The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Brwalker91
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
So, I hate to be a bother, but I'm having a difficulty using the P.E (Pokemon Editor). Everything seems to work correctly on it, but when I go to try out what I've done nothing happens. To test it out, I tried to set it up so that you could make magikarp hold a potion and it would evolve in to Chinchou. Now I'm not sure if this should work, or if it should be as effective as trying to divide by zero. Whenever you can get to this is great. Take your time and great program! =)
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:57 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Some of the tools say that "There was a problem downloading the tool" or something of that nature
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
I have internet for now =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelektross View Post
Wow, this is amazing~
Recently, my game decided some certain Pokémon would stop registering in YAPE.
I don't know why this happened (I've been repointing properly :E), but I'd just like to say that the internal editor saved my life!
Thankyou for this amazing tool!
EDIT: A-Ptch and Shinyzer can't install from the main menu :E Also, is there anything done to Item Editor to make it more stable, and is the move editor you supply and more useful than the regular Move Editor (just in case, because of the USE AT OWN RISK!!! message )
Sorry for the questions D:
The message is there because the attack editor is incomplete. I'll look into the tools not wanting to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSpartanl99 View Post
Is there any way you can add Mac support? Wine is not working with it.
Not happening ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
When I try to load certain programs, I get an error message saying "You do not have the program installed in the same folder. Download and install it?" I click Yes, which then gives me another message saying "There was a problem installing the program...".

How do I fix this?
Not sure. I'd need more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Just add a copy of the file to the folder. This is more of an organizational tool than anything else.
Yes because it does nothing else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwalker91 View Post
So, I hate to be a bother, but I'm having a difficulty using the P.E (Pokemon Editor). Everything seems to work correctly on it, but when I go to try out what I've done nothing happens. To test it out, I tried to set it up so that you could make magikarp hold a potion and it would evolve in to Chinchou. Now I'm not sure if this should work, or if it should be as effective as trying to divide by zero. Whenever you can get to this is great. Take your time and great program! =)
Not sure. I know the evolution editing works. Could be something with the evolution routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by war rock exe View Post
Some of the tools say that "There was a problem downloading the tool" or something of that nature
Which tools specifically?

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

This site likes to keep things quiet and buries things. Over the years I have seen many injustices on this website to members of the ROM hacking community. Some where even very important people in the community that are now gone. If you want a website where you will be treated fairly and you can voice your opinion while learning more about ROM hacking then please join the following website.
http://pokemonhackersonline.com/
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
HongKongBinLaden
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
why i am only seeing the hex codes instead of the real pokemon name in the editor, is that any software which i had to install again?

the problem exceptionally severe for the PDE, AND PE editor, which i can't modify anything on pokemon data, move and pokedex.

is there any resolution to this problem?
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongBinLaden View Post
why i am only seeing the hex codes instead of the real pokemon name in the editor, is that any software which i had to install again?

the problem exceptionally severe for the PDE, AND PE editor, which i can't modify anything on pokemon data, move and pokedex.

is there any resolution to this problem?
Help - Updates - Update roms.ini

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

This site likes to keep things quiet and buries things. Over the years I have seen many injustices on this website to members of the ROM hacking community. Some where even very important people in the community that are now gone. If you want a website where you will be treated fairly and you can voice your opinion while learning more about ROM hacking then please join the following website.
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:13 PM
HongKongBinLaden
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
sorry, i tried, and also out of luck....
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Brwalker91
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
That is possible. I did successfully evolve a gyradose into a bulbasaur using a thunderstone. Maybe you have to actually be able to use an item on them for it to work.
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:31 AM
SuperEddie
Beginning Trainer

On Mediafire, you can track your downloads. It's free and easy.
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:33 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
I have internet for now =)

The message is there because the attack editor is incomplete. I'll look into the tools not wanting to install.

Not happening ever.

Not sure. I'd need more info.

Yes because it does nothing else

Not sure. I know the evolution editing works. Could be something with the evolution routine?

Which tools specifically?

Well advance map 1.95 i believe
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongBinLaden View Post
sorry, i tried, and also out of luck....
well... ok then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwalker91 View Post
That is possible. I did successfully evolve a gyradose into a bulbasaur using a thunderstone. Maybe you have to actually be able to use an item on them for it to work.
actually yeah, for that you would also need to add an ASM hack so the item actually evolves the pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEddie View Post
On Mediafire, you can track your downloads. It's free and easy.
It's already on a file sharing site. Stop complaining already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by war rock exe View Post
Well advance map 1.95 i believe
The link probably wasn't working at that time. Try again.

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Doa
Analyzer

Nature: Quirky
This tool is neat - I've gotten a bit of work done on my...project...that I didn't think was entirely possible. I'll be sure to credit you and everyone you credit if I can get my work off the ground.

The AdvanceMap downloads, and a few others, didn't work, though. Is that supposed to happen?

I'd post my sucky Diamond/HeartGold/ROM teams here, but...meh.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa View Post
This tool is neat - I've gotten a bit of work done on my...project...that I didn't think was entirely possible. I'll be sure to credit you and everyone you credit if I can get my work off the ground.

The AdvanceMap downloads, and a few others, didn't work, though. Is that supposed to happen?
The program downloads AdvanceMap from LU-HO's download link. The site may have been down at the time. What are the other programs? Also may sure you have the latest version of PGE. I'll be working on the program again soon, I've just been busy studying for my CCENT.

Old May 24th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Trainer Crimson
Beginning Trainer

Curiosity I am new to the rom hacking world so I am unsure what the names of the sprite and script editors are could you please tell me what these tools are if they are on your application
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Crimson View Post
Curiosity I am new to the rom hacking world so I am unsure what the names of the sprite and script editors are could you please tell me what these tools are if they are on your application
Overworld editor ReBirth edition and XSE, both made by HackMew.

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
solutioni9e
Booted out for a while

Hey, such a great tool!!! Excellent work.

But

When I go to click on for example, A-Trainer, it gives me this error:

There was a problem installing the program...

I've tried updating through Help but it fails to update.

Also, it does not work for A-ptch, Shinyzer, APE, A-Starter, SMCA, RHEA, Advance Map (both versions).

Help!
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:38 PM
enigmα.
phantom bullet
Community Supporter

Why can't I download it? The download link brings me to AdBucks or somethings then when I press Skip Ad it gives me an error message saying it can find the download site. I'm using Google Chrome. Please help.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • rmt collection - pkmn team collection
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by solutioni9e View Post
Hey, such a great tool!!! Excellent work.

But

When I go to click on for example, A-Trainer, it gives me this error:

There was a problem installing the program...

I've tried updating through Help but it fails to update.

Also, it does not work for A-ptch, Shinyzer, APE, A-Starter, SMCA, RHEA, Advance Map (both versions).

Help!
Try again. I'll double check them when I get a chance. I've just been busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightShine View Post
Why can't I download it? The download link brings me to AdBucks or somethings then when I press Skip Ad it gives me an error message saying it can find the download site. I'm using Google Chrome. Please help.
It just worked for me just now so try again.

Old June 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Gamer2020

Pokemon Game Editor has been updated! You can download the update from within the program itself, just go to help - updates - check now.

What's new?

You can now re-point animation scripts in the attack editor.(Make sure the pointer for your game is in the roms.ini)

The battle script editor is usable but missing several commands. (Use hex for parameters instead of decimal cause it's causing some problems.)

GUI has tabs now for better organization.

Battle script commands.
Spoiler:

"&H0" = "unknownCommand0x00NoArgs"
"&H1" = "SomeCompare"
"&H2" = "usedattackmsg"
"&H3" = "hitmisscalc"
"&H4" = "critcalc"
"&H5" = "basedmgcalc"
"&H6" = "typedmgcalc"
"&H7" = "effectcheck1"
"&H8" = "effectcheck2"
"&H9" = "baexe"
"&HA" = "turncheck"
"&HB" = "healthbardec"
"&HC" = "healthvaldec"
"&HD" = "critcheck"
"&HE" = "unkloopcheck"
"&H10" = "msgdisplay"
"&H12" = "seffectmsgdisplay"
"&H1A" = "faintdisplay"
"&H23" = "battleendfunc"
"&H24" = "ifwildend"
"&H26" = "storebyteforjump"
"&H27" = "jumpifbyte"
"&H28" = "goto"
"&H2E" = "storebyte"
"&H2F" = "addbyte"
"&H30" = "subtractbyte"
"&H31" = "copyarray"
"&H32" = "addarray"
"&H39" = "pause"
"&H3A" = "wait"
"&H3C" = "return1"
"&H3D" = "return2"
"H3F" = "end"
"&H41" = "call"
"&H45" = "animationprint"
"&H4C" = "pokemondataswitch"
"&H4D" = "pokemonbattledataswitch"
"&H4E" = "pokemonandhealthbardisplay"
"&H53" = "trainerdisplay"
"&H55" = "lvlupsnd"
"&H56" = "pkmfntsnd"
"&H57" = "flee"
"&H5C" = "hitflash"
"&H61" = "pkmswianimation"
"&H91" = "givemoney"
"&HEF" = "capture"

Sample script.
Spoiler:

#org 0x800000
unknownCommand0x00NoArgs
SomeCompare 0x800000 0xffff
usedattackmsg
hitmisscalc
critcalc
basedmgcalc
typedmgcalc
effectcheck1
effectcheck2
baexe
turncheck
healthbardec 0xff
healthvaldec 0xff
critcheck
unkloopcheck
msgdisplay 0xffff
seffectmsgdisplay 0xffff
faintdisplay 0xff
battleendfunc 0xff
ifwildend
storebyteforjump 0xff
jumpifbyte 0x800000
goto 0x800000
storebyte 0x800000 0xff
addbyte 0x800000 0xff
subtractbyte 0x800000 0xff
copyarray 0x800000 0x800000 0xff
addarray 0x800000 0x800000 0xff 0x800000
pause 0xffff
wait
return1
return2
call 0x800000
animationprint 0xff 0xff 0x800000
pokemondataswitch 0xff
pokemonbattledataswitch 0xff
pokemonandhealthbardisplay 0xff
trainerdisplay 0xff
lvlupsnd
pkmfntsnd 0xff
flee
hitflash 0xff
pkmswianimation 0xff
givemoney
capture
end

Enjoy and please report any bugs you find.

Old June 10th, 2012, 03:39 AM
arranf
Beginning Trainer

Whenever I click a tab for the first time I receive the following error:

Quote:
One or more ActiveX controls could not be display because either:
1) Your currenty security settings prohibit ActiveX from running on this page, or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls

As a result, the page might not display correctly
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arranf View Post
Whenever I click a tab for the first time I receive the following error:
So? The answer is obviously there if it's telling you what is wrong...

Old June 11th, 2012, 02:38 PM
arranf
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

So? The answer is obviously there if it's telling you what is wrong...
Never received the error in previous versions so I just thought I'd tell you in case it wasn't working as intended.
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Never received the error in previous versions so I just thought I'd tell you in case it wasn't working as intended.
You're the only one getting that error and it says why it's not working right there. None of those reasons say it's on my end right?

Old June 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
arranf
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

You're the only one getting that error and it says why it's not working right there. None of those reasons say it's on my end right?
I thought you'd appreciate the 'bug' report. Apologies for wasting your time.
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
I thought you'd appreciate the 'bug' report. Apologies for wasting your time.
Well thanks anyway. It's just that there is not much I can do about that if the problem is with your computer
Bye now!

Old June 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM
red panda
Mew Freak

Nature: Timid
I tried this program out.

It's pretty amazing! Better than my old multi folder nightmare setup. However the following program installs don't work:

A-Starter
Shinyzer
A-Ptch

Also, when I click on FSF I get: "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application" I assume that when it says that it's either a)It can't find the programs .exe or b)I'm missing a .Net version.

But all that aside, thank you soo much for making this. It's a Pokemon Hackers dream program.

Edit: By the way, does this program save backup copies of your rom hack? It's a pointless question anyway because AdvanceMap does this but just checking.

Teams I support:

Last edited by red panda; June 16th, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links