The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Old November 29th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

Heh... I remember Pikablu. Everyone was so sure that there was this mysterious Pokmon in Red and Blue. There was even this really long list of things that you had to do in order for you to get it. It was even claimed to be "certified" by Nintendo as a working code. Of course we know now it was just a leaked picture of Marril for Gold and Silver that started it all.

I really pity those people that actually attempted that terrifyingly long code.
Old November 30th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Sayuri no Hoshi
♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimou
Heh... I remember Pikablu. Everyone was so sure that there was this mysterious Pokmon in Red and Blue. There was even this really long list of things that you had to do in order for you to get it. It was even claimed to be "certified" by Nintendo as a working code. Of course we know now it was just a leaked picture of Marril for Gold and Silver that started it all.

I really pity those people that actually attempted that terrifyingly long code.

Oooooh I remember that. I was talking to my friend when I was in 7th or 8th grade and she said her favorite Pokemon was Pikablu. I was like...uh, is there even a Pikablu? Then I bought the TV Guide and it had Pikachu on the cover and it explained about what Pokemon was, the schedule, and a little "Who's That Pokemon?" puzzle for a new Pokemon that would be seen in the new season--which was the Orange Islands at the time. So I looked at it and I thought it was Pikablu. When I ever looked at the answer it said it was a Marill. O_o That proved everyone wrong I guess...

|| be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it ||

| c h r y s t i e | partners in crime | k a y l e i g h |
Old November 30th, 2003, 07:11 AM
punkie90
You can call me PK!

Send a message via AIM to punkie90 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to punkie90 Send a message via Yahoo to punkie90
Ya, i remeber that code. I tried it maybe 50 times. Then I found it was in Gold and Silver Versions.

Paired with Orange*Berry luckly!
Person I'm most alike
ashley03

Lover is
Kayleigh

Person I admire!

Lightning

My Hommies...

Dizzy
Moonlight
100marios
Iggy
Purin
Kairi
wings
YAS1
Carol
Arwen (Why is she on the list? J/K)
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Alakazam
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Alakazam
I hated peole who would lie and say that they had Pikablu and other legendary Pokemon, when they don't even exist. Those people are pathetic and that's why I make sure that every single codes works before I post it on my site. You won't find any of those "Beat the Elite Four 50 times without healing your Pokemon and Prof Oak will give you Pikablue" types of codes.
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:09 AM
punkie90
You can call me PK!

Send a message via AIM to punkie90 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to punkie90 Send a message via Yahoo to punkie90
I know. They would be like.. I have pikablu! And your like. There is no such pokemon!

Person I'm most alike
ashley03

Lover is
Kayleigh

Person I admire!

Lightning

My Hommies...

Dizzy
Moonlight
100marios
Iggy
Purin
Kairi
wings
YAS1
Carol
Old November 30th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

I never blieved Pikablu was real. I did, however, think that it was a Pokmon that was going to be in a future game. It turned out that I was right.

Oh, and sorry that you were duped, Punkie. That must have sucked.
Old November 30th, 2003, 12:28 PM
invinible
Trainer

Pokemon Unofficial CARD COLLECTOR'S GUIDE No. 47 has Pikablu, Togepi, King Slowpoke, and Lady-Ba as New Pokemon introduced in a Tropical Islands set when Pokemon: The First Movie came out in Japan.

Common sense lets us know that Togepi is of course Togepi, King Slowpoke is Slowking, and Lady-Ba is Ledyba.

I didn't know they changed the name Pikablu to Marill when it came to the U.S.

I'm paired with Cosmos.
Old November 30th, 2003, 01:24 PM
punkie90
You can call me PK!

Thanks Chimou! invinible. That why i knew t after a whike tho. Afetr mr tring to get and seeing the magizine!

Person I'm most alike
ashley03

Lover is
Kayleigh

Person I admire!

Lightning

My Hommies...

Dizzy
Moonlight
100marios
Iggy
Purin
Kairi
wings
YAS1
Carol
Old November 30th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

Marill's name was never Pikablu. A fan named it Pikablu.
Old November 30th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Greed

Nature: Rash
What? Are u all saying Pikablu's Marrill? O_o;;

*gets the crap beaten out by a bunch of Marrils*
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:21 AM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

Yes and no. Yes some drooling fan got their hands on the picture somehow and nicknamed it "Pikablu" because it resembled Pikachu and it was blue. No because it was never named Pikablue. The "Pikablu" god Pokmon that became part of R/G/B mythology was completely different...I guess.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:35 PM
Sapphire
:]

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sapphire
heh..Pikablu, my friend even printed out a pic! then i got this becket mag. that had the G/S pokemon in it, and 'Pikablu' was there. ha! I thought it was real! haha

I honestly don't know what to put in this signature anymore XD"Hi!" would probably be just fine, ne? or maybe something else...like...what...? hm....
Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:46 PM
Roxas

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Roxas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxas Send a message via Yahoo to Roxas
i remembered (before orange islands) that all the kids would say that there is a pikablu.i never believed them. then when maril first came out ,but no one knew it's real name, everyone said that it was pikablu...i dont think i still believed them...but i forgot
Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM
punkie90
You can call me PK!

I know. It was pretty much a made up nick name. It like the new one is pikablu and its blue! And there is pikachu. what does chu stand for?

Person I'm most alike
ashley03

Lover is
Kayleigh

Person I admire!

Lightning

My Hommies...

Dizzy
Moonlight
100marios
Iggy
Purin
Kairi
wings
YAS1
Carol
Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:10 PM
Sapphire
:]

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkie90
I know. It was pretty much a made up nick name. It like the new one is pikablu and its blue! And there is pikachu. what does chu stand for?
Pika in Japanese means 'Sparkle' I think ( 90% sure) and Chu is the sound a mouse makes, Sparklechu. its like saying Sparklemouse...kinda

I honestly don't know what to put in this signature anymore XD"Hi!" would probably be just fine, ne? or maybe something else...like...what...? hm....
Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:04 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

Close. Pika can mean sparkle, spark, electric, and lightning... @@ Chu can mean mouse, rodent, or rat.
Old December 4th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Porygon

Send a message via ICQ to Porygon Send a message via AIM to Porygon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Porygon Send a message via Yahoo to Porygon
Also, there is a little rodent somewhere called a Pika. It looks a little like Pikachu, I suppose. Not sure about 100% authenticity, but sure enough.
Old December 6th, 2003, 07:57 AM
E. Master
Ho-oh Master

My cousen told me when I was 8 if I got him a level 100 Blastoids he would give me a pikablu, an I did it and all I got was ***** pikachu!
Old December 7th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

Swearing isn't allowed in the forum. Watch your language please.

And I think you're talking about Pichu, Porygon. It's in G/S/C and R/S.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links