Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: pokemon hack with fakemon's should have ?
original pokemon's with some fakemon's 34 34.34%
only 151 all Fakemon's 14 14.14%
only original pokemon ( No fakemon's) 26 26.26%
151 fakemon's and 234 original pokemon 5 5.05%
151 fakemon's with some Gen 1 ,2 3, 4 and 5 (mixed) 20 20.20%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 18th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Shucklin
Punch in the Meowth!

Advertise here
I dont like fakemon with bad names that have no research whatsoever supporting them. You should also have ditto in the game because he is irreplaceable.

P.S. fakemon based off real pokemon are bad. dont even try
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:44 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Nature: Mild
Heck it's all up to whoever wants or dis-wants Fakemon. Adding them to a game can bring originality...but it can also really bring down the game's overall appeal in my opinion. If their sprited in a professional manner, then yeah should be good. If not, then don't bother.
Old December 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
I myself really enjoy fakemon with Pokemon Quartz being my favorite and I feel like they add to the game and give it a different feel to it. You know the one you get when you play a newly released Pokemon game and your discovering all the new Pokemon.
Old December 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
I actually like fakemon(Only if they are well done). I always see fakemon sprites on Deviantart and I say to myself "man I wish those were real" I really wish there was a very well done Fakemon hack with great fakemon. I didn't like the starters in Quartz and most of the pokemon.
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
Old December 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
coopare
Beginning Trainer

use only about 20-25 fakemon
when a whole hack has nothing but fakemon I can't stand it!
Old December 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Well, I guess they're fine...

It's really hard to appreciate them because I have such a short attention span, and it's a bummer having to sift through all the bad Fakemon to find the awesome one (or 151). This is a really important point to me because I personally hate all Fakemon because of my first Fakemon that I saw, that stupid Rubberman thing.

Also, there should be a fix of some of the actual Nintendo sprites. For example, Grovyle (and bros) are pretty cool, but honestly?, I hate the sprite. I mean, what is that, and how in the world is it possible to stand like that?

Things like that being fixed would be awesome, but sadly my art skills are comparable to that of a cow with dyslexia.
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old December 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Ironblockade
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I personally enjoy fakemon in hacks as it gives the player an enormous amount of depth in strategy when you don't already know the pokemon and thus have to test the fakemon out yourself. This works best when a game has fakemon only.
Old December 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
X80relianthope

i would have to say i like fakemon more only because in my opinion it takes true skill to come up with a good and well sprited fakemon. and im used to seeing the old pokemon way to muh i like to see new ones.
X80relianthope
Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
BlazingVolt646
Beginning Trainer

fakemons are good in games mixed with real ones.I love creating fakemons with enough style as real ones
Attached Images
File Type: jpg x ultra.jpg‎ (4.5 KB, 176 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Tooks
Beginning Trainer

Personally I dont like fakemon. If they're sprited really well, then fair enough, but most of the time they're not (no offence to the creator but Topaz is a good example of fakemon sprites gone bad...) Playing pokemon with badly sprited fakemon, for me, just detracts from the experience and reminds me im playing a hack. Moemon would be a good example of good spriting (though granted those arent fake-mon just replaced mon...)

I'd rather play a hack with edited pokemon (for example evolution levels/skill sets etc changed) then play with badly made fakemon
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
The truth is, many say they hate Fakemon but in truth they love them as long as they are realistic. If you think about it, before Nintendo releases a new generation, those Pokemon are fakemon. Never seen or used before. So if you were to take some Fakemon and have Nintendo, most people would be all over it rather than playing a game with unofficial ones. Most of us just want the comfort that Nintendo made it but if you can make Fakemon right people will be willing to play.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM
PokeMasterPLA2
Pokemon Master, Hack lover

Send a message via Skype™ to PokeMasterPLA2
I'd have to say the game is best with some fakemon and and then a mix of pokemon from all other regions
Old February 6th, 2012, 01:50 PM
DForte
Trainer

If a game is going to have fakemon, then it should be pre-evos or evos. Normally when I see fakemon, they are either mixes of two or more pokémon or they just look really bad. Personally, I would prefer origanl pokémon.

Pokémon: The Blacklist

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272102
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:59 PM
aviranzerioniac
Beginning Trainer

Fakemons aren't that bad in a game. The game must not be an all fakemons flop show but if you have a pretty good story line and pretty realistic fakemons, kudos to you
Personally, the only fakemons i've played with are from the RD series and if you can have such a combination of mons and storyline, who cares if you have poké or fakè mons.
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

I would love to play a decent hacked Pokemon game with some decent fakemon.
Yet, most hacks have awfull looking fakemon, and that makes the whole experience of trying something new fail.
So I go for mixed. partly fakemon's and most should be original Pokes.

I'll make a man out of you!
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Xbros360
Beginning Trainer

I believe that If someone is going to use Fakemon they should look at them before using them and ask themselves. "Does it look like a three year old drew this?" I've seen some very good Fakemon, and I've seen some really bad Fakemon. What a good Fakemon is would be someone who worked months on them and didn't draw them together in 5 minutes and say done. So if you have all good fakemon then there is another issue. Did you use to many of the same type. That could be an issue as well. We don't want to many of one type. I saw this good rom with good fakes but it had to many flying types which is were the rom lacked.
Old February 19th, 2012, 06:49 AM
sethiey
*Doing nothing*

Nature: Lax
I challenge you to hack in Mamoswine, Good luck
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Halitosis the Dragon
Beginning Trainer

I think Fakemon mixed with Original Pokemon is a good idea. You could have the hack be all Fakemon, provided that they actually look good.
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
alancer

If you give a little of both, everyone can be happy. Plus, go for more then the 150 range. That seemed like plenty when we all played Gen 1, but now it feels limiting. I like knowing we can all have drastically different teams. With 151, you see a lot of repetition with the stronger pokemon.
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
I just wish there was more effort put into the Fakemon who replace the real Pokemon, their own sizes, different catch/gender/growth rates, completely different movepool and typing, etc. Cries would be the most difficult thing to do, though personally I play roms with sound off. It's really time consuming to do the little nitpicky details, but it makes things so rewarding.
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
KoKoros
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Well, I think you could make it about half fakemon, and half pokemon, because filling the whole dex with fakemon is hard... believe me, it takes FORVER (I'm trying to fill a whole dex of fakemon... not working well)
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:16 AM
ChibiVamp
>>RETRO GAMER<<

Nature: Rash
I've played some games with fakemon in and two were horrible. The first has one fakemon but its so insanely unbalanced with the rest of the game that its possible to go through the whole game with only it and HM-slaves. The sprite for it is literaly Growlith with Seviper tail and a Marshtomp mohawk.
The second has some very badly done fakemon. Their basicly original pokemon with a bad sprite shoehorned in. The moves are completely the same.
The fakemon in Life of Guardians are quiet well done from the little I was able to play.
I'm planning my own game and it's going to have a fakemon but this one is going to play an important role in the story. I think that's the best way to include them, as new elements in the story.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
Depends on how well the fakemon are made. I don't want to see the original pokemon's icons either through menu or anything like that. It's supposed to feel completely fresh. I don't think anybody has really done a superb job with fakemon that i've seen in ROM hacking but maybe i've missed a few. I like when it's only like 1-30 fakemon though.
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Dragonmon270
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Garnet... Enuf said. With their sprites they could risk anything including adding all pokemon from every generation because their plot, mapping, everything is so amazing they can choose to make up something totally different and include original pokemon and nobody complain. I think it depends on how good the fakemon sprites are and if you're gonna use fakemon sprites consider them being used at the beginning of the game as starters because i hate seeing fakemon on a new pokemon thread and get the game and not be able to use them till the end of the game. Fakemon can really give a hack/rom originality depending on how good the sprites are and other aspects but mostly how good the sprites are.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here