< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase Blue Pokemon Pink [COMPLETE]

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old October 3rd, 2015 (12:33 PM).
Pokemon Grape's Author

What is this?

This is Pokemon Pink Version (2014) and it’s a hack of Pokemon Blue (USA).
This is the first completed Remake of a Pokemon Hack, the original one has been made by Jeremy in the far 2001 but it wasn't ever completed or released.
In mid-2014, just for fun and practise, I, 80C, reconstructed the hack starting it from zero and it was based only on a couple of circulating screenshots.
This is my 3rd Pokemon hack and it's the first one I ever completed.

A year later I decided to re-remake this hack by porting it on Full Color (Gen.2-Fashion) by exploiting the source code of Drenn's Pokemon Red Full Color adapting it for Pokemon Blue in the process.

This hack is not only an improvement of the original game but it includes a few new functionalities and features.
STORY:
Somehow in a distant parallel universe to the World of Pokemon our beloved (or hated) Red never made it... instead of him there's a young female aspiring trainer takes his place in the story we all know. Yes, the same story of Pokemon Blue but with a different protagonist.

FEATURES:

• New Protagonist: Kris from Pokemon Crystal;
  • The introduction of 3 new types from further generations: Dark, Steel and Fairy-type have been added to the game;
  • The Type chart weakness/strength has been updated to match 6th generation parameters;
  • New starters: Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Vulpix;
  • The Unknown Dungeon has been updated and now it’s identical to Pokemon Yellow;
  • External tilesets have been updated to Pokemon Yellow;
  • Palettes were updated as well;
  • A few bugs have been fixed: Focus Energy isn’t any more broken and there’s no way to trigger normally the Glitch City Glitch by exploiting the Safari Zone warp flaws;
Bugs-Issues:

The same bugs and issues present in Pokemon Blue except those ones that were already fixed.
NOTE:
Final Version v2 is based on the Full Color port, so it inherites its technical flaws.
In particular, if the game is played on real gameboy it may damage the hardware, it's not totally confirmed though.
The roof of cerrtain buildings might change color\palette if the player enters in a nearby route in proximity of those buildings, it's only a graphical flaw.
Also, by using some items like Potions the palettes get brighter for a couple of frames, but afterwards everything is fine.

Screenshots (Final v2 - Color):

Screenshots (Final v1.1 - Vanilla)

Download:
Final Version v2 (Full Color): Click!
Final Version v1.1 (Retrò, for nostalgic people): Click!
Credits:
Final V1.1:
* 80C for making the hack;
* Jeremy for the original unreleased Pokemon Pink 2001 hack;
Final v2:
* 80C for making the hack and the Pokemon Blue Full Color port;
* Jeremy for the original unreleased Pokemon Pink 2001 hack;
* Drenn for the Pokemon Red Full Color Source Code;
* Everyone else involved in the Pokemon Red Full Color project.

I don't think there will be another release, so that's it, a cool retrò hack and, most iportant, a 100% completed one, full stop.
Yes, I'm back in grape.
POKEMON GRAPE DEMO 3.1 AVAILABLE!
CLICK THE BANNER & DOWNLOAD THE BEST GEN.1 HACK ROM EVER MADE!

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 3rd, 2015 (1:42 PM).

Nature: Bold
This is a huge upgrade from the base pokemon Blue version! great work. Downloading right away
I Stream Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky Destiny Tower Runs on Twitch! Follow XXXBlackoutxxxx! Message me when you do!
Old October 3rd, 2015 (1:43 PM).
The Forgotten
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Cant wait to play been waiting for a new pokemon game to play for a while and completed has the game been throughly checked for bugs or will you be fixing any issue with any bugs you havnt encounter that mite need to be fix in future updates if any and Thank you
You stole my heart! Give it back!
Old October 3rd, 2015 (1:52 PM).

Looks amazing, downloading right away!
Old October 3rd, 2015 (2:19 PM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Love how you did this throughout. Gonna play this in my free time c:

Old October 3rd, 2015 (4:53 PM).

Thanks for making this 80c but what else has been changed? Did you change stats, move pools, attack data, etc.? Is it harder than normal blue?
Old October 3rd, 2015 (7:45 PM).

Mind if I make a fun let's play on it?
Old October 3rd, 2015 (8:11 PM).
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablahblah987 View Post
Thanks for making this 80c but what else has been changed? Did you change stats, move pools, attack data, etc.? Is it harder than normal blue?
look at the rattata typing in the screenshot...

Old October 3rd, 2015 (8:20 PM).

Yeah I saw that but has Rattata/Ratticate's stats been changed? Does it learn Bite or Crunch? What about with other Pokemon? What's the point of including fairy types if there are no new fairy type moves added? There seems to be no changes to the trainers?
Old October 4th, 2015 (6:28 AM).
Pokemon: Cresent
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
This looks awesome!
I'm going to download right now and give it a go!

Thank you for your hard work.
Jirachi's Versace - 5 Members
WIP - Pokemon Cresent.

Old October 4th, 2015 (7:27 AM).

The color version's image crashes when picking a starter for me... Might wanna fix that :p
Old October 4th, 2015 (9:04 AM).
Pokémon Fan
Crystal Tier

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulated Gameplay View Post
The color version's image crashes when picking a starter for me... Might wanna fix that :p
Works perfectly fine for me, make sure you've patched it on a clean pokemon blue rom.

Old October 4th, 2015 (1:37 PM).

this might sound dumb but did you put any new pokemon in this hack?
"Team rocket blasting off again"
Old October 4th, 2015 (6:25 PM).
Pokémon Fan
Crystal Tier

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTyrant View Post
this might sound dumb but did you put any new pokemon in this hack?
He didn't. There are only the original 151 pokemon.

Well I just played through the hack, was lots of fun. I enjoyed fairy type being in gen 1. I hit a few bumps along the way though.

Spoiler:
Was going to add Aerodactyl to my team but he wasn't able to learn rock slide so I just threw him in the PC. So then I dedicated myself to getting a Dragonite for my flyer. So on Victory Road I found a rare candy and evolved my Dragonair into a Dragonite, I had HM fly on me to give it to Dragonite but Dragonite wasn't able to learn fly!Anyways I was shocked at the time but it didn't bother me too much since my team only consists of 5 pokemon, carrying a slave would suffice.

Was little disappointed that no one on my team except slowbro could learn earthquake but Ninetale's dig attack was enough.

I probably would of caught Clefairy early in game to add to my team but wasn't expecting moonblast or any fairy type moves so didn't bother.

The elite four and champ was easier than I was expecting. I was also overstocked in supplies.

Here's a pic of my team after I became champion.

I still have quite a bit to do but going to take a little break.

Going to fill in the Pokedex as much as I can.

The way I caught Moltres was beautiful. Sent out Dragonite, used thunderwave, then hyper beam and throw 2 ultra balls and boom caught.

Bugs: During my rival battle at sliph co my rival had a Ninetales instead of a Wigglytuff. (I picked Vulpix as my starter)

Old October 5th, 2015 (5:49 AM).
"Bass"!

Nature: Gentle
Oh yeah! A new Pokemon Hack! 10/10!
Old October 5th, 2015 (9:41 AM). Edited October 5th, 2015 by Spherical Ice.
Pokemon Grape's Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablahblah987 View Post
Yes, the type chart has been updated to match Gen6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulated Gameplay View Post
Mind if I make a fun let's play on it?
Of course! You can let's play it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3x View Post

Well I just played through the hack, was lots of fun. I enjoyed fairy type being in gen 1. I hit a few bumps along the way though.

Spoiler:
Was going to add Aerodactyl to my team but he wasn't able to learn rock slide so I just threw him in the PC. So then I dedicated myself to getting a Dragonite for my flyer. So on Victory Road I found a rare candy and evolved my Dragonair into a Dragonite, I had HM fly on me to give it to Dragonite but Dragonite wasn't able to learn fly!Anyways I was shocked at the time but it didn't bother me too much since my team only consists of 5 pokemon, carrying a slave would suffice.

Was little disappointed that no one on my team except slowbro could learn earthquake but Ninetale's dig attack was enough.

I probably would of caught Clefairy early in game to add to my team but wasn't expecting moonblast or any fairy type moves so didn't bother.

The elite four and champ was easier than I was expecting. I was also overstocked in supplies.

The way I caught Moltres was beautiful. Sent out Dragonite, used thunderwave, then hyper beam and throw 2 ultra balls and boom caught.

Bugs: During my rival battle at sliph co my rival had a Ninetales instead of a Wigglytuff. (I picked Vulpix as my starter)
I'm glad you enjoyed the hack! :D

Thanks for your report, apparently I forgot about fixing the parameters for the rival in the battle at the Silph Co, fortunately it's a very easy fix, also, it's possible to make Charizard and Dragonite learn Fly (Charizard doesn't learn Fly in the original Red & Blue... that's weird), it's an easy task.

I can feature all of these changes on a future release including even some extra moves (expecially for the new types, in particular Dark, Steel and Fairy), actually I'm very busy, but as soon as I have some time I'll dedicate it for that release, by the end of this year a re-release featuring those fixes and a few other add-ons is possible.

If you're interested in another retrò hack ROM of mine here on PokeCommunity, this time with new Pokemon and very advanced features, you can check out my other Pokemon Hack ROM (it's located in the Progressing Hacks Section), it's called Pokemon Grape, it features stuff like new pokemon from all generations (more than 240) and a lot of other surprises, it's very worth your time.
Spoiler:

If you can't find it or if you don't want to spend time searching for it the thread is here.

Thanks again!
Yes, I'm back in grape.
POKEMON GRAPE DEMO 3.1 AVAILABLE!
CLICK THE BANNER & DOWNLOAD THE BEST GEN.1 HACK ROM EVER MADE!

Old October 5th, 2015 (2:12 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3x View Post

Spoiler:

Oh ok definitely going to try this rom out i haven't tried any gen 1 roms so this should be interesting
"Team rocket blasting off again"
Old October 5th, 2015 (6:59 PM).
Genwunner / born 1989

Any content from 80C takes priority over everything else I'm playing Pokemon-related. Putting down my game of Complex Crystal to play this updated version of Pokemon Pink. I see I have the original Pokemon Pink downloaded (the one from way back when), but I've never played it.

I'll definitely be downloading and playing this right now. Thanks for updating the graphics, 80C!

Old October 6th, 2015 (10:55 AM).
Genwunner / born 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80C View Post
The introduction of 3 new types from further generations: Dark, Steel and Fairy-type have been added to the game;
But there are no Dark type Pokémon in the original 151, so only Fairy and Steel type Pokémon have been added. Is this correct? I have not gotten far enough to determine whether Bite has been changed to Dark type. Can anyone confirm whether or not Dark type moves have been adjusted? Also, can anyone confirm the existence of Fairy type moves? I'm not familiar enough with the later-gen games to know whether or not any of the moves in Gen 1 were changed to Fairy type. And what about Steel type moves?

Old 1 Day Ago (12:48 PM).

Gonna try this out sometime after i play around some more with Pokemon Red++, looks cool!
Strip the flesh! Salt the wound! *Manical laughter*
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links