Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 588 69.50%
★★★★ 178 21.04%
★★★ 43 5.08%
★★ 8 0.95%
29 3.43%
Voters: 846. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 17th, 2012 (02:22 PM).
Tryploshion
I become a Pokemon Master!

hey pls take screenshots of the new places or locations i want to see how are they
Old February 17th, 2012 (02:55 PM).
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
There are no new areas/locations as there it no extra space in Hoenn, all 386 Pokémon fit within the region as it is therefore no need for extra locations.

Team Platinum
Old February 17th, 2012 (03:17 PM).
Tryploshion

thx now i want to catch mewtwo
Old February 17th, 2012 (05:56 PM).
bcrobert
Lazy Antagonist

Nature: Quirky
Question.

Someone asked if the elemental punches were physical or special and you replied "physical."

So is the physical/special split implemented in this hack? There was no mention of it in any of the documents.

So are the punches really physical (as in 4th+ generation mechanics) or are they special (as in the 3rd generation mechanics)?
Old February 17th, 2012 (06:28 PM).
HikariYagami
Old School Trainer

Greetings!

I was wandering around net when i found ur ROM , which seems pretty awesome, and was wondering where the download link is...i cant find it! The ROM is on closed beta or something? I cant wait to play
Old February 17th, 2012 (06:37 PM).
MegaKuriboh

Nature: Adamant
Suicune, what can I say? This hack is amazing, it makes the experience of Emerald much better. I remember playing this game back in Beta 4 or 5 ish, before you implented the Starters and stuff, and it was great.

I think I'll give this hack a few more updates before I play it again, it is freaking great.
Good job, good luck :]
Old February 17th, 2012 (06:56 PM).
netlams
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by HikariYagami:
Greetings!

I was wandering around net when i found ur ROM , which seems pretty awesome, and was wondering where the download link is...i cant find it! The ROM is on closed beta or something? I cant wait to play
i feel dumb for asking, but where is the download link or address?
thanks.
Old February 17th, 2012 (08:07 PM).
NzK
Beginning Trainer

Just a fast question, is Swellow or Altaria better in this?
Old February 17th, 2012 (08:39 PM).
MegaKuriboh

Download link disappeared :[
Old February 18th, 2012 (05:26 AM).
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin:
Download link disappeared :[
My mistake, I was uploading the the latest download and my Computer shut down therefore wasn't able to save but it's up now. The only change is Dodrios stats have been slightly increased.

About the Elemental Punches I'm not 100% sure but they may be Physical considering that's what they are in later generations also the fact that Emerald uses SP. Attack & SP. Defence. Feel free to patch the ROM with a Physical/Special split if you're not sure.

Team Platinum
Old February 18th, 2012 (05:56 AM).
Tofutheenderman

I have a question/problem. Not sure if i understood correctly but wen i patched my Expert Emerald from "6.3" to the 6.8, mt TM's such as Thief, Roar and Skill Swap are still the same. I thought the TM's where gonna be changed into the elemental punches? or was it the other way around?

Edit:

Oh and the Giga Drains is 70 instead of 75. Or again, is the other way around too? >.<
Old February 18th, 2012 (06:00 AM).
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Tofutheenderman:
I have a question/problem. Not sure if i understood correctly but wen i patched my Expert Emerald from "6.3" to the 6.8, mt TM's such as Thief, Roar and Skill Swap are still the same. I thought the TM's where gonna be changed into the elemental punches? or was it the other way around?

Edit:

Oh and the Giga Drains is 70 instead of 75. Or again, is the other way around too? >.<
It is 70, I must have wrote it down as 75 by mistake, thanks for pointing this out. When I tried replacing TMS it messed up and I didn't want to risk corrupting anything so the TMS are as they should be. All Pokémon that should/can learn Elemental Punches however now have it in their movepools.

Team Platinum
Old February 18th, 2012 (06:39 AM).
Tofutheenderman

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

It is 70, I must have wrote it down as 75 by mistake, thanks for pointing this out. When I tried replacing TMS it messed up and I didn't want to risk corrupting anything so the TMS are as they should be. All Pokémon that should/can learn Elemental Punches however now have it in their movepools.
OH, thanks allot on clearing that out. Also one last question. After i defeat the Elite Four (If i EVER manage to do so) will i get the National pokedex like any other? to register all 386 or so pokemons?
Old February 18th, 2012 (06:46 AM).
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Tofutheenderman:
OH, thanks allot on clearing that out. Also one last question. After i defeat the Elite Four (If i EVER manage to do so) will i get the National pokedex like any other? to register all 386 or so pokemons?
Yeah, you will receive the National Dex once you defeat the Elite Four (Planning to make it at the start) If there are some Pokémon that are not registered in the Dex just check the Pokémon Locations File in the download, also make sure you goto the Battle Frontier and rematch the Gyms & Elite Four members.

Team Platinum
Old February 18th, 2012 (07:04 AM).
Tofutheenderman

Yeah, you will receive the National Dex once you defeat the Elite Four (Planning to make it at the start) If there are some Pokémon that are not registered in the Dex just check the Pokémon Locations File in the download, also make sure you goto the Battle Frontier and rematch the Gyms & Elite Four members.
I will try, because i'm already having a hard time training my team to lv 50 to battle norman....Dang i just remembered. The tickets for some of the legendary are in the Battle Frontier but you need to battle some one specifically?
Old February 18th, 2012 (07:09 AM). Edited February 18th, 2012 by mightyhaku.
mightyhaku
Beginning Trainer

New version seems to have fixed my black screen problem Dunno what you did but thanks
Also could you make Linoone/Zigzagoon learn Extremespeed in maybe the 40s-50s? Its already possible but its a real hassle to get it (requires gamecube).
Old February 18th, 2012 (09:07 AM). Edited February 18th, 2012 by Blue.
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by mightyhaku:
New version seems to have fixed my black screen problem :S Dunno what you did but thanks :P
Also could you make Linoone/Zigzagoon learn Extremespeed in maybe the 40s-50s? Its already possible but its a real hassle to get it (requires gamecube).
Yeah, that's a good idea I'll get it sorted.

I've made it so Furret learns Extremespeed at Level 42 & Linoone learns Extremespeed at Level 44 (release 6.81)

Team Platinum
Old February 18th, 2012 (09:29 AM).
HikariYagami
Old School Trainer

My mistake, I was uploading the the latest download and my Computer shut down therefore wasn't able to save but it's up now. The only change is Dodrios stats have been slightly increased.

Yay, thanks for fixing the Download link :D
I'll download it right now
If i find something wrong i'll post it <--- (going to play on psp)
Old February 18th, 2012 (11:33 AM).
MegaKuriboh

About the Elemental Punches I'm not 100% sure but they may be Physical considering that's what they are in later generations also the fact that Emerald uses SP. Attack & SP. Defence. Feel free to patch the ROM with a Physical/Special split if you're not sure.
The Elemental Punches were Special in 3rd gen, since Electric, Ice and Fire are Special types. Also, I don't think there is a Physical/Special split patch for Emerald, I remember there being RS and FRLG ones, but not a patch for Emerald.

But thanks for putting the link back! :]
Old February 18th, 2012 (12:22 PM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx

Ah right my mistake, I thought you had problems with saving but Pupitar does now learn Ancient Power at level 30 (level of evolving) and to answer your question the Elemental Punches are Physical.
No it's not your fault either.. I think the reason why Pupitar didn't learned Ancient power could be due to that it evolved from the old Larvitar from previous beta even before you changed their movesets...
Beated Norman on first try with:
Lv 41 Electabuzz
Rock smash,thunderpunch,swift,Quick attack
Lv 40 poliwhirl
rock smash, water pulse, body slam, hypnosis
Lv 38 camerupt
magnitude, rock slide, ember, flamethrower
Lv 36 pidgeot
featherdance, wing attack, sand-attack, quick attack
Lv 36 Sceptile
pursuit, Strength, Leaf blade, bullet seed
Lv 39 pupitar
thrash, bite, screech. rock slide
Old February 18th, 2012 (02:32 PM).
Tryploshion

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
No it's not your fault either.. I think the reason why Pupitar didn't learned Ancient power could be due to that it evolved from the old Larvitar from previous beta even before you changed their movesets...
Beated Norman on first try with:
Lv 41 Electabuzz
Rock smash,thunderpunch,swift,Quick attack
Lv 40 poliwhirl
rock smash, water pulse, body slam, hypnosis
Lv 38 camerupt
magnitude, rock slide, ember, flamethrower
Lv 36 pidgeot
featherdance, wing attack, sand-attack, quick attack
Lv 36 Sceptile
pursuit, Strength, Leaf blade, bullet seed
Lv 39 pupitar
thrash, bite, screech. rock slide
First try? WTF how u do that!!!!! u are lucky and can anyone say to me how to train my pokemons and lelve up them so quicly sorry for bad englsih
Old February 18th, 2012 (02:52 PM).
~Hot n' Cold~
is too good for a title.

Nature: Naive
In case you have been wondering where my posts where (you probably won't but whatever), it was because I had started a new file because my last team was very badly organized (type-wise) and weak. So anyway, after starting my new file I just beat Wattson and this is my team:

Spoiler:

Gardevoir ♂
Lv. 31
Growl / Confusion / Psychic / Teleport
----------

Bayleef ♂
Lv. 30
Tackle / Growl / Razor Leaf / Bullet Seed
----------

Nidorina ♀
Lv. 30
Scratch / Cut / Bite / Double Kick
----------

Ampharos ♀
Lv. 30
Tackle / Thunderpunch / Thundershock / Thunder Wave
----------

Marshtomp ♂
Lv. 32
Take Down / Mud Shot / Rock Tomb / Water Gun
----------

Quiliva ♂
Lv. 30
Tackle / Quick Attack / Rollout / Ember
Old February 18th, 2012 (03:56 PM).
bcrobert
Lazy Antagonist

Nature: Quirky

The Elemental Punches were Special in 3rd gen, since Electric, Ice and Fire are Special types. Also, I don't think there is a Physical/Special split patch for Emerald, I remember there being RS and FRLG ones, but not a patch for Emerald.

But thanks for putting the link back! :]
Yes. But I have no real problem with it. I just wanted to know what natures I should be leaning my pokemon toward.
Old February 18th, 2012 (11:52 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

That's the right answer for question about elemental punches.
The Physical/Special split for moves first appeared in 4th gen.

Quote originally posted by Tryploshion:
First try? WTF how u do that!!!!! u are lucky and can anyone say to me how to train my pokemons and lelve up them so quicly sorry for bad englsih
I also beat Norman on my first try, is it that big of achievement?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 19th, 2012 (12:31 AM).
mysteryme
Togepi

Is it possible to convert the other fossils in pokemon? I went to Rustboro city, where that scientist who can bring fossils to life is. I've got a helix, a dome, and a old amber. But he won't accept any of them?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links