Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 607 69.21%
★★★★ 187 21.32%
★★★ 45 5.13%
★★ 8 0.91%
30 3.42%
Voters: 877. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 11th, 2012 (02:50 PM).

I've encountered some kind of glitch Pokémon after going down one level in the Abandoned Ship. All three of these rooms contain a question mark thing: d.pr/gEpf (just put http in front of that to see the image; I can't post links yet)
Old March 11th, 2012 (03:33 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
[FONT="Maven Pro"][SIZE="2"]
Quote originally posted by 0shawott:
I've encountered some kind of glitch Pokémon after going down one level in the Abandoned Ship. All three of these rooms contain a question mark thing: d.pr/gEpf (just put http in front of that to see the image; I can't post links yet)
What seems to be the problem, am I looking at the correct image here?
Old March 11th, 2012 (04:36 PM).
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
LOL I remember posting something here...it's when you first put this up...I think 2nd page. I was da one who asked about Taillow and why it evolves so late.

...But funny thing, I just end up training a Doduo...Since they're obtainable, before Taillow. LOL

I haven't downloaded a new version in awhile...The last one was...I think you was still in beta 6...I'll probably download 7.5 and start a new file, since I haven't played it in awhile...Last time I played, I had 6 HARD EARNED badges.

Despite all that, I do always check to see what other new stuff you've added once you release a new version...Cuz you do release a new very often.

Btw, there's NO other 3rd gen modification out better than yours...NONE! This gots to be one of da best I've played...It has da difficult and the awesome new scripts; which always give it a fresh feel.

Only thing's missing...New sprites. And I guess new tiles...LOL...Tho, it's not really necessary...I mean, your game's already good with or without it...Ya know what I mean.

Keep it up...
Old March 11th, 2012 (05:04 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by Aruaruu.

Here is how to replace the misplaced Rainbow Ticket for Eon Ticket.

You need Advanced Map and some kind of script editor (I use XSE)
(Not sure if it will work on other script editors)

1. Open Advanced Map
2. Open your pokemon ROM
3. Double click "from head" on the left
4. Scroll to 26. Double click that.
5. Go to the first "BATTLE FRONTIER (26.4)" Double click it.
6. Now you should see one half of battle frontier.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the map.
8. Now click the "Events" tab.
9. You should either see some sprites appear or some boxes with letters in them.
10. Click the pokeball (item) closest to the bottom.
11. On the right pane click "Open script"
12. You should see this appear
giveitem 0x170 0x1 0x1
13. Change the "170" to "113" DONT ADD/DELETE ANY SPACES
14. Click "Compile Icon" (looks like two gears next to each other.)
15. Close the compiler and the script editor. Click don't save.
16. (in advanced map) Click file and click "save"

Now Rainbow pass should be swapped for Eon Ticket.
Old March 11th, 2012 (11:35 PM).

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

What seems to be the problem, am I looking at the correct image here?
Yeah, sorry I didn't explain it very well. I went into all three of those rooms beneath my character and in all three of them a wild Pokémon (in this case it was a question mark inside a circle with no name) appeared. I didn't save after seeing them, but I don't know if this is happening to anyone else? There are some items and trainers in there (I think) but whenever I go in the wild question mark thing appears.
Old March 11th, 2012 (11:55 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by MattyG2010:
I have a question, so I did the whole thing where you add 1386 to the given 32-bit hex code and then go to that code, but when I did that, it resulted in an offset that did not even exist, my result was 2026DCE, and as i said, It does not even exist, any idea on what I should do?
I suggest doing it again... there must be some kind of mistake in your case.

As for the DNS... I wouldn't implement it.
Do we still want Emerald or completely new hack? I think the good part about this hack was that we could actually play it as Emerald only with minor changes

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 12th, 2012 (08:57 AM).

Quote originally posted by 0shawott:
Yeah, sorry I didn't explain it very well. I went into all three of those rooms beneath my character and in all three of them a wild Pokémon (in this case it was a question mark inside a circle with no name) appeared. I didn't save after seeing them, but I don't know if this is happening to anyone else? There are some items and trainers in there (I think) but whenever I go in the wild question mark thing appears.
I went in again so I could get a screenshot: d.pr/zwbr (once again, just put http before it)
Old March 12th, 2012 (12:36 PM).

Route 106 appears to be bugged, no Pokémon show up either through surfing or fishing.

Also, since I've had no luck in finding any, where can I find Unown and Lapras?
Old March 12th, 2012 (01:11 PM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by Blue.
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Wulfang:
Route 106 appears to be bugged, no Pokémon show up either through surfing or fishing.

Also, since I've had no luck in finding any, where can I find Unown and Lapras?
Lapras ~ Shoal Cave (Entrance Room, Rare)
Unown ~ Sky Pillar (Peak) - Next Update

I've just checked the data on Route 106 and some how the wild Pokémon Data has been deleted, I'll fix it in the next update, Unown will be in Sky Pillar once I've updated, Thanks for telling me.

Re-uploaded Beta 7.5 and fixed the Route 106 error, also edited Seakings stats up by a few.
Old March 12th, 2012 (04:18 PM).

Hey Suicune, I've enjoyed this hack quite a lot since I'm the type of person that likes a challenge.

But, the one major gripe I have about Expert Emerald is that every gym battle (after Wattson) and the E4 are ALL double battles. I don't know if it's the same for the gym rematches since I haven't gotten that far, so I'm only basing this on what I see in the documentation.

I can understand that you wanted to present a different and more difficult challenge with the double battles, but personally, they just became unnecessarily annoying after a certain point.

I think I would've loved it if there were a few double battles sprinkled in with single battles, though, rather than just double battle after double battle.
Old March 12th, 2012 (05:34 PM).

Quote originally posted by The Grubby Pup:
LOL I remember posting something here...it's when you first put this up...I think 2nd page. I was da one who asked about Taillow and why it evolves so late.

...But funny thing, I just end up training a Doduo...Since they're obtainable, before Taillow. LOL

Keep it up...
NO WAI I HAS DODUO TOO!?
Current Team:
Lvl 19 Umadkipz/Marshtomp
Lvl 16 Slowpoke(Man this thing was hard to train, but when I managed to taught it Water Gun, It's easier to train now.) Will turn into a Slowking.
Lvl 15 Meowth(this one caught up with my team really fast.)
Lvl 16 Doduo
E: 0/8
D/P: 0/8
B: 0/8
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Excadrill: 0/8( still confirming.)
Dragonite; LG>LC>E>PT>BB/VW(still confirming)
Random Solo Challenge Platinum 0/8:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 12th, 2012 (08:54 PM).
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Quote originally posted by zantetsu122:
NO WAI I HAS DODUO TOO!?
Current Team:
Lvl 19 Umadkipz/Marshtomp
Lvl 16 Slowpoke(Man this thing was hard to train, but when I managed to taught it Water Gun, It's easier to train now.) Will turn into a Slowking.
Lvl 15 Meowth(this one caught up with my team really fast.)
Lvl 16 Doduo
Yep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I like said before, I started another file...But haven't made that much progress, as I'm still working on my hack, as well. So it might move along slowly...But I'm still playing this.

This is my team thus far, tho...
Lv 12 Mudkip (Starters always stays one step ahead)
Lv 11 Mareep
Lv 11 Doduo
Lv 5 Ledyba (I just caught it inside Petalburg Wood, not gonna keep it...It's just in my party right now)

I saw a Pineco, but it fainted to one Pursuit from Dodou; crit...I was trying to catch it. :\

Oh, by the way...Did you add extra rival battles with...Well, I'm gonna say Brendon in this case since I chose to be May (Aka Rinny LOL) in this game...or is the last battle still in Lilycove?
Old March 12th, 2012 (11:16 PM).

Nature: Brave
I wonder when you finally edit all the problems in your hack so that I could finally play this awesome hack with ease... As i already deleted my previous game after seeing so many updates..
Old March 13th, 2012 (03:40 AM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by Blue.
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Pvvned:
Hey Suicune, I've enjoyed this hack quite a lot since I'm the type of person that likes a challenge.

But, the one major gripe I have about Expert Emerald is that every gym battle (after Wattson) and the E4 are ALL double battles. I don't know if it's the same for the gym rematches since I haven't gotten that far, so I'm only basing this on what I see in the documentation.

I can understand that you wanted to present a different and more difficult challenge with the double battles, but personally, they just became unnecessarily annoying after a certain point.

I think I would've loved it if there were a few double battles sprinkled in with single battles, though, rather than just double battle after double battle.
I've been waiting for someone to say this, I understand what you mean because when I was playing through myself I also thought that I've done an over abundance of double battles and was considering making a few singles, I originally had Wattson as a double but changed it to single later on. I'm going to change all the Elite Four to Single battles considering for me it just suits them much better and I can make two or three of the gym leaders singles because I agree with you really.

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
I wonder when you finally edit all the problems in your hack so that I could finally play this awesome hack with ease... As i already deleted my previous game after seeing so many updates..
I'm sure it wont be long now, I've done enough possible updates to the game to make it as good as it can be and I don't really plan on adding anything else from here on out apart from editing a few battles here and there. I've got the rematches, events, scripts, legendaries, starters, documents, 386 Pokémon, items, features all implemented now and I think this project is about 98% complete, assuming nothing else comes up.

Infact, I think I'll make the next release the final, I've been editing all the fishing and water Routes because many of them were not edited and I'm going to get a couple more rival & Wally battles implemented then I will release 7.6 which will hopefully be the final.

Edit: I've decided not to implement any more Wally/rival battles purely because last time it corrupted scripts throughout the whole game and I wouldn't want to jeopardise that after coming so far with this one, atleast not until I have perfected it and besides the rematches for Wally go up to Level 100.
So that means the hopefully final release will be out shortly, I'm just editing all the fishing routes now to make all water Pokémon available by Rod too.
Old March 13th, 2012 (11:41 AM).
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
WELL I saw this project being born and are glad it's almost complete
Suicune immediately starts another project ..
who knows maybe on ruby xD
Old March 13th, 2012 (11:51 AM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by Blue.
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Beta 7.6
_________

I think this will be the final release excluding minor bug fixes, there is nothing else to add if anything else it would start to become an actual hack which is not what I intended to do with this game so I would like to leave it as it is for the time being, so for those of you who wished to play it once completed, now is your chance, enjoy!

Beta 7.6:
Changes ~ All water Pokémon available via Fishing Rod
Changed Flannery, Juan, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia & Drake to single battles.
Some document tweaks.

Quote originally posted by Hacker Bisharp:
WELL I saw this project being born and are glad it's almost complete
Suicune immediately starts another project ..
who knows maybe on ruby xD
Thanks! Well I was planning on doing a similar project but with Platinum, hopefully if I get time too.
Old March 13th, 2012 (02:36 PM).

Y'know, Slowpoke should learn some good moves early on, like Water Pulse and Psybeam. Also Persian, it should have Thunderbolt,Thunder,and Return as Level-Up moves. I like it if Meowth learns Return then evolves to Persian. I don't know if Persian has buffed stats, but I like it too if Persian's stats are buffed. Especially Atk and Sp.Atk.
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 13th, 2012 (02:39 PM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by Blue.
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Y'know, Slowpoke should learn some good moves early on, like Water Pulse and Psybeam. Also Persian, it should have Thunderbolt,Thunder,and Return as Level-Up moves. I like it if Meowth learns Return then evolves to Persian. I don't know if Persian has buffed stats, but I like it too if Persian's stats are buffed. Especially Atk and Sp.Atk. :)
Yeah, Persian & Delcatty both have stats around 500 now, I figured they're involved with the rivals so it's reasonable to increase them, I suppose I could edit their movesets but I won't be taking any more suggestions after that, not for now anyway ^^

Y'know, Slowpoke should learn some good moves early on, like Water Pulse and Psybeam. Also Persian, it should have Thunderbolt,Thunder,and Return as Level-Up moves. I like it if Meowth learns Return then evolves to Persian. I don't know if Persian has buffed stats, but I like it too if Persian's stats are buffed. Especially Atk and Sp.Atk. :)
Just realised, turns out that Persian & Delcatty both have Thunderbolt (Persian) and Ice Beam (Delcatty) in their level up moves (Level 44) and Persian can learn Thunder via TM, Delcatty Blizzard via TM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Okayy so considering they were reasonable suggestions I've re uploaded Beta 7.6 and made the following move-set changes:

Slowpoke learns Confusion at Level 15, Disable at Level 26, Psybeam at Level 29 & Water Pulse at Level 31
Slowbro learns Ice Beam at Level 45
Slowking learns Ice Beam at Level 45
Meowth learns Return at Level 8
Skitty learns Return at Level 8

I won't be taking any more suggestions for the time being, although you're welcome to PM me them for a later date when I decide to edit them in if required.
Old March 13th, 2012 (03:06 PM). Edited March 13th, 2012 by Wulfang.

While fighting Glacia in that house in the Battle Frontier, upon winning my screen turns purple and the game freezes. Anything you could do about that?

EDIT: After many tries, managed to complete the battle without it freezing, but now a similar thing is happening with Drake. Instead of the screen turning purple, he blabs out an enormous string of seemingly neverending text and the fight doesn't end.
Old March 13th, 2012 (03:22 PM).

Thanks for changing Slowpoke's Move Set. Now DL'ing.
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 13th, 2012 (04:30 PM).
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

I was the one that originally requested the gym leaders (minus T&L) to become single battles, remember?

Also, still stuck on Roxanne with my Chansey/Blissey Solo. GAAAH.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old March 13th, 2012 (05:18 PM).

ok. THIS IS WEIRD. I entered the Winstrate house, then suddenly, I saw a Brendan Clone , and my character's hair turned blue. It doesn't mess up my game, it's just annoying...
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 14th, 2012 (10:30 PM).

Nature: Brave
Hey PPL please stop complaining about minor things and let Suicune rest now as he has done an immense job and now needs a rest please because as I have decided to play this Final 7.6 beta, Ill die if another one comes out again after few days...
Old March 15th, 2012 (07:31 AM).
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Suicune sure that there will be more beta?
Old March 15th, 2012 (12:14 PM). Edited March 15th, 2012 by Blue.
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by bwburke94:
I was the one that originally requested the gym leaders (minus T&L) to become single battles, remember?

Also, still stuck on Roxanne with my Chansey/Blissey Solo. GAAAH.
Yeah, I remember it's been said previously ^^

ok. THIS IS WEIRD. I entered the Winstrate house, then suddenly, I saw a Brendan Clone , and my character's hair turned blue. It doesn't mess up my game, it's just annoying...
As long as it doesn't effect the game I'll leave it for now but thanks for letting me know.

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Hey PPL please stop complaining about minor things and let Suicune rest now as he has done an immense job and now needs a rest please because as I have decided to play this Final 7.6 beta, Ill die if another one comes out again after few days...
Thanks! No need to worry, there will be no more releases for atleast a few weeks, no major updates anyway the only case I'd have to re-release if there was a huge game corrupting bug which luckily there isn't so you can play if you wish!

Quote originally posted by Hacker Bisharp:
Suicune sure that there will be more beta?
There will be no more releases for some time.

Just wanna thank PEDRO12 for creating this awesome logo!

Sponsored Links