The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 578 69.72%
★★★★ 173 20.87%
★★★ 41 4.95%
★★ 8 0.97%
29 3.50%
Voters: 829. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Avizion

Nature: Jolly
Is there a physical-special move split in this rom or is for example dragon still a special type?
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Staraptor17

@Suicune: How did you edit the evolutions, because the only editor for this: Evolution Editor Pro doesn't work with Pokémon Emerald ??

PS. Sorry for my bad English.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staraptor17 View Post
@Suicune: How did you edit the evolutions, because the only editor for this: Evolution Editor Pro doesn't work with Pokémon Emerald ??

I used YAPE 0.9 (Yet Another Pokémon Editor) It allows you to edit stats, evolutions, attacks etc.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Staraptor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I used YAPE 0.9 (Yet Another Pokémon Editor) It allows you to edit stats, evolutions, attacks etc.
Thanks, because I want to make a Emerald hack too.

How did you the cry of Roserade ??

Last edited by Staraptor17; July 29th, 2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avizion View Post
Is there a physical-special move split in this rom or is for example dragon still a special type?
Nope, and I don't think Suicune is planning to split either. Don't really blame him either considering circumstances.

Take a look around google, a split version of Expert Emerald is more common than you'd think. Actually you can do it yourself because other than what people would think; it's actually a whole lot easier than it looks if you have Bulbapedia open while you're doing it. Also the split patch people are using recently gives sandstorm boosts (look up the one made by Doesn't) so the desert route is really fun. Keep in mind though: with every added content on this hack the sound gets worse because A-Map is still corrupting the sound data in Emerald instead of writing in free space, so be prepared for that after you patch.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; July 29th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old July 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Nope, and I don't think Suicune is planning to split either. Don't really blame him either considering circumstances.

Take a look around google, a split version of Expert Emerald is more common than you'd think. Actually you can do it yourself because other than what people would think; it's actually a whole lot easier than it looks if you have Bulbapedia open while you're doing it. Also the split patch people are using recently gives sandstorm boosts (look up the one made by Doesn't) so the desert route is really fun. Keep in mind though: with every added content on this hack the sound gets worse because A-Map is still corrupting the sound data in Emerald instead of writing in free space, so be prepared for that after you patch.
But he would first need Suicune's permission if he wishes to do it
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

I'm considering adding in the Cross-Generation evolutions introduced into Generation IV so that the weaker Pokemon such as Misdreavus, Murkrow, Gligar etc have much more potential. This would probably mean replacing several Pokémon with the likes of Glisgor, Probopass, Frosslass, Lickylicky etc. How would you guys feel about this?

Old July 30th, 2013, 12:24 PM
smoothybuns

When i talk to birch to get upgrade my pokedex it crashes, what version of emerald do i patch it with?
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
But he would first need Suicune's permission if he wishes to do it
So uh... to mod an already hacked game for your own pleasure you need his permission. Am I understanding you?

There's an easily accessible EE version with Damage split and Gible line available via trade on a site where Suicune also has the hack itself posted, and not a care is given. I modify hacks I download all the time with de-capitalization and running indoors and the odd damage split as well (though I never post them). Honestly if we were going by those rules, we would be asking Game Freak before even dumping the ROM. XD

Quote:
How would you guys feel about this?
Don't make the Seedot line replacement fodder and we have a deal. It would only result in other mons with sound glitches.

Also if putting in the new Eeveelutions, please completely revamp either stats or movepools in order for them to actually be usable.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; July 30th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:31 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I'm considering adding in the Cross-Generation evolutions introduced into Generation IV so that the weaker Pokemon such as Misdreavus, Murkrow, Gligar etc have much more potential. This would probably mean replacing several Pokémon with the likes of Glisgor, Probopass, Frosslass, Lickylicky etc. How would you guys feel about this?
That would be great but please can you add evolutions like Gallade, Rhyperior , Electivire or Magmortar too?
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:19 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
That would be great but please can you add evolutions like Gallade, Rhyperior , Electivire or Magmortar too?
That's my idea, I'm wanting to add all of the cross-generation evolutions introduced in Generation IV so that would include:
Magnezone, Gallade, Lickilicky, Roserade, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Gliscor, Electrivire, Magmortar, Leafeon, Glaceon, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Weavile, Mamoswine, Probopass, Froslass, Duskinor and Ambipom.

Quote:

Don't make the Seedot line replacement fodder and we have a deal. It would only result in other mons with sound glitches.

Also if putting in the new Eeveelutions, please completely revamp either stats or movepools in order for them to actually be usable.
I wouldn't replace any valuable Pokémon or evolutionary lines, alternitavely I could use the free spaces provided on the ROM however it would result in having an Unown cry to it. As for the stats and moves I would distribute them as they are in Diamond & Pearl etc.

Last edited by Hoenn; July 31st, 2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

In that case... if you theoretically need to save space say NO to the eeveelutions first thing. Leafeon and Glaceon would be almost completely useless in Gen 3. Glaceon would barely have one set to use because Shadow Ball is useless with it, and that's with the Frontier tutor, and Leafeon is slightly more fortunate with Shadow Ball but still barely has a movepool either due to grass and high attack and no Sp. Attack unlike Tangrowth.

All the others should be alright as is though, as they depend on moves that were already there and as is (heck, mixed Mamoswine was viable in DPPt metagame for a time and mismagius was always treated as a lesser Gengar). Also Dusknoir with Shadow Ball would be a neat balance to the elemental punches being gone since Earthquake and Brick Break are still there.
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:35 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
In that case... if you theoretically need to save space say NO to the eeveelutions first thing. Leafeon and Glaceon would be almost completely useless in Gen 3. Glaceon would barely have one set to use because Shadow Ball is useless with it, and that's with the Frontier tutor, and Leafeon is slightly more fortunate with Shadow Ball but still barely has a movepool either due to grass and high attack and no Sp. Attack unlike Tangrowth.

All the others should be alright as is though, as they depend on moves that were already there and as is (heck, mixed Mamoswine was viable in DPPt metagame for a time and mismagius was always treated as a lesser Gengar). Also Dusknoir with Shadow Ball would be a neat balance to the elemental punches being gone since Earthquake and Brick Break are still there.
Yeah, well there's enough spaces to add all of them the only downfall is that they will share the same cry which I doubt is that much of an issue.

I've also decided to create two patches, one being the current release that is out now with no Gen IV Pokémon and then obviously the Patch I'm creating with the Generation IV additions so that people have the option both including the same features, difficulty etc.

Old August 1st, 2013, 08:40 AM
MasterGreen

I have an issue, the evee in slateport is a skill swap, and the stones aren't appearing in lavaridge. Please help.
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGreen View Post
I have an issue, the evee in slateport is a skill swap, and the stones aren't appearing in lavaridge. Please help.
Maybe you have an old version.

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old August 1st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Staraptor17

Quote:
I can only give a moveset of 10 moves...
Can this become larger, or ''this is it''...
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:17 PM
MasterGreen

If that is true Hacker Bisharp, how do I update, and will it take away my save?
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGreen View Post
If that is true Hacker Bisharp, how do I update, and will it take away my save?
You can play with your old save. You just have to rename it exactly like the newly patched ROM. But make sure you save your game in places like Pokemon Centers so there would be little chance of glitches
Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
reyhero

There's an unedited trainer on Route 123 named Bird Keeper Alberto. He had both level 30 Pelipper and Xatu.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyhero View Post
There's an unedited trainer on Route 123 named Bird Keeper Alberto. He had both level 30 Pelipper and Xatu.
Thanks for this, I was sure that all unedited trainers were sorted too!

Old August 4th, 2013, 08:06 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
I don't like Roserade over Shuckle, no offense. There is enough room to add in Roserade using the 25 extra spaces, and:

Quote:
Yeah, well there's enough spaces to add all of them the only downfall is that they will share the same cry which I doubt is that much of an issue.
Is it bad that I've already done that, with over 100 new moves added, all of Deoxys' formes in-game, Regigigas, and Lucario?

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288

Last edited by LCCoolJ95; August 4th, 2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Never mind, the sprites were on purpose.
Old August 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
A while ago I was planning on making my own Emerald hack like this one but it looks like I won't surpass this. Would you mind if I help you out along the way for anything additional, though?

Nice job with Finneon/Lumineon, by the way.
Old August 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

I liked the hack without the new Pokemon. Adding in Gen IV Pokémon that are evolutions to old Pokémon are fine. You could also add in Regigigas since it's tied together to the creation of the Regis. But adding in random new Pokémon? That's annoying.

By the way Suicune™, do you want me to add in new moves and make new movesets? Also, I have some sprites you could use. The Weather Trio. Do you want to see them?

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

I have a question about Pokemon-specific Items. I see a Thick Club screenshot in the first post, but what about the Light Ball, Lucky Punch, etc?

Gonna try this hack out for the Challenge forum's August event. I have no doubt I will be killing myself before it's over.

edit: Just saw that Poocheyna's wild animation is missing the second frame I believe.
bad poochyena animation.png

edit2: Another small error: when you enter the Rustboro Pokemon Center, you start on the left entrance tile, so you can't go straight to Nurse Joy.
PC entrance tile.png

edit3: the trade in Rustboro is for a Cubone, not a Clamperl like the document says. Also, its has really bad IVs (as do the original trades), any chance those could be edited to be more like the Gen IV/V trades' IVs?

edit4: Fisherman Ivan in Rustboro City, Fisherman Ivan's first Pokemon is a Qwilfish who has no moves and Struggles.
qwilfish struggle.png

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100

Last edited by jdthebud; August 4th, 2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: edit4
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:45 PM
reyhero

Quote:
Thanks for this, I was sure that all unedited trainers were sorted too!
No problem! Although I have a suggestion: maybe you could not make a Pokemon appear in a place more than once? Example: Onyx appears in the Granite Cave and Victory Road (if I'm not wrong). Because then there can be room for other Pokemon to appear as wild like the Hoenn starters. Just a suggestion tho.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links