The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Aphelion
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
HG/SS is the best, I love the walking Pokemin thing, I like seeing the overworld sprites shiny too, thats really cool. Im training for Red in Soul Silver. I gotta beat him so I can get my other starters.
Which starter did you choose?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
My father scolded me for my love of pokemon seeing that I'm 18 and all.
Why?

When someone genuinely enjoys something, that harms no one, why can't they enjoy it? And why does it seem to differ from place to place what is acceptable to like?

I am 20, and Pokemon is really quite common around here. Most fans I know are actually older than I am.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Aphelion
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archenoth View Post
Why?

When someone genuinely enjoys something, that harms no one, why can't they enjoy it? And why does it seem to differ from place to place what is acceptable to like?

I am 20, and Pokemon is really quite common around here. Most fans I know are actually older than I am.
Well, he just thinks I need to grow out of these childish games. I've been in love with pokemon since it first came out in 1995-96 and I never stopped the love coming. It's just a small passion and stress relieve of mine and it really is annoying when someone nags you about it EVERY SINGLE TIME they catch you playing.
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
I will never grow out of Pokemon. ;x The problem with my age group is that people will say "OMG I LOVE POKEMON" and then will only like R/B/G/S and I'll get so....incredibly....angry
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I will never grow out of Pokemon. ;x The problem with my age group is that people will say "OMG I LOVE POKEMON" and then will only like R/B/G/S and I'll get so....incredibly....angry
That's no good, you'll end up losing weight.

I get annoyed when people claim they are into something but it turns out that they have just scratched the surface of the matter or they are inconsistent with it - like on and off with the hobby or whatever.
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Yoshikkko
underdog

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
I probably won't either but, hah? I don't really get what you meant Touj haha, isn't it more like the other way around, when people say they love Pokémon and they only like 4th/5th gen? Cause that's something of "our" agegroup specifically because we grew up with the first few generations.
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Well people my age will have played the first two and then not any of the new ones and then they'll claim they LOVE POKEMON SO MUCH and won't even know anything about it and it just makes me so mad haha.
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Yoshikkko
underdog

Ooh like that, yeah I guess I can see that. Even though I like the previous generations more I did play the newer games and I'm actively playing competitive so I'm all good hahaha.
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Yeah at least you're aware of the newer games and are making a choice "I don't like them as much as the old ones", the people I'm talking about are the kind that latched onto Pokemon back when it was a fad and then drifted off when it stopped being a fad and haven't cared about it at all since then haha.
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Yoshikkko
underdog

Yeah no that's annoying, I agree with you on that. I guess one of my former friends was like that, she played it because I did and we were friends at the moment and then she totally grew out of it when we stopped seeing eachother, but I can easily imagine her saying that she's a Pokémon fan just to.. have something incommon with me haha. Or however you'd describe that.
Old March 31st, 2012, 06:27 AM
Aphelion
Unhatched Egg

I completely understand what you guys are talking about, I could see some of my "friends" saying that, just to appear "cute" or cool, I suppose.
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM
Sanguinius
CoquettishCat

Quote:
Yeah at least you're aware of the newer games and are making a choice "I don't like them as much as the old ones", the people I'm talking about are the kind that latched onto Pokemon back when it was a fad and then drifted off when it stopped being a fad and haven't cared about it at all since then haha.
The people like that don't actually bother me that much. The ones that get to me are the Pokemon hipsters who hate on anyone who enjoys any of the games from Gen III on. If they don't enjoy the newer games, that's cool; if they don't have the time or money to pick up the newer games, but like to reminisce about how much they enjoyed the old games, that's cool too. It's when they try to tell you that the newer games are bad and that you should feel bad for liking them - that's what bothers me D:<

PairVMPM

Which is a better life?
Long and dull

Short and full

Old April 9th, 2012, 02:41 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Well people my age will have played the first two and then not any of the new ones and then they'll claim they LOVE POKEMON SO MUCH and won't even know anything about it and it just makes me so mad haha.
At least you don't have to deal with people in my age group not knowing what a Bulbasaur is. ALLOFMYRAGE.
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Nature: Quirky
Outside of forums, I've rarely had to deal with the "x generation is the best and z generation sucks" people. My group of friends who play Pokemon, we pretty much discuss all generations of the franchise. Though I admittedly check out of the conversation whenever the anime starts being discussed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Each generation has its own good and bad points, and I for one am hard-pressed to call one a "favorite" or to say one is downright "horrible."

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
Everybody I know in real life is pretty much of the opinion that Gen 1 is good and the rest are crap. To be honest, it's just the sign of a casual Pokemon fan who can't be bothered changing with the times.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Yoshikkko
underdog

I can see where they're coming from with that, especially if they are not involved with Pokémon like we are atm (Pokémon forum etc) and didn't bother to play the games anymore as they grew up like most of us did, so it's sort of natural that they don't like the newer gens, which would in its turn prevent them from playing the games in the first place, so it's sort of a vicious cycle haha.
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:07 PM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
Haha, heard of them in the Pokémemes (I'm sorry I go on there ) But there's a lot of people who are like "hurrdurr gen1" and we call them genwunners. Everyone else is logical and believes that fact should go before personal opinion but somehow the genwunners have set up some sort of an alliance and now all we get are the "hurrdurr gen1"-type posts that make it onto the front page.

...Okay and you were saying?

could you ····ing not
·
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Haha, heard of them in the Pokémemes (I'm sorry I go on there ) But there's a lot of people who are like "hurrdurr gen1" and we call them genwunners. Everyone else is logical and believes that fact should go before personal opinion but somehow the genwunners have set up some sort of an alliance and now all we get are the "hurrdurr gen1"-type posts that make it onto the front page.

...Okay and you were saying?
I hate those Genwunners, they miss out on great opportunities to explore outside of Kanto.

I'm a true Pokefan, not a Pokefan who thinks the only Pokemon existing are the Original 151...

And yes, Pokememes is one of the best sites dumping memes about Genwunners. Here's some of my fave memes to do with 'em Genwunners:

Spoiler:

Everyone is looking forward to B2/W2... even me.

He's right, I don't hate any particular generation. But just like how there are Genwunners, there are Gentwoers, Genthreers, Genfourers and Genfivers. I'm a Genfiver cos I love most of the Unova Pokemon.

I'm with the 3rd line, I'm a true Pokefan.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old April 18th, 2012, 12:17 AM
KupoTime
Beginning Trainer

Hope I can post this here. I'm just needing suggestions and advice on what I should do about his pants and belt, I haven't found much help searching online and if anyone has advice I'd appreciate it a ton.

This is regarding a Touya/Black cosplay. I was told it might be accurate to post here?
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
Hm...what exactly does it look like as of now? I'm sure we can help you here.

could you ····ing not
·
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Best idea for the pants would be to buy a regular pair of the pants the same color as the primary color of his (best to get them at a thrift store, since you'll be altering them anyway), then buy material at a crafts store to make the smaller details of the pants.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
KupoTime
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
Best idea for the pants would be to buy a regular pair of the pants the same color as the primary color of his (best to get them at a thrift store, since you'll be altering them anyway), then buy material at a crafts store to make the smaller details of the pants.
Yeah. I thought this too, but I'm not sure what pants to buy as a nice base.

I'm sure the belt is simple enough to find in a clothing store though.
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
TalkingZero
Beginning Trainer

Why wont anyone hug Cloyster?

Just because he's not as cute as Clefairy or Jigglypuff doesn't mean he doesn't like to be hugged!

So the next time you go swimming, be sure to give a big, warm hug to any Cloysters that swim past

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Gonna merge this into the DCC since it's died down a bit and this could expand a bit into which Pokemon you think is cute that others don't, which you would hug, etc.

I would hug a Volcarona even if it might burn me. :(
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:49 AM
Yoshikkko
underdog

I would definitely hug Flaaffy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links