... well they lost, thats it they're dead. This battle would be Mandels last adventure with his friends...but what choice was there, death or alone again. It wasn't much of a decision.

Mandel looked out the window and saw at least fifty men and one of their war machines approaching th airport, this wasn't good, they were still a few miles down and he could warn the others before... wait.

This was another way... he looked outside, the plane would need cover to get away safely. He could be that cover. He would die but they would live on. So either everyone dies, he lives his life alone or he dies and everyone lives hapilly ever after. He looked at the satchel, he was sure Lydia would take care of him. So the choice was now his to make, his life was in his own hands. He just had no idea what to do with it. Oh who was he kidding the best option was staring him in the face.

He searched around the plane and found a scrap of paper and a pen he had learned to read the human language pretty well on his travels and was able to write a small note.

Dear friends,

I regret to say that I will not be joining you any further on this journey, I would however like to personally thank you all.

Thanks to you and the countless others I have met, I have been able to experience life outside my own little bubble that I was contained in for the most of my life.

I truly regret leaving you like this... there is so much I want to say to you that I can't express on a sheet of paper. I will always remember you even as I go past this world if I have some shred of a soul that continues on to the world beyond that shred will be filled with the memories of the times we shared

Rumble, though we didn't always see eye to eye I understand you better than I'm sure most people do, I see through that layer of hate to the shred of kindness within, win this war for us.

Abe, though I'm not sure where you are or if this letter will reach you, I'd like to thank you for steering me on the right path, it was your encouragement that helped me pull away from the darkness that almost consumed me, continue to fight and be the good person you are, do not dwell on the past... please.

Lydia... what can I say that you don't already know? You are the one thing that has kept me going through this war... I'm sorry that I have to leave like this, but its probably better this way, its best if you, if all of you forget about me and live your lives. I've always loved you and I know you loved me to, just not in the same way. I wish you and Wade all of my best wishes as you raise your children together. As a last request however, I ask that you take care of the small child in this satchel. His name is Gilbert, but you may call him as you wish and he is the last thing I leave to remind you of me.
Goodbye my friend.

I now sign off this letter and enclose it with the child with which I leave in my steed.

I will never forget any of you, Goodbye...

*Tear stains dot around the bottom of the letter.*

Mandel wiped his eyes and placed the letter in the stachel with Gilbert. The humans were still a few miles down the road and it seemed he was the only one who had noticed them.

"I'll be back soon" Mandel murmured as he left the plane.

Mandel approached the humans and stood before them they laughed at him and one aimed his gun towards him. Mandel quickly killed the man with an iron tail.

Suddenly all of the men began to open fire on Mandel, the bullets grazed and hit him in his limbs. Mandel kept fighting. He kept killing and killing suddenly the man on the war machine fired a rocket at the plane and destroyed it in a burst of flames. Mandel looked open mouthed as he saw the plane go up in a massive explosion. Gilbert was in there. A bullet suddenly hit Mandel in the spine.

"AAARRGGH!" Mandel fell to the ground in agony tears rolling down his face.

"Gilbert!!! NOOO!" Another human shot Mandel.

The laughed mocking him.

Mandel body became shadow as shot after shot was driven into him.

"It won't end like this..." he murmered to himself as the shadows began to spread to the ground, creating a massive ring which encircled all the soldiers, the plane and most of sunnyshore city, became encased in a sphere of darkness.

"IT WONT END LIKE THIS!!!!!!!" Mandel screamed at the top of his voice as the darkness burst into a glow of bright white and Green light.

Mandels body seperated into thousands of tiny vibrant green leaves that swirled around a massive tornado encircling all the guards. Mandels eyes had a pale green glow as they somehow shone brightly on each individual leaf.

Mandel had harnessed the true power of Celebi.

Time travel.

The events that just past rewinded and the planes flames settled as it reformed itself. The leaves cut into the men and sliced true the metal of the war machine causing their life to disapear into a void in time. The light faded and it was like nothing had happened.

Mandel reformed lying down on his side, blood seeping from the wounds in his back.

Mandel lifted his head to look at the plane, he had saved it, Mandels life flashed before his eyes as they closed. The humans life had been taken from their body leaving nothing but husks. Mandel began to cry as tears ran down his face. He opened his eyes and saw a blinding light inside it stood his mother, father, Jazz and Celebi. Mandel walked towards them as his body let out a final sigh, the light engulfed his body as Mandel passed on.

Mandels body lay lifeless on the ground as his departed soul sent a final message to his friends.

He searched the world and found them all.

Rumble, Lydia everyone.

"Goodbye my friends, I'll never forget any of you."

Mandel was dead, his body lay with a smile on its face and his withered leaves had turned green once more.

Last edited by Aura Rift; February 12th, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Oo! Thank you!

So, this is going to be really really bare and it's not midnight here so I don't have a good excuse like Aura. XD I'll try and work on this everyday, though.

Oh and if you see any updates, feel free to give suggestions. It's probably not the final product or anything (with superpower RPs I always base the superpower heavily on the personality, I just feel it should work that way) so it'll probably change a lot anyways.

Spoiler:
Main Information:
Name: Jericho Gabriel Heiko
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 168lbs
Location: Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, United States of America

Appearance:

Atlantean Tattoo: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../tatdetail.jpg It looks like this now. We're never changing it again. It's on his back. gr8

So far these lines only reach about an inch (some lines end farther down than others) under his wrist. Jericho's hand still itches which suggests that the tattoo has yet to finish.

Physical: When looking in the mirror, Jericho would call himself the cream of the gene crop. Jeri has darker, tanned skin. A color that he thought made him look Hispanic. His bronze skin is lightly freckled on his cheeks and again behind his ears. Jeri's build is on the lankier side. Muscle makes up a good portion of his thickness. This muscle isn't large, but lean and was acquired through his years of track which he still continues. His hair is a dark black and and a sweep through will reveal its thick growth. He keeps his hair in a medium shag style. mostly because this is how his hair naturally falls. When he does get a haircut he keeps it short and thins out his hair to keep it tame. His hair is mostly made up in a wavy texture and on the sides, stick out. He does his best to keep his hair off of his neck and often ignores (or forgets) his bangs in the front that grow long and quickly. Whenever Jeri smiles his dimples show and the rising of his cheeks help bring out his blue eyes.

Clothing: No matter what Jeri always wears a hoodie. Thick, thin, short, long, whatever he's wearing one. Well, maybe the exception would be for formal situations or places where uniform is required. He's always wearing one because he's always cold, or he feels cold. Anyways, there was never a situation where someone couldn't be a little more warm. A hoodie is so important to his wardrobe that he had many of them and even ones for specific outfits. He had ones with intricate designs, some plain, and others with joking text or pictures. It can be accurately guessed that he had one in every color and for every occasion. He wears each of his hoodies the same way he would wear normal clothes, interchanging and different for every day. To accommodate his hoodies, which are usually long sleeved, he most normally wears a short sleeve shirt or t-shirt underneath. His bottoms vary and can be anything from jeans to sweats or shorts.

Personality: Jericho is, in short, a hot-head. Quick-tempered and reckless, it's not rare to have him make an outburst at some point in the day. These moments are not easily tampered, either. It'll take more than a stern talking to to get him to quick. Simply because Jericho doesn't exactly learn from his mistakes. In method, yes, he will learn to not do one thing that had failed to allow him to reach a goal, but behaviorally, not so much... No matter how many times he's punished he'll still do the same thing. Anything short of death or jail time won't keep his mouth shut or his actions in check. Jeri doesn't think about his actions much before hand. If it sounds fun, nine times out of ten he'll do it. No matter what. Getting in is different than getting out, though. However, even if Jeri changes his mind mid-action he'll still go through with it. He wasn't a quitter, if anything, and will still continue on with the challenge. Even if he fails, his mind will be stuck on how to get better and actually achieve the goal before he ever lets himself rest. Too bad he never instilled this mindset on his academics.

Jeri is very easily angered or at least irritated. It isn't really hard to get on his nerves and a lot of things can bring a sarcastic comment from his throat. Usually insulting. While these urges seem uncontrollable, Jeri can actually tell when it's best to be quiet, even if he doesn't show it a lot. It takes a grave amount to keep his mouth completely shut or a truly intimidating authority. Without these, Jeri will most commonly say the first thing on his mind.

The most annoying thing he can tell you he's encountered is people's reaction to his name. To prevent people comparing it to TV shows or movies or bands or whatever he always introduces himself as Jeri.

History: Jericho was born on an August day in Woodbridge, Virginia and was raised just about everywhere else. Working in the Air Force, it was his father that made them go from place to place under orders. At a young age, there were many tears and much sadness from losing friends, but from one move to another, the hysteria of it became much, much less. Soon moving became a normal thing and going across the country every now and then seemed like something every family did. Learning about kids that lived in the same place all their lives sounded odd and weird. Soon enough, Jericho didn't have an accent, but some mixture from every state he's ever been to.

Jumping from school to school made even strong friendships short, but Jeri, in a burst of smarts, discovered the greatness of cellphones and modern communication at an early age, allowing him to stay in touch with his newer close friends, however without the same, constant contact, communication does not always last. If his moving taught him one thing, it told him that where one friend is, there's another somewhere else. It wasn't hard for Jeri to make friends, even if his friends weren't always considered the best of bunches. Jeri's schooling and living went by smoothly. In his elementary and early middle school grades Jericho did very well in school, working hard and getting good grades. By eighth grade this began to fall off and through his High School years, Jeri would surf by with grades just good enough for him to pass and run track. His lax in the school atmosphere and his involvement in more recreational and friend-absorbed activities left him with little to no plans for the future. By senior year he still didn't choose a college to attend and as the quarters went by he was more convinced he wasn't going to college. He didn't think he needed to. Jeri already knew what he wanted to be, a pilot, and who needed college to become a pilot? Flying didn't need a masters degree. He already knew how to fly planes by then and all it would take was a good job. Jeri didn't like the idea of flying commercial planes and was looking continue the tradition of Air Force men in his family. Easy and simple. If he ever wanted to go to college (fat chance of that!) then he would exploit his military benefits to allow him back into school, paid for. How clever was that? He had himself set, the only problem was getting off of the ground.

Look, school was totally boring and he needed a break before he was going to have some jarhead screaming the basics of flight in his ears. Jeri took his time applying to be enlisted. He took his time for just about everything. He had a job and he was in no rush. His parents knew his plans anyways. He knew all the age limits, he didn't need to jump out there right away. So he didn't and even after a year out of school, he still lives with his parents in their home on base.

Jericho would say that his problems, and the awesome, started when he got this stupid itch on his foot. Insatiable, annoying, irritating. He hated it. Instead of being some normal itch it continued forever, swelling into hives and making walking uncomfortable. His mom, protective, took him to the hospital on the second day and the doctor could only shrug and prescribe him allergy meds and suggest a full cleaning of the house--which his mother got to right away. Jericho thought the doctor's verdict was bupkis. Medical school and he didn't even know what he was talking about. Especially since the the Benedryl he was prescribed did nothing. It was the morning of the third day that the itching seemed to cease and in a relieved check of his foot, he saw the black marking of a shape.. Much like a sun. The whole thing freaked him out, big time, and in the same moment the itching started to come up again, full blast, and this time on his leg. Instead of going to his mother, who was sure to freak, he went to his friend instead. Peter, one of the smarter members of his circle of buds. From Peter he learned about the Atlanteans revealing themselves. It wasn't the first time he got wind of it, of course there were rumors and talk here and there, but he never really looked into it. After disbelief, arguing, and finally a little online research, Jeri was convinced. But what about his power? It didn't take long for him and Peter to start working on finding out just what it was.

Ability: Energy Conversion

Jericho has the ability to absorb and convert energy. Voluntarily (and sometimes involuntarily) Jericho can absorb any type of natural energy into his body and change it into another form (heat, light, chemical, mechanical, nuclear, ect.). Some energies are harder to produce than others.
Most often, Jeri has to be prepared to absorb energies. It will not happen just automatically. If he isn't expecting it, then the energy will not be absorbed. There are times when his body can force absorption on its on in the form of a flinch or tensing, but these involuntary movements do not always activate the power. When absorbing energy, whatever is coming at him will not stop suddenly in its tracks (especially fast moving, solid objects). For example, if he were hit by a bus and was prepared enough to attempt absorption, he could not just simply put out his hand and stop the bus with an instantaneous collection of energy. The bus would still hit him full force, but its momentum would be slowed faster while the energy is being sucked away and, since the energy is being released and absorbed, Jeri could not get every last bit. If he were to actually survive the hit, then he would keep the energy.

Containing energy is not nearly as easy as absorbing it. Without his body being conditioned to extra stored energy he can rapidly become overloaded and he will feel the effects too. Too much heat and he'll feel hot; too much electricity and he could become twitchy, accidentally zap people or objects from the jumping of electricity, constantly shock people upon touch, and even possibly have the electricity force its way out onto the ground (too much electricity could also burn his heart of electrocute him, causing death); too much sound energy and his movements can become amplified as well as his voice (the collection of sound could also cause harsh vibrations in his system, disorient him, or even burst his eardrums or other sound-sensitive parts of his body). Another affect of over-absorption can cause the energies to go against him and destroy his body. Being integrated into his body now, absorption effects homeostasis.

Jeri can only expel energy, not control it. His power will not allow him to make stand-still walls or moveable forms. He can only absorb, convert, and expel energy, not control it with kinetic power. The closest thing to a shield he could ever possibly make for himself would be one from intense, radiated energy. Whenever Jeri absorbs energy, it will not come out as strong as it had before. The conversion of energy is never 100% pure. Even if he were to master his power to allow him to convert more energy into the same thing, it will never be a complete conversion. The most dangerous thing Jeri can expel is his own energy. Without absorbing energy at all, he cannot do a thing, unless he were to take it from himself. Jeri could, for example, use, change, or release the energy produced inside of his own body. Of course this would drastically impair his body's equilibrium and the energy would deplete quickly. This action can become fatal if he isn't paying attention.

Writing Sample:

Winter sun poured through the open blinds, illuminating the room naturally. The blinds cast a broken shadow of thin rectangles down the room and over the bed. The blue covers were arranged messily over the top, bunched here and there and in general disarray. Jericho stared at the ceiling above, shirtless with the cover at his waist. His marking, only ending on his stomach for the time being, didn't continue in its black-lined trend, but in a more swollen red. The hives he had caught from his incessant scratching was warm to the touch. The cold that radiated out of the window cooled his skin and made the itch subside for the time being. That gray and white cat, Wulf, rest his head on his middle, sleeping. Jeri's fingers scratched the feline's head slowly and rhythmically as he muttered the words to minute long song he discovered and could not yet get out of his head.

"I think I'll run around for no good reason and act like there's stuff I gotta do..." The room was silent save for his own murmuring. The moment was peaceful, ideal. There were no classes for him today and, for now, he wanted to spend it just like this. It was one of those great moments, where time seems to slow down and everything seems just right. He wanted more than anything for the day to continue just like this. "... this guy's bringing me food! This food sucks but I don't even know it..." The thought of even moving seemed like it would ruin everything. He closed his eyes, smiling as he spoke. A film of sleepiness clung to his eyelids and he yawned involuntarily. He would have to start his day soon, though. Tempting as it was he couldn't just do nothing all day. He'd have to want to pee or something soon. "Holy Christ it's a piece of paper! I have no idea how pointless I am and I don't even know I'm gonna die..." He actually started getting hungry a while ago, but laziness kept him from moving. It was getting worse, though. Turning into that claws-scratching-the-back-of-your-stomach kind of hungry. He inhaled deeply and then let out a loud sigh. It was time to get up, he supposed. Pausing his song, he lifted his hand off of Wulf's head and tried to move without disturbing him. God, why did he have to lay his head on him. Did he look like a pillow?

Jeri's attempt at stealthy moving was in vain. It seemed like from just a twitch he heard Wulf's mew. "Sorry, sorry!" He apologized to him, getting up much more quickly now. He stood up out of the bed and looked down at Wulf, who looked up at him with green-yellow eyes. The cat looked at Jeri in an inquiring way, but also in a way that looked slightly annoyed by his moving, if cats got annoyed. Jeri frowned a tad. "I said I was sorry, didn't I?" Wulf looked at him for a moment longer, looked away, and then laid his head back down on the bed. Whatever he said, whatever he was thinking, Jeri was glad he didn't hear it. It was probably mean. Once again, he thanked that his power let him tone out all the noise.

Still, if he had a choice, he'd rather not have it. Jeri grabbed the remote up from the nightstand and switched on the TV. It came to life with a crackling, static-y noise. Voices came on after and then the picture on the screen. It was the opening sequence for the morning news. Too lazy to change the channel and figuring it was about time he finally checked the news, Jeri tossed the remote onto the pillow and made his way to the small kitchen to possibly start his day.

BIO FINISHED!

And for anyone wondering what Jericho is singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5m...layer_embedded

Last edited by Kikpanther; August 6th, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:26 PM
revlis
Community Supporter

@The Final Watchman: Wow, was waiting for you to show up, it's been a while since Focus Shift/Monochromatic Stains, right? Anyway, your SU is looking good, a description of both abilities would be great, then I will be able to cast my verdict.

@Aura Rift: No. I'm sorry but your ability is too over powered, I'm going to have to ask you to change your ability.

@Kiklion: I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:39 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
WOW! So many people signing up all of a sudden. If you guys like, add us on Skype, and we'll have some crazy super special awesome Skype group chat. (If you get accepted, that is) If you have a Skype, PM us your screenames! We're all nice people! (Basically)

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:39 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Lol, I have a Skype too. Made it after I got my PSP but I don't have a cam for it. Would simply having the mic work?
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:50 PM
TornZero

Yeah, we don't use cameras.

Old February 11th, 2012, 10:50 PM
revlis
Community Supporter

We do a group chat, so only mic.
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Chirm
Beginning Trainer

Is this thing still open? I'd love to join!
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Adventure
original dex holder

Nature: Naive
I like chatting, but I'm so shy xD I dunno if I dare to do voice chat actually. Teheh.

Also, Skymin, regarding my last post, you can decide where the bullet hit, if you like. Or if it missed xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here