Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game > Custom Cards

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Custom Cards For your creations of cards made on your own, post them here and show your great creativity and moves! See what Pokémon or little hilarious thing you concoct with the TCG base-sets obtainable here and other places.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2011 (07:44 PM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

So I bought cards off ebay (290 cards) which included rares, uncommons, and commons, stadium, trainers ect. The description says normal use and in good to fair condition. The pictures showed the cards overlayed and only three real cards on top. I bought cards off ebay before so didn't think anything of it. This is the negative feedback I left which pretty much sums it up

"210 of 290 Pokemon Cards were fake. 80% of the cards are in horrible condition."
Old December 29th, 2011 (11:05 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

How could you tell they were fakes though? What gave it away?
Old December 30th, 2011 (12:31 AM). Edited December 30th, 2011 by pkolaboy.
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

Super easy, the cards were more flimsy, the backs were lighter contrast, there was four of the same rares at times, the energy symbols were sketchy, the borders were differant sizes, fonts, and the most funniest thing of all; there were reprints of holos that were not holographic lol (holo print, just not shiny). I wasn't that mad because there were a lot of them too. I just looked at my wife and said "watch this", drug the trash can over to the table, picked up all the cards and threw them away lol. She was like "Why did you do that!" lol

Not to mention the condition too. There were card that had corners cut(?). Ripped cards, torn, and dirty as can be. Luckily the ones I did scavage were in good condtion.
Old December 30th, 2011 (01:12 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Some cards in several sets had both holo and non-holo versions, just so you're aware (if you weren't already aware).

But damaged cards sounds like you weren't getting your money's worth.
Old December 30th, 2011 (01:40 AM).
pkolaboy
Beginning Trainer

No, I mean they were that horrible that the person copied a holographic card and just straight printed it on a card.
Old December 30th, 2011 (12:58 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by pkolaboy:
No, I mean they were that horrible that the person copied a holographic card and just straight printed it on a card.
Oh, wow, not that's a ripoff.

Sponsored Links