The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Old October 19th, 2011 (09:15 PM).
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonjoon0330 View Post
These Pokemon were banned before the tournament started(officially banned on 13th and tournament started on 15th).
Yeah, that's what I'm about to say
Old October 20th, 2011 (02:17 PM).
Calamity
Just for the love of the game.

Nature: Relaxed
Still no reply from _Prince_, really want to get this tournament going!
Happens
Old October 20th, 2011 (02:55 PM).
Snorelacks
Ready to get burned?

Location: In the hospital... My ankles were broken by Tony Parker.
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartercr
Ooh, making me a bit nervous :D. I'm gonna guess Cloyster on a whim, but that may just be because I've 6-0'd several people with it. :D
You're WRONG.
Stop guessing though... don't want you to actually guess it. :D

Flaming Ashes, My Trade Thread

Old October 22nd, 2011 (10:47 AM).
Calamity

Still haven't heard from Prince, when's the deadline date?
Happens
Old October 22nd, 2011 (05:33 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2011 by wonjoon0330.
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySalamence888 View Post
Still haven't heard from Prince, when's the deadline date?
October 29 and you'll just have to wait till that day.
Who knows, maybe you'll get a lucky default win.

P.S. Also VM/PM'd you, so hopefully, you won't forget the deadline anymore.
Old October 23rd, 2011 (09:47 AM).
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Just beat ShadowExcadrill 4-0
Old October 23rd, 2011 (09:48 AM).
ShadowE
Competitive RTS gamer, also drunk
Community Supporter

Lost from greg...
Back to the drawing table...
Old October 23rd, 2011 (06:09 PM).
cartercr
Sour Kangaroo's best friend!

I guess the Excadrill and Thundrus ban depends on the date we used. The registration started on November 27th, the first round began on October 15th. Since Excadrill and Thundrus were banned on October 9th, I believe that they would still be allowed, as the Tournament truly began on the 27th.
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

BW FC: 1463 6132 2390
Old October 23rd, 2011 (08:21 PM).
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartercr View Post
I guess the Excadrill and Thundrus ban depends on the date we used. The registration started on November 27th, the first round began on October 15th. Since Excadrill and Thundrus were banned on October 9th, I believe that they would still be allowed, as the Tournament truly began on the 27th.
From the past experience, Pokemon remains banned in tournament if it's been banned before the tournament has began(before the match up is announced), but you're the one who's hosting the tourney now, not Alakazam17, so it's up to you to decide whether to allow the banned Pokemon or not.
Old October 23rd, 2011 (10:22 PM).
johnny18
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well, I guess it is up to you then.
Snorelacks and Assassinjay battled with each other already and Snorelacks is the winner. I think you should add that.
Old October 24th, 2011 (03:45 AM).
cartercr

As for the battles, they are updated. (I will be moving them to the OP.)

As for the ban rule, I think there is only one fair way to do this, and that is a vote. Voting will end Friday the 28th, and will be deciding if the bans should be before the Registration Date, or before Round 1.

Let the voting commence!
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Old October 24th, 2011 (08:25 PM).
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

I honestly think it's kinda late for voting considering people already have battled, but I'll vote anyway.

My vote goes to... These Pokemon should remain banned or I'll have to make new team ;w;
Old October 25th, 2011 (04:09 AM).
cartercr

Forgot to post that I beat LegendaryPokemon 6-0.

Old October 25th, 2011 (04:53 AM).
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I agree with wonjoon0330

My vote goes to... These Pokemon should remain banned or I'll have to make new team ;w;
Old October 25th, 2011 (05:47 AM).
johnny18
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
I agree with both of them.
Old October 25th, 2011 (05:49 AM).
giorgos

Nature: Adamant
My vote is that these pokemon should remain banned.
Also my opponent haven't been on since 14 of October.Is this giving me a free win?

3DS FC : 1306 - 6153 - 6742
SoulSilver FC:1162-3197-2935
White FC:4040-5231-4571
Old October 25th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
Calamity

I vote same as everyone elseee.
Happens
Old October 25th, 2011 (11:31 AM).
Dusknoirs
Gripper Pokémon

Nature: Adamant
Yes. Have them remain banned

Old October 25th, 2011 (12:57 PM).
ShadowE
Competitive RTS gamer, also drunk
Community Supporter

Yep they must still be banned.
Even though it was my powerhouse...
Old October 25th, 2011 (02:09 PM).
cartercr

Remember, the question is not should they be banned, the question is what date are we going to use. This will prevent further conflict. Can I assume by your answers that the ban should take effect even if the registration has begun?

Old October 25th, 2011 (06:17 PM).
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

Quote:
Remember, the question is not should they be banned, the question is what date are we going to use. This will prevent further conflict. Can I assume by your answers that the ban should take effect even if the registration has begun?
Yes, we understand it perfectly and yes, ban should take the effect, because tournament haven't actually began till October 15.
Not only that, I think most of participants registered after these Pokemon were banned, so it perfectly make sense to have these Pokemon remain banned(since that's what most of people want anyway).
Old October 25th, 2011 (07:08 PM).
cartercr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonjoon0330 View Post
Yes, we understand it perfectly and yes, ban should take the effect, because tournament haven't actually began till October 15.
Not only that, I think most of participants registered after these Pokemon were banned, so it perfectly make sense to have these Pokemon remain banned(since that's what most of people want anyway).
I agree, I just wanted to make sure the issue was perfectly clear. From here on out. Pokemon will be banned if they are banned prior to Round 1, not the registration day.

Old October 26th, 2011 (01:34 AM).
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

Quote:
I agree, I just wanted to make sure the issue was perfectly clear. From here on out. Pokemon will be banned if they are banned prior to Round 1, not the registration day.
Thank You!
Old October 26th, 2011 (05:02 PM).
cartercr

29th is deadline and we still have three battles remaining, should these battles not be finished, I will assign winners based on activity. (Don't sweat Salamence, you're through if it doesn't happen :D)

Old October 26th, 2011 (05:14 PM). Edited October 26th, 2011 by wonjoon0330.
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

Quote:
29th is deadline and we still have three battles remaining, should these battles not be finished, I will assign winners based on activity. (Don't sweat Salamence, you're through if it doesn't happen :D)
Me and aragornbird will battle today(hopefully)!

Update: Lost to aragornbird by 5-2. This must be the longest battle I ever had in my life, GG!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links