Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Yeah, unless it's a tiny pokémon that requires lots and lots of energy to maintain its power. Maybe a really energetic Victini would need to eat a whole lot in order to stay powered up.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old September 14th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
Or Munchlax, I would hate to have one of those things. I would go broke buying food all the time! It's not a legendary pokemon, but it's a legendary eater all the same.
Proud Moderator of Fan Fiction and Writing
PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Old September 14th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Totally xD

There are some grass pokémon who only feed off sunlight, aren't there?

¤
Old September 14th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
If Bulbapedia's to be believed, Sunflora gains its nutrients through photosynthesis, though I'm assuming it can eat regular food, too. There might be a few more Grass types that uses photosynthesis for nutrients too, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

And I definitely wouldn't want to own a Munchlax (or a Snorlax for that matter).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Pearl
It stops eating only to sleep. It doesn't feel full unless it eats nearly 900 pounds (400 kg) a day.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old September 14th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Nolafus

Venusaur is one as well, going from its Yellow Pokedex entry:
Quote:
The flower on its back catches the sun's rays. The sunlight is then absorbed and used for energy.
PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Old September 14th, 2013, 03:45 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
If you had a large Legendary Pokémon or were in charge of feeding a large Legendary Pokémon, how much food would it take to actually feed a Legendary Pokémon of large size?
Well Groudon would have to eat alot of small animals, desert animals but that would mean he has to eat alot because there is not much nutrients in the desert so his diet would be a lot bigger.

Kyogre would feed off semi large fish like Sharpedo and Carrocasta

Rayquaza would probably feed on small villages.

Lugia, well we do not know what it could feed on maybe aerodactyls.

PairFriend Code
Old September 14th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Nolafus

Quote:
Rayquaza would probably feed on small villages.
This made me laugh.

I couldn't even imagine having any of those pokemon, let alone feeding it. You would have to be a billionaire. Even that might not even be enough! We haven't even touched shelter and the like, since I imagine it gets quite boring in those pokeballs and pokemon might want to see the outside world once every decade.
PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Old September 15th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Why would anything want to eat an Aerodactyl ;; Isn't that a rock gargoyle? Maybe it would be a nice Sunday dinner for a family of Aron/Lairon/Aggron.

¤
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I could imagine Pidgeot, Staraptor, Fearow, and some other bird Pokémon feeding on a variety of snake-like creatures such as Ekans, Servine, Arbok, Seviper, etc. Those who are not fully-evolved would be eating Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, and other type of caterpillars. Birds do like to eat snakes and worms in real life, don't they? o: Also, since bears like to eat animals that are smaller than they are, I could see Ursaring and Snorlax feeding on Pichu, Pikachu, Poochyena, Torchic, and various other Pokémon who are small in size.
for all distractions.
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Furrets apparently hunt Rattata according to the Pokedex. Pidgeot it also another Pokemon who hunts a Pokemon. It's Magikarp though, which makes me wonder how hard a Pidgeot's beak and talons are to break through those really hard scales of Magikarp so it can eat it. I know they aren't the only Pokemon in general either whose Pokedex entries talk about eating another Pokemon. Can't remember any more (though I'm pretty certain one of them speaks of eating Caterpie).
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well, Pokemon are the Pokemon world equivalent of animals so I'm not really surprised.
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Wobbu
γ ℯ ℯ

Nature: Relaxed
What about people eating Pokémon? I remember an original series anime episode showing a picture of sliced Magikarp haha. Seems strange, but I guess it's no different than me eating fish. I've been inspired for a new topic!

What foods and drinks from the Pokémon world would you enjoy?

I'm sure I would love MooMoo Milk. It's delicious and healthy at the same time :D
I've always wondered what a Rage Candy Bar tastes like, so I would definitely try that too. I bet Magikarp are also very tasty >:3

Avatar Source | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Casteliacone looks delicious. On the other hand Lava cookie kind reminds me of gingersnap cookies or something like that.
Old September 16th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Nolafus

I wouldn't mind trying berry juice. Who knows? Maybe it could be used in an awesome smoothie. I like my smoothies.
PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Pokeblocks are just a bunch of berries mashed together into a hard candy, right? I think those would be pretty good, as long as you aren't using any of the spicy berries like the Figy or Cheri Berry. And considering how popular Casteliacones are supposed to be, I'd love to try one of those as well.

Old September 16th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
Pokeblocks are just a bunch of berries mashed together into a hard candy, right? I think those would be pretty good, as long as you aren't using any of the spicy berries like the Figy or Cheri Berry. And considering how popular Casteliacones are supposed to be, I'd love to try one of those as well.
I'd imagine what Casteliacones, Pokeblocks or Poffins would taste like. Pokemon food sure looks delicious indeed!
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Yeah, pokeblocks would be like healthy nutrient berry bars kinda. Awesome. Also, I'd love me a lava cookie and moo moo milk. Maybe with some chocolate in it :3

Would you dare to pick a fruit from a Tropius and eat it as it is?

¤
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I'd want to give RageCandyBar a try. According to its description in HeartGold and SoulSilver, a lot of people love this candy. This actually makes me want to find out how it really tastes like and what makes it so great. xD I would also like to taste some of their poffins. They are like muffins, but they just have a little more flavor since they're mixed with a variety of berries.
for all distractions.
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Would you dare to pick a fruit from a Tropius and eat it as it is?
If ever I came back alive from picking said fruit, then heck yeah I would eat the life out of that Tropius fruit. Haha

I assume whenever someone tries to take a fruit from Tropius, it would start to engage said person/Pokemon/whatever. So it would be like climbing King Kong while he tries to kill you; you either never come back or come back bruised but fruitful |D

lame puns are lame
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Ermah, Zeffy.

I'm more thinking that it's creepy to eat something that grew on a living being. Like cutting a piece of Parasect's mushroom and have on your pizza, or grabbing some of Oddish's weeds for a salad. But they are grass types, so they are sort of plants. Just like a Geodude is kind of a rock.

¤
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
But don't Parasects just grow more mushrooms over time?
Denny Hamlin. ugh so late
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't necessarily kill them. I just think it's a bit like eating your human pal's finger or something xD

¤
Old September 21st, 2013, 11:10 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I don't think I would ever try cutting something off of a Pokémon. If we do that, then they would most likely get hurt, and I'd be absolutely terrified to see the looks on their faces. D: But if they don't get hurt, then maybe I would consider pulling off a few cherries from Cherubi every once in a while and throw them in my mouth whenever I'm hungry. These cherries would probably have a different taste than regular cherries, since they're grown on Pokémon and not on plants.
for all distractions.
Old September 21st, 2013, 11:24 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Apparently Tropius actually lets children and other Pokemon pick the fruit off its neck, so I don't think I'd have a problem with eating it, as long as it didn't come from my own Tropius. Same with something like a Chansey's egg or a Paras' mushroom- I don't know how comfortable I'd be in eating something knowing my own Pokemon produced it, but I'd have no problem getting them store bought (similar to chicken eggs).

Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:05 AM
Nolafus

In the anime, they show several things being picked off of pokemon from Grotle's nuts on the bushes on his back, to Tropius' fruit off of its neck. If the pokemon is friendly, I think they'll let you take off the various edibles. However, if it will hurt, I don't think I would have the heart to do it.
PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here