Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2012 (02:39 PM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

SE Reveals Conditions for FFVII Remake

I saw this in another thread and thought it also deserved some discussion in here.

Personally I think this is depressing news and basically means that it will NEVER be remade which is kinda depressing! It looks like that re-release was just people trolling us as per usual, ugh!

Brings up a new topic for discussion:
Do you think the older Final Fantasy games are better then the newer games? Whats your reasoning for your answer??
Old June 26th, 2012 (08:35 PM). Edited June 26th, 2012 by Sakura Rain.
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by CarefulWetPaint:
No one said Ventus! We've had enough fangirling on him for at least another few days :S plus I just got past all the wall of text! :P
You know I do it specifically to annoy you~ You'd best be thankful Erica's busy with university/real life, or we'd be in here with our dastardly walls of text. besides I've already told all of my feels for ven I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE. YET.

SE Reveals Conditions for FFVII Remake

I saw this in another thread and thought it also deserved some discussion in here.

Personally I think this is depressing news and basically means that it will NEVER be remade which is kinda depressing! It looks like that re-release was just people trolling us as per usual, ugh!

Brings up a new topic for discussion:
Do you think the older Final Fantasy games are better then the newer games? Whats your reasoning for your answer??
I knew it. Square, the lot of you are trolls of the highest order. I never get excited when I see FFVII remake news, because I know that Square's just going to troll us slfjsldkfs.

Also, welcome JadeSkittles! Dear, you might've joined at a bad time, we're going through a bit of a news drought in regards to everything, slkdfjs.

Someone else needs to answer this question. look i can't help it that i don't own any ff games besides 7 and 8 okay and you all already know my feels for them

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old July 1st, 2012 (03:48 PM).
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Anyone enjoyed FFCB for Wii? Its one of my fav Wii titles right next to Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy. Even though lots of people bash it I thought with a bit of tweaking it could of been a great game. I won
t lie the game kinda reminds me of The Legend of Korra in a way.
Old July 1st, 2012 (04:21 PM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

They do seem to troll us hard dont they, though this could be an attempt at a smart business move to get more of their new games moving better and selling more units. They are trying to trick us into buying the newer games so we can get an older game remade! :O They should just remake it already they'll get soooo much money from it.

I have never played FFCB, I do't really see a Final Fantasy game being fun on the WII though so I probably won't play it.. How do you think they could have made it better Ashley?
Old July 1st, 2012 (04:30 PM).
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
They do seem to troll us hard dont they, though this could be an attempt at a smart business move to get more of their new games moving better and selling more units. They are trying to trick us into buying the newer games so we can get an older game remade! :O They should just remake it already they'll get soooo much money from it.

I have never played FFCB, I do't really see a Final Fantasy game being fun on the WII though so I probably won't play it.. How do you think they could have made it better Ashley?
Well the controls were good but at times felt broken and a longer story would of been nice too. The thing i liked about it was its not the regular RPG its more action with rpg elements tossed in which was a nice thing for me at least.
Old July 4th, 2012 (06:56 AM).
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I finally finished FFX.... just... wow. They just don't make games like that any more. Granted, I like to grind, but 92 hours without sidequests. And it didn't feel drawn out. I'm wondering what my next move should be. Do I play FFX-2 or XII or ditch them both and play VII/VIII/IX?

From the half of it that I played before my memory card died (I'l be emulating this time around) XII's mechanics frustrated the hell out of me. Mainly licenses and their make-everyone-the-same preference. But I much prefer turn-based, as well. I have about a month until uni goes back. Choices, choices.

I'm a bit annoyed that the Steam-FFVII thing hasn't come to fruition, but what can you do?
Old July 4th, 2012 (09:51 AM).
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

I'd suggest Final Fantasy VII next. It definitely has its own problems, like every Final Fantasy does, but it's one of those games you must play, if only to see what people are talking about.

Final Fantasy VIII is very flawed in many ways, but it still has some really good aspects, and IX is just extremely slow. If you're going to replay Final Fantasy XII, I suggest getting the IZJS edition. It introduces a lot of concepts that were supposed to be in XII(like jobs) that couldn't make it due to constraints, and it re-balances the game a bit too.
Old July 8th, 2012 (12:15 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
dklsfj a month went by since I last posted here? I know I was busy but I didn't think I'd been THAT busy. ;_; MISSED YOU GUYS.

@Archer: I'd suggest playing the older ones before you move onto more recent ones, if only because it makes the graphics gap a little more manageable. :P But if graphics don't matter to you, I'd just go ahead and play X-2 while X is still fresh in your mind. There are a lot of little cameos from X characters, iirc, so you won't be looking at them going "who the heck is this" when you play like I was the last time I played X-2.

As for the FF7 re-release, I'm really curious what the achievements are gonna be. I don't care whether it's on Steam or not (although I think S-E is really going to be missing out if they skip on Steamplay) since I probably won't be bothering with it. (If I wanna play FF7 on PC, I'd rather just emulate the old version(s) and mod them to look/play better. :P
Old July 20th, 2012 (08:55 AM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Guess what comes out in English today? Yup, KH3D--for Europeans. D;
I have to wait 11 more days... Gah.
Old July 20th, 2012 (01:34 PM).
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Quote originally posted by Destiny Demon:
Guess what comes out in English today? Yup, KH3D--for Europeans. D;
I have to wait 11 more days... Gah.
I'm happy for Europeans getting it before us. They never got Re:CoM, they barely get games before NA, we're still getting it I dont see why people are jealous they got it before us tbh. Its well worth the wait.
Old July 20th, 2012 (04:35 PM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Why do different countries have different release dates? That doesnt make much sense to me..

But how many of you Europenas have already got it!? Are you guys loving it or what do tell your thoughts so far.
Old July 20th, 2012 (06:16 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I can sort of understand why Europeans and Australians get games after the NA release--Europe usually has translations (I think?) in several languages which take longer to localize and Australia is PAL-region so they use the same game ROMs as Europe and it makes sense to just rip the English parts from those to use instead of transferring (or doing whatever they need to do) the NA version twice. But delaying NA just feels like pandering to the EU crowd. Which, honestly, I'm kind of fine with since they do usually get shafted, but I'd rather they just release them all at the same time. :c

Excited that people are starting to get their hands on it now though! (And if you live in NYC, Nintendo World is doing an event a few days early where you can get your hands on the regular or MoM edition before the release date.) I can't wait to discuss it with everyone. And I'm excited to start my second playthrough soon. :D
Old July 21st, 2012 (05:55 PM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by コナンくん:

I'm happy for Europeans getting it before us. They never got Re:CoM, they barely get games before NA, we're still getting it I dont see why people are jealous they got it before us tbh. Its well worth the wait.
True true, I guess there's no need for complaining. Plus I think only NA gets to have the Mark of Mastery edition outside of Japan. :D Although I'm a little too late to pre order, since they're all out. :(
Old July 21st, 2012 (06:37 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

France got some fun preorder bonuses at least, though. They got some of the little KH Mobile keychains... I think Hallowe'en Town Sora but I also saw Aqua in a promotional scan. The Aqua one is adorable and I'd be super jealous if I didn't already have her. :P
Old July 21st, 2012 (07:47 PM).
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

KH3D actually came out in Europe before the US? Wow, that's a first (I think). Perhaps they're trying to please the EU crowd, seeing as they never got Re:CoM.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting it immediately though, I have to save my money for White 2. CONFLICT OF INTERESTS, YOU GUYS. EXTREME CONFLICT.

Do any of you guys have it yet, though? TELL US ALL ABOUT IT SJLKFJSDLKFJSD

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old July 21st, 2012 (08:00 PM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I wonder if Australia's going to get completely stiff and not have any special things with our release of it . Whats the coolest "collectors" piece getting released with the english version in your opinions?
Old July 21st, 2012 (08:13 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote originally posted by Sakura Rain:
KH3D actually came out in Europe before the US? Wow, that's a first (I think). Perhaps they're trying to please the EU crowd, seeing as they never got Re:CoM.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting it immediately though, I have to save my money for White 2. CONFLICT OF INTERESTS, YOU GUYS. EXTREME CONFLICT.
I think they got Re:Coded first too by a few days... which is kind of an insult really but still.

Get three-deeeeeeee. (I was gonna type 3DDDDDD but then it's like three-duhduhduhduhduhduhduh which doesn't have the same ring to it.)
I wonder if Australia's going to get completely stiff and not have any special things with our release of it :(. Whats the coolest "collectors" piece getting released with the english version in your opinions?
Um, I haven't heard anything about collector's editions in AUS. :( The best part of the NA one though is the 3DS case. It's the one that only came with the hella expensive anniversary edition of KH3D that came out in Japan bundled with the DS games. *u* I'm so excited to be getting my hands on it!
Old July 21st, 2012 (08:39 PM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Ugh Australia never gets anything cool, such a bummer. I really wish they would give us some nice things as well, the ds case would be awesome :'(
Why does SE do this to us?! Only give certain regions the goodies and collectables!
Old July 21st, 2012 (08:49 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

It probably has to do with purchase history in the region. Maybe Australia's sales just aren't as good as other places? :( If "no one" (you know what I mean) buys the games typically, they have no real incentive to release special editions in addition to the regular title since I imagine those are really costly to make.
Old July 21st, 2012 (09:22 PM).
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sakura Rain:

Do any of you guys have it yet, though? TELL US ALL ABOUT IT SJLKFJSDLKFJSD
Australia is getting it in 5 days before NA as well. NA is getting it last.
Old July 22nd, 2012 (04:37 AM).
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Well, Australia DOES get some cool stuff from time to time! We got the Birth by Sleep Special Edition along with Europe, which is why I'm guessing Square-Enix decided that it would be US' turn for the Collector's Edition. o3o
Although, I have to admit, the 3D MoM Edition DOES look considerably better than the BbS SE we got. xDD;;

All in all, still can't wait for the game's launch this Thursday. : D
Old July 22nd, 2012 (06:09 AM).
BlooMilk C.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I don't know, I hope I can go to the event to get the Mark of Mastery edition early, but probably not, so I can just order it, I guess.
Old July 22nd, 2012 (11:49 AM).
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by BlooMilk C.:
I don't know, I hope I can go to the event to get the Mark of Mastery edition early, but probably not, so I can just order it, I guess.
Amazon, gamestop, ebgames i think are all sold out here in the NA. idk what part you live in. I pre-ordered mine before it all well sold out in the MoMe. haha
Old July 24th, 2012 (07:42 AM).
BlooMilk C.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by コナンくん:

Amazon, gamestop, ebgames i think are all sold out here in the NA. idk what part you live in. I pre-ordered mine before it all well sold out in the MoMe. haha
What I mean by that is going to the event in New York City, but it's so early in the morning, so I really don't know, but maybe. Getting the game three days early would be a huge plus, but if I can't, I can wait.
Old July 24th, 2012 (10:17 AM).
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by BlooMilk C.:

What I mean by that is going to the event in New York City, but it's so early in the morning, so I really don't know, but maybe. Getting the game three days early would be a huge plus, but if I can't, I can wait.
Oh, I heard about that, I heard you can get the game 3 days early if you go to that event. :o

Sponsored Links