The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Arek1985
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Really just wanted to say thanks for making a hack of my favorite Pokemon game. I have to say Gold/Silver to this day were my favorite in the series and I'll be sure to give this a thorough play through. I'll definitely be following the progress of this.
Reply With Quote
  #252    
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
EvelienKN's Avatar
EvelienKN
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Female
looks old but realy cool
like the onix and mutch mor like the party whide 3 and that stuff
i realy like to try this game out :D
Reply With Quote
  #253    
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arek1985 View Post
Really just wanted to say thanks for making a hack of my favorite Pokemon game. I have to say Gold/Silver to this day were my favorite in the series and I'll be sure to give this a thorough play through. I'll definitely be following the progress of this.
Thanks! You definitely should give it a try, it offers a way different experience from any other pokemon game you've played. The "pokemon-stylish" gameplay remains but the hack is unique in many ways beside that (especially in further releases, not that much in Beta 3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelienKN View Post
looks old but realy cool
like the onix and mutch mor like the party whide 3 and that stuff
i realy like to try this game out :D
Thanks

I haven't gotten that much done lately but currently, I'm editing Area 123 so you can tell a lot of progress has been made since Beta 3 (which had the last area as Area 116 I suppose). If things go according to the plan, I'll be able to release a "pre-beta" version of Beta 4 sometime during the spring 2013 and the real beta 4 in the summer or later that year
And it's really pointless to plan that far to the future but if I continue hacking at that pace, final version should come out sometime during 2014.

By the way, the name of the hack is gonna change very soon and I'll be also updating it to the thread title. So not to worry, the hack won't be re-started or anything but will just go on with a new name, that's all.
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Reply With Quote
  #254    
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
By the way, the name of the hack is gonna change very soon and I'll be also updating it to the thread title. So not to worry, the hack won't be re-started or anything but will just go on with a new name, that's all.
"Pokémon: Dark Beginnings"

...no?

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Reply With Quote
  #255    
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:59 PM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
"Pokémon: Dark Beginnings"

...no?

Cyclone
I get it, this was supposed to be a joke but for a name, it wouldn't sound bad either. That name there would actually tell the player about the hack and not being completely random; Dark Future isn't either but I've something better in mind.

I've been discussing about this hack's storyline with a person who I'm not going to reveal here but I'm currently waiting for his response to some ideas for the names I've pulled out. Anyway, I could say already that the hack will be called:

Pokemon Might and Magic (Heroes reference) but we'll just see about that. And believe it or not, that name tells A LOT about this hack
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Reply With Quote
  #256    
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Pinta77's Avatar
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Very interesting. The main character looks kind of cool.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257    
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:44 PM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinta77 View Post
Very interesting. The main character looks kind of cool.
Very interesting? Change of the name of the hack, or something else?
Nice to hear you like the main character. It's not done by me in any way though

Anyway, the hack won't be called Might and Magic like stated earlier. Instead, after quite a long while of thinking for a good name that would match perfectly with the storyline (without spoiling much at all) I've decided it.

The hack is called Pokémon Dark Energy from now on.

The new name comes from the fact that in the next release, you'll hear of dark energy, how universe mostly consists of it (like all physicists know, I'm probably saying something wrong here myself though, hahha), and of the disappearance of a significant amount of it in the past during a short period of time (energy doesn't disappear, it can only change from one form into another). What does this mean? What could have been responsible for the disappearance? Does the energy have something to do with Elemental Orbs or The Crisis? What about the Guardian? Why was it protecting one of the Elemental Orbs in Beta 3 ?

If you want, you can try to figure out solutions to those questions I left here and see how well you guessed correctly (no don't do this, you won't be able to guess correctly because the answers are kind of complicated) :D
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; October 21st, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #258    
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
The new name comes from the fact that in the next release, you'll hear of dark energy, how universe mostly consists of it (like all physicists know, I'm probably saying something wrong here myself though, hahha), and of the disappearance of a significant amount of it in the past during a short period of time (energy doesn't disappear, it can only change from one form into another). What does this mean? What could have been responsible for the disappearance? Does the energy have something to do with Elemental Orbs or The Crisis? What about the Guardian? Why was it protecting one of the Elemental Orbs in Beta 3 ?
The answers to all of these questions is right here, and I'll tell you...after the break. *cues Hoveround commercial*

Seriously, sounds - uh - mysterious.

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Reply With Quote
  #259    
Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
Vestra
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender:
Hey there, great hack, loving the storyline so far. Solid characterisation and difficultly curve. Then again being silver turbo speed helps when training the **** out of pokemon but I'm still enjoying it thoroughly.

A quick question, I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but I'd just like to make sure: Do any pokemon evolve by trading or do they all have new methods?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #260    
Old October 22nd, 2012, 03:25 AM
UltraNerdtendo64's Avatar
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
This hack looks amazing like litteraley all Gold/Silver hacks do even though Gold/Silver is my least favourite. But, damn this looks neat! I'm excited for the final release.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #261    
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:27 AM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra View Post
Hey there, great hack, loving the storyline so far. Solid characterisation and difficultly curve. Then again being silver turbo speed helps when training the **** out of pokemon but I'm still enjoying it thoroughly.

A quick question, I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but I'd just like to make sure: Do any pokemon evolve by trading or do they all have new methods?

Cheers
Looks like you didn't pay attention on what I wrote for people to read before actually starting to play the hack

Check out the first post, it describes most changes made to the pokemon of normal G/S/C. For the ones not being there, you'll actually find out in the game.

Thanks otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
This hack looks amazing like litteraley all Gold/Silver hacks do even though Gold/Silver is my least favourite. But, damn this looks neat! I'm excited for the final release.
Thanks

Spoiler:
The reason why popular Gold/Silver hacks are actually that good is because by hacking G/S, you'll eventually learn how to do stuff Gamefreak could have done (as there aren't really tools that will make you achieve everything without actually knowing how things work. This also leads into more proper understanding of the mechanisms and game's engine, and you'll learn to do more complicated things others could imagine you to do).


Thanks for all the feedback! I'll get back to you by replying to further messages or until I've got something worthy of sharing again.
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Reply With Quote
  #262    
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Guess what? I've got a video for you to share!

This particular one has text taken off and replaced with "Object events", simply because of spoilers related to the main characters and their identities.



Personally, I love this little scene and how it turned out a lot better than I had planned it to be :D

You may not be able to tell much about it but as far as I can tell you is that Ashlyn gets embarrassed by what that familiar face
Spoiler:
Roland
tells her there
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Reply With Quote
  #263    
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Vestra
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Looks like you didn't pay attention on what I wrote for people to read before actually starting to play the hack

Check out the first post, it describes most changes made to the pokemon of normal G/S/C. For the ones not being there, you'll actually find out in the game.

Thanks otherwise
I did pay attention, I just suppose I should have thrown the 'any' in italics.

So again, and give me a proper answer this time. Answering questions instead of being a smartarse is usually a good way to go.

Are there any pokemon that evolve via trade, or do they all have new methods of evolution. I only ask so I don't waste time training **** I can't evolve. I'm assuming you've covered them all but assuming won't get me anywhere.

Noting down the changes can help people plan out their teams easier. I'd suggest being more thorough when describing minor differences between the games, such as an evolution change.

Cheers.

Last edited by Vestra; October 25th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #264    
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
No offense, but I don't mind a little storyline in these videos. Someone doesn't want a spoiler, don't watch the video. As it is, I can't get excited from this video as it tells me absolutely nothing about the hack; the storyline in the video could serve to draw people into the hack.

BTW, how did you post a new post after your old one? Mine always get doubled even if I post a week later.

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Reply With Quote
  #265    
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:30 PM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra View Post
I did pay attention, I just suppose I should have thrown the 'any' in italics.

So again, and give me a proper answer this time. Answering questions instead of being a smartarse is usually a good way to go.

Are there any pokemon that evolve via trade, or do they all have new methods of evolution. I only ask so I don't waste time training **** I can't evolve. I'm assuming you've covered them all but assuming won't get me anywhere.

Noting down the changes can help people plan out their teams easier. I'd suggest being more thorough when describing minor differences between the games, such as an evolution change.

Cheers.
Things you should know before starting to play

Like explained above, this is not an ordinary Pokemon game. Instead, I've tried to make it more of an RPG-game, like Final Fantasy series. If you get the feeling of playing a hack of this kind, I've succeeded in what I've been trying to do.

-For balancing, the stats of original RBY & GSC starter Pokemon (Bulbasaur --> Blastoise & Chikorita --> Feraligator) have been decreased by 5%.
-The Pokemon that were originally traded to evolve, evolve now by leveling up instead (Poliwhirl and Slowpoke can also be made to evolve by Water Stone into Poliwrath and Slowking).
-Eevee has had some changes as well (you'll find out these by playing the hack).
-Magikarp evolves by Water Stone (and may also learn some new abilities).
-Following Pokemon have their movesets edited:
Code:
Raichu, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Ninetails, Wigglytuff, Vileplume, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Victreebel, Exeggcutor, Starmie, Bellossom, Politoed, Sunflora, Scizor
Notice how all of them expect for Scizor are evolved forms of Pokemon that are made to evolve with stones. This is because I wanted to make it so people can freely evolve their Pokemon (when they've gotten to Lv30) when they get the needed stones as now the upper forms also learn all the moves their previous forms did. Scizor then again is in the list so that it will learn all Scyther's and Scizor's attacks. Notice that the upper forms of the Pokemon that evolve by stones, don't learn the attacks that their lower forms learn before level 30 (that's why the level limit).


There you have it. All trade evolutions have been disabled and described that you'll get the last forms of trade-evolution pokemon by leveling them up or by stones with those two.
Sorry for stupid answer but I wouldn't care less about which pokemon I'd be using when playing this hack which you're going to eventually notice yourself too. There will be no elite four in the end of the game so you don't have to worry about being able to have the best possible team or anything. Of course the quality of your party has to be at certain level but really, most pokemon you can catch will simply do and you won't need Alakazam, Arcanine or anything like that if you don't want to.

But yeah, this is covered in both the first post and the information in zip-file which you'll eventually run into before starting to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
No offense, but I don't mind a little storyline in these videos. Someone doesn't want a spoiler, don't watch the video. As it is, I can't get excited from this video as it tells me absolutely nothing about the hack; the storyline in the video could serve to draw people into the hack.

BTW, how did you post a new post after your old one? Mine always get doubled even if I post a week later.

Cyclone
You should be able to pick up a lot of things of this cutscene if you had played through beta 3 before watching it. Of course by not knowing what happens in that release, it's impossible to get even a general idea what's even going on here.
I'm probably not going to include any videos related straight to the storyline because that would spoil too much for those just starting to play the hack who shouldn't know what those Elemental Orbs really are. There won't be many storyline-related events to come before beta 4 but the ones related to it, are major and if I showed the text displayed in those sequences, people who played beta 3 would really get excited (not sure about ones who haven't tried it out yet like you haven't).

This little scene here wasn't actually related to the main objective of the party but storyline nonetheless.


Now that I think about it, I could upload a video of been ordered to do the main objective in the beginning of the game. By reading the storyline in the first post, you'll get the general idea behind what you're doing so I could show a video of that cutscene there. It shouldn't be that interesting though as you'll only get little information to start with and learn more and more while traveling. It's not like any other pokemon game in which you're made clear in the beginning what to do (often, go to collect 8 gym badges and defeat Elite Four). In this one, you're asked to go to see some scientists in a place called Rocky Mountain because they've found old text describing what happened 1000 years ago and something related to the Elemental Orbs. Once you finish this "main quest" by reaching Rocky Mountain in East-Suden, you'll actually notice your quest has only begun and you're needed for much more than you could have imagined, even possibly to save the world (unlike in most pokemon games, you're only able to explore a couple of areas you couldn't have been to earlier once finishing the main quest you're send out to carry).


As the being the hack owner, I'm able to triple-post if I've something worthy of saying on the second and third time. Of course making 4 consecutive posts is possible too if the hack is being ignored for whatever reason (this shouldn't be possible according to the rules but I don't think the mods would mind at all) and I've also got something worthy of showing the fourth time as well.


Edit:
In case you didn't see it ealier,

__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; October 26th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #266    
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Communisaurus
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
I just wanted to let you know that I think this hack could be the best G/S/C hack ever made once it's finished.
I've been playing it on my GBC via usb cartridge, so damn good. I appreciate that although it's different, you keep true to how i think gen ii hacks should be (no gen III-V pokemons, no new types, etc.)

I only wish that the West was finished! its disheartening to know that there's a peak on my journey i've yet to finish

please don't give up on this hack, there aren't any decent Gen II hacks on there.

I'm a GBC purist, and only want to play gen II hacks. personally i find the selection to be quite poor. Dark Energy is the only diamond in the rough i've come across.
Reply With Quote
  #267    
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Vestra
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
[


There you have it. All trade evolutions have been disabled and described that you'll get the last forms of trade-evolution pokemon by leveling them up or by stones with those two.
Sorry for stupid answer but I wouldn't care less about which pokemon I'd be using when playing this hack which you're going to eventually notice yourself too. There will be no elite four in the end of the game so you don't have to worry about being able to have the best possible team or anything. Of course the quality of your party has to be at certain level but really, most pokemon you can catch will simply do and you won't need Alakazam, Arcanine or anything like that if you don't want to.

But yeah, this is covered in both the first post and the information in zip-file which you'll eventually run into before starting to play.
Balancing my team is just something I do I suppose. I enjoy covering as many types as possible to simply get through content without hitting walls. In the end I'm not too fussed as I've roughly set up my team but say something like Steelix, which isn't mentioned amongst that list, (which I assure you I did read on the first page before attempting and completing the current hack content) what level would that evolve at? Maybe chuck a list of the first page covering any evolutions you've changed so people know what they're aiming for as they progress.

In the end, if you'd prefer it to be more rpg like in the sense that you learn as you go, I understand that too.

Cheers for the passive response though, I apologise for being rude earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #268    
Old October 27th, 2012, 12:49 AM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Communisaurus View Post
I just wanted to let you know that I think this hack could be the best G/S/C hack ever made once it's finished.
I've been playing it on my GBC via usb cartridge, so damn good. I appreciate that although it's different, you keep true to how i think gen ii hacks should be (no gen III-V pokemons, no new types, etc.)

I only wish that the West was finished! its disheartening to know that there's a peak on my journey i've yet to finish

please don't give up on this hack, there aren't any decent Gen II hacks on there.

I'm a GBC purist, and only want to play gen II hacks. personally i find the selection to be quite poor. Dark Energy is the only diamond in the rough i've come across.
Thanks, that's also what I'm aiming for; not being the best hack ever made but it having totally unique storyline and implementing which differs greatly from the rest. I actually will add Rayquaza to the game later on but that's it. It won't even be obtainable but has a pretty good reason for being there (although a pokemon like Mewtwo or Lugia could simply replace it in this case but whatever).

The West (and more) is finished but not in the version released in public

Prism would actually qualify as a "decent" gen II rom hack but there are others too, you might want to check out the hacks released in Skeetendo Inc.

Thanks for so positive feedback on my hack. And you can count on the fact that the gameplay will turn out even better as you progress further (in beta 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra View Post
Balancing my team is just something I do I suppose. I enjoy covering as many types as possible to simply get through content without hitting walls. In the end I'm not too fussed as I've roughly set up my team but say something like Steelix, which isn't mentioned amongst that list, (which I assure you I did read on the first page before attempting and completing the current hack content) what level would that evolve at? Maybe chuck a list of the first page covering any evolutions you've changed so people know what they're aiming for as they progress.

In the end, if you'd prefer it to be more rpg like in the sense that you learn as you go, I understand that too.

Cheers for the passive response though, I apologise for being rude earlier.
Onix evolves at level 34 or 35 to Steelix if I remember right. I guess you're right, I could make an evolution guide or something for the hack too but the reason why I haven't done such things is to make the thread look different from the rest. I don't want people to bother about at which level does this pokemon evolve or stuff like that. That's completely off the general idea of the hack.

About getting Onix though, if you really want to get Steelix that is a good idea BUT...
Spoiler:
Super Onix will be obtainable later in the game (not yet in beta 3) and it's stats can be compared to those of other legendary pokemon


This hack is actually A LOT RPG-like, more than you'd imagine from what you can see in beta 3. I guess I planned the storyline until reaching Rocky Mountain badly because once you get there, you've already played around 60-70% of the hack "without any purpose" (of course there are storyline-related events along the way but not so many that you'll run into after this point). Once you've reached Rocky Mountain, you can say "Goodbye!" to the normal pokemon feeling, because the real action is just about to start!
Personally, I can tell that the remaining ~30% of the gameplay will be really epic. I've planned it out quite well, and have got feedback from other hackers and friends about it, and all of them liked it.

And don't worry about sounding "mean", I did that too you know. And I'm not offended by someone talking to me in a little bit harsh way so yeah, no problem really
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; October 27th, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #269    
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:12 AM
y0r124's Avatar
y0r124
EpicTrainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Whoa , this hack should be a Very Epic Hack ever :D
__________________

Visit Me Facebook

Goto→

I'm Support these hacks :


Thanks to Banner by to123x
Dark Energy (No Banner)
Reply With Quote
  #270    
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Sofnyx
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Truro UK
Gender:
Nature: Naughty
I'm still trying to work my head around the de-stone I understand it's use but why? Unless you have all 5 evolutions move sets and want give it a stupid move set I'm kinda lost with the point of it I kinda felt pushed to take commander squirted and bulbasaur in my team so espeon or umbreon are my choices...
But I love how traded pokes don't have stupid ass names enjoying the story a lot great so far
__________________
FC ~ 1204 5620 8633 (platinum)

Remember i live in England so its like 2am for me when everyone gets active with battling here which is why i dont respond alot due to being asleep
Reply With Quote
  #271    
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:32 PM
ROBO-BOY's Avatar
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ecruteak City, Johto
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
So, Beta 3. Elemental Orbs =... WHAT GIVES?!?

Like the hack though. Pretty sweet.
__________________
Ok, so it is my Johto Dream Team...
Reply With Quote
  #272    
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Communisaurus
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
When will Beta 4 be released? I'm going to hold out for that before I get too far along.
And I'm willing to let you know of any bugs I come across along the way :]
Reply With Quote
  #273    
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:54 AM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0r124 View Post
Whoa , this hack should be a Very Epic Hack ever :D
Thanks!

Spoiler:
And we've got another one supporting with the banner!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofnyx View Post
I'm still trying to work my head around the de-stone I understand it's use but why? Unless you have all 5 evolutions move sets and want give it a stupid move set I'm kinda lost with the point of it I kinda felt pushed to take commander squirted and bulbasaur in my team so espeon or umbreon are my choices...
But I love how traded pokes don't have stupid ass names enjoying the story a lot great so far
Some think the way you do, others not
I think it's cool to have a Flareon being able to use moves like Bubblebeam or Thunderbolt. After all, you've gotten them in a "legit" way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBO-BOY View Post
So, Beta 3. Elemental Orbs =... WHAT GIVES?!?

Like the hack though. Pretty sweet.
Nothing as of now. You won't have to collect the Elemental Orbs yet at that time, only later on in Beta 4.
I know there are a lot of suspicious things about it but the further you progress, the more you know (and possibly, the more confused you get) :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communisaurus View Post
When will Beta 4 be released? I'm going to hold out for that before I get too far along.
And I'm willing to let you know of any bugs I come across along the way :]
Beta 4 will be released when it's done. I can't really say more about it for now; two months, five months, ten months, maybe more...
The thing is that I have yet to decide how much to include in it. I could actually set up a poll to the thread for people to vote how much they'd like to see in the next release. Should there be simply more gameplay, many new related to the storyline to see but nothing major or possibly around 85% of the final version gameplay by including both West and East Suden in it completely and the hack would be only missing the final events of the game (as well as some sidequests which would be revealed in final version) ?
I guess it actually would be a good thing to reveal the hack "piece by piece". I could make it so that beta 4 would contain that 85% of the gameplay or release two versions along the way (I already know good points where the hack could end until then) and make this 85% version be beta 6.

Sure, you can report all the bugs you notice but I'm already aware of these:

Code:
-PLAYER uses Escape Rope even if he doesn't have one (Deep Cavern).
-Flying palette
-Mart's music (Highland Town)
-Player's palette during the naming screen
-Disappearing scenes in Area 100, Area 107
-Jin's sprite change when he sends you out
-De-Stone is described as a Berry when a pokemon is holding it
-Warp sound (little girl THE CAPITAL) & Ledge in Area 100 sound
Most of these are related to how G/S have been programmed and cannot be fixed unless I re-programmed parts of its engine. Then there are also those minor script errors like with those disappearing scenes which I'll eventually fix but haven't just done so yet. Nothing game-affecting (or breaking) anywhere though.

By the way, thanks for all the comments


EDIT:
There is a poll up above! If you've played Beta 3, I'd like to hear your opinion about the contents of Beta 4.
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; October 29th, 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #274    
Old November 1st, 2012, 10:55 PM
y0r124's Avatar
y0r124
EpicTrainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Thanks!

Spoiler:
And we've got another one supporting with the banner!
Yes Some support for you .
And hope next beta will be more Epic than beta 3.1
__________________

Visit Me Facebook

Goto→

I'm Support these hacks :


Thanks to Banner by to123x
Dark Energy (No Banner)
Reply With Quote
  #275    
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Autophobic's Avatar
Autophobic
Fearing Isolation
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
This hack is really unique and fun. It's kept me pretty occupied, I'm at the third gym right now and I'm having a blast. Good job!
__________________
~ Pokemon Crystal Shiny Breeder ~

I'm currently breeding for a Shiny Tauros.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.