Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 551 69.22%
★★★★ 170 21.36%
★★★ 40 5.03%
★★ 8 1.01%
27 3.39%
Voters: 796. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 7th, 2013, 12:11 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
That is why I kept thinking where had she gone?
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:16 AM
jlegolas
Unhatched Egg

Really nice hack!
I got already 7 gym badges but i cant find snorlax , pokedex says it's location is unknown...
If anyone could help

Okay i got it, found Snorlax in rayquaza tower .

Last edited by jlegolas; January 10th, 2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Found the answer...
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Thanks to Aruaruu I now have the scripting codes to fix the Event Island item errors, enabling you to activate the events without any problems. I'll try get these sorted and re-uploaded by this weekend.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
gaminggarchomp
YouTube LPer

Send a message via Skype™ to gaminggarchomp
This hack is really awesome! Although one thing that I'd have to say is some improved documentations. To make the documentations better, you could try to do this:
>Have another documentation that has areas in order that you can reach them, and with the area you can find percentages of the Pokemon and their encounter rate.
>Data on May

Really great job BTW! :D

Hmm, ^ I tried to get Garchomp, but I don't think it's there.
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminggarchomp View Post
This hack is really awesome! Although one thing that I'd have to say is some improved documentations. To make the documentations better, you could try to do this:
>Have another documentation that has areas in order that you can reach them, and with the area you can find percentages of the Pokemon and their encounter rate.
>Data on May

Really great job BTW! :D
Thanks!

The Documents are kinda outdated and that's one of the things I'd like to update, if I get the time I'll probably end up giving all of the documents a few tweaks.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Aruaruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Thanks to Aruaruu I now have the scripting codes to fix the Event Island item errors, enabling you to activate the events without any problems. I'll try get these sorted and re-uploaded by this weekend.
Ah! So you have gone through and tested it?
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
So they can be done throughout scripting... I presume by writebytetooffset?

(By the way your signature says Pokemon X to no Pokemon, no isn't supposed to be there as you probably wants to say Pokemon X & Pokemon Y :D)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:59 AM
UnlethalMango
[Insert Witty Title Here]

Nature: Lax
Really nice job Suicune! Just need to patch some things up with the documentation, but other then that it's a perfect revamped emerald!
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Thanks!

The Documents are kinda outdated and that's one of the things I'd like to update, if I get the time I'll probably end up giving all of the documents a few tweaks.
could you send me a link of the latest beta version expert emerald? and if it isn't a problem, can it be a zip file please?
Check out my blog; pokeswamp.wordpress.com
This blog posts speculations and theories about Pokémon games.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
could you send me a link of the latest beta version expert emerald? and if it isn't a problem, can it be a zip file please?
The front page will always have the most up to date one.
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Ive been editing the current Beta and so far Ive Gave all the documents a big design overhaul, edited a few leaders and other important battles and the Event tickets now work and activate without any problems. There are still a couple of tweaks that need to me added but it should be released within the week.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Awesome-0_4000

The Match Call feature of my PokeNav isn't working. Is there a way to fix this?
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:14 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome-0_4000 View Post
The Match Call feature of my PokeNav isn't working. Is there a way to fix this?
The match call system is purely Random. You can re battle the trainers normally close to the league and after the Elites in general
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Awesome-0_4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
The match call system is purely Random. You can re battle the trainers normally close to the league and after the Elites in general
I have defeated four gyms and am grinding to face Norman. Unfortunately the highest level Pokemon I can battle are on Jagged Pass, but the EXP yield is much better in Meteor Falls. This still makes for extremely slow leveling up (currently trying to move team from 42 to 50 for Norman). I assumed that rematching trainers would give better EXP, however none of the trainers in Match Call are ready to battle, nor have any been through the entire playthrough. I am wondering if this is a bug or what?

EDIT: Never mind, checked Bulbapedia, Trainer's Eyes and PokeNav only work after defeating Norman.

Last edited by Awesome-0_4000; January 15th, 2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Right, I've been working hard on this latest release, I will list below the changes that have been made.

First and foremost the Event Island Tickets (Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket etc) that were previously inaccessible have now been flagged and work accordingly, this means you can collect the item from the Battle Frontier and access the Islands without any problems.

Next, I've given the Documents a complete overhaul (more so the Important Trainers Document) which you will notice once you see them. I have also collaborated an In-Game Event Document highlighting the events that occur in game i.e Legendaries, Starters etc.

Some of the Gym Leader have been slightly altered in terms of teams, some have different Pokemon to the previous release and the same goes for the Elite Four Members. These changes have been added to the updated Documents.

Finally a couple of smaller notes that should be taken into account, TM15 Hyper Beam can now be purchased at Ever Grande City and there is a trainer on Route 117 (Triathlete Maria) who when you rematch will have a Chansey and eventually a Blissey, the reason why I am highlighting this is for training purposes.

This release should pretty much cover everything that previously needed to be edited, albeit there may be a couple more errors which could or may not need sorting depending on the severity, enjoy!
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:14 PM
alienhunterx

Thanks again for the update but please can you add a VS Seeker because that Girl trainer would be battled only one time as on Match Call system.
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Aruaruu

Did you put the Eon ticket at Battle Frontier? I looked through the Ingame events doc and the Southern Island (to get the other lati) wasn't there.

on another note, I wonder what causes cry corruption :\
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
Did you put the Eon ticket at Battle Frontier? I looked through the Ingame events doc and the Southern Island (to get the other lati) wasn't there.

on another note, I wonder what causes cry corruption :\
Yeah, I've tested the items individually and they can all be used. I've also added images of the Event's being activated to the Media section.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Aruaruu

Quote:
Yeah, I've tested the items individually and they can all be used. I've also added images of the Event's being activated to the Media section.
Great :D

Got any ideas in what to do now other than bug fix?
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
Great :D

Got any ideas in what to do now other than bug fix?
Well i've already covered Emerald, Fire Red, Crystal, Red and Platinum so I might move onto a Generation V game or work on an earlier Gen game but something different. Either way I think I'm going to have to collaborate some sort of small team, since wroking solo on Expert Emerald it can become kinda strenuious with so much to deal with.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM
alienhunterx

What about my suggestion I gave to you earlier Suicune?
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:25 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
when i first played this May's Skitty took me by MAJOR surprise. then i was steaming mad 'cause of that darn thing's Attract and Cute Charm. my solution?: level up 'till my starter know a distance offensive move like Water Gun or Ember (i pick Torchic or Mudkip). when i did that, Skitty was toast.
95% of all Pokémon hacks are of the 3rd Generation, majority of them being FireRed.
If you believe that the 2nd generation should be hacked more often,
copy and paste this into your signature

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimonqueen View Post
when i first played this May's Skitty took me by MAJOR surprise. then i was steaming mad 'cause of that darn thing's Attract and Cute Charm. my solution?: level up 'till my starter know a distance offensive move like Water Gun or Ember (i pick Torchic or Mudkip). when i did that, Skitty was toast.
That's the best way to do it, I didn't intentionally try to make this battle a struggle but it seems that it's turned out rather difficult which is good ^^
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
What about my suggestion I gave to you earlier Suicune? :nervous:
Which suggestion was that? I must have missed it.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:32 PM
alienhunterx

About that VS Seeker sort of thing because as you know yourself that the match call system does not allows battles very quickly and it takes time.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links