Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 549 69.14%
★★★★ 170 21.41%
★★★ 40 5.04%
★★ 8 1.01%
27 3.40%
Voters: 794. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 8th, 2013, 11:45 PM
DothThouEvenHoist?

Advertise here
Oh man, this looks awesome!
I can't wait to play! Well, I would play it, but my R4's GBA Emulator doesn't support Emerald :o
Nice hack though!

Old July 9th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DothThouEvenHoist? View Post
I can't wait to play! Well, I would play it, but my R4's GBA Emulator doesn't support Emerald :o
Nice hack though!
Then you need to play on PC... not a bad alternative
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 10th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I have released the next Beta as the previous release had a few outdated errors that needed work on, this release doesn't just focus on fixing any existing bugs, I have also added a few new tidbits here and there. Some of these are minor changes such as type changes, attack changes etc and then some are more notable such as the replacement of the outdated RSE Sprites, Replacing Shuckle with Roserade and Inserting more OW sprites.

Beta 1.3 has been released which includes significant changes, all of which can be found below:

Changelog

- Individually inserted most of the Pokémon Black & White Sprites replacing the Pokémon Emerald Sprites, Pokemon look more fresh! (No Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon)

- Roserade has been inserted, she replaces Shuckle.

- Added Intro Text (At the beginning of the game to verify that the ROM has been patched)

- Updates/Changes to several boss teams including Gym Leaders, Rivals, E4 and Maxie & Archie giving a more
tactical approach to these battles

- Altered some movepools, i.e Chimechos now has eight additional moves

- Changed several abilities and types making things a little more even

- Edited a few Attacks regarding PP, Power and Accuracy. Example: Grasswhistle now has an Accuracy of 100

- Rebalaced the Base Stat Total distribution of Pokemon (Increased & Decreased) for more balance

- Updated Genders to suit respected Pokemon i.e Mr. Mime - Male, Luvdisc - Female

- Fixed some bugs including The Sky Pillar and Route 106 errors.

- Replaced some Ow's to match their species (Jirachi, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Charmander & Squirtle) - Thanks to Reverie_Aion for his Sprite Palletes
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
There is a little error near the prof.
Hacks I support:

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old July 10th, 2013, 10:25 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Still there is at least One 4th gen Poke finally... Man whats Up with this She Roserade ?
Old July 11th, 2013, 08:03 AM
haggys22

Hi, I just started playing this Pokemon hack and found a bug in Rustboro City: After entering the Pokecenter I was trapped in a 1x1 black room and couldn't leave any more.
Youtube video of the bug:

PS: Despite of that the hack seems to be pretty awesome
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggys22 View Post
Hi, I just started playing this Pokemon hack and found a bug in Rustboro City: After entering the Pokecenter I was trapped in a 1x1 black room and couldn't leave any more.
Youtube video of the bug:

PS: Despite of that the hack seems to be pretty awesome ;)
Thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed that error and I've re-uploaded the Beta. Strange for that to happen cause I tried it myself just now and the same thing happened, it was the Warp that had been moved onto a Black tile which I don't remember editing at any point.
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Dumpfacedrew

I successfully patched the file but when I extract the file to my android the game is the original emerald and not expert emerald.

What I am doing wrong the the game ends up not being expert emerald though I patched it.
Old July 11th, 2013, 03:17 PM
haggys22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed that error and I've re-uploaded the Beta. Strange for that to happen cause I tried it myself just now and the same thing happened, it was the Warp that had been moved onto a Black tile which I don't remember editing at any point.
Will I be able to continue my old savegame when updating to the patched version?
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Golden Snow™
Thats Cool.

In the 2nd Gym Battle, Heracross has a corrupted cry.
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpfacedrew View Post
I successfully patched the file but when I extract the file to my android the game is the original emerald and not expert emerald.

What I am doing wrong the the game ends up not being expert emerald though I patched it.
The title screen still says about original Emerald so don't worry. You can check whether you were successful by playing a bit and see the Poke encounters on Route 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggys22 View Post
Will I be able to continue my old savegame when updating to the patched version?
Yes you can still play with your old save but Suicune mentioned that it would be wise to start a fresh game.

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 11th, 2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Dumpfacedrew

I fixed the problem. I used the final version of the patch and it worked. I guess I was using the old one before and it didn't work.

So far I beat the first gym boss, so far it's clean no bugs/glitches.
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Golden Snow™
Thats Cool.

I've also noticed that nuzleaf also has a corrupted cry.

On route 108, on the abandoned ship in the cabin room were you can dive there's, well this when you try to leave the room.

Pokemon Emerald.png

Pokemon Emerald2.PNG

Last edited by DrFuji; July 12th, 2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old July 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM
haggys22

Now if I enter the Pokecenter I enter it on the left side of the door, not on the right as usual
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Snow™ View Post

On route 108, on the abandoned ship in the cabin room were you can dive there's, well this when you try to leave the room.

Attachment 68819

Attachment 68820
I thought these missingno's were fixed in the latest patch. Are you updated?
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:55 PM
NostalgiaFreak
That one Trainer

I'm curious, how much harder is this compared to the original? Is this even beatable without cheats and hacks?
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Golden Snow™
Thats Cool.

Yea go there yourself to check it out, if its not there then I know it me.
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
I'm curious, how much harder is this compared to the original? Is this even beatable without cheats and hacks?
Yes definitely this game is beatable. Just use a good team as well a strategy to beat the hack.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
Every game is beatable without cheats and hacks...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old July 16th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Hayabusa-Kun
Happy Go Lucky

Owh man i will surely play this game! For sure!!
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:50 PM
lit000

Sire, the new patch's great!
Even though the new sprites're not animated at all, at least I could have a fresher look than the last patch.

Ps would it be possible if gen5 moves were added?
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lit000 View Post
Ps would it be possible if gen5 moves were added?
It's Emerald... what would generation 5 moves be doing in Emerald ROM?

Old July 17th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Snow™ View Post

Attachment 68819

Attachment 68820
This glitch has always been there and as for the corrupted cries, they've also been an ongoing problem since I started the hack really and it's come to a point where it's beyond fixable unfortunately.
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:08 AM
xFNGoku

when can you rematch maria
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DothThouEvenHoist? View Post
Nice hack though!
Are you using a DSTWO? If so that's been doing that for years and years. If not I'm surprised you can even GBA. :U

Oh, and as for the seedot/nuzleaf, it's beyond fixing and has been since the hack was started. It's caused by Advance Map cutting into the wrong data, and the only way to fix it is to completely start the hack over from scratch. Otherwise it can only get worse (and yes, it has been and will be as long as work is being done). I doubt anyone would want to do that after all the time put into this hack, so I see no problem not fixing it in this particular case. >.<

Also this is a dumb request, but since you have rosa in why not Licklicky or Ambipom? They're both one of those that would be pretty much unphased by Gen III mechanics. It's probably not hard to find something not very used by players to replace or something for it.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; July 21st, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here