The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 535 69.03%
★★★★ 168 21.68%
★★★ 38 4.90%
★★ 7 0.90%
27 3.48%
Voters: 775. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 17th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Gold011

Advertise here
hey suicune, i've been playing this hack, and it's pretty challenging, so i'm going to give a shot for the new release, but now i rembembered something, which comes to a suggestion, if you're interested, i suggest you to change charizard type from fire/flying into fire/dragon and give him levitate as it's ability, since he only gets blaze in gen 3, and with that we can get some good moves for charizard, as well as stat boost for beign dragon type too, making him a worth choice, anyways, do you recomend me to start over or keep with my beta 7.6 save data?
EDIT: by any chance can you add a sun stone a little bit early like a moon stone near route 113 (i think), this time i want to tryout espeon, but it's kind of hard since to get one is like reaching the 4th gym, while for umbreon it was after beating wattson...
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Update 8.1

Changed/Added some Abilities (Can be found in General Changes Document)
Edited a couple of evolutions i.e Feebas evolves into Milotic using a Water Stone
Edited some Attacks by Power/PP/Accuracy i.e Faint Attack now has a Power of 70 (Updated list can be found in General Changes Document)
Edited a few Wild Pokemon Locations i.e Feebas & Barboach can now be caught at Route 117 using an Old Rod
Edited more movepools i.e Feebas now learns Tackle at Level 1, Water Gun at Level 15 & Icy Wind at Level 25.

Old December 17th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Supablazed
Unhatched Egg

Wow, thanks again for another update Suicune!

I have a noob question, when it says a pokemon has a second ability(ex. "Kangaskhan now has the second ability Own Tempo") does it mean it has it's normal ability AND Own Tempo, or does it mean that it's just another ability it has a chance to spawn with?

I noticed in v8.0 that Blaziken could still spawn with "Speed Boost" ability, and it wasn't noted in the changes. Just in case it wasn't intended. I also think Treecko could spawn with synthesize, although that was in a previous v7.x version.

I noticed the Ele-stones in Lavaridge would respawn, however it seemed to respawn more on a time scale instead of respawning on changing zones(I tried to get them to respawn a second time by changing multiple zones and going back, but they never respawned.) However, the time they did respawn I had grabbed all 4 stones, then killed flannery and then norman, and when I went back to lava ridge all of the stones had re-appeared. It should be noted I'm not complaining, but just bringing it to your attention!

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Last edited by Supablazed; December 17th, 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling & grammar
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supablazed View Post
Wow, thanks again for another update Suicune!

I have a noob question, when it says a pokemon has a second ability(ex. "Kangaskhan now has the second ability Own Tempo") does it mean it has it's normal ability AND Own Tempo, or does it mean that it's just another ability it has a chance to spawn with?
Second answer. Pokemon either have one or the other.
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Yeah it's a 50/50 chance, it will either have it's primary/original ability or the secondary/added ability.

Old December 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
A suggestion from me too. Can you make Eevee appear early in the game as well as the ele-stones. i always wish for a complete Eevee evo- team only but sadly never found a hack featuring it .
Old December 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
A suggestion from me too. Can you make Eevee appear early in the game as well as the ele-stones. i always wish for a complete Eevee evo- team only but sadly never found a hack featuring it . :disappoin
You can get Eevee at Slatepory City as an event and you get the Elemental Stones at Lavaridge Town at the earliest. The only reason why I didn't put the stones near the beginning is because it would give people the opportunity to have a Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon after the first Gym.

Updated the OP with a nicer appearance with CSS.

Last edited by Hoenn; December 18th, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 18th, 2012, 11:12 PM
alienhunterx

Yeah thanks for nothing because I really want them as early as possible but probably on another hack in the future
Old December 19th, 2012, 07:52 AM
SpardaDmC
Unhatched Egg

Could you guys help me out abit. I cant find charmander aand sudowodo anywhere. Some kind of bug? Or i have to do some other things for them to appear???

Last edited by SpardaDmC; December 19th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:10 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
How did you make the wild Pokémon battle scripts?

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Tryploshion
I become a Pokemon Master!

Quote:
Yeah thanks for nothing because I really want them as early as possible but probably on another hack in the future
Get an Eevee and get a Ditto put they in a day care and ta-da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:08 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpardaDmC View Post
Could you guys help me out abit. I cant find charmander aand sudowodo anywhere. Some kind of bug? Or i have to do some other things for them to appear???
Charmander is inside the Pokeball on route 120 and Sudowoodo is on Battle Frontier as a unique gift poke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
Get an Eevee and get a Ditto put they in a day care and ta-da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for nothing bro but I already know that. You also knoe the first Eevee appears after a long time (After I get Surf)

Last edited by alienhunterx; December 19th, 2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:01 AM
yiheng
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Thanks for nothing bro but I already know that. You also knoe the first Eevee appears after a long time (After I get Surf)
You know that you can obtain an Eevee as soon as Mr. Briney lets you on his ship right?
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:45 AM
SpardaDmC
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Charmander is inside the Pokeball on route 120 and Sudowoodo is on Battle Frontier as a unique gift poke.

I know that. But there is absolutely nothing at the place charmander should be.
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Tryploshion

Quote:

Wrong, it appear when u arrive to Slateport at the first time.
Old December 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM
pokedude36
Unhatched Egg

I have a quick question. Where do you find Togepi?
Old December 20th, 2012, 09:13 PM
nineteenct

When you download the rar file there's a document that tells you where all the pokemon are. Togepi's are found at Route 113, right before Fallarbor Town.

I've been playing the new release, and just beat Archie. Man was that hard! As a whole the new release is a step up in difficult from the last one I played, really fun haha
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:17 PM
alienhunterx

No way !!! that early... This is good but the problem still remains of stones which are at Fallarbor. I thought Eevee appears on route 118. So now it appears on route 2 right?
Old December 21st, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
No way !!! that early... This is good but the problem still remains of stones which are at Fallarbor. I thought Eevee appears on route 118. So now it appears on route 2 right?
The thing is, the earliest you can get Eevee is once you've got your first badge.. I think that's a reasonable time to get one really. With the Elemental Stones, it's once you have 3 badges and then again when you have 5 so that means you could have a Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon by the time Eevee is level 35-40.

Old December 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM
redxblood
Unhatched Egg

All pokemon as in the 649 patch?
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Tryploshion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxblood View Post
All pokemon as in the 649 patch?
PLS read, all pokemons in the 1,2 and 3rd generation.
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:03 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The thing is, the earliest you can get Eevee is once you've got your first badge.. I think that's a reasonable time to get one really. With the Elemental Stones, it's once you have 3 badges and then again when you have 5 so that means you could have a Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon by the time Eevee is level 35-40.
So you changed its location. But the problem is as Eevee cannot learn decent moves being the latter a Normal type I cannot risk it. Also because the game conditions are extra hard.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
So you changed its location. But the problem is as Eevee cannot learn decent moves being the latter a Normal type I cannot risk it. Also because the game conditions are extra hard.
I've added moves to Eevee's Moveset such as Return at Level 9 & Headbutt at Level 16, I didn't want to make it too easy since this hack is supposed to be difficult.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
SuperStinNasty
Unhatched Egg

I beat the elite four, and I found a fe issues with catching all the pokemon
-Charmander isn't on route wherever it says it is(i think someone above had this problem)
-Eevee isn't at slateport (but you can still trade for one @ rustborro and I think there is some in the wild)
-sudowoodo isn't at forrtree (but there is one at the battle frontier)
-the stones are not laid out nicely at lavardige (but you can get 3 at a mart and leaf from some dude by mossdeep)
-The dude who does all the fossils isn't taking any of mine (helix dome and amber)
-(sidenote: the fossils keep reappearing at the moss deep location so idk if that helps you)
-Also the guy at slate port ship place won't take my tickets I got at the frontier
-(sidenote: the tickets don't reappear like the fossils at mossdeep)

I do have a Macbook which is what I believe to be the problem, but I hope not. My friend has expert emerald for the PC and I think he doesn't have these bugs that I do.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:10 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStinNasty View Post
I beat the elite four, and I found a fe issues with catching all the pokemon
-Charmander isn't on route wherever it says it is(i think someone above had this problem)
-Eevee isn't at slateport (but you can still trade for one @ rustborro and I think there is some in the wild)
-sudowoodo isn't at forrtree (but there is one at the battle frontier)
-the stones are not laid out nicely at lavardige (but you can get 3 at a mart and leaf from some dude by mossdeep)
-The dude who does all the fossils isn't taking any of mine (helix dome and amber)
-(sidenote: the fossils keep reappearing at the moss deep location so idk if that helps you)
-Also the guy at slate port ship place won't take my tickets I got at the frontier
-(sidenote: the tickets don't reappear like the fossils at mossdeep)

I do have a Macbook which is what I believe to be the problem, but I hope not. My friend has expert emerald for the PC and I think he doesn't have these bugs that I do.
I've checked over a majority of these and they worked fine for me on the latest release; The only fossils in-game are the Root & Claw which work fine when you take them to the Fossil reviver, the others are wild Pokemon battle scripts so Aerodactyl, Omanyte & Kabuto. Eevee was in Slateport when I went and I was able to capture it, the stones are all in Lavaridge and don't respawn, Sudowoodo is no longer in Fortree City but still in the Battle Frontier and Charmander is still on Route 120 as always. It must be an issue with Mac's because this is only the second time this has happened before.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here