The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

View Poll Results: Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?
YES! 20 74.07%
May try a smaller/different target (e.g. 25,000 words, 10,000 words) 5 18.52%
NO! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 1st, 2011 (02:00 PM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
I've started but I'm torn between two stories. XD Both have a decent beginning for today but I'm concerned for it. XD

Old November 1st, 2011 (03:11 PM).
Legendarian Mistress
Fic Writer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Legendarian Mistress Send a message via Yahoo to Legendarian Mistress
I'm doing it for the first time this year. I've finished part 1 of mine, and will be moving to part 2 later today.
Old November 1st, 2011 (06:10 PM).
Mario The World Champion
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Community Supporter

Despite that snowstorm we had in my area and being without power until Monday night, I started my NaNoWriMo journey and have gotten 1917 words done.

A good start.

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Old November 1st, 2011 (09:55 PM). Edited November 1st, 2011 by Charlie Kelly.
Charlie Kelly
King of the Rats

Well, day 1 was a bust for me, but I hope I can double up day 2 and get to ~3500 words.

I need to make up a writing playlist. Listening to Sirius radio isn't working. I can't write to Coldplay or John Mayer. I guess I'll have to live with Pandora.

192 words at the time of this post. 507 is where I'm stopping tonight. I need some sleep.
Old November 4th, 2011 (09:52 AM).
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

I've managed up to 3802, at the present moment. Far behind where I want to be, but I'm quite pleased with what I've written. I'm going to attempt a big writing spurt this weekend. Hopefully I'll get to around eight thousand by Monday morning.

I've found that it's a rather refreshing way to write. Usually I'm very critical of what I write - I go back and edit things constantly. If I can't get something to "sound right" I get frustrated with what I'm writing and stop, then get reluctant to go back to it.
Old November 4th, 2011 (10:51 AM).
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
So far I got around 3,100 words on my NaNo project. I was hoping I would get a bit more done, but so far I'm satisfied with what I wrote. Some parts I might have to revise, but that can be later. I plan to get quite more writing done today and the next few days after I get few things taken care of first.
Old November 4th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
Esper

I really expected to have more free time for this. As it is I feel asleep working on it last night and have been using today to play catch up. I've gotten to 5000 words now, but I also gotta get today's share added to that or I'll be behind forever. D: At least I'm not angsting over the stuff I've already written.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 4th, 2011 (03:03 PM).
Sgt Shock
Goldsmith

Nature: Calm
I'm about at 5000 now in my work. But I'm expecting a drastic drop in my work's progress (MW3 and Skyrim, why you come out on this month?). At any rate, it has been a good month for writing for the most part. NaNo actually has an official site that I only heard about yesterday. It sounds interesting.

"To me, jumping out into the rainy sky on a mad night is nothing more than a bit of fun to go with a drink." -Kinzo
Old November 4th, 2011 (07:58 PM).
Mario The World Champion
Community Supporter

I'm now past the 8000 mark at the end of today. So, I'm averaging 2000 words a day. This is my usual tactic because I want to have a few days buffer in case something happens and I can't write.

Old November 4th, 2011 (10:12 PM).
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

I'm currently at around 6,000 words and am rapidly losing focus and interest D:

3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu

Old November 5th, 2011 (03:27 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I had no power for the past week. :D

After just getting power back last night and before having to go to bed because I work early on the weekends, I tried to catch up to the general NaNo word count. I got 4202 words typed, using the first chapters of two fics.

My plan is to get what I have written for all the fics I have for one particular fandom and see which one catches my interest enough to be poked at for an entire month.
Old November 7th, 2011 (05:31 PM).
Felly
The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
I'm glad it's NaNoWriMo time because it gives me something to do with my life. (: I'm actually going to start bringing mine to school because I'm starting to fall behind, & I wanted to be at 25,000 by the 15th, which is next Tuesday. I'm at 9,000 some odd words, & today's goal is 11,000 some odd words. But November is a slack month, I have no school tomorrow, no school Friday, & Thanksgiving break, so I think I'll be fine. I don't have to be at rehearsal every day now, which makes me glad, so I'm spending my time at home typing my heart out.

I have a friend who organizes the get together at the library I volunteer at, and she insists that there's no way one could have a social life, go to school, AND get 50,000 words in NaNoWriMo. I intend to prove her wrong, one way or another. And even if I have 49,999 words, I will edit the hell out of my novel to get there.

Mmmkay, so I haven't really told anyone except a handful of friends at school what my novel is about, so yeah. I'm kinda basing it off of the Percy Jackson series (which I just finished checking the whole series out yesterday, & the kiddies will have to wait till I finish NaNoWriMo) in the sense that there's kids with special abilities/powers, but they get taken to a camp (which is unnamed at the moment) at an earlier age. And then there's the enemy, who is working to take over the world by any means necessary, which is basically, since it's a technologically advanced society set in the future, taking down all technology: power, internet, anything and everything relevant to technology. The enemy is based off of an RP that a friend & I are working on (rather slowly), and the characters are from different countries, and they are rather fluent in their country's language. (Thank you, Google Translate, for teaching me other languages beyond Spanish & the miniscule amount of Russian that I know.) So yeah, that's my story in a nutshell.

I was on par with word count goals the first three or four days, but by day 5... you see, what had happened was... theatre. And the SAT, which I dread the scores for. But I will finish.
Old November 13th, 2011 (02:01 AM).
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
I started a week late; come at me NaNo! I have 11.1k now (... in like 4 days, lol) and am growing fast.
Old November 13th, 2011 (02:25 AM).
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
I . . . I don't know where I stand with NaNo right now. Exams started last week so I've had limited time, and my motivation went downhill when I realised I really didn't want to write Icebane. But now I'm cheating a little bit and using it for Champion Game to a certain extent. I think in the last six days of the month when exams are over I will go back to either Icebane or Frequency and go at it hammer and tongs to make up the wordcount deficit, because losing NaNo is something that I just cannot abide. I won't have that black spot on my record, no sir. But yeah, I'm kind of in limbo right now.
Old November 13th, 2011 (04:50 PM).
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
I . . . I don't know where I stand with NaNo right now. Exams started last week so I've had limited time, and my motivation went downhill when I realised I really didn't want to write Icebane. But now I'm cheating a little bit and using it for Champion Game to a certain extent. I think in the last six days of the month when exams are over I will go back to either Icebane or Frequency and go at it hammer and tongs to make up the wordcount deficit, because losing NaNo is something that I just cannot abide. I won't have that black spot on my record, no sir. But yeah, I'm kind of in limbo right now.
Okay, I am so sorry, but I can't help but spaz out at your signature and your avatar. SUNNY, TAEYON, AND TIFFANY FTW. <3

(coughs)

I'm like 10,000 words where today's word count is supposed to be. I just fail.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old November 13th, 2011 (06:07 PM).
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

I wish I could do NaNoWriMo. I am to occupied with school so, I can't do it. I'll root for all of you on this forum who decide to participate.

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old November 17th, 2011 (06:36 AM).
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Drabble-writing ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKYYYYYYYYY

/ 4k words behind ;;

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old November 18th, 2011 (11:37 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I wrote seven pages for my NaNo novel in one night!

And then I got plans to rework the entire plot and I feel like kicking myself. Because I won't be able to work on the current version now that I have new ideas floating in my head.
Old November 19th, 2011 (08:49 AM).
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
I wasn't able to update my novel in the past...week or so and now I'm 20,000 words behind.

I feel discouraged.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old November 19th, 2011 (01:01 PM).
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I feel terrible, I haven't really started anything yet. I knew this would happen, oh well too late now.

Good luck to rest of you!

Old November 20th, 2011 (06:23 AM).
Camisado
a therapeutic chain of events

Late joiner to the thread but hello!

I'm about 10k behind right now because I spent five evenings fretting over writing a job application. But if I manage to write about 3k per day, I can still make it. I've already proven that I can do that, as I have managed to several times over the past month.

I've been following and using @NaNoWordSprints on Twitter, which has proven to be the most effective way. Oh, and I did a pretty awesome sprint of 770 words or so against Misheard Whisper. :D

✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr
Old November 20th, 2011 (02:20 PM).
Mario The World Champion
Community Supporter

Nice to see people here still writing away. We're down to the final 10 days and I'm very close to the 40k word mark.

I think I might end this well before validation begins! XD

Old November 21st, 2011 (05:02 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2011 by Bay Alexison.
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
A couple nights ago I finished one of the writing projects I'm using for NaNo. I actually like how I end it, although I'll have to probably revise the last chapter after I get the earlier chapters polished. Later today I'll get started on my second project for NaNo. Don't think I'll be able to finish that one for Nano, but I'll write what I can!
Old November 21st, 2011 (08:52 PM).
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
I just spent five days in Blenheim without internet, so I got a massive amount of writing done. I'm now totally caught up, and even a day or two ahead, I think. I'd like to push ahead with that, but I have exams over the next couple of days, so I might have to take a bit of a break from NaNo to focus on those. After that, I'll be back into it for the last few days. I won't lose NaNo this year, but I won't make 127k like I did last year.
Old November 23rd, 2011 (06:42 PM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I started about 11 days ago and I have about 6000 words of fully edited non drabbled content. I know this isn't much or anything.. but it's my first fanfiction (ever) and I think it's quite a bit of progress for a first timer :3 Wish me luck <3 And happy writing, guys!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links