The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 438 68.12%
★★★★ 146 22.71%
★★★ 30 4.67%
★★ 4 0.62%
25 3.89%
Voters: 643. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26th, 2012, 04:33 PM
HikariYagami
Old School Trainer

Nice upgrades, thanks!

I've found a issue at route 119. There's no pokemon on the grasses! I did not tested on water, but the grass in empty.

Quote:
Is dratini in the water or grass in route 120?
i've found 'em at grass.
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariYagami View Post
Nice upgrades, thanks! :)

I've found a issue at route 119. There's no pokemon on the grasses! I did not tested on water, but the grass in empty.

i've found 'em at grass.
Just checked the data and there was no wild data for that Route, some strange reason it must have been erased.. nonetheless I have fixed that and I've also fixed the Pokéblock incident, you still get it as an item but it actually is there.

Old February 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
for some reason my eevee's not evolving into an umbreon at lvl 40. did something change?
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofutheenderman View Post
@Ash How did you hacked the Pokeblock? D: so i can try or wait for a fix to this...
Once again throughout the Memory Viewer but it can be done with simple scripting =)

And now for the islands =)

You will need VBA, it probably won't work in cell phones/PSPs etc...
1) Click on Tools and Memory Viewer.
2) Go to offset 806F5EC and change the first 4 bites (6D 4E C6 41) to 00.
3) Close Memory Viewer, open in-game menu and choose Options and close it.

Now we are ready for editing =)

4) Go to offset 3005D8C and click on 32-bit. You will see some 32-bit numbers and we need the first one.
5) Add 1386 (in hex, use Windows Calculator e.g. for it =))
6) Go to offset you get. After that click on 8-bit to be sure.
7) Now we need to change 1st, 5th and 7th bit like this:
1st: raise the bit by 8
5th: raise the bit by 60
7th: raise the bit by 1
(All counting can be done by using win calculator to be sure =))

And that's all. Save your game, close it and start playing again.
Now the event should start by using Lilycove's harbour ship.
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Johnny View Post
for some reason my eevee's not evolving into an umbreon at lvl 40. did something change?
Apologies, it's Level 45 for Umbeon... it was originally 40 but I must have changed it.

Old February 27th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Zetsubou Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Apologies, it's Level 45 for Umbeon... it was originally 40 but I must have changed it.
ugh i hate dragging around training eevee.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Tofutheenderman

Quote:

Just checked the data and there was no wild data for that Route, some strange reason it must have been erased.. nonetheless I have fixed that and I've also fixed the Pokéblock incident, you still get it as an item but it actually is there.
In front of the contest enrence i picked up the pokeball that was there...And it was a Poke ball .__. i thought is suppose to be the Pokeblock case?

Edit: and still no pokemon in 119 DX or the fix of all this will be on 7.04?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Once again throughout the Memory Viewer but it can be done with simple scripting =)

And now for the islands =)

You will need VBA, it probably won't work in cell phones/PSPs etc...
1) Click on Tools and Memory Viewer.
2) Go to offset 806F5EC and change the first 4 bites (6D 4E C6 41) to 00.
3) Close Memory Viewer, open in-game menu and choose Options and close it.

Now we are ready for editing =)

4) Go to offset 3005D8C and click on 32-bit. You will see some 32-bit numbers and we need the first one.
5) Add 1386 (in hex, use Windows Calculator e.g. for it =))
6) Go to offset you get. After that click on 8-bit to be sure.
7) Now we need to change 1st, 5th and 7th bit like this:
5th: raise the bit by 60
(All counting can be done by using win calculator to be sure =))

And that's all. Save your game, close it and start playing again.
Now the event should start by using Lilycove's harbour ship.
I have no experience with anything of this. So i quiet don't understand or get anything =[ or how to "script" my way to the pokeblock case or how to understand what you just said.

Last edited by Tofutheenderman; February 27th, 2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cat

Quote:
In front of the contest enrence i picked up the pokeball that was there...And it was a Poke ball .__. i thought is suppose to be the Pokeblock case?

Edit: and still no pokemon in 119 DX or the fix of all this will be on 7.04?

I have no experience with anything of this. So i quiet don't understand or get anything =[ or how to "script" my way to the pokeblock case or how to understand what you just said.
I've updated and released 7.04, I checked Route 119 and encountered a Level 39 Lickitung so that should be fixed and I've also corrected the Pokéblock case problem. I had the offset as 0x4 which is a Pokéball but I've fixed that now, anymore problems just let me know.

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Tofutheenderman

Quote:

I've updated and released 7.04, I checked Route 119 and encountered a Level 39 Lickitung so that should be fixed and I've also corrected the Pokéblock case problem. I had the offset as 0x4 which is a Pokéball but I've fixed that now, anymore problems just let me know.
Ok the pokeblock case is there this time instead of the poke ball. All from that works fine. But in 119 there is still no pokemons on my side. Not sure if it has to do with some strange sav corruption problems of something or is being affected by rain?
Old February 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
Here's a suggestion, give Poliwhirl Brick Break at level 25 or something. In my runthrough, my Poliwrath didn't learn any fighting moves (Other than Rock Smash).
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

The heart scale in maulville constantly respawns. I don't know if this is intentional or not but i doubt you'll like this.

I wanted to post team updates but honestly i forget but i'm rolling with
Cruise the Blaziken lvl 44
Joan Jett the Swellow lvl 42
Jade the Gardevoir lvl 43
Mary Jane the Bellossom lvl 47
NORMA the Eevee lvl 42((God how i hate NORMA.)) Its the eevee you get in a trade in rustburogh but due to this games increased difficulty IT NEVER OBEYS EVER. Not to mention eevee it's self is virtually useless when having to battle fully evolved pokemon at the same level. And the sad thing is since it's lacking egg moves like wish and curse I doubt all my fustration will pay off in the end when it evolves into an umbreon. it's a great pokemon but only when EV trained for competitive battling does it really shine.

Well I learned the hard way that umbreon has been unchanged in this game. Not asking for much maybe for it to learn crunch at lvl 50 or maybe curse at a lower level or something.
A stat improvement might be desired but I don't wanna ask for the world

Last edited by Zetsubou Johnny; February 27th, 2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 03:34 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
WoW!!! your signature about the Ruby and Sapphire looks amazing... I am thinking of an awesome game...
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Tofutheenderman

Quote:
The heart scale in maulville constantly respawns. I don't know if this is intentional or not but i doubt you'll like this.

I wanted to post team updates but honestly i forget but i'm rolling with
Cruise the Blaziken lvl 44
Joan Jett the Swellow lvl 42
Jade the Gardevoir lvl 43
Mary Jane the Bellossom lvl 47
NORMA the Eevee lvl 42((God how i hate NORMA.)) Its the eevee you get in a trade in rustburogh but due to this games increased difficulty IT NEVER OBEYS EVER. Not to mention eevee it's self is virtually useless when having to battle fully evolved pokemon at the same level. And the sad thing is since it's lacking egg moves like wish and curse I doubt all my fustration will pay off in the end when it evolves into an umbreon. it's a great pokemon but only when EV trained for competitive battling does it really shine.

Well I learned the hard way that umbreon has been unchanged in this game. Not asking for much maybe for it to learn crunch at lvl 50 or maybe curse at a lower level or something.
I agree with the eevee that evolves in 45 or something. Is annoying. So i pretty much changed to evolve with a moon stone. Much better and makes allot more sense since the other is with sun stone. used the cloning thingy in battle frontier and all and BAM.

Last edited by Tofutheenderman; February 28th, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Ouch... that is not nice...
I must say that I don't know how to explain it better... This was the best I could...
Have you actually tried it? It's the best way how to get the hold of it.
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Tofutheenderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Ouch... that is not nice...
I must say that I don't know how to explain it better... This was the best I could...
Have you actually tried it? It's the best way how to get the hold of it.
Actually. Yes i have and it was easy at first but then i didn't understood something and i got black screen and in other parts missing pokedex.

Edit:In this is what i got confuse. I will mark it with a star.

4) Go to offset 3005D8C and click on 32-bit. You will see some 32-bit numbers and *we need the first one.*
5) Add 1386 (in hex, use Windows Calculator e.g. for it =)) ( I assume is 0x56A?) But where to actually add it?
6) *Go to offset you get*. After that click on 8-bit to be sure. What do you mean by going to offset you get? the 0x56A? Or?
7) *Now we need to change 1st, 5th and 7th bit like this:
5th: raise the bit by 60* All that.
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
skooby2315
Unhatched Egg

How come I cant use the old sea chart, Aurora ticket, etc???
Old February 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Tofutheenderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooby2315 View Post
How come I cant use the old sea chart, Aurora ticket, etc???
Because the events are not activated or made, or something like that.

And darn, i deleted my other message...sigh. Here i go again.

Is a suggestion about the new pokemon types that was added. Granbull is now Normal/Dark and its base stats are Psychical wise since dark is on Special attack. So pretty much is making it useless having it with a dark type in addition. And about Blastoise being Water/Fighter sounds ok but it would be more better if its Water/Ground since turtles are from land or sea making it more understandable and Venomoth being now Flying/Poison which both are Physical make it weak in attacks since his base stats are 65 in Attack and 100 in Special. reversing it would be better in my opinion.

Over all in types this is how it goes from 1rst gen to emerald.

Physical moves: Bug, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel, Fight.

Special moves: Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water.
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:14 PM
skooby2315
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Because the events are not activated or made, or something like that.

And darn, i deleted my other message...sigh. Here i go again.

Is a suggestion about the new pokemon types that was added. Granbull is now Normal/Dark and its base stats are Psychical wise since dark is on Special attack. So pretty much is making it useless having it with a dark type in addition. And about Blastoise being Water/Fighter sounds ok but it would be more better if its Water/Ground since turtles are from land or sea making it more understandable and Venomoth being now Flying/Poison which both are Physical make it weak in attacks since his base stats are 65 in Attack and 100 in Special. reversing it would be better in my opinion.

Over all in types this is how it goes from 1rst gen to emerald.

Physical moves: Bug, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel, Fight.

Special moves: Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water.
so that means those items are useless? i really wanted a Lugia :/
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

Quote:

Disregard that post, not only has umbreon been changed in game ((the pokemon changed word document just forgot to include him but he learned crunch in this game)) he's also made up for his shortcomings. And after flanery's gym the badges begin catching up with his level's so it beings to obey.

Also not just the mauville heart scale but all the heart scales respawn.
Old February 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Tofutheenderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooby2315 View Post
so that means those items are useless? i really wanted a Lugia :/
Not useless but unusable for now...And so do i and many others but oh well.
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Zetsubou Johnny

Quote:
Disregard that post, not only has umbreon been changed in game ((the pokemon changed word document just forgot to include him but he learned crunch in this game)) he's also made up for his shortcomings. And after flanery's gym the badges begin catching up with his level's so it beings to obey.
And so I'm wrong again. I won't get you to change the game for a handful of pokemon, but the badge obey level's conflict with the heightened level of the pokemon. This umbreon is a pain in the ass, but I'll make it worthwhile. if I'm lucky when i get the feather badge i should be able to ride it until the sotopolis gym. There's in insane amount of trainers between the two, but i'll make due. In retrospect this is actually pretty brilliant as a way to make the game harder so you probably could leave this in. I'm just giving the heads up.

I know you're up for pokemon move set changes ((I've probably abused that entirely too much throughout the thread.)) but are you open to pokemon ability changes?

Also despite this being more ascetic than actually useful but i think Bellossom would benefit more from learning morning sun rather than moonlight. It conflicts with the pokemon's personality to have the sunny pokemon learn moonlight.

Last edited by Zetsubou Johnny; February 29th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Cat

Quote:
And so I'm wrong again. I won't get you to change the game for a handful of pokemon, but the badge obey level's conflict with the heightened level of the pokemon. This umbreon is a pain in the ass, but I'll make it worthwhile. if I'm lucky when i get the feather badge i should be able to ride it until the sotopolis gym. There's in insane amount of trainers between the two, but i'll make due. In retrospect this is actually pretty brilliant as a way to make the game harder so you probably could leave this in. I'm just giving the heads up.
Quote:

I know you're up for pokemon move set changes ((I've probably abused that entirely too much throughout the thread.)) but are you open to pokemon ability changes?

Also despite this being more ascetic than actually useful but i think Bellossom would benefit more from learning morning sun rather than moonlight. It conflicts with the pokemon's personality to have the sunny pokemon learn moonlight.
Thanks for the feedback, I can easily change things around and Morning Sun would suit Bellossom better really. When I had changed Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon's movesets so that they learn the powerful elemental moves I also changed it so Umbreon learns Crunch at Level 50 & Espeon learns Psychic at Level 50 as it kinda and obviously fits their typing and level but I was thinking as you and others have suggested I may change Umbreon's evolution to evolve via a Moon Stone considering Espeon requires a Sun Stone and it would make sence really.

About ability changes I can get that sorted but I'd need suggestions, I've never really been to good with abilities on Pokémon ;_;

Beta 7.1 Released - Changes

Umbreon now evolves via Moon Stone
Espeon now leanrs Psybeam at Level 43
Umbreon now learns Faint Attack at Level 43
Eevee now leanrs Headbutt at Level 16
Marowak now learns Rock Slide at Level 41
Maroak now has a stat total of 500!
You can now obtain a Moon Stone at Route 112/Lavaridge Town (Like the Sun Stone)

In-Game Trade Changes

Trade #1 Ralts -> Cubone
Trade #2 Aron -> Ditto
Trade #3 Bagon -> Dratini
Trade #4 Spheal -> Tyrogue

Last edited by Cat; February 29th, 2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Tofutheenderman

I still don't seem to get pokemons in the route 119 or find the Charmander in 120. And what ability suggestion are you kinda looking for?
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Cat

Quote:
I still don't seem to get pokemons in the route 119 or find the Charmander in 120. And what ability suggestion are you kinda looking for?
I've fixed the Route 119 Pokémon error, it should be working, it works for me and I've assigned Pokémon to that Route so I don't know what's going wrong there..

Charmander is on Route 120 but it's hidden in a space in the Tall Grass, just keep looking, you'll find it eventually.

Old February 29th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Tofutheenderman

Quote:

I've fixed the Route 119 Pokémon error, it should be working, it works for me and I've assigned Pokémon to that Route so I don't know what's going wrong there..

Charmander is on Route 120 but it's hidden in a space in the Tall Grass, just keep looking, you'll find it eventually.
I pretty much looked on the grass and i got tired of looking for it..Is annoying to be honest and will be more annoying if is not actually there like on the problem i have with route 119...Again aside from that, what ability suggestions are you looking for?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links