The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room

Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old December 12th, 2011 (10:15 AM).
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Minime won't be on until Wednesday, hopefully. I did find out why he decided to switch back: He felt like he was learning how to hack Pokemon all over again.
Old December 12th, 2011 (07:44 PM).
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Name: Kyle
Job: Storyliner
I'm applying for a second job.
Proof: (this could be the game's storyline if you like it) You are a lowly Team Rocket grunt, but you have big dreams. Dreams of becoming Boss Rocket...but that's not happening anytime soon. Sadly, ill fate conspires against you: You fall out of Team Rocket's truck when they're driving to Kanto, and no one notices you're gone for fifty or sixty miles. Lost in the middle of somewhere between Kanto and the northern forests, you flourish. You train your rattata Pokemon, eventually making your way to Celadon City and into the secret base, impressing Giovanni with your skill. Then that Red punk comes in and creams everyone, forcing Team Rocket to leave. You defeat Sabrina, forcing her to let you and your buddies into Saffron City...
Old December 12th, 2011 (08:13 PM).
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Two things:

1 - As Minime has his cell still, he'd like to know if you guys can PM me your numbers so I can text them to him.
2 - The storyline is pretty much based around events in the Manga and other things to be made(Side-Quest, events leading up to the first movie), then moving into Johto. If we're not using how Sabrina is in the Manga as we are Koga, then that would work out. I'll find out soon what Mini would like to do. And from what Mini shared with me, he's already thought why and how the character joins Team Rocket: Due to a loved ones illness, the character wants to make money as fast as possible to pay for the hospital fee's. A Team Rocket recruiter comes to the character one day, offering the chance to join an organization if he/she can survive boot-camp. At the same time the local police of the area are looking for more cadets in their academy for future officers. The police force needs payment, while the organization does not. Being the cheaper of the two options the player decides to sign on - Soon after they are sent off to boot-camp for training. In boot-camp certain features are explained to the player, and a final test is held where the player must use the skills learned in order to pass. I suspect they'll be given a list to complete with various assignments/tasks to do before passing.

It's my fault for not really posting everything he and I have talked about. Going to ask Mini if we can work out a time-line of events to start posting up for you all to know of what's being or has been written.
Old December 13th, 2011 (08:08 AM).
Soul Saint
Ghost~

I said to PM them. It's never a good idea to post your cell number out in the open on the internet. When you can, please edit your post or delete it. Gave your number to Mini so you two can talk more. Should ask him if he can receive pic's on his cell, show him some of your sprites.
Old December 13th, 2011 (03:23 PM).
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

I have to say I really don't like that storyline. It's not creative, and I think the player should be on Team Rocket because they want to, not because they have to.
Old December 13th, 2011 (03:58 PM).
AustinWolff
has left

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
I have to say I really don't like that storyline. It's not creative, and I think the player should be on Team Rocket because they want to, not because they have to.
you should make it a choice in the beginning, like when you and your friends see it, you can either say yes or no, and that will change the outcome of events.
Old December 13th, 2011 (04:10 PM).
minime010
All food belongs to me.

Nature: Gentle
Hey. I see you makin' fun o my storyline, punk! Jk . Like soul said, he didn't say everything we talked about. I didn't even tell him the other idea I had in mind (hehe). You have a choice to either join the police force and then later betray them for the rockets, or start out being a rocket. I was thinking about being able to play as the police all the way through, or maybe even getting to play as a double agent for both sides.

---Minime010---

Attempting to get back into ROM Hacking.
Old December 13th, 2011 (05:29 PM).
AustinWolff
has left

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime010 View Post
Hey. I see you makin' fun o my storyline, punk! Jk . Like soul said, he didn't say everything we talked about. I didn't even tell him the other idea I had in mind (hehe). You have a choice to either join the police force and then later betray them for the rockets, or start out being a rocket. I was thinking about being able to play as the police all the way through, or maybe even getting to play as a double agent for both sides.
sounds interesting to me. say, for the moment what do you need me to sprite?
Old December 13th, 2011 (06:31 PM).
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Think of it more along the ways of a fanatic. Every fanatic starts out somewhere before becoming one. The Rockets believe in the goals Giovanni has and the force of their organization. They believe themselves to be superior to all others that are not higher ups. That's how most fanatic groups work and how Team Rocket seems to work too. Read the dialogue in the games and they give off that impression.

The character had a life prior to joining up or wanting to. The benefits could be great or they could be short-lived depending on your actions in any organization. As a member of Team Rocket, if you get caught, you may or may not be bailed/broken out or rescued. Depends on if you should be able to escape yourself, why you are in jail or in holding, and how you were caught/found. But if you have good senses, the know-how and a bit of luck, you'll do just fine. The pay of a cop compared to what a member of Rocket makes is probably much less. Risky jobs pay more money; higher the risk of a job/mission, the better the reward.

You have a loved one in need of a hospital to treat their illness, and you have the chance to make you both set for life? Not forced to join it when it's pretty much freely handed to you. Joining an organization in this kind of circumstance leaves you with the chance you will be used or sometime your loved one, if known, will be used as leverage. You could also just join the police, earning your wages legally and doing a service to the community of your area. Believing in justice over a known crime organization is up to a sole person to decide. The pay either way is great, plus the benefits help with medical bills. No other jobs happen to be available at the time - Leaving the police and Team Rocket as your options.
Old December 13th, 2011 (06:49 PM).
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

Update: Tohjo Falls.
I added stuff like ladders and boulder puzzle so the player could explore it later on, maybe going to lower areas.
Old December 13th, 2011 (07:20 PM).
AustinWolff
has left

nice! looks like the mapping is halfway done already!
Old December 14th, 2011 (06:03 PM).
minime010
All food belongs to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Saint View Post
Think of it more along the ways of a fanatic. Every fanatic starts out somewhere before becoming one. The Rockets believe in the goals Giovanni has and the force of their organization. They believe themselves to be superior to all others that are not higher ups. That's how most fanatic groups work and how Team Rocket seems to work too. Read the dialogue in the games and they give off that impression.

The character had a life prior to joining up or wanting to. The benefits could be great or they could be short-lived depending on your actions in any organization. As a member of Team Rocket, if you get caught, you may or may not be bailed/broken out or rescued. Depends on if you should be able to escape yourself, why you are in jail or in holding, and how you were caught/found. But if you have good senses, the know-how and a bit of luck, you'll do just fine. The pay of a cop compared to what a member of Rocket makes is probably much less. Risky jobs pay more money; higher the risk of a job/mission, the better the reward.

You have a loved one in need of a hospital to treat their illness, and you have the chance to make you both set for life? Not forced to join it when it's pretty much freely handed to you. Joining an organization in this kind of circumstance leaves you with the chance you will be used or sometime your loved one, if known, will be used as leverage. You could also just join the police, earning your wages legally and doing a service to the community of your area. Believing in justice over a known crime organization is up to a sole person to decide. The pay either way is great, plus the benefits help with medical bills. No other jobs happen to be available at the time - Leaving the police and Team Rocket as your options.
Thats it! You keep giving great ideas! Okay, 1st. This takes place before team rocket becomes very active and they're just a group. At this point, no one knows anything about what they're planning. They just go around telling people about their big goals (that don't sound evil). 2nd. They really can't track you, because no one has ever seen your face while your commiting crimes. you probably get a nickname at some point.

Quote:
Update: Tohjo Falls.
I added stuff like ladders and boulder puzzle so the player could explore it later on, maybe going to lower areas.
Awesome! At some point, probably after you finish your next map, give me an ips of what you got, and you can take a nice break. I think we should focus on completing the Kanto events before we get ahead of ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWolff View Post
nice! looks like the mapping is halfway done already!
Yeah. I might need you to sub for Kyle while he's on his "Vacay".

---Minime010---

Old December 14th, 2011 (09:33 PM).
AustinWolff
has left

Quote:
Yeah. I might need you to sub for Kyle while he's on his "Vacay".
So maps based on manga right? do you want me to edit existing ones or add new areas from certain manga chapters?
Old December 15th, 2011 (01:08 PM). Edited December 15th, 2011 by minime010.
minime010
All food belongs to me.

Dont do anything yet until you get an ips. be patient.

---Minime010---

Old December 15th, 2011 (03:50 PM).
AustinWolff
has left

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime010 View Post
Dont do anything yet until you get an ips. be patient.
alright. will you send it through PC or email?
Old December 16th, 2011 (04:12 PM).
minime010
All food belongs to me.

pc. Im waiting for kyle though. And Kyle, PLEASE send it.

---Minime010---

Old December 17th, 2011 (01:45 AM).
AustinWolff
has left

wait, is kyle and hack deoxys one person? or are they sharing an account?
Old December 17th, 2011 (08:43 AM). Edited December 17th, 2011 by Mr. X.
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Nickname/what you want to be called: X, Mr. X (Either one is ok)

Position: Mapper, Beta Tester, Scripter (Well, not yet. I'm planning to try and learn basic scripting sometime.), Sprite/Tile inserter

When you're on and timezone: Varies. UTC -6, US & Canada

Proof of Work: I'll try and find some of my older maps that were made a few years back. I haven't mapped for a while so my skills, now, are rusty as hell. I'll be working a few hours a day to bring them back up.

Still, my past experiences. I was beta tester for two diffrient hacks, although they were canceled. I was a beta tester for Moon/Sun (Canceled way back.) and another hack that I can't remember the name of. (I was a beta tester for beta/alpha 2 (Can't remember which) but the project was canceled right after the first release.)

As for mapping, I was a mapper for Mythic Legends but was removed when I became inactive. I made a couple of maps that were used in the first beta but they were replaced in later betas. I did some small map fixes for various hacks but can't remember the names. They were all small hacks that either were never released or one had one alpha/beta release.

Team wise, I was a mapper for Galaxy Productions. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77220 went by Team Chill Commander X at that time.)

Most of my mapping was done on R/E, not FR/LG. I prefer R/S/E because the tiles, imo, look better. FR/LG tiles, imo, lack the intricacy of R/S/E tiles, but that doesn't mean much now since most hackers are using rom bases and diffrient tiles.

Way of contact: PM, VM, Yahoo IM (Soon. I'll need to reinstall it though)

Why you want to join: I'd like to try and get back into hacking.

Come play Runescape
Old December 17th, 2011 (01:56 PM).
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

Kyle is my name. I'll send the .ips as soon as possible, though I'm not using that computer right now..Wait a few hours.
Old December 17th, 2011 (02:05 PM).
AustinWolff
has left

Quote:
Kyle is my name. I'll send the .ips as soon as possible, though I'm not using that computer right now..Wait a few hours.
u got it kyle. when u send me it, tell me what maps you don't want me to touch, and I'll map from there
Old December 18th, 2011 (12:13 PM).
SuperLaluigi
I am Firn My Lazar!!!!

Nature: Bold
What i want to be called:The Exterminator

position:beta tester

poof of work:I played Alot of hacks some of them had bugs so I just Report to Them Emidiently also i am a pro player i made my starter level up to lvl 15 before may/bredon/defeted elite for at lvl 75 finished lots of hacks like pokemon flora sky/pokemon ruby destinyregion of legends and rescue team

way of contact: privite pm

why do i like to join: I like playing games and hacking them

LUIGI(HunTER)

lol i can play hacks but i cant make em
Old December 18th, 2011 (11:47 PM).
◘•EmperiuM•◘
The Scripter

Hello there i am applying!

Nickname/what you want to be called:Emperium

Position: Mapper Scripter

When you're on and timezone: GMT +8:00,it is random when i become ON..

Proof of Work: None for now cuz im new!

Way of contact: vM pm

Why you want to join: Cuz i want to help in the team
Old December 19th, 2011 (12:31 AM).
M.L
Busy atm

I would like to apply but do you need any tile inserters animation creator and inserter and mapper or not (are the mapper positions filled) anyways thats me?
Old December 20th, 2011 (11:10 AM).
Daft Funk
Beginning Trainer

Nickname/what you want to be called: Daft Funk
Position: spriter, logo maker
When you're on and timezone: whenever I can and UK time zone
Proof of Work: (optional, but greatly appreciated)
Way of Contact: email: [email protected]
Want to join:To have a game with my sprites in it and interested with the concept of playing as a villain
Old December 20th, 2011 (03:21 PM).
Daft Funk
Beginning Trainer

Here are examples of my work (trainer and pokemon)
Attached Images
File Type: png Example.PNG‎ (2.2 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links