Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page 'Random' VMs.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old September 30th, 2011 (12:09 PM).
shenanigans
majora

Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?

And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?

Who was the last person you sent a random VM to or received one from?

gogogogogo.

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Old September 30th, 2011 (12:14 PM).
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?
>I don't personally send a lot of random ones out. I probably could meet a lot of people if I did, but I guess I am a little shy that way. XD

And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?
>It depends on what the message itself is. XD If it's "Hey! What's up?" I'm like "Someone new to talk to!" But if it's "Hey Pikapal" I am more like "Huh, I wonder what they want?"

And if staff I didn't know randomly VMed me, I would be kinda like "Huh. I wonder what's up. Maybe they just wanna chat? Let's hope. XD"

Pfft, you know. XD But for everyone else, jsyk, it's Razor Leaf himself. XD
Old September 30th, 2011 (12:15 PM).
Raizhu
the end

If I'm interested in getting to know somebody, I'll send them a VM. I'm a fairly shy person though, so that doesn't happen a lot. I occasionally will compliment somebody on their avi, signature, etc., however.
I'm always happy to start a conversation with somebody, so if somebody sends me a VM I'm pleased. If it's a staff member, I guess that's sort of cool. I don't get a lot of random VM's, though.
I believe the last person I sent a random VM to was Meganium90. I was commenting on her cute avi. =P
Old September 30th, 2011 (12:19 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Do you send alot of random VMs?
No, I usually VM for a reason. Sometimes I will VM someone when I want to chat, to ask a question, or comment someone's avatar or something.

I usually dont expect VMs. I dontreally recieve alot. Im sometimes taken by surprise. If its from a staff memeber Im usually surprised but please that they've taken interest in me or even viewed my profile. I usually always answer any VMs I receive.
Old September 30th, 2011 (12:25 PM).
Ayselipera

For random vms that have no topic I send those all the time. As for talking to someone I haven't already spoken to, not usually unless I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm pleased no matter who I get it from. Even if I might think it's dumb or whatever. Adds a little excitement to my super exciting day. Annnd I don't get many.

A random one to a friend: Scarf
A random one to someone I didn't talk to before: Kenshin5
Old September 30th, 2011 (01:43 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?: Sometimes, if not most of the time.

And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?: For the most part, surprised.

Who was the last person you sent a random VM to or received one from?: Don't remember.

Old September 30th, 2011 (01:50 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I send VMs but always with some kind of topic in mind, like I liked their signature, saw a post that intrigued me, etc. But my reaction to VMs varies drastically with my ability to pay attention to my computer and my boredom. I like VMs but when I'm busy or don't feel like replying, if anyone VMs me I'm just like "ughhh go awayyy >:/" But then I reply anyway usually, lol.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old September 30th, 2011 (02:18 PM).
Aquacorde
only in our dreams are we free
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I rarely send random ones, but when I do it is a gif that I found amusing and wanted to spam somewhere. Or just saying Hi. That's to friends, though. If it's someone I don't really know I actually have some content in there.

It's interesting receiving them, I guess. I mean, from someone new it's somewhat irritating because I personally would have put some proper text in if I wanted to talk or get to know someone. From friends it's fun because it's another start to a conversation, however bland or strange it may be. From staff it always provokes the immediate "what did I do wrong" reaction, which is quickly brushed off. And usually since the staff members who VM me are friends I don't even notice the status lol. I don't get a ton of them, mainly cause people I VM and who VM me do it to talk.

Um the last person I sent a random one to was I think Live cause I had a gif to put somewhere and I was already spamming up Bloo's profile. Last person I got one from was johnny18 cause of my most fantastic avatar. Person I've got the most from is of course Shawn. :>
Old September 30th, 2011 (02:25 PM).
Xyrin
Furret

Nature: Jolly
I used to send random VMs a lot. I stopped mostly because people didn't reply to them. Now I send VMs with content to start a conversation. It works better.

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old September 30th, 2011 (03:19 PM).
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

lol no I never send random VMs. But I do remember back in the day when the PM system was the only form of individual communication, I would send plenty of random PMs and I made quite a few friends that way, actually. Most of which I don't talk to much anymore, though.
Old September 30th, 2011 (06:25 PM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Uh, I don't really send random VM's... But yeah I barely chat with anyone on PC anymore so... And if I get a random VM I usually ignore it. Sorry!
Old September 30th, 2011 (07:54 PM).
Pokemon Trainer Touko
春野サクラ ♥

I used to sent tooooonsss of random VMs because I was really bored but nowdays I don't do so unless if I really want to get to know that person. xD; And I do sometimes receive random VMs and I reply to all of them :D
Old September 30th, 2011 (10:13 PM).
Alli
tͨ̀ ̡͕̗̫̘̣͛̆̏ͦ͢͡ h̓ͬͪͪ̊̍̋̿̎ȅ̊ m̴̨͍̬̿ͫͩͨͥͩͭ͠ ̙l̏ͦl ô̒́́ ͪ̋,͈͎ͮͨ̉̌̂͝͡ e ̴̅̽̇͑̓͋̃ͫ́҉

Nature: Timid
Yeah, I like sending stupid VMs. I spam Hiidoran with them all the time. :| And if he doesn't like it, then he can go climb a tree. If I get them, I'll probably respond, however I'm a little weirded out when it's from someone I've never talked to. Cause it's just like...well, obviously I don't have any inside jokes with that person, since I've never talk to them. So a random weird VM like "port side road skins" would just make me reply with "okay" lol. Last random VM I got was from Live Wire. He was ruffling his feathers.
Old September 30th, 2011 (10:19 PM).
Forever
let it go

I send random vms all the time, seriously. Look at my conversations with Toujours, Vrai, Kaori, Opposite Day and... I can't think of anyone else I send/have recently sent really random stuff to longer than like 2 or 3 vms, lol. But everyone else it's like a random vm of idek. I only do it with my friends though cause everyone else I'm paranoid would think I'm crazy and want to delete idk.

BUT, either way, for example last night I went around vming a few people something to do with #tpc in a Drakow-esque way and nobody really cared. :3

As for replying, lol yeah you're lucky to get a reply out of me that is longer than a page in one time period. :x /terrible at replying
Old September 30th, 2011 (10:21 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
I used to send a lot of random VMs before. I choose a person from my Recent Visitors tab, visit their profile, and just leave them a random HI HOW ARE YOU visitor message. :P Today...not that much anymore...I usually just let people VM me instead of me VMing them. lol

The only person I send VMs to...because I can... is my pair quilzel. He likes them. :P

How do I feel about receiving VMs? I feel pretty happy, actually. More like "omg this person wants to talk to me. yay!" The last person that VMed me was my PC brother Hybrid Trainer. :3 I'm quite happy that we're VMing again. :D

Old September 30th, 2011 (10:25 PM).
Alley Cat
Advanced Trainer

I don't really send VMs. The last one I randomly sent was to Skymin. It was indeed a random one actually. Just stopped by to say hi and congratulate her on modship. We talked for a bit, and well yeah. I mostly just respond to those that are sent to me.
Old September 30th, 2011 (10:38 PM).
Livewire

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Random VM's are fun and a great way to either break the ice or lighten the mood and cheer people up.

BSS | D&D | PM | VM
Old September 30th, 2011 (11:02 PM).
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I love to random VM people just simply because there is something about their profiles that I like and I want to make friend with them
Old October 1st, 2011 (04:07 AM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Usually I'll only send a random VM to a person that I've posted in their Welcome thread and I'm interested in getting to know them more. I don't mind getting getting random VM's myself, and I'll usually reply unless it's clearly spammy.

I haven't gotten too many random VM's from staff, to be honest.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old October 1st, 2011 (04:10 AM).
Impo
Playhouse Pokemon
Community Supporter

I get a small amount of random vm's, and usually by all the same person xD

I am usually pleased someone will take the time out to vm me, Staff or not

The last one was Vaporeon7, giving me my free kick XP
#440 Happiny
Supporter Collab January 2015
Trade Shop | Trade Review
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
paired to Perrie ✿ & Sodom
Old October 1st, 2011 (07:09 AM).
Yoshikko
spacing out

Completely agree with Live on that it's just a way to set a happy mood and get to know someone as well, it's a fun way of communicating! I sent some random VM's myself, sometimes didn't get replies but that's okay! I don't mind it at all. I like receiving them as well
[23:39] ~wolf: christos sucks as per usual
-Crazy Uncle Anti: hot patootie bless my soul
pairs - battle server
Old October 1st, 2011 (08:25 AM).
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
I rarely send VMs, though I do respond to random ones unless they're just super annoying and/or is a "crying out for attention" type.

Old October 1st, 2011 (02:49 PM).
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm too shy to send out random ones unless it's someone I really know and haven't talked to lately. :( I wish I was, I'd probably know more people if I did.

As for getting them, I love 'em! It's fun to talk and meet new people. SO BRING THEM ON. :D I almost always reply to them. It's a rare day when I can't find something to say.

Last time I got random ones was my birthday, I'd say. Well, random in the sense that I got a lot from strangers. Besides that, I can't remember. :s
Old October 3rd, 2011 (01:53 AM).
Shining Raichu
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Community Supporter

When I was really new, I sent a ton of random VMs to people I liked being all shy and nooby, when in reality in my head I was like 'OMFG PLEASE LIKE ME I JUST WANT YOU TO LIKE ME!!!!'

These days, I rarely send random VMs unless I see posts I really like and want to tell people they were awesome. That said, I still love getting random VMs. My most recent ones were from Sydian and Hiidoran, and I enjoyed them very much indeed :D

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 4th, 2011 (07:33 AM).
Saryka
Donator Tier 3

I don't send them because I never know how people would react, since some people don't like it and all, but I love love loooove getting them, especially if it's from someone I don't really talk to so it's like ~making new friends~ and stuff. :D I do reply to them too~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links