Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page
DCC
Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread

Old February 7th, 2012 (01:57 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™:
Wii definitely needed a Colo/XD style game based on 4th gen Pokemon... sadly we never got one. maybe there will be a 5th gen sequel on either the 3DS or the Wii replacement console (which i can never remember the name of xD)
Wii U. Sounds weird, I know. xD I think PBR was supposed to be like Colosseum/XD but it failed...miserably. I do hope they released something 5th Gen for the Wii. Or else I foresee another thick layer of dust within the next few years...

I'm still trying to figure out how the 3-D effect of the 3DS would enhance any game's actual gameplay. It sounds more like a novelty to me, and could possibly serve as a distraction. I mean, with the 3-D turned off, is the thing any better graphically than the old DS hardware?
After reading this, I tested my friend's 3DS without the 3D effects on. I didn't notice any major difference regarding graphics, but then again I haven't touched my DS for over a year so I may not be accurate.
Old February 7th, 2012 (11:45 PM).
Classic Elegance
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Yeah that is a weird name, no wonder I can't remember it lol. PBR failed because of a lack of stuff to do... especially a story mode like in Colo/XD. About the only things they got right were introducing trainer customization, even as lacking as the PBR options were at least it was a start.

And I can't fathom shelling out money for a 3DS if the only improvement is what is essentially a novelty... at least not till there's a fair selection of exclusive games I actually want. Which of course means at least two or three good JRPGs. IIRC, I didn't buy a DS until D/P came out.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old February 8th, 2012 (12:44 AM).

Yeah that is a weird name, no wonder I can't remember it lol. PBR failed because of a lack of stuff to do... especially a story mode like in Colo/XD. About the only things they got right were introducing trainer customization, even as lacking as the PBR options were at least it was a start.

And I can't fathom shelling out money for a 3DS if the only improvement is what is essentially a novelty... at least not till there's a fair selection of exclusive games I actually want. Which of course means at least two or three good JRPGs. IIRC, I didn't buy a DS until D/P came out.
It sounds like some onomatopoeia to me. xD The only thing that drove me to complete PBR was those Pokemon they gave out (Electivire, Magmortar, Pikachu etc) which I sent to my Diamond and after I finished the game, I spent all the money on Mystery Gifts and never went back there ever again. Same here, I got my DS just before Platinum was released. The 3DS games haven't really caught my interest so far.
Old February 8th, 2012 (05:00 AM).
Classic Elegance
Gold Tier

Saying "Wii U" really fast kinda sounds like a police siren. I tried it myself xD And I didn't even bother with the special giveaway Pokemon (my team was already set in stone) so I just blew all my PBR cash on the rare berries and outfits for my character (even though I couldn't take her on a mission to defeat Cipher).

One, maybe two 3DS games appeal to me, and that's simply not enough for me to get one.

And am I the only one who thinks it would be odd to spread this generation of Pokemon games across two platforms? Though because of timing of the B/W release, it might be necessary...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old February 8th, 2012 (08:26 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Saying "Wii U" really fast kinda sounds like a police siren. I tried it myself xD And I didn't even bother with the special giveaway Pokemon (my team was already set in stone) so I just blew all my PBR cash on the rare berries and outfits for my character (even though I couldn't take her on a mission to defeat Cipher).

One, maybe two 3DS games appeal to me, and that's simply not enough for me to get one.

And am I the only one who thinks it would be odd to spread this generation of Pokemon games across two platforms? Though because of timing of the B/W release, it might be necessary...
AHAHAHAHAHA YEAH LOL.

I wish I hadn't read that now, it's gonna get stuck in my head.
Old February 8th, 2012 (08:39 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Wuu?

There's a resolution difference on the 3DS and the DS, and major graphical processing upgrades, so yeah even if they didn't use 3D (think SMT:Devil Survivor Overclocked) it would still have increased graphics if they designed it for the 3DS.

I don't use my 3DS much anymore but I lovedddd it when I first got it. And I can't wait for the inevitable 3DS third game because it'll be great and amazing and I love the 3D even though everyone else hates it.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 8th, 2012 (09:01 AM).
-CONQUERER

I don't hate it Trolljours. It's a cute gimmick at first but after a while, I don't bother using it when playing.
Old February 8th, 2012 (09:53 AM).
Classic Elegance
Gold Tier

Yeah, if I ever get a 3DS I may or may not end up having the 3-D effect switched on. It all depends on whether the game looks better with it or if it's just distracting. And whether it disorients me. And from what I've read that could vary from game to game... some publishers seem to know how to use it while others just randomly throw 3-D effects into games because they can.

And it's more like a "weeeee-uuuu" sound.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old February 12th, 2012 (01:30 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't use the 3D very much anymore either when I'm playing games, because if I'm playing Mario Kart or something and till the 3DS, then the 3D goes blurry and it makes it harder.
Old February 17th, 2012 (12:00 PM).
-CONQUERER

A whole working week without any posts in this topic. What is the world coming to, Trolljours? So let me ask this random ass question then. What kind of villains do you think the 6th generation of Pokemon games will have?
Old February 17th, 2012 (11:41 PM).
Classic Elegance
Gold Tier

Personally, I'd like to see a return to the old gangster style of villains like Team Rocket. Either that or a crazy group of religious fanatics that view Pikachu as their prophet and try to overpopulate the world with them... with Priest Red as their head honcho And that's the effect that years of living in Mount Silver in complete solitude has on a person's brain...

The latter group can be given the oh-so-imaginative name, "Team Pika."

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old February 18th, 2012 (05:34 AM).
spacing out
Battle Server
CS

I am for the gangster villains like Team Rocket was. They have always been, and always will be my favourite villains. Team Galaxy and Plasma were just not making sense to me, whatever their goal was.
suck all day on a cherry stone

dig a little hole, not three inches round
spit your pit in the hole in the ground
weep upon the spot for the starving of me!
till up grow a fine young cherry tree

────────────────────────
battle server moderator
Old February 18th, 2012 (05:35 AM).
the things i do for love ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BS
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I agree with Team Pika. I also want gangster villains. Either that or add more silly game mechanics! xD
t
o
o
n

n
e
t
w
o
r
k

staff collab
april 2o15
Old February 18th, 2012 (12:59 PM).
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Drakow:
A whole working week without any posts in this topic. What is the world coming to, Trolljours? So let me ask this random ass question then. What kind of villains do you think the 6th generation of Pokemon games will have?
Ok, so we already have the mob (Rocket), Specialized environmentalists (Aqua and Magma), A cult (Galaxy), and PETA (Plasma)...

I think we could probably see a fascist team, where the grunts are actually fearful of their higher up ruler. That would be cool to break up.
Old February 19th, 2012 (05:36 AM).
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Yoshikkko:
I am for the gangster villains like Team Rocket was. They have always been, and always will be my favourite villains. Team Galaxy and Plasma were just not making sense to me, whatever their goal was.
If I recall correctly, Galaxy's leader wanted to recreate the world, free of humans or something. I thought Plasma (on the surface) was pretty straight forward (protect Pokemon from human "abuse"). The hidden motive of the leader was pretty clear as well (power).
Quote originally posted by Archenoth:
I think we could probably see a fascist team, where the grunts are actually fearful of their higher up ruler. That would be cool to break up. :)
I don't think you actually know what fascism means, but judging by your description, Plasma fit that quite well.

An actually fascist group would be pretty interesting though, but I don't believe Pokemon really has the concept of nations for that to even be possible. Hell, we've never even seen anything like a Government or state aye? Everything just comes magically. That said, there was a war in the past, so they could link it to that and develop it.
Old February 19th, 2012 (05:58 AM).
spacing out
Battle Server
CS

Quote originally posted by Amachi:
If I recall correctly, Galaxy's leader wanted to recreate the world, free of humans or something. I thought Plasma (on the surface) was pretty straight forward (protect Pokemon from human "abuse"). The hidden motive of the leader was pretty clear as well (power).
Well, what I meant was that Team Plasma contradicts themselves by using Pokémon whilst having the goal to free them of humans.

────────────────────────
battle server moderator
Old February 19th, 2012 (06:06 AM).
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Amachi:
I don't think you actually know what fascism means, but judging by your description, Plasma fit that quite well.

An actually fascist group would be pretty interesting though, but I don't believe Pokemon really has the concept of nations for that to even be possible. Hell, we've never even seen anything like a Government or state aye? Everything just comes magically. That said, there was a war in the past, so they could link it to that and develop it.
This is actually what I mean, and to be honest I actually never really thought of Team Plasma that way until you mentioned it... They would fit under that description since they share that same form of identity.

But to have a violent political clash between groups would make for an interesting game. Where the lower downs don't actually want to fight, but do because of orders, or possibly fear...

I doubt a theme like this will exist in the Pokemon world, but one can muse...
Old February 19th, 2012 (05:22 PM).
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Yoshikkko:
Well, what I meant was that Team Plasma contradicts themselves by using Pokémon whilst having the goal to free them of humans.
Ah ok. Well yeah, they're hypocrites as well.
Quote originally posted by Archenoth:
This is actually what I mean, and to be honest I actually never really thought of Team Plasma that way until you mentioned it... They would fit under that description since they share that same form of identity.

But to have a violent political clash between groups would make for an interesting game. Where the lower downs don't actually want to fight, but do because of orders, or possibly fear...

I doubt a theme like this will exist in the Pokemon world, but one can muse...
I don't think fear is all too realistic (or characteristic) of fascist groups. Sure they can influence outsiders through fear and intimidation, but members often support the values of the group, perhaps with a cult-like fixation like Galaxy.

I would like to see a Pokemon game set during a war or something Lt. Surge was in a war, so they exist in the series.
Old February 24th, 2012 (05:15 AM).

What about a Nazi-themed villainous group? With a totalitarian dictator as the leader who wants wipe out Pokemon, while using brainwashed Pokemon to slay their own kind. Seems possible. :o
Old February 24th, 2012 (05:45 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Do you think they'd get so dark as to reference Nazis? XD I'm not sure they'd actually go that far. Although destroying the world is objectively worse, it's like a cartoon villain dream, as opposed to Nazis.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 24th, 2012 (09:12 AM).
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Toujours:
Do you think they'd get so dark as to reference Nazis? XD I'm not sure they'd actually go that far. Although destroying the world is objectively worse, it's like a cartoon villain dream, as opposed to Nazis.
Yeah.... Nazis + Pokémon = never gonna happen. Ever.
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Old February 24th, 2012 (09:17 AM).
CS

They could do it. Maybe not overly, but they could. We've had the mafia (Rocket), environmental terrorists (Aqua/Magma), fanatical cults (Galactic), and whatever you want to call Plasma.

Actually, now that I look at it, they've been moving to less realistic villain teams with every new game.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 24th, 2012 (09:31 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Plasma is PETA.

They might be able to do Nazis if they did like...just the idea and no actual references, like what they've done in the past. The idea of wiping out just Pokemon and leaving all humans to live without them could be done somewhat tastefully I think.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 24th, 2012 (12:16 PM).
spacing out
Battle Server
CS

People would be onto that though and maybe it would become controversial etc or some people might not approve of something like that being referenced in a childs game and blah blah.

────────────────────────
battle server moderator
Old February 26th, 2012 (09:07 PM).

So, I'm horrible with names. But I wanted to name my pokemon team. Heres what I'm using, and their role.

ferrothorn - lead, entry hazards.
Hydreigon - special sweeper.
Chandelure - special sweeper.
Garchomp - physical sweeper.
Lucario - physical sweeper.
alomomola - cleric.

I'm thinking of naming Hydreigon Omega. Not sure the other 5.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links