The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by red panda View Post
I tried this program out.

It's pretty amazing! Better than my old multi folder nightmare setup. However the following program installs don't work:

A-Starter
Shinyzer
A-Ptch

Also, when I click on FSF I get: "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application" I assume that when it says that it's either a)It can't find the programs .exe or b)I'm missing a .Net version.

But all that aside, thank you soo much for making this. It's a Pokemon Hackers dream program.

Edit: By the way, does this program save backup copies of your rom hack? It's a pointless question anyway because AdvanceMap does this but just checking.
Those programs should work try again.
For FSF you will need the .net framework 2.0 because that's what HackMew decided to use.

PGE does not back up the ROM, you should be doing this yourself anyway.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:02 PM
red panda
Mew Freak

Nature: Timid
FSF works now but I still can't download the other 3 after several tries.

Teams I support:
Old June 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by red panda View Post
FSF works now but I still can't download the other 3 after several tries.
Ok I think I know what the problem is. I will try to have it fixed in a couple of days. Thanks.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:26 PM
iPika

Does it work properly on Windows 7?

Cuz if it does, could you add a working advance mart? The separate one doesn't work so I thought when run internally in another software, it may work.

Made by the awesome xXxSakuraxXx. Yes, I am the person who asked for it.

Last edited by iPika; June 16th, 2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPika View Post
Does it work properly on Windows 7?

Cuz if it does, could you add a working advance mart? The separate one doesn't work so I thought when run internally in another software, it may work.
It does work on windows 7. You can edit the marts by editing their scripts with XSE.

Old June 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
I am somewhat confused. Whenever I click the download link, a random website pops up. And when I do get through some odd ends, I download something named iLivid. Is this normal?
I believe in God, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am a "Mormon" (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). If you ever want to learn about Mormonism, feel free to PM me or go to the official website (mormon.org).
Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureol View Post
I am somewhat confused. Whenever I click the download link, a random website pops up. And when I do get through some odd ends, I download something named iLivid. Is this normal?
um yes and no...
It's an ad...
Just click skip ad on the top right and everything should be fine.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post

um yes and no...
It's an ad...
Just click skip ad on the top right and everything should be fine.
Aha, I feel like a noob for not figuring that out. Thanks!
I believe in God, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am a "Mormon" (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). If you ever want to learn about Mormonism, feel free to PM me or go to the official website (mormon.org).
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
NoVideoFound
Beginning Trainer

just wanted to thank you i used that program (didnt work on windows vista for me) and edit ruby to a new game
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVideoFound View Post
just wanted to thank you i used that program (didnt work on windows vista for me) and edit ruby to a new game
The program does work on vista. Please make sure to have the 4.0 .net framework installed. If not then I will need more info.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
AmineX
Music Expert

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via ICQ to AmineX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AmineX Send a message via Skype™ to AmineX
would be nice to add poketronic

All my pokemon music related videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LHV1?feature=mhee
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:30 AM
kozzztya
Unhatched Egg

Screenshot - img404.imageshack.us/img404/8714/99941081.png

Lowers opponent's WHAT?

Please increase the width of this combobox.

Last edited by kozzztya; July 13th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Gamer2020

I kinda forgot to post about this but Pokemon Game Editor has received an update. Not much has changed with this update. Certain tools that didn't download before will now. There is also an edit roms.ini option in the help menu so you don't manually have to go looking for the file.

What we have planned now is to polish off some of the already started tools like the attack editor. If you have any suggestions or requests please send them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineX View Post
would be nice to add poketronic
I don't think that would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzztya View Post
Screenshot - img404.imageshack.us/img404/8714/99941081.png

Lowers opponent's WHAT?

Please increase the width of this combobox.
I've been planning on doing this already...

Old July 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Gamer2020

Today 0xRH brings you another update to PGE! You can get it by updating from within the program. The only thing new about this is that the attack editor is "finished" so that yo may edit the contest data. What's next? Not sure yet...

Old July 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
how do I edit move descriptions in the attack editor? i change it and save but then I come back to it and it isn't changed at all.
Old July 19th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
how do I edit move descriptions in the attack editor? i change it and save but then I come back to it and it isn't changed at all.
This seems to be one of the few things that this tool can't do. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the case.
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
This seems to be one of the few things that this tool can't do. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the case.
I think I may have found a way to be able to do it alternatively.
I opened the rom in a hex editor and went to the offset for the description. Each byte seems to correspond to a letter in the move's description, where spaces are represented by zeroes. I'll check if i can mess around with it right quick.

EDIT: So I messed with the bytes of Pound, and was able to change the description to something else. The tool is able to repoint descriptions, so I suppose it's possible to create a custom move description in free space, then repoint to it using the attack editor or finding the pointer in the hex editor. So currently, using a hex editor to change them is the only way for now, I guess. xD

Last edited by Darkrai Lv.1000; July 19th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Gamer2020

You're supposed to write the description in a hex editor then re-point to it. I was going to make it editable in the program but I feel it's better if people do it in the Hex editor.

Old July 21st, 2012, 08:35 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

i knew it. xD
it kind of is better, i'm learning more and more how things in the game work like this.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
PsychoToxin
Beginning Trainer

Just a suggestion, if it is possible, do you think you could edit the Pokedex Order editor to be a drag and drop kind of thing?

Example: You move Bulbasaur all the way to the end, and then all the pokemon in front get moved up one? Seems like a hassle when you edit a pokemon and then need to move all of the rest one by one up or back a lot.

Logic, so rare it's a goddamn superpower...
I also started messing with soundfonts... Check the rest of my channel for more.
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoToxin View Post
Just a suggestion, if it is possible, do you think you could edit the Pokedex Order editor to be a drag and drop kind of thing?

Example: You move Bulbasaur all the way to the end, and then all the pokemon in front get moved up one? Seems like a hassle when you edit a pokemon and then need to move all of the rest one by one up or back a lot.
I'll think about this but I'll probably never do it.

Old July 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM
erik92
Beginning Trainer

I wanted to download this, but the download link seems broken. It won't load anything but my browser saying it takes too long to load the page. I can open other pages, but I can't open the download link. Also Linkbucks.com is unable to load.
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:55 AM
PsychoToxin
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post

I'll think about this but I'll probably never do it.
It would be very helpful though. But, I guess that would be hard to program.

Logic, so rare it's a goddamn superpower...
I also started messing with soundfonts... Check the rest of my channel for more.
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:56 AM
monyarm
Beginning Trainer

when i click download it redirects me to 09161505(dot)linkbucks(dot)com wich in turn redirects me back to 09161505(dot)linkbucks(dot)com wich keeps redirecting me to 09161505(dot)linkbucks(dot)com
Please help
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:28 AM
Beebeeson
A wild Beebeeson appeared!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by monyarm View Post
when i click download it redirects me to 09161505(dot)linkbucks(dot)com wich in turn redirects me back to 09161505(dot)linkbucks(dot)com wich keeps redirecting me to 09161505(dot)linkbucks(dot)com
Please help
If you wait for the timer to count down and then click 'Skip this' or whatever, it loads to Deposit Files.
http://depositfiles.com/files/sihb52p9u
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links