The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
mootjuh117
Beginning Trainer

pokemon special manga > pokemon anime of today. They should really replace the anime with the manga. The should have done it when they started this whole fiction.
Old December 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM
movieguy12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I'm 25 big Pokemon fan since I was 12ish? Lol honestly team rocket needs to go, add better villains and story arcs. Maybe one of the other "teams" from the other games. Also ash def needs to age, I get the whole young kid fan base blah blah but as someone mentioned I don't think kids today will care. Also he is very dumb and horrible this season very disappointed. Pikachu being beaten by a lvl 5 snivy is insane he at least a lvl 10,000 (sarcasm) (maybe) lol. If anything make a adult version or let's see some actual age changes also I'm tired of him tip toeing around the lea females just date one already! I like him switching to new pokemon but it would be nice to see his old ones more often! That's just my opinions.
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguy12 View Post
I'm 25 big Pokemon fan since I was 12ish? Lol honestly team rocket needs to go, add better villains and story arcs. Maybe one of the other "teams" from the other games. Also ash def needs to age, I get the whole young kid fan base blah blah but as someone mentioned I don't think kids today will care. Also he is very dumb and horrible this season very disappointed. Pikachu being beaten by a lvl 5 snivy is insane he at least a lvl 10,000 (sarcasm) (maybe) lol. If anything make a adult version or let's see some actual age changes also I'm tired of him tip toeing around the lea females just date one already! I like him switching to new pokemon but it would be nice to see his old ones more often! That's just my opinions.
> Team Rocket hasn't really been viable as a threat, all they have been doing for the first four generations for more or less is setting up as a comic relief. I think the show can find other sources of comic relief that don't involve Team Rocket it. If Team Rocket keeps repeating what they have been doing and is just the same annoying team episode in and out then I agree be done with them already. But if they keep it fresh like they have, and actually add something different to the mix then I think we can have something going for them. Too me they just need to space out their appearances, I think appearing in about every episode like they used to is not the right way to go.

> I don't see why the kids should care either. Maybe the writers feel if they advance him that some kids would miss out on his begins or his noob stages. Well if they want to so that then just watch previous sagas.

> If anything the defeat also goes along with the writers unwillingness to change in that aspect.

> They probably just want to leave some of his stuff such as relationships up to Shipping. Or at least not go in a great deal into the human/human relationships in the show.

> They generally do show his older pokemon in the Regional tournament, so me that is adequate enough. Every generation and the pokemon there need their time to shine so the lack of older ones is a good way to do that until either later on or Filler arc like Battle Frontier.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old December 6th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Nature: Hardy
I think Paul should have his own spin off, his brother Reggie is cool also, they have great Pokemon and Paul (even though he is a bit nasty) battles to win, I like that.

Zeus
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
I think Paul should have his own spin off
Make that a Paul and Barry spin off, and I'm in.
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Jarred0809
The Eternal Lurker

Nature: Quiet
I was mad when that idiot Jaden replaced Yugi, but I would start watching Pokemon every week if they would replace him or reboot the anime as Pokemon Adventures.
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Houndoomed
Battle Master

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Make that a Paul and Barry spin off, and I'm in.

Barry is so annoying, I don’t think Paul would put up with him very long. He can hardly stand to be around Ash. Barry would most likely end up a squishy puddle under Ursaring’s Hammer arm.

Zeus
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred0809 View Post
I was mad when that idiot Jaden replaced Yugi, but I would start watching Pokemon every week if they would replace him or reboot the anime as Pokemon Adventures.

Ehh..the Pharaoh went away at the last episode. They couldn't do anything with the original cast..and not a big fan of the newer show but it's still "Yugioh."

I don't care who cast in Pokemon, Ash or not, it'll still be a joy to watch. Still <3 Misty & May!
Old December 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Blue Rose
Beginning Trainer

I say no. I thoroughly enjoy watching the Pokemon series, even if Ash is childish/immature/whatever. I still love him and even as I watch him now during the Black/White Victini movies, I wanted to cry cause of all of this nostalgia I was feeling during the movie. No, I'd be very upset if Ash was taken away from the series. Should there be another seperate series, perhaps more serious such as some of the manga? Sure. I wouldn't watch it, but it would definitely make certain people happy.

Edit: My only request is that they get better side characters. I seriously just want to die from all of Cylan's food puns. Ugh. I know Brock was no better sometimes, but still. I guess for some reason I just find him more tolerable. Regarding aging, I don't mind as long as no romance relationships come into play. The ship wars are bad enough as it is already, and it's a kid's show; no dating. Flirting and signs of affection is one thing, but no actual dating and sjd;lfjak;sdjf. Just no. It's not necessarily. I wouldn't mind it in a more serious spin off, but not in the main series.
Old December 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Dave666
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Ash is ok for the kind of show that pokemon is, but for me the show would have been a lot better if it have followed the Pokemon Special manga.

and my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted nevermore
Old December 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Kitsune Genetica
Tea and crumpets!

Nature: Docile
IMO, Ash's character growth is terrible. I know this is fiction, but there are times where Ash acts like a complete idiot over things he's seen at least two times before.
I agree with whoever said Pokemon Special should have been the anime.

Old December 19th, 2011, 06:19 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I like the anime the way it is, yes the thing that annoys me the most about Ash is him not aging but I believe their reason for that is because to appeal to the younger audience that is around his age. It would be completely uncomfortable for me if they were to replace Ashy boy with another protagonist which there is a possibility for the new protagonist can be extremely annoying.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:46 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful

How it should've been SO long ago.

I will cherish the nostalgic memories from the Kanto, Jhoto and Heonn anime, but it became sort of crappy by the time we got to Sinnoh (I'm still a fan of Dawn :3) Best Wishes was better than D&P but still boring.

The Special, on the other hand, could actually get some ratings.
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
Barry is so annoying, I don’t think Paul would put up with him very long. He can hardly stand to be around Ash. Barry would most likely end up a squishy puddle under Ursaring’s Hammer arm.
This is precisely why it would be hilarious.
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
TamerKoh
World of Chaos Super Deluxe...

Well the show has been following Satoshi for quite some time now. It has indeed grown old. What's truly mind boggling is, despite the number of in-episode days that cycle through, he somehow remained 10 for over 650 episodes.

In all honesty, being a reader of the infamous Pokemon Adventures manga, I would be in favor of that becoming the basis of the anime. It's a really good series, and far better than the anime, in my opinion. Sadly, I doubt this would come to pass anytime soon.
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM
DawnLover
No need to worry! lol

Yeah I want Ash gone, though only if an older character would take his place. A totally new character with a Pikachu would be a huge mistake.
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:01 AM
SomariFeyWright
Seven years is all it takes...

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to SomariFeyWright
No. I want Ash. He's an awesome protagonist, and I'm surprised all of you want someone new.

People still love him, old or young. He's a respectable guy; why get rid of him?

Signature made by Pandaprinzessin of Court Records.
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
DarkLordEon
Ruler Of Time and Space

Nature: Brave
I don't mind ash to be honest. Its fine by me, he was really good in hoenn i just wish they made references to the other regions more often in particular to ash's success to some extent.

2537-7243-9497
Old December 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
DarkHitmonlee33
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
I just think they don't want to let go of ash and pikachu. The dynamic duo that has been together since the very first episode. More importantly to me; pikachu

The only parts I enjoy in the b/w series is pikachus cute outbursts.
If ash goes pikachu has to go and ultimately no matter what anyone says that would absolutely destroy the series even though seasons 1-5 are the only ones I find worth collecting.

So in short.. naa keep him and pikachu around a while longer
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
tminus89
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I like to pretend that each season of Pokemon is a different reality. That way each new season can continue to use Ash, but it's not the one same Ash in the other realities. Also, it could contribute to the age old question of his age. To add to this delusion of mine, you can differentiate the different Ash's by the slight art changes and clothing change... but I know it's really just new artists working on the series... Anyways, that is my two cents and keeps the show a pinch fresher than knowing it's just the same 10 year old throughout the whole series somehow trumps the concept of time...
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Nutella
♫ Purple Hurple ♫

Nature: Rash
I would, but Ash is almost as much of an icon as Pikachu in the Pokemon anime. Not to mention how much easier it is for the creators to keep the same old boring character that still sells.

Old January 16th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Having quit the Anime quite some time ago, I can say that I have no affinity with Ash&Co whatsoever. But I did spend enough time on the Internet and playing the games to know what people can do with the concept of Pokémon. It's perfectly possible to turn the concept into an anime (it doesn't even need to be 100+ episodes, 26 is enough if it's done well) well capable of entertaining the older audience with a story line, character devellopment and artstyle (it doesn't even have to change that much) comparable to some of the better Anime out there. I'm just not too happy with the goody-goody neverending loop that is the current Pokémon Anime. It's so predictable.
(Also the reason that I quit.) It is for this reason that I like the movies more than the actual series. At least the movies /tried/ to put in a more "mature" story line, sure Ash would always end up saving the day, but at least there was some plot. :B

I would just like it if the anime makers would remember that they have a share of first/second/third gen fans and give them something neat. There's like 0 possibility, but hay, one can dream, right?

I remember the Pokémon Specials like Raikou Legend of Thunder being more exciting than your avarage Pokémon episode. Though I didn't quite agree with Marina/Crystal's character, I loved Kenta. Yes, I want different Protagonists and yes, like said before, the Pokémon special manga would be a nice idea to use as a base. It's drawn somewhat childishly, but it definitally has some darker moments. (Like Blue and Silver being abducted when they were young, the original Pokéholders petrifying and go on~)

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Novalie
Beginning Trainer

Maybe if they had started changing characters each time they changed a region, it would have been okay. But instead they decided to keep Ash and Pikachu and change the female character every generation (excluding 2nd) instead.
The anime is geared towards kids, which seems to make it imperative that the plots are G rated and predictable, and the characters shallow and forever young. I don't think they will ever make Ash get older, and I don't think they will ever replace him.

My hope is that, rather than replacing Ash, they make a side series geared for Pokemon's older audience, making it more bearable. Actual, complex plots and deep, unpredictable, developing characters who actually have flaws. I also hope this for games, maybe a T rated game with some romance in the story would prove to be more entertaining than the same old plot rehashed like what is seen in the current games. However, I doubt this will ever happen. Why? Because even if they make a different anime with a PG13 or a T rated game, stupid parents will be like 'it's a cartoon' and let their kids watch it, then complain about how it isn't fit for children.

:c
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:16 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
I agree, a pokemon series geared towards an older crowd would be awesome. just started reading pokemon adventure (manga) and plesantly suprised how... non kiddyish some of the stuff is.
Old January 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
If Ash leaves I will. No reaosn to replace him once Ash is gone the Anime should be gone. They have done this before in other shows and each time is has failed.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links