The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 17th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
does anybody else like the music from the Pokemon Global link website?
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:05 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
^Sometimes, it hurt my ears. Seriously those music are quite annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
^ me too.

But the fact that they said N was born from Pokemon parents means that he is possibly a Pokemon himself. Either a Ditto, a Mew, or a Zoroark! :o
It is N that believes he's born from Pokemon parents. So he he might still born from human parents. Its Ghetsis isolation from huma society that make N believes that he is come from Pokemon parents.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old October 17th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I can just imagine N being a Zoroark and owning one as well. Who knows, it maybe that a Pokemon turned him into a human.
That's what I was thinking. A Zoroark commanding another Zoroark :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
No, it's quite annoying really. I turn off my volume when I am on PGL.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old October 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Ugh, not really. I mute my sound on that place. Then again, I mostly play on muted because I like listening to my tracks instead. Makes cool things cooler imo.
Old October 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
mysticflower
Parasol Lady Madeleine

Nature: Timid
The sound is horrible D: I like the tracks in game though, sometimes I'm lame enough to play them through my speakers :3
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I hardly ever use Global link anyway so it's not much of an issue. If if gets too grating, I can simply mute it and play something else over it.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:39 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
I think it's quite terrible tbh. Thank goodness I can mute it and play some better music over the top.
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Zeffy
I'm Brawly! Dewford's Gym Leader!

Well good thing I don't tinker with this PGL thingamajig. Else, I'd be saying the same "omg this song is horrible" complemented with a "good thing I can mute this". xD

Gym Leader Brawly wants to battle!
Machop (Lv. 17) - Guts - (Bulk Up, Karate Chop)
Makuhita (Lv. 18) - Guts - (Vital Throw, Arm Thrust)
November 21 / Staff Collab 2014
Note: if you think any of these information are spoilers then I implore you to reconsider your life choices.
Old October 18th, 2011, 04:38 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

The Dream World is pretty boring, it takes long to load sometimes, and is horribly repetitive, the only thing you're missing out on is any Pokemon/Items. Which can be got through trade anyway.
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
The Dream World is pretty boring, it takes long to load sometimes, and is horribly repetitive, the only thing you're missing out on is any Pokemon/Items. Which can be got through trade anyway.
Hey, it's actually a nice add-on. Loading and stuff is one thing, but to me it seems like a parallel adventure sometimes. Yo-ho~
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah I like the idea! It's not the most interestingly implemented, but the adventure online is a cool idea. :3
PM
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I haven't even bothered with the Dream World, considering what I haven't touched my game even before Dream World opened. v__v maybe I'll pick up my White again someday, but lately I've just not been in the mood for playing Pokemon.

you are wonderful

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Truality
Left for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
I haven't even bothered with the Dream World, considering what I haven't touched my game even before Dream World opened. v__v maybe I'll pick up my White again someday, but lately I've just not been in the mood for playing Pokemon.
Try it, maybe it'll motivate you. You can have your fun in the Dream World even if you don't own any pokemon while there.
Old October 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post

Hey, it's actually a nice add-on. Loading and stuff is one thing, but to me it seems like a parallel adventure sometimes. Yo-ho~
It's just a hyped up Poke Plaza to me. Woo hoo mini games are fun for awhile but they do get a bit dull, which is why I got sick of playing Mario Party over and over again. I'd much rather have more things to do in-game post main story then Dream World, but at least it's better then nothing.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old October 19th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
^ me too.

But the fact that they said N was born from Pokemon parents means that he is possibly a Pokemon himself. Either a Ditto, a Mew, or a Zoroark! :o
I believe that there's a possibility of N being a Zoroark. Look at the way his hair is. It's like in a ponytail. Just like Zoroark. The difference is the colour but that could be explained if the other parent had green hair or something or like some green Pokemon. xD

I have never went on DW before and don't plan to. The only thing I like is the Pokemon artwork. I have totally dropped Pokemon gaming until probably like when another game comes out. x3

Old October 19th, 2011, 12:55 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
I believe that there's a possibility of N being a Zoroark. Look at the way his hair is. It's like in a ponytail. Just like Zoroark. The difference is the colour but that could be explained if the other parent had green hair or something or like some green Pokemon. xD

I have never went on DW before and don't plan to. The only thing I like is the Pokemon artwork. I have totally dropped Pokemon gaming until probably like when another game comes out. x3
I can see the ponytail thing too o.O The DW really has to make this Dream Pals thing better, instead of making people rely on chance of finding your friends.

I got compared to N today...
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:11 AM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Black was pretty fun for a while but the entertainment is starting to run out. It feels like there's not much replay value left. I'm thinking about restarting Heartgold to get my Pokemon fix.

Old October 19th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Zeffy
I'm Brawly! Dewford's Gym Leader!

If you can't get much replay value from B/W, then I guess that means you don't just like the game. I can't stand playing HG/SS for even up to Goldenrod/Morty, so I guess there's not much replay value for me in that game either. :x

Gym Leader Brawly wants to battle!
Machop (Lv. 17) - Guts - (Bulk Up, Karate Chop)
Makuhita (Lv. 18) - Guts - (Vital Throw, Arm Thrust)
November 21 / Staff Collab 2014
Note: if you think any of these information are spoilers then I implore you to reconsider your life choices.
Old October 19th, 2011, 05:05 AM
PelipperMail
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corrupt Plague View Post
Black was pretty fun for a while but the entertainment is starting to run out. It feels like there's not much replay value left. I'm thinking about restarting Heartgold to get my Pokemon fix.
I feel you, brother. Black and White just seem very... one-dimensional, and there is very little to do post-game. The plot is very basic, and it cannot be played more than once. It's almost a massive tutorial.

I also play SS when I want to get my PokéFix, not only because of the easy one-handed playing, great graphics, awesome region, and fantastic music, but ALL of my Pokémon follow me. Isn't that simply the best feature GF has ever implemented into a Pokémon game?
Old October 19th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
White didn't provide much replay value for me, either. It's too much of a chore trying to level grind, and there aren't really that many Pokemon I can choose from that I actually like. There's not much to do post-game, either.

Leaf Green and Pearl/Platinum are where I turn to if I want to play Pokemon again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old October 19th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I still find myself playing White at least once almost every day. Seems like it still holds replay value for me.
Old October 19th, 2011, 07:35 AM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelipperMail View Post

I feel you, brother. Black and White just seem very... one-dimensional, and there is very little to do post-game. The plot is very basic, and it cannot be played more than once. It's almost a massive tutorial.

I also play SS when I want to get my PokéFix, not only because of the easy one-handed playing, great graphics, awesome region, and fantastic music, but ALL of my Pokémon follow me. Isn't that simply the best feature GF has ever implemented into a Pokémon game?
Yeah, the follow me feature has to be one of my favorites. It's pretty cool to be able to walk and interact with your pokemon. The only thing I can think of right this second that can make it even better would be the ability to ride a pokemon instead of a bike because I'm just itching for a chance to use my shiny Rapidash as a mount. I know it's a bit unlikely but a guy can dream right?

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm going to ban you all for talking bad about Gen V. D:<

Although the last Pokemon games I seriously played were Ranger and Mystery Dungeon because I got them for my brithday. :3c
PM
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:42 AM
echolocated
Yet Another Wolver Clone

Nature: Lax
I only played MDs Red and Sky.
Ranger? I had to borrow my cousin's. It was fun, actually.

What's so bad about Gen V? I like it, even though some of the Pokemon weren't that original.
I actually always freak out whenever i lose my charger, like, now. xD

Dream World is nice for extra berries, and you can get Pokemon with moves they don't normally learn or abilities they don't normally have(even though they suck )
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Truality
Left for good

I've never bothered with the ranger series. The only lead I have about it is from the movie with the water temple... and it was a good movie.

Sponsored Links