Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page DCC Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread

Old August 28th, 2013 (05:18 AM).
ffet

Nature: Relaxed
I'd imagine Fire types would just burn the dirt and grime off of them, considering that they don't react well with water.

Anyways, since we have a clothes thread now, I say it's time for a new topic

What Pokémon would you find living near your house?

Pachirisu and Buneary because my yard is littered with squirrels and rabbits, Miltank and Grumpig because there are many farms around my house, Stantler because I'll see the occasional deer on the side of the road, and Murkrow because they litter my trees.
Old August 28th, 2013 (07:27 AM).
keep out. seriously.
Moderator, CS

Nature: Gentle
Oh, I believe that question was an actual topic a while ago here in this section! But let's see...

Bunearys, that new Bunny Pokemon, Pachirisu would be the most common wild Pokemon in my area. A lot of people would have Ponytas and Rapidash, since where I live a lot of people have horses. Also Miltanks since we have several pastures with a lot of cows in 'em. We have more animals but I don't really believe that there is a good Pokemon suited for the animal in question (like Armadillos. I suppose Sandshrew would be the closest but that's still a bit of a long shot).
Old August 28th, 2013 (11:01 PM).
A Scene In Between
Moderator, BSCS

Where I live, trees are completely filled with birds. In real life, I'd probably be having a lot of flying-type Pokémon near my house such as Taillow, Spearow, and Pidgey. We'd have some Caterpie and Weedle in our backyard, since we always seem to encounter some caterpillars every time we're there. We'd also have a couple of Herdier running around here and there since my neighbors have pet dogs, and maybe even some Poochyena during the nighttime.
Old August 29th, 2013 (03:32 AM).
adventure seeker
Moderator, CS

Nature: Naive
Wingull and Murkrow, probably. And Pidove. And Rattata because I've seen rats! And the occasional Buneary and Deerling scuttling around the forest. And some Delcatty and Glameow running around the streets, being people's pets.

mod of Roleplay Theatre and Pokémon General
paired with seeker, creator of Phoenix Rising
Old August 29th, 2013 (04:36 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I would like to hereby announce that no Pokémon will be living near my house. All Pokémon, in a 5000m radius from my house, would be begging to come inside it, so I would hereby let them inside my house, and opening the door will practically mean downfall of my house, when it will become one with the earth, so logically all Pokémon would live in my house (since the earth is my house now), thus none will live around it.

In retrospect to the statement, if my house wasn't so overwhelmingly popular, I'd admit with huge embarrassment that only Patrat, Murkrow, Pidgey, Lillipup and Purrloin would live near my house. Cats, birds, dogs and rats. Oh, and also the Ratata, the Glameow and other varieties, probably.
Old August 29th, 2013 (04:47 AM).
Moderator, CS

Nature: Jolly
I'm not sure on the type of Pokémon that would live around my house, but all I can think of for now would be Pidove because there are quite a lot of doves that live around me
Old August 29th, 2013 (01:26 PM).

Just saw this link on Facebook, and thought these looked pretty cool!

Check out the rest here.

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old August 29th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
Student Linguist

Nature: Quirky
The only Pokemon that I would actually allow or want to be in my house would be the ghost type. This is because 1) They really don't take up space, because they can't take up space per se. 2) They are really playful which is nice to have in a home, and 3) they make a great game of hide n' seek .

As for around my house I wouldn't mind, unless it was a poison type or a dangerous electric type like Magneton or something.
Old August 30th, 2013 (02:45 AM).
I am legend

Quote originally posted by atomtanned:

Check out the rest here.
The poster forgot the "FOR FREE" part that shouts on your face with daylight.
I really think Nurse Joy needs a donation box. Or some kind of tip payment. She does way too much work for us.
Old August 30th, 2013 (04:47 AM).
ffet

Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
The poster forgot the "FOR FREE" part that shouts on your face with daylight.
I really think Nurse Joy needs a donation box. Or some kind of tip payment. She does way too much work for us.
I'm pretty sure she gets paid by the hour or by a weekly salary. In the anime, it seems that Chansey/Audino do most of the work anyways. In the games, all she does is put Pokémon on a machine which does all the work for her, so no tip necessary
Old August 31st, 2013 (01:55 AM).
I am legend

Quote originally posted by jsziede:
I'm pretty sure she gets paid by the hour or by a weekly salary. In the anime, it seems that Chansey/Audino do most of the work anyways. In the games, all she does is put Pokémon on a machine which does all the work for her, so no tip necessary :P
You're forgetting the standing there on the counter 24-7 and always greet and goodbye the trainer, with perfect kindness and everything part. And I believe there are no night shifts, because only one sister a town.

Yes, that's also true, the Chansey and Audino do most of the work. Something like the whole championship thing, you win solely because of your Pokémon and you get crowned champion and hailed by everyone and all that, but what does your Pokémon get? A silly group photo and that's it. Nobody will come and look at you and say, "Hey, that Garchomp beat the Pokémon League for Elaite! He's so beast!" (Elaite being my chosen name); they'll just say, "Hey, that's Elaite's Garchomp! Elaite's the Pokémon Champion! He's so cool!"

And whoever was the one saying "Pokémon are just mere tools", he's right to the bean.
Old August 31st, 2013 (01:30 PM).
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by atomtanned:

Check out the rest here.
I love these... I really do. they're amazing!

Pokemon I'd find by my house:

Miltank and Tauros. Lots and lots of them.
Ponyta/Rapidash
4 Magikarps/Feebas/Goldeen (but prolly Magikarps) in my fishtank
Beedrills,
Butterfrees
Pidove
Murkrow
Pidgey
Ratatta
Vulpix (at night)
Spinda (other bunny-mons)
A crap ton of Pikachu in my house (cause we had mice recently)

Speaking of which, why does nobody worry about the 3 foot high, triple-stingered BEES/WASPS in the Pokemon world?! Worrying!
Old September 1st, 2013 (09:03 AM).
keep out. seriously.
Moderator, CS

Oh, I completely forgot about the many many Durants that would be around the house killing our water supply. And they're much bigger than normal ants too so that would also be terrifying oh god. Let's face it. Bugs can be very terrifying in the Pokemon world considering their size compared to the sizes they are in our world. Except Joltik.
Old September 1st, 2013 (09:06 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I think Joltik would be even more terrifying - could you imagine your house being infested with tiny little ticks capable of giving you hugely powerful electric shocks? It sounds scary to me - give me a Beautifly infestation any day!
Old September 1st, 2013 (09:12 AM).
keep out. seriously.
Moderator, CS

hahaha. I was talking how Joltik is like the only one that is of actual spider size. Every other spider and other insect like Pokemon are x10 bigger than they are in our world. That said Joltik would be like one of those small spiders we have that can really harm you if you're not careful. And it is does hit you might not even know.

Beautifly I can understand though hahaa. They would probably be harmless compared to Beedrill, Durant, Galvantula, etc etc.
Old September 1st, 2013 (09:42 AM).
ffet

But you'd think a Joltik could be easily squashed. I don't know how a tiny spider could even survive being splashed by a Magikarp. Same thing with Caterpie and Weedle, and maybe Wurmple, I can't remember its size. But yeah, most Bug type Pokémon are way bigger than their real life counterparts. Just imagine getting stung by a Beedrill... I can see why in the anime everyone runs in terror whenever they see a wild one.
Old September 1st, 2013 (03:02 PM).
The last Saskatchewan pirate.
Moderator, CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Like it's been said though, the biggest problem with stepping on a Joltik is that I imagine they'd give you a pretty good shock for doing so (much like a bee or wasp might sting your foot for stepping on it). Granted, 4"/10 cm is still pretty noticeable, so while it still is the smallest Pokemon, I don't think too many people would go stepping on them.

As for the Pokemon that would live around my house, I'd expect to see quite a few Murkrow and Wingull. My neighbors also have a chicken coop in their backyard, which would be infinitely cooler if it contained Torchic.
Old September 1st, 2013 (03:40 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
Despite its pathetic size Joltik is still as big as some real life tarantulas, I doubt many people would step over a tarantula.
Old September 1st, 2013 (03:50 PM).
keep out. seriously.
Moderator, CS

The size of a tarantula + can send out electric waves if threatened + can eat electricity in general = quite a force to be reckon'd with!
Old September 1st, 2013 (06:31 PM).
A Scene In Between
Moderator, BSCS

I might try to have my Pokémon scare them away, but I'd never step on Joltik. I've never, ever stepped on a spider in real life (not even accidentally), and I'm not planning to. It's just too cruel for me, haha. Also, Joltik are just too cute! How could you hurt such a thing?
Old September 1st, 2013 (06:52 PM).
have you seen my bear tibbers
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
in Pokepark 2, joltik is so tiny you can barely see him in the game. he's adorable.

ThemePairMy GalleryHeiwaTrade ThreadPokeEggs!

Old September 2nd, 2013 (02:00 AM).
Currently on summerhiatus
Gold Tier, CS

Speaking of Pokepark 2, the things I loved most about it is the Dance attraction and HOLY CRAP ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HELPING ME WITH A PORTAL HOLY CRAP THE ARMY OF POKEMANZ.

Yeah, that stuff pretty much made the game for me.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (11:34 PM).
adventure seeker
Moderator, CS

I hate spiders! But Joltik is okay cute and Ariados is okay cool. I generally despise bugs, but bug pokémon are some favorites of mine. Pokémon are just a bit better than animals, sometimes, haha.

I never played a Poképark game. I do want to pick up PMD2 again though. It was nice.

mod of Roleplay Theatre and Pokémon General
paired with seeker, creator of Phoenix Rising
Old September 3rd, 2013 (03:08 AM).
ffet

Speaking of Joltik, there must be hundreds of them crawling around my yard. I can't stay outside for more than five minutes without walking into a cobweb
Old September 3rd, 2013 (03:28 AM).
Moderator, CS

Nature: Jolly
Joltik is a very cute Pokémon indeed, and it amazed me to see how small it was when shown in the anime.. I had thought they were bigger than the size of them in the anime, but then again, official artwork and sprites don't help to that

(inb4 people say I could have looked at the height of one)

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)