The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:28 AM
mystiquepixi
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
Can’t eliminate Ash that easily, if he’ll be replace definitely same fate will happen to Pikachu and the rest of the group ‘coz viewers got used to see the similar characters in the journey. Maybe the creators last resort was make him more matured and put a little romance in the story. LOL
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:53 AM
pokemonmasterdeep
Beginning Trainer

Director already described and I also want that.......

Ash will never replaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and do any quote you want , but ANY POKEMON FAN CAN NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT ASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASH IS MAIN PART OF THE SERIES AND WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER REPLACED !!!!! yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. huuohOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yES
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystiquepixi View Post
Can’t eliminate Ash that easily, if he’ll be replace definitely same fate will happen to Pikachu and the rest of the group ‘coz viewers got used to see the similar characters in the journey. Maybe the creators last resort was make him more matured and put a little romance in the story. LOL
aRE YOU matured if yes , that doesn't means all have.

There are still / will many children that likes to show non-mature shows.

Last edited by pokemonmasterdeep; November 3rd, 2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 05:27 AM
AquaticWartortle
Teh Best Wartortle

Nature: Quiet
I wish Ash could take a break & replace the story with like Red's story & how he actually became a Pokemon Master but it's very unlikely that they'd do that.

Credits: XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Old November 3rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

Obviously, writers doesn't want to change Ash simply because he became the trademark of the anime as well as Pikachu. Changing it will cause a kind of let down to viewers such as young children or for those who grew up watching the anime. Just my opinion, but for me. I'd be fine.
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
weedle_mchairybug

Originally Posted by tough View Post
It was already stated in the interview with Masamitsu Hidaka that Ash and Pikachu will never be replace,no matter how much fans get tired of Ash and Pikachu they are here to stay until the show is over with Ash becoming a pokemon master,but even i doubt that will ever happen.
Technically, Masamitsu Hidaka no longer has much of an impact on the show, especially when, going by what the interview stated, he was demoted to a storyboard artist instead of a director by the end of Season 9, so his words about Ash continuing to remain on the show remains null. Besides, some of the figures indicate that Pokemon's rating had severely dropped.

As for the main topic, here's my views on what the writers should do:

A. have Ash become a lot more mature and actually know what he's doing (I mean, come on, he's supposed to be a seasoned vet, yet the way he's acting is not what a veteran should act like).

B. remove him from the show entirely (also fits in with the advertisement angle of the games).

or

C. both replace him and yet make him an actual mentor (think how they had Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty).

I also think they should actually give a clear, concise definition on how to achieve the rank of Pokemon Master.

There's also cancelling the show, but that's probably not gonna work as an answer.
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Red-Charizard

One reason I hated in Digimon is because they changed the protagonists in each season, one thing I hated in Yu-Gi-Oh is that they changed the protagonists too in the series, one thing I didn't liked in Beyblade... is the change of the main characters again. C'mon guys, not everything should change. Yes Ash is becoming monotonous, but he is an iconic figure, if he would be replaced Nintendo need to be very creative and create an character who has the potential to be more iconic than Ash is, because to be as iconic as Ash, then it would be better to stay with the first one.

Old November 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM
tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
Technically, Masamitsu Hidaka no longer has much of an impact on the show, especially when, going by what the interview stated, he was demoted to a storyboard artist instead of a director by the end of Season 9, so his words about Ash continuing to remain on the show remains null. Besides, some of the figures indicate that Pokemon's rating had severely dropped.

A. have Ash become a lot more mature and actually know what he's doing (I mean, come on, he's supposed to be a seasoned vet, yet the way he's acting is not what a veteran should act like).

B. remove him from the show entirely (also fits in with the advertisement angle of the games).

or

C. both replace him and yet make him an actual mentor (think how they had Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty).

I also think they should actually give a clear, concise definition on how to achieve the rank of Pokemon Master.

There's also cancelling the show, but that's probably not gonna work as an answer.
I still don't see Ash ever being replace, because the show would suck without Ash being in it,so it will never happen.
Old November 5th, 2011, 03:55 AM
weedle_mchairybug

I still don't see Ash ever being replace, because the show would suck without Ash being in it,so it will never happen.
Maybe it would stink, but at least it wouldn't result in such pain as seeing him become a newbie far too many times via "restarts" despite him being a seasoned vet. It was excusable in Kanto, since he actually was a rookie to the entire thing. It's not nearly as excusable now, after he went through four to five regional leagues and one Battle Frontier. Even you have to admit that. If they aren't going to remove him, they should at least try to have him act professional. Heck, even give him an almost Solid Snake-esque personality just to show he actually does know what he's doing if it comes down to it.

Quote:
One reason I hated in Digimon is because they changed the protagonists in each season, one thing I hated in Yu-Gi-Oh is that they changed the protagonists too in the series, one thing I didn't liked in Beyblade... is the change of the main characters again. C'mon guys, not everything should change. Yes Ash is becoming monotonous, but he is an iconic figure, if he would be replaced Nintendo need to be very creative and create an character who has the potential to be more iconic than Ash is, because to be as iconic as Ash, then it would be better to stay with the first one.
I take it you hate the Pokemon games as well, seeing how they also replace the main character constantly. I think you might have to hate Pokemon Special, seeing how they replace the characters a lot.
Old November 5th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Red-Charizard

Quote:
I take it you hate the Pokemon games as well, seeing how they also replace the main character constantly. I think you might have to hate Pokemon Special, seeing how they replace the characters a lot.
I never said I hate those series just that they changed the protagonists. And since the games players don't show personalities it doesn't make any difference. Although I got upset when I saw Red doesn't appears in Ruby and Sapphire. Ash is now an con in the Pokémon anime series and I doubt that they will replace him.

Old November 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:

or

If we saw Ash go through a maturation process and his story progress then when he eventually does leave it would at least for me feel more satisfying. But if they just went ahead right now and replaced him I would have a longing sense they could have done a lot more with his character. And if they continue what they were doing with a new face then it won't be much better then the cycle was with Ash and Pikachu.

I'd be in favor of him progressing and taking a mentoring role as well as taking part in his or story lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Charizard View Post
They did? They kept on all the past charactes as minor characters and made them mentors like Izzy and Tai(at least these two felt like the most active mentors), and kept on TK and Kari as mains. Tyson was a main stay on the Blade Breakers... Kenny was there most if not the whole time as well. Having Kai, Max, and Ray go to opposing teams then back to the Breakers I thought was a nice move. I agree with the last part, if they do replace him they did a dynamic figure not just more of the same. Also replacing Pikachu would be interesting as well seeing as he is the company mascot.

Quote:
How do you know if they never took a chance to chance anything. To say it would suck is something you would be able to say for sure in retrospective.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old November 5th, 2011, 09:43 PM
tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
If we saw Ash go through a maturation process and his story progress then when he eventually does leave it would at least for me feel more satisfying. But if they just went ahead right now and replaced him I would have a longing sense they could have done a lot more with his character. And if they continue what they were doing with a new face then it won't be much better then the cycle was with Ash and Pikachu.

I'd be in favor of him progressing and taking a mentoring role as well as taking part in his or story lines.

They did? They kept on all the past charactes as minor characters and made them mentors like Izzy and Tai(at least these two felt like the most active mentors), and kept on TK and Kari as mains. Tyson was a main stay on the Blade Breakers... Kenny was there most if not the whole time as well. Having Kai, Max, and Ray go to opposing teams then back to the Breakers I thought was a nice move. I agree with the last part, if they do replace him they did a dynamic figure not just more of the same. Also replacing Pikachu would be interesting as well seeing as he is the company mascot.

How do you know if they never took a chance to chance anything. To say it would suck is something you would be able to say for sure in retrospective.
They will never replace Ash because even if they did do that it would still be the samething with the new protagonist doing Gym battles,they are not going to replace him no matter what you say is not going to ever happen,Ash is here to stay.
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
They will never replace Ash because even if they did do that it would still be the samething with the new protagonist doing Gym battles,they are not going to replace him no matter what you say is not going to ever happen,Ash is here to stay.
"Technically, Masamitsu Hidaka no longer has much of an impact on the show, especially when, going by what the interview stated, he was demoted to a storyboard artist instead of a director by the end of Season 9"
Like said earlier he doesn't really have much of an impact so that's not an absolute. You cannot say anything will happen without a shadow of a doubt unless you can either predict the future or you are the one calling the shots concerning characters and story boarding. Which I doubt either applies to you. So what ever you say there is a possibility of it happening, whether you want to believe it or not. Just like anything else in the series.

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
tough

Quote:
"Technically, Masamitsu Hidaka no longer has much of an impact on the show, especially when, going by what the interview stated, he was demoted to a storyboard artist instead of a director by the end of Season 9"
Like said earlier he doesn't really have much of an impact so that's not an absolute. You cannot say anything will happen without a shadow of a doubt unless you can either predict the future or you are the one calling the shots concerning characters and story boarding. Which I doubt either applies to you. So what ever you say there is a possibility of it happening, whether you want to believe it or not. Just like anything else in the series.
Well you are right anything is possible,they may replace Ash and they may not replace Ash it can happen either way..
Old November 5th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

That being said like I have stated else where. I am a little wary of them replacing him, especially in the near future. If they ended it now I just wouldn't have any closure for his character. I think why people mainly want Ash ousted is cause one Saga he is competent or gaining some battle intelligence that's built up. Then next Saga he acts like this is the first time he's seen a pokemon. Would they go the same route with a completely new character? Who knows... But if they do then honestly I'd look back and say "Why did you replace him, when you are doing the same thing with character X". I'm fine with the show keeping Ash as a main Protagonist but don't just have him as more of the same, I would like to think that they are aware they have a reoccurring audience that pays attention to previous Sagas and hopes for more in the future. Alas we will probably get a repeat and they will cater to a new audience once again.

Old November 5th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I would want it, unless they change back to that good old voice actress/actor.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 5th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOR(es)LAX View Post
I would want it, unless they change back to that good old voice actress/actor.
That would be unlikely since The Pokemon Company International now dubs the series and they did bring new VAs with it, plus having some originals return.

But sadly, Veronica won't return any time soon. I do like Sarah Natochenny (Ash's current VA) much better anyway.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old November 6th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Red-Charizard

Quote:
They did? They kept on all the past charactes as minor characters and made them mentors like Izzy and Tai(at least these two felt like the most active mentors), and kept on TK and Kari as mains. Tyson was a main stay on the Blade Breakers... Kenny was there most if not the whole time as well. Having Kai, Max, and Ray go to opposing teams then back to the Breakers I thought was a nice move. I agree with the last part, if they do replace him they did a dynamic figure not just more of the same. Also replacing Pikachu would be interesting as well seeing as he is the company mascot
Well I never saw Tai or Matt in Digimon Tamers or Digimon Frontier. The same goes to Tyson and Kai in Beyblade Metal Fusion.

Old November 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
I want Ash to be more mature. But, Pokémon without him isn't Pokémon anymore. Or, if they really had to change the main protagonist, I'd prefer that Ash's son continue the adventure, or something like that.

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Charizard View Post
Well I never saw Tai or Matt in Digimon Tamers or Digimon Frontier. The same goes to Tyson and Kai in Beyblade Metal Fusion.
That's cause their different series. You said seasons which is not the same as series. Tai and Matt were both in Adventures season 1 and season 2 which they were minor characters to people like Davis and Ken. In Beyblade they had at least three seasons with Tyson and Kenny as the mains in Beyblade, V- Force, and G-Revolution. Whereas Gingka is in Metal Fusion. In Yugioh though I do see that the deviated from characters from each season. But I really didn't see it in the two prior series of Digimon and Beyblade unless they were getting a new series within the series which has no connection at all to the prior characters or world for that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
I want Ash to be more mature. But, Pokémon without him isn't Pokémon anymore. Or, if they really had to change the main protagonist, I'd prefer that Ash's son continue the adventure, or something like that.
How is Pokemon with out him not Pokemon? It's not as though he is one of the Pokemon himself unless he is an Zoroark and just doesn't know it. I don't see why it has to be direct relation to Ash, it could just be the main protagonist of the newest region when or if they decide to make the change.

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I do, I like things changes and not him and Pikachu. But since he didn't change with Best Wishes, he's here forever.

Pikachu is less annoying now though.
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM
johnr754
I am JOHN, heck yeah!

Nature: Modest
Ash should age at least, or 10 years later, BW fans will be arguing about the same thing about Ash and Pikachu.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:16 AM
Adryel

Nature: Relaxed
perhaps a different protagonist in every different region would be good
or at least make Red the protagonist oh wait his still in the Mt. Silver D:
Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
NidoJosh
Unleash your inner Nidocity

Nature: Timid
I posted something about this in another thread
I believe that the Pokemon Franchise has three options.

1) Stick with Ash as a 10 year old
It's worked for this many seasons and he has been promoted a lot.
He is very well known even to people who don't play/watch pokemon.
Him and Pikachu have created a special bond and appeals to the younger generation.

2) Do a "Naruto Shippuden Style" thing and age Ash and make him a far better trainer

I wouldn't mind seeing this.
Get him to set out on a journey.
Possibly back to Kanto to train and then win the Kanto League. - Don't show this. Maybe just his final battle as a little filler thing.
Then he will be a lot more older, mature and appear to the older generation who have stuck with Ash and see him finally succeed.
This however, will only work for a couple of seasons which means that he can finally get get replaced.

3) Do a "YuGiOh GX Style" thing

Replace Ash with a new trainer with a new personality. Maybe have Ash encounter him and give him some tips etc.
Basically it should revive the anime and public interest.

^Feel free to use this :3^
Current Challenge: Herdier Solo Run on White <3
Check out my Deviantart
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:22 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
^ I might go with the 3rd option there.

One of Ash's past traveling girls (May or Dawn) would be the new star.

I'd like to see Dawn be the new star since she is very similar to Ash.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
Palcks
some nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10
One of Ash's past traveling girls (May or Dawn) would be the new star.
It'd be cool if it was Max, even.

I don't love Ash, but I like him being the main protagonist. I'm not against a new main person though, as long as it was done well and wasn't hard to get used to. And the new person would have to be their own, not a copy of Ash with some Pokémon that is always there/never evolves/etc.

ever grande city forums
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here