The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Toolbox

Notices

Toolbox Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Why should people tell me how I should release this tool and how I should do this and do that when I have no obligation to do any of this. I've spent money on hosting and many hours working on this program for people to enjoy and use to make ROM hacks. I will not tolerate this disrespect anymore.

You may download the program if it stays active but frankly I could care less. I am going to delete it in a few days so download it and save it while you still can.

Download:
Version 1.0.0.0

Spoiler:
By now every ROM hacker of the Pokemon games should have heard of this tool. This is Pokemon Game Editor. My main goal is to kinda make an all in one editor for hacking the GBA Pokemon games. It uses programs other people have made (With permission and/or credit) and internal programs (Made by me/0xRH) to bring you almost everything you need to make a Pokemon ROM hack.
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Features:

Downloads and installs the tools for you.
The tool can check for and install updates.
At the tool's core is a giant .ini file that can be edited and re-downloaded using the tool if you mess up.
Tools are internal. This is how I will create tools from now on; I'll just add them to the program.
The internal tools support ROMs that that the Pokemon, items, attacks and other things expanded.
NEW - You can add programs that don't come with the program.
Many other things

To do (Suggest things I should add to this list!):

Battle Tower Editor

Tool list:

VBA-link
XSE
A-trainer
Map Editor (Internal. It is not done and may never be done. This is not a priority because Advance Map exists.)
Pokedex Order Editor (Internal.)
GBA Item Editor(Oh yes this is back! It is installed with the tool.)
Pokedex Data Editor (New and improved!)
Pokemon Editor (Internal. This is not done yet.)
Move Tutor Editor (A tool I made but never released until now.)
Foot Print Editor
FSF
A-ptch
Shinyzer
Hacked unLZ
Overworld Editor RE
APE
A-starter
SMCA
RHEA
Pokecry
Advance Map 1.92
Advance Map 1.95
RSE Starter Editor (Has something special.)
Attack Editor (Has some new features related to recent ASM hacks.)
Ability Editor (You can edit the text related to abilities.)
Battle Script Editor (Very basic, far from being done.)

Credits:
The following are people who have in someway contributed to this program. They may have just made a program that has been included or have helped out in someway. If I forgot to add you to the list and you feel you should be on it please email me. They are listed in no particular order.

HackMew
thethethethe
denopqrihg
ZodiacDaGreat
mewthree9000
Darthatron
LU-HO
loadingNOW
linkandzelda
userpr
Jambo51
JPAN

Download:
Version 1.0.0.0

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

Last edited by Gamer2020; January 31st, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old October 26th, 2011, 06:24 AM
The Author
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Nature: Quiet
Thanks for putting the download link on the forums!
I'll definitely use it!
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Old October 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Josh 443
Beginning Trainer

would it be possible to add linux support? It will install, but not run under WINE.
Old October 26th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh 443 View Post
would it be possible to add linux support? It will install, but not run under WINE.
The program uses the .net 4.0 framework so it will not run on linux as far as I know. I do not plan on adding linux support at all.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
It's called "MONO". Look it up. I think it's pre-installed w/ ubuntu 11.04 +

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
It's called "MONO". Look it up. I think it's pre-installed w/ ubuntu 11.04 +
Doesn't work with 4.0 last I checked.

*Attention*

If you tried to install the program in the past few hours and got an error about a missing file redownload it and try again. It has been fixed.

Old October 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM
ExGiygas
The Madman In The TV

Nature: Docile
Is there going to be a possible offline installer? I'd want to be able to use this awesome program offline on my other computer (The one I'm on is someone else's).

Old October 27th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Lezza
The Guy who loves Braviarys

Nature: Jolly
This is amazing, I have been looking for a good A-Trainer

Wins-15, Losses-2, Matches-17
Check Out my Youtube Channel LemonNinjaz24
Old October 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Author View Post
Thanks for putting the download link on the forums!
I'll definitely use it!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExGiygas View Post
Is there going to be a possible offline installer? I'd want to be able to use this awesome program offline on my other computer (The one I'm on is someone else's).
Um no. I can't include any of the other programs directly in the installer because their makers don't allow me to. That's why the program downloads them. You can however download the programs manually and put them in the program folder.

Also it is best to be connected to the internet so you can receive the latest but updates and fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezza View Post
This is amazing, I have been looking for a good A-Trainer
It's the same one as HackMew's.

Old October 27th, 2011, 11:52 AM
jhxe02
│ └□ טө DЭ<†H NÖ†э

Nature: Quirky
cool .. trying it out soon ..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 28th, 2011, 12:23 AM
PKMN Trainer Alison
I'll follow you into the dark.

Nature: Gentle
This is amazing! Thank you so, so, so much!
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Serial ATA
Newcomer

Wow, I've been looking for a complete set of all the editors, but the link is broken, so can you reupload it to mediafire or zshare?
Old October 28th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Alison View Post
This is amazing! Thank you so, so, so much!
YOu're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhxe02 View Post
cool .. trying it out soon ..
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial ATA View Post
Wow, I've been looking for a complete set of all the editors, but the link is broken, so can you reupload it to mediafire or zshare?
It isn't broken, try again. There is only one download link. If I catch anyone (I check) reuploading the file (it is against the terms of the program) I will stop working on the program and stop releasing updates.

Spoiler:

Old October 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Wow, such a good idea and super handy, definately downloading & using it so thank-you!

Old October 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Serial ATA
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post

It isn't broken, try again. There is only one download link. If I catch anyone (I check) reuploading the file (it is against the terms of the program) I will stop working on the program and stop releasing updates..
Oh, okay, just checked the connection, it's working now. Thanks.
Old October 29th, 2011, 02:39 AM
HackingIsFun
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
I've been using this for a few days and it makes things so much easier. I added it to my Taskbar, so now I just click on it, then select the program I want to use. It's much easier than having to navigate through lots of folders. Great work
Old November 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
The Author
The Hero of Knothole Glade

Nature: Quiet
I think I might make a tool like this but for DS hacking. Has anyone created that already?

btw this has a Trojan horse. Fail.
The Musician
The Transcendentalist

The Author
The Philosopher
The Architect
The Psychologist
The Artist
Old November 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I think I might make a tool like this but for DS hacking. Has anyone created that already?

btw this has a Trojan horse. Fail. :P
To answer both.

1. Don't think so.

2. False positive, it was fine when I downloaded it, some tools do that to some Antivirus, like McAfee (or something like that), it should be fine.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old November 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
Could you please make a Dropbox mirror? Deposit Files never works for me, and Dropbox is a free one click easy to use service. I know you said no to the last guy, but I would really appreciate it.
Old November 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackingIsFun View Post
I've been using this for a few days and it makes things so much easier. I added it to my Taskbar, so now I just click on it, then select the program I want to use. It's much easier than having to navigate through lots of folders. Great work
Thanks! Although do realize that it is much more then an organizer.

Quote:

btw this has a Trojan horse. Fail.
You fail because there is no trojan. It's a false positive. Can you tell me which Anti-virus you use and exactly what the notification says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
Could you please make a Dropbox mirror? Deposit Files never works for me, and Dropbox is a free one click easy to use service. I know you said no to the last guy, but I would really appreciate it.
Nope sorry this is one thing I will not budge on. I need to use the link the way it is to properly track the number of downloads. Try a proxy or something. Depositfiles not working is not my fault.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:04 PM
Dualage
Beginning Trainer

When trying to download and install ANY of the programs, I get a "There was a problem installing the program..." error.

I Run XP SP3 with 4.0 installed.

Maybe it's my ISP failing again, but I don't know, so just wondering what the cause of this could be, since, looking around, no one else seems to get this error.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:13 AM
pokemonmasterdeep
Beginning Trainer

Sorry for going off topic but please read
Wonderful work , but can i give you advise?

it's not about software
it's about putting online it
choose websites that gives free hosting with no time wait. I think rapidshare is one of them but on my website (where i m almost alone , so very popluar) you are also welcome.
dgamesdownload.webs.com
epoke.webs.com (<--- under creation)

When i open

GBA GAME POKEMON EDITOR IT SAYS
"The application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000135 ."

it is application error
what to do

ok i searched , can u tell me which version of NET FRAME........ you used ?

i m download version 4 now.

Last edited by pokemonmasterdeep; November 3rd, 2011 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:29 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
When trying to download and install ANY of the programs, I get a "There was a problem installing the program..." error.

I Run XP SP3 with 4.0 installed.

Maybe it's my ISP failing again, but I don't know, so just wondering what the cause of this could be, since, looking around, no one else seems to get this error.
Is this after Pokemon Game Editor has been installed and you are trying to install one of the programs in the GUI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasterdeep View Post
it's not about software
it's about putting online it
choose websites that gives free hosting with no time wait. I think rapidshare is one of them but on my website (where i m almost alone , so very popluar) you are also welcome.
dgamesdownload.webs.com
epoke.webs.com (<--- under creation)
When I put the program on my own site people started complaining. Now you are complaining that it's on a file share site? And to top it off you're advertising websites? If you don't want to use the program don't download it. I made the program for myself and am only sharing it for those that WANT to use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasterdeep View Post
GBA GAME POKEMON EDITOR IT SAYS
"The application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000135 ."

it is application error
what to do

i m download version 4 now.
Is this after the program has been installed? See the if it works once you have the 4.0 .net framework.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
TrixAn
Beginning Trainer

Are you the creator of the Ability program? If you are, will you ever release a version of the program where the user can edit some abilities? Just simple stuff

Such as, the Rough Skin ability. I gave this ability to Ferroseed/Ferrothorn in my hack, but I would like the opponent to lose 1/8 instead of 1/16 when the ability kicks in, so that it can simulate Iron Barbs.

Anyway, great tool! I'm using it and I'm liking it
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixAn View Post
Are you the creator of the Ability program? If you are, will you ever release a version of the program where the user can edit some abilities? Just simple stuff

Such as, the Rough Skin ability. I gave this ability to Ferroseed/Ferrothorn in my hack, but I would like the opponent to lose 1/8 instead of 1/16 when the ability kicks in, so that it can simulate Iron Barbs.

Anyway, great tool! I'm using it and I'm liking it
It's an internal tool and I made all of the internal tools. Abilities are not easy to edit at all and I have no plans to add such a thing.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links