The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Old October 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka

Advertise here
What is ATB (Advanced Team Builder)?
The program is written in Python with a Qt GUI (PyQt4).
As it stands PO's Team Builder leaves much to be desired. You have to have countless tabs open while building a team, it's all unorganized, it doesn't come with any pre-made sets (Which some people might see as a good thing, but I see it as you should already have the standard, and the ability to create your own custom). So, I've decided to create a program that will contain just about anything you could need while team building. Damage calculator, synergy dex, pre-made sets, and even a gauge that will calculate just how good your team stacks up against the metagame. It will then save the team you create in the same format that PO reads.

Feature List
- Can Open and Save teams in the program
- Comes with Pre-Made sets for all Pokemon (Probably just OU until a future release)
- The Ability to Add Your Own Sets
- A Super Effective calculating chart
- A Team Efficiency calculator
- Built in threat list
- Damage Calculator (Probably a future release feature)
- Type Chart
- Synergy Pokedex (Probably a future release feature)

Current Releases
None yet.

Credits
None yet, but I will definitely need help on things like the pre-made sets when the time comes, so names will hopefully end up here.
Attached Images
File Type: png prevnewgui.png‎ (31.6 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Ooka; October 28th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old October 28th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Forever
let it go

I like
Quote:
- A Super Effective calculating chart
- A Team Efficiency calculator
- Built in threat list
The most.

But I somewhat feel like...
Quote:
- Comes with Pre-Made sets for all Pokemon (Probably just OU until a future release)
Could take the fun out of team building, idk, I personally try with my own attack combinations and then check over the sets and go from there. Or if it's optional to choose the most common sets and if you can edit them then I'd prefer that :x (if that even makes sense lol)

Sounds interesting as a whole, though! :)
Old October 28th, 2011, 04:44 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I second what Nica said about the pre-made sets. This takes the fun out of team building because there are people out there who like to experiment with different move sets for the Pokemon they use.

But otherwise, this is a very cool project and I can't wait to see the final thing.

Old October 28th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm looking forward to this. Team Building is something I suck badly at, so hopefully I can try and get better using this. :3c I like the idea of getting all the pre-made sets the most, because I usually cannot be bothered to look on Smogon.

The Threat List, Synergy Dex and Team Efficiency calculator are other things I'm mostly looking forward to in the future. Good job, Ooka, cannot wait for a release. :)
Old October 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Sorry, I forgot to list it as a feature xD

Quote:
Which some people might see as a good thing, but I see it as you should already have the standard, and the ability to create your own custom
In the screenshot, under the dropdown where you would select which set to use, there will be an option called "Create Set". It'll open a new dialogue where you can build a completely custom set. You'll also be able to name and save the set so that later you won't have to build it again (Like PO's box feature in their team builder).

But glad you guys like it. I do plan on releasing it exclusively here so maybe it'll bring in some users (Unless you guys wouldn't want all the traffic).

EDIT: Updated the first post with the new GUI.

Last edited by Ooka; October 28th, 2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old October 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Comes with Pre-Made sets for all Pokemon (Probably just OU until a future release)
As long as that's not forcibly implemented (ie you open a mon and it gives you their most used set to begin with) that'd be nice. The other features look really useful, though. Looking forward to a release.
Old October 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

The way it's planned to work is you'll select a Pokemon from the dropdown on the left. Then the dropdown on the right will be populated with sets that are already added, with an option to "Create Set" at the top of the dropdown. As you create and save sets they will be added to the dropdown.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here