The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 578 69.72%
★★★★ 173 20.87%
★★★ 41 4.95%
★★ 8 0.97%
29 3.50%
Voters: 829. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 29th, 2012, 01:08 PM
YouListeningROMs
Beginning Trainer

Sounds great. I love a good challenge. Normally, I stuck to Nuzlocking through games like Platinum that had higher lv trainers, but this seems like it'll be good for a look-see.
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:00 AM
VernonN
Beginning Trainer

My Treecko learned Aerial Ace at level 8.
Is this normal?
Old April 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
amnher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow97 View Post
Does torchic have speed boost ability in this game
It is random just like nature. I can get speed boost, but if I reset again I get blaze. its really different everytime. By the way guys what ability do you suggest for torchic? speed boost is good?
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
GOMES
Beginning Trainer

How can you go to the islands where you can catch Deoxys, Ho-oh, Latios, etc.?
The port in Lilycove won't accept my tickets...
Old April 3rd, 2012, 01:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMES View Post
How can you go to the islands where you can catch Deoxys, Ho-oh, Latios, etc.?
The port in Lilycove won't accept my tickets...
Have you actually even tried to look at previous posts?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:42 AM
Teomat
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher View Post
It is random just like nature. I can get speed boost, but if I reset again I get blaze. its really different everytime. By the way guys what ability do you suggest for torchic? speed boost is good?
Speed boost is waaay too good. In BW blaziken with speed boost from Dream World was ban to ubers as way too powerful pokemon. With speed boost this pokemon become hilariosly fast and if he was able to bo sward dance... well, you will be almost unstoppable)
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:31 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teomat View Post
Speed boost is waaay too good. In BW blaziken with speed boost from Dream World was ban to ubers as way too powerful pokemon. With speed boost this pokemon become hilariosly fast and if he was able to bo sward dance... well, you will be almost unstoppable)
Not if you are put to sleep with a good special attacker against it as blaziken has low defense and special defense
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Teomat
Beginning Trainer

THis attacker first of all should switch in and then outspeed speed boost blaziken before fire chicken will KO him... I think it's sort of impossible)
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
GOMES
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Have you actually even tried to look at previous posts?
I can't understand the part in the movie where you raised FF with 8...
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teomat View Post
THis attacker first of all should switch in and then outspeed speed boost blaziken before fire chicken will KO him... I think it's sort of impossible)
You are forgetting that Blaziken speed boost activates after 1 move so its likely to get hitted first with pokes like gengar, Alakazam or Gardevoir.
Old April 7th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
I can't understand the part in the movie where you raised FF with 8...
Because I did not...
I've already done that part before so by doing it again, I would have messed it up.

Old April 7th, 2012, 08:32 AM
GOMES
Beginning Trainer

Ok, but what do I've got to do then? Mine already says that it's FF, so what do you get when you raise FF with 8? The calculator says 107, but you can't fill that in...
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ok, but what do I've got to do then? Mine already says that it's FF, so what do you get when you raise FF with 8? The calculator says 107, but you can't fill that in...
That's weird... it shouldn't be FF in the first place...
Could you try it again?

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:27 AM
HackHackHack
Alias RayFlame

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to HackHackHack
Awesome enhancement! I'm halfway through the storyline and lovin' the changes you've made...although there seems to be a glitch in Fallarbor's Pokemon Mart where after you get the Thunderstone, an infinite supply seems to appear after you walk away and come back...
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Southueki
Writer

THIS LOOKS SO GREAT!!

I am gonna start playing it right noooooooow!

I actually have a kind of a stubborn request tho, can anyone provide me the ability changes in the latest beta? It'd be great so I can start thinking on my team and which abilities to choose
Old April 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Forbidden1
Combat Arms

don't know if this was said or not. if you lose the 2v2 with steven against maxie, you cant go back up the stairs in the space station because theres a grunt blocking the way.
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:08 AM
alienhunterx

Hey Suicune Congrats on finishing this hack..Just wanted to ask you that are you planning something else now that you finished your work..
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey Suicune Congrats on finishing this hack..Just wanted to ask you that are you planning something else now that you finished your work..
Thank you! I will probably find another game to hack, there is a limited choice but I'm choosing carefully. I'm thinking of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum considering there are very few of them around and I've never hacked those games before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden1 View Post
don't know if this was said or not. if you lose the 2v2 with steven against maxie, you cant go back up the stairs in the space station because theres a grunt blocking the way.
Never realised that, actually I've heard a few people lost because of the disadvantage with Steven and they were able to re-battle with no trouble, are you using a Mac or anything different?

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69

Last edited by Hoenn; April 10th, 2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Thank you! I will probably find another game to hack, there is a limited choice but I'm choosing carefully. I'm thinking of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum considering there are very few of them around and I've never hacked those games before.

Never realised that, actually I've heard a few people lost because of the disadvantage with Steven and they were able to re-battle with no trouble, are you using a Mac or anything different?
Suicune, could you provide us a list with all the ability changes in the current beta? I saw your older posts which contain changes but I saw some people complained so you changed some of them.. So an updated list would be great

You should also add it to the main post :D
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:09 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:

Are you meaning of these G4 games in Generation 3??If yes than this is so awesome...!!! I really dream to play these G4 games in gba format...
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:41 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Excellent! Harder Emerald! Pumped as hell :3
I'm confused to why Meganium learns Sludge Bomb though....

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:15 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeLordAndrew View Post
Excellent! Harder Emerald! Pumped as hell :3
I'm confused to why Meganium learns Sludge Bomb though....
Thats because you don't know what SUICUNE has done with this game to make it like 7 star
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:04 AM
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.

Nature: Relaxed
Congratulations on completing the game! Gee... I haven't played such a challenging and fun hack for a long time. This got me back into the Emerald version.
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Forbidden1
Combat Arms

Quote:

no, just win7.
steven was so worthless :L
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:57 AM
illuyankas
Unhatched Egg

Great hack, always loved Hoenn.
One thing I'd love to see though is Pichu learning surf.

Other moves that are usually obtained through events or other games like XD: Gale of Darkness would be prety cool, as well. Though I guess a lot of them are pretty useless or more only useful for competitive play.

Suggestions

XD Moves:
Heal Bell -Lapras, Articuno, Dragonite, Mareep, Poochyena, Altaria
Sing - Snorunt
Baton Pass - Natu, Lunatone, Solrock, Beedrill, Hypno, Dodrio, Farfetch'd, Rapidash, Swellow, Zapdos
Helping Hand - Togepi, Duskull, Sableye, Banette, Pinsir, Lickitung
Tri Attack - Togepi
Follow Me - Magmar, Electabuzz
Lugia - Featherdance, Psycho Boost
Articuno - Heal Bell, Extrasensory, Haze
Zapdos - Extrasensory, Metal Sound, Baton Pass

Make all TMs reobtainable in some way, for example for very high prices, coins or frontier points. This will allow people to build competitive Battle Frontier teams without having to constantly restart new games if they wish to reuse rarer TMs on another Pokémon.

Some Bugs/Issues
It should probably be added to the documentation that wild Pikachu is only available in the entrance area of new Mauville (the doc simply says New Mauville). I acutally kept looking for Pikachu in the lower level for quite a while trying to get the Light Ball held by them.

Also there seems to be a bug in the Fallabor Town Mart which contains Pokéballs a Fire, Water and Thunderstone (strangely no Leaf Stone though), but the Thunderstone seems to keep respawning instantly allowing the player to get an infinite amount of them and either use/sell them.

Evee, Charmander and perhaps some others I don't recall, appear as Pokéballs/Items rather than their actual sprites in the overworld. I am not sure if this is intended or not.

Last edited by illuyankas; April 14th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links