Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 18th, 2011 (09:16 AM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Wow. This RP's way more successful than the last one. I just feel I owe a debt of gratitude to Game Over for coming up with the idea of a slightly different remake. He came to me with the offer to be co-GM, thanks man. I will do my best to co-GM this.
Old October 18th, 2011 (09:35 AM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Pssh! You owe me nothing Xilfer! Thanks for letting me take your idea and changing a few things with it! Let's just make this RP the best RP these people have ever been (or will be) a part of! :D
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old October 18th, 2011 (09:59 AM).
Spellsun
It burns! It burns!

Hahaha. I see my old friend Xilfer has finally managed to GM SOMETHING successfully. Also, I'm a Final Fantasy nut. I introduced our friend Xilfer here to the series in the first place. So reserve me for Nex Malum please. :D
Old October 18th, 2011 (10:02 AM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

@Game Over: Haha, alright then. But whether you like or not, I'm still gonna say: thanks anyway.

@Spellsun: Don't get ahead of yourself Spellsonny. Reserved
Old October 18th, 2011 (10:18 AM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

@ Spellsun: As Xilfer has already said, don't get too much ahead of yourself. As you might already know, you now have five days to have a SU up starting today.

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old October 19th, 2011 (10:25 AM). Edited October 19th, 2011 by Discordant Harmony.
Discordant Harmony
Dispensing Donuts

Nature: Calm
I tried to make a Lawful Evil villain. He turned into a Mercenary Neutral working for the evil regime. :L
Regardless, THIS IS KUPO AWESOME!!!!
Spoiler:
Name: Gregory Barrowfort

Race: Hume

Job: Soldier / Blue Mage

Side: Nex Malum

Appearance: An ogre of a man, Barrowfort at full height stands 7’, with broad shoulders and a muscular build. His chestnut hair, capable of falling down between his shoulder blades if let loose, is kept neatly tucked around his head and neck within his Solder hood, insolating his flesh from the cold of Moorabella, though it can be unbearably hot in warmer climates. When not wearing the hood, his hair is restrained in a ponytail. Barrowfort’s face is that of a veteran, with a hideous scar on the left side of his face, across the cheek. Ice-blue eyes glare out from under a furrowed brow and a pair of bushy eyebrows. A demonic Hanya Mask often covers the opening of the Solder hood, hiding the man’s face and adding to the intimidation factor.

The Soldier’s uniform is darker blue with a standard red cape and mostly unmodified, though Barrowfort goes without the hood in hot climates, for obvious reasons. The cap of the hood hangs back between his shoulder blades, in this case. Below the armor and uniform, Barrowfort’s body bears numerous additional scars from his training. At his side is a Vitanova sword in its scabbard, which Barrowfort wields in his left hand, and upon his right arm is the daunting glare of an Aegis Shield. A gauntlet protects each of Barrowfort’s forearms.

History: Born in Moorabella to a pair of hume mages, Barrowfort grew up with pressure to study and learn magick. While he did have natural talent for it, Barrowfort never took an interest in the arcane arts. During days when he could get out of the house, Barrowfort would go into the snowy outskirts of the city with a group of other boys whose heads were filled with fairy tales and heroic legends. Together they would chase after Cockatrices with large sticks, either practicing magic or combat. Once the boys’ overprotective and disapproving parents discovered the trips, the young adventurers-to-be were rounded up and kept under strict watch. Barrowfort’s training was mostly focused on White Magick, with some Black Magick study on the side- for though he showed talent for it, his overprotective parents would not allow him to study the dangerous art of Blue Magick- Once he was old enough to move out, of course, the rash youth abandoned his studies and left his home against his parents’ wishes.

From Moorabella, a young Barrowfort traveled with a caravan to Camoa, where he planned to learn the art of the sword. Once there, it proved far more difficult to gain an apprenticeship than suspected. Eventually Barrowfort found a Parivir mercenary, passing through the city, who was looking for a student to teach his skills. Though the boy trained hard, and had some natural talent in each, he proved unable to combine magick and swordplay. The Parivir dropped Barrowfort off in Graszton after the apprenticeship failed, and left. In the new city, Barrowfort did his best to find a job, but to no avail. Eventually the wannabe adventurer was forced to join up with a gang of poachers, who allowed him to test his skill with Blue Magic. Unbeknownst to Barrowfort, this group was a smaller faction ultimately controlled by the larger Khamja.

Barrowfort’s determination, loyalty, and swordsmanship with a saber eventually caught the eye of the group leader who was a part of Khamja. Offered a chance to receive special training and move up in the world, Barrowfort immediately agreed. The prospective Blue Mage was placed in an arena with four others to fight monsters and learn their abilities. To toughen them up, the trainees were given nothing to defend themselves except for the abilities they learned therein. The entire time a Beastmaster would command the monsters, so as to make sure the mages were hit with abilities they could learn. During this time Barrowfort received many of his scars, including the one on his cheek- a memento from the Deathscythe the Blue Mages fought. Intensive training continued for three months, until the recruits had learned all they could. With training over, each of them was assigned to a different squad, and learned secondary jobs to suit whatever roles were needed.

Nineteen at the time, Barrowfort had only just started to get into his new role in the organization when Clan Gully brought about Khamja’s downfall. The organization more or less dissolved, and Barrowfort was alone once again. After things settled, the Soldier started doing mercenary work on his own. This carried on for several years, until Barrowfort happened to meet the leader of the old poaching group while on a quest. The Hunter, still with the now rebuilding Khamja, offered Barrowfort reemployment. The Soldier of course accepted- after finishing the job he had come to the are to do- and became part of the Nex Malum faction. After a test to assess his skills, Barrowfort was assigned to a new squad- this one.

Personality: Barrowfort’s key defining characteristics are his loyalty and stoic determination. The Soldier does not have any moral dilemmas over killing or breaking the law, as long as it serves the goal. All the same, when it would be detrimental to long-term goals, Barrowfort will avoid it if at all possible. A shrewd tactician due to his forced studies early on in life, he is not one of the warriors who run headlong into battle, preferring to plan and prepare beforehand. While respectful and obedient to superiors, Barrowfort will not hesitate to bluntly point out the flaws in any idea or scheme- and then go along with it anyways when they won’t listen.

Password: THIS IS KUPO AWESOME exclamation-markx4

Other: Nyet.
Old October 19th, 2011 (11:52 AM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

@ Discordant Harmony: You are accepted. There is one thing I would like you to do for me though, and that is make that height of your character, at max, seven feet tall. We don't have giant Humes running through Ivalice in this RP. XD

Old October 19th, 2011 (11:57 AM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

I agree with Game Over. Perhaps a little shorter. Otherwise, you're in.

Haha, Spellsun and I go way back, I know how he gets. He couldn't get ahead of the tip of his little nose if his life depended on it. XD But like Game Over said, five days. Five. *Tick..tock..tick..tock*
Old October 19th, 2011 (12:02 PM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Actually four now Xilfer123. XD

Old October 19th, 2011 (06:28 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
Very exciting stuff :D

I think this time, hopfully this will turn out to be an amazing roleplay! I've been playing War of the Lions recently and it's so much different to A2. You can't push B and go back if you move wrong. Plus, your characters can actually die. So you have to think more! it's great! XD
Old October 19th, 2011 (06:28 PM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
Very exciting stuff :D

I think this time, hopfully this will turn out to be an amazing roleplay! I've been playing War of the Lions recently and it's so much different to A2. You can't push B and go back if you move wrong. Plus, your characters can actually die. So you have to think more! it's great! XD
Old October 20th, 2011 (05:50 AM).
Garet
GhostFire

So, will we be starting once the reservations are filled, dropped, or timed out?
Old October 20th, 2011 (07:35 AM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

@ Skymin: Thanks for the compliment Skymin, but also thanks for reminding me about something.

There will be Judges in this RP everyone. Every clan will have one, including Clan Gully. The only clan that won't have a Judge is the Nex Malum squad. More information on this as we go through the RP.

@ Garet: When the reservations are either filled, timed out, or dropped, Xilfer123 and I will fill the spots open with NPCs. Monday is when we will start.

@ Spellsun: You have three days to have a complete SU up.

@ EVERYONE ELSE WITH A RESERVATION: You have two days to have a complete SU up.

Old October 20th, 2011 (02:54 PM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Hmmm, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there, brother. Why fill up all the spots with NPCs?
Old October 20th, 2011 (02:59 PM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Hm... Point made...

How about this... If the spots aren't filled by Monday, then we will have NPCs in the RP for those who are in Nex Malum. Clan Gully is gonna have several NPC members later on anyways, or I would imagine.

Old October 20th, 2011 (03:04 PM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Once again, I don't see the point of NPCs. I'd say we either leave the spots open for someone to take during the RP, or close them by Monday.
Old October 20th, 2011 (03:11 PM). Edited October 21st, 2011 by Game Over1375.
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

We shall discuss this over VM later.

Edit on October 21, 2011:
@ Spellsun: You have two days to have a complete SU posted.

@ EVERYONE ELSE WITH A RESERVATION: You all have one day left to post up a complete SU.

Old October 21st, 2011 (02:03 PM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Alright everybody, one day! Get ur SUs up, I don't want to lose y'all!!!
Old October 21st, 2011 (04:32 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2011 by Spellsun.
Spellsun
It burns! It burns!

I'll finish this tomorrow.

Name: Luther Luna

Race: Bangaa

Job: Trickster / Templar

Side: Nex Malum

Appearance: Luther has many scars strewn across his body. Mainly from the various fights he's been in. And he's been in a lot of fights. There is one scar in particular, although heavily covered by clothes, that may peak the interest of one's eyes. He has a heavily guarded scar on his left leg. It is shaped like a sword with various diverse markings upon it. It looks both elegant and painful at first sight. The Bangaa guards it under three layers of bandages, and his uniform. He wants nobody to see it.
He wears the standard uniform for a Trickster: white vest with folded sleeves coupled with the purple scarf, plus the knickerbockers with the funny symbol on them, almost like a Ninja's throwing star. His footwear is all but extraordinary, but he refuses to wear goggles. Says it distracts his razor sharp eyesight. His eyes are a piercing blue, and he has quite a muscular build, not to mention his tail is a little curled at the tip. A minor birth deformity.

Luther stands at a great 6 "8". While not the largest stature, it is certainly not the most regular either. However, he is not a brute. He is much the opposite. Despite his size and strength, he prefers to steer clear of fights.

History: Luther Luna's transition from honorable Templar to cretin Trickster is quite fascinating to say the least. Born into a small streetear family, Luther's childhood was quite uneventful. Luther had always been torn by desire. One minute he wanted one thing, the next another. Finally, the day came when his goal was set: to become an honorable Templar Knight. After failing to become one at first, the twenty-three year old Bangaa set out on a journey of self-discovery. After his return to his hometown, he was a full-merited Templar Knight. Shortly after his prideful arrival at his home, he was asked to join Clan Silpher. This was a great honor-Clan Silpher was a great clan, and a main rival of the great Clan Gully. Luther accepted the invitation with enthusiasm, and stayed working with this clan for the next three years. After that-something terrible happened.

Luther and Clan Silpher had been asked to bring down a great monster by the name of Klork. Apparently, a mad Alchemist had used one of his growing serums to create a giant Antlion. The Antlion had been stalking the Khitli Sands ever since, and had been named Klork. It was a coup. A villainous Clan by the name of Clan Kroft had created Klork, and with its help they totally eliminated Clan Silpher, only its leader and the current second in command-Luther Luna-were taken hostage by the clan. A mark was burned on them. The leader-a Hume by the name of Cole-struggled and was murdered, leaving only Luther. Not wanting to suffer the same fate as his partner, Luther indured the pain of the burning metal as it touched his yellow skin. A strange sword mark was imprinted on him, and then he was left to rot in the streets of Fluorgis. Fluorgis was a very polluted city, because of the Aerodome, so Luther had trouble surviving in the harsh environment of street life. Soon, he became involved with gambling in an effort to gain money, this lead to necessary lying, cheating, fighting. Which soon twisted Luther Luna's view of the world. In just three years, he had become a lying, cheating, cretin.

Soon he joined the ranks of a gang. They were named The Fluorgis Wave. Luther soon murdered their leader and took control of the gang. He led them to become a feared gang, and learned the ways of the Trickster, changing his attire and everything. Until finally, one day, Luther was contacted by a member of Nex Malum, who were looking for powerful squad members. They'd just re-risen. Promised wealth and power beyond imagination; Luther left for Nex Malum. His gang did not want him to go, however, and tried to stop him. He killed them all. Now in Nex Malum, Luther is more powerful than ever.

Personality: Luther Luna is an extremely deceitful, unkind person. He is in almost every sense: a cretin. He is a liar, a thief, a murderer and many more things. He does not give anything, he simply takes it. He does not ask, he just does. Nobody can stop him doing what he wants. He has a great knowledge of people: the way they behave and react, and so he is very convincing. Only those who know him all too well can escape his oh-so convincing lies. Luther craves money. Over all things, he craves money. He would kill someone for a quarter, and kill a hundred people for one gil. He steals from just about everyone anywhere, and takes every opportunity he gets to take someone's purse. Luther is also a traitor, he would betray anyone, even if he'd known that person forever. Another thing Luther craves is power. He loves the thought of ruling over people. Towering over them. But he's mostly a coward, and despite his size and strength, loves to avoid a battle.

Password: THIS IS KUPO AWESOME!!!!

Other: Luther's weapons are a deck of beautifully decorated cards and a Dragon's Whisker Lance.
Old October 22nd, 2011 (02:58 AM).
Thiefany
.S t r a w B e r r y.

Nature: Naive
Ahh darn it. :< I finished my SU earlier this morning, desu...

...And I forgot to take it out of my book. O.o

*facepalm* Double time desu!!

And yes, this is a very nice RP, des. :D Hope this all goes well, desu~!

And I DO HOPE you guys can bear with me.. ^^"

"You just GOTTA love that Strawberry Pocky." ~ Moi
Old October 22nd, 2011 (08:32 AM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

@ EVERYONE WITH A RESERVATION EXCEPT SPELLSUN: THIS IS YOUR LAST DAY TO HAVE A SU UP!

@ Spellsun: You have one day left.

Old October 22nd, 2011 (10:06 AM).
TiTaN.JuStIn
Fighting the army of Stress...

Nature: Lonely
I think thinking 6 days and writing 1 hour was a bad idea. Anyways, this is my "masterpiece". *avoids tomatoes*

Name: George McCollum

Race: Hume

Job: Paladin/White Mage

Side: Gully

Appearance: George's appearance is quite different than other Paladins. He wears a Platinum Helm instead and has a Platinum Mail on top of his coat. He has a sword he calls "Baptism" which is actually "Save the Queen". A name, Lucas McCollum, is engraved on the sword. George has a shield on his left hand. He also has a healing staff just in case somebody needs healing.

George is 5'8 feet tall. His skin is tanned white, his eyes are stormy gray. His hair is spiky short and blonde. He has a scar on his arm because of an accident during his sparring practice with his clan mates.

History: George’s story starts 20 years before FFTA3. In the outskirts a peaceful town of Camoa, a man with a white coat and hood was talking with 2 other people like him. Their faces were grim and full of weariness. The man was tanned white with brown hair and gray eyes. His companion, a woman, was bleached white with long blonde hair and icy blue eyes. The other person had brown hair and a scar across his eye. Soon, the fourth person came, breathing heavily and holding a bag full of potions and phoenix downs. He had red eyes full of regret and anger. His hands were red, probably soaked with blood. The man impatiently hit the stone floor with his staff and began screaming at the latecomer. It seemed like time had stopped when his first word came out. The man then turned and walked away from his companions. The other three nodded to each other and followed the angry man. The gentle sound of a wind. Trees bending towards the mountains. So peaceful. But would peace be with 4 fugitives, who were running away from everybody just because they had an important artifact of ancient times and killed a man because of it?

The 4 were being chased by different clans and were wanted in public. 3 years they were chased and the guilds never gave up searching for them. Not until they found the quartet in Baptiste Hill.

The 4 were going through the boulder passage. They didn’t want to be detected by other travelers, so they decided to go through the mountain passage to get to Zedlei forest, where they could try to hide themselves and finally have a rest there. That was their plan. Until it was crumbled into pieces. A man was leading the group, a woman with a baby in her hands following close by. The second man was behind them, but the third one was nowhere to be seen, probably scouting ahead for dangers and ambushes. The rocky path was hard and tiring, but the fugitives didn’t care about it. Raindrops were pouring down, hardening the path even more. They wanted to get rid of the artifact. No other person should suffer because of this thing. The man slowly took his bag and opened it. He took a pile of towels and slowly opened. There right in front of him was a black tiger. Its pelt was grayish black, its striped were black like darkness. The man remembered how he had to kill the man. He was innocent. He had nothing to do with this. But he died. Just because of—

Then suddenly an ear-piercing cry came. A man was tumbling down the passage. He was wearing an identical white coat and a hood. Then he fell right in front of the group. “Jason!” – the leader of the group cried after shoving the artifact back to his bag - “No…”. The man took off his hood and threw his coat. There stood a Paladin, his holy armor dirty and worn out, but shining. On one hand he held a crystal sword and on his other hand was a bright shield. “Jason… Let me ease your pain a bit.” Suddenly the man’s hands started to glow. He breathed in deeply. Then, a ray of light came from his sword and went inside the body of the weathered man. A second of silence passed, and Jason opened his eyes. “Hey, brother. Glad you helped me.” He stood up, taking out a staff.

“A group of men, wearing masks and black outfits ambushed me. They’re gonna get you soon enough. We should run, brother. We won’t be able to beat them.” Then at the other side of the road came out 5 people with masks and ninja-like outfits. They all had sharp katanas, ready to slice the travelers. “They’re going to pay for this. For Ivalice!” And the man charged at the men. No movement came from the man’s enemies. When the distance was about 5 feet between them, then they suddenly disappeared, confusing the man. “Chris, roll away from there!” – came out the cry from behind. The man rolled just in time to see hundreds of blades falling at the place he should have been. “Close call. Nadia! Get out of here! Take others with you and don’t come back.”

“NO! Don’t leave me! We still have to name the baby-“
“Stop! The baby’s useless if you won’t survive!” – Chris said. He knew that he will have to stall some time for others to run away. Then he added: “They’re after me. Don’t worry. I’ll come back.” Then the man held up his shield, guarding himself from a blade.
“Wait, brother! Let me-“ – Jason’s yell was interrupted by a gunshot. He stopped, then suddenly fell face first into the mud. Blood was tickling from his chest. The man dropped his staff, which rolled away from him until it felt into the crevice far in the right.
“Jason! They’ll die today. By my sword!” Chris dashed forward with anger, unaware of a moogle standing right up on the peak of the riff, aiming for Chris’s chest. Then a gunshot sounded again. The bulled passed fast through the rain and dug into the Paladin’s arm. Chris staggered from the blow. He felt a tremendous amount of pain on his arm. He turned around, staring at Nadia’s cold eyes. Then he muttered: “By the way… Name our baby George… Now, go.” Then he took his bag pack and threw into the crevice. Then he rushed forward into the growing mist and was never seen again.

Nadia returned to Camoa safely with Blake, the other paladin. There she separated with Blake, who insisted on staying with her, but agreed after being convinced by Nadia to leave her alone in peace. After that, she went further deeper into the woods until she collapsed because of lack of sleep and hunger. Fortunately, a couple of Humes found her and took her in with the baby. 3 days later, mysteriously, Nadia disappeared, but left some armor, a sword, a staff and a letter, telling them to keep George with them. The letter also asked them to raise him into a Holy Paladin and never let him fall into the hands of evil. They raised the child as their own for 10 years until they heard of a newly formed legendary Clan Gully. They took the child and asked one of the members to take him in. After some convincing, the Clan finally took him in. The young George studied basic arts of healing and fighting from the clan members and soon knew how to cure and how to handle a sword. Now, he was a Paladin, ready to back his clan mates up and do good deeds for residents of Ivalice. He wanted to make a better life for others. He wanted to stop Nex Malum and it’s evil plans.

Personality: George is a peace-loving human. He wants to achieve peace for the sake of others. He doesn’t like fighting, but for his “ultimate” goal, he would fight and help his clan mates whenever they nee help. Also, George likes to whack his clan mates’ heads with his staff whenever he thinks he needs to put them back into sense. George likes jokes, but doesn’t like it when somebody pulls pranks at others.

George likes working in groups and hates working on his own. He likes company and friends. But sometimes, he can become a little bit rude when he’s angered. George is also quite confident in himself. He’s optimistic and never loses hope in danger. But sometimes he can be a coward if he’s fighting alone.

Likes: Jokes, groups, backing up, hitting everybody with his staff, learning more white magic
Dislikes: Pranks, ambushes, solo works, lamb meat, raisins

Password: THIS IS KUPO AWESOME!!!

Other: I'm not sure if Game Over1375, Xilfer123 accepted my choice of something. P.S. I don't know if I'll be accepted to this RP. So, I'm wondering if you agreed on letting my character be a... You know what.

My history is horrible. Tell me if I need to edit some parts.

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Old October 22nd, 2011 (10:15 AM).
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

@Thiefany: You still have one day to get that SU out of your book, no need to quit :D

@T.i.T.a.N.j.U.s.T.i.N: Your history is more like a post than a summary of the history, but since it was very well written, and there's nothing particularly wrong with it, I don't see why you shouldn't be Accepted
Old October 22nd, 2011 (10:29 AM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

@ TiTaN.JuStIn: Congrats on the acceptance. Can't wait to see what you can do.

@ Thiefany: I hope you can have it up some time today.

Old October 22nd, 2011 (10:51 AM).
Spellsun
It burns! It burns!

LOL, I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'm just getting IN FRONT of myself. XD jk jk. Well, my SU's done. Hope you like it. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links